|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was an important letter discovered in a monastery?
2. Which of the following is not attributed to Abbe Ducaud-Bourget?
(c) War hero.
3. The letter contained what historical item?
(a) Part of a Gospel.
(b) Letter from Pontius Pilate.
(c) Jesus' will.
(d) Edict from Nero.
4. How many tribes of Israel were there?
5. What scrolls are seen as definitive history rather than theology?
(b) Nag Hammadi.
(d) Dead Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Reportedly, a missing piece of the Bible including a different version of the healing of what person?
2. What people did the Merovingians rule?
3. Who supposedly held the cup while it was being filled?
4. Land gifted to the main tribe included what city?
5. What Gospel suggested Joseph of Aremathea was a friend of Pontius Pilate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the origin of the Merovingian dynasty.
2. Who was King Belus? What was his relationship to the Benjamites?
3. How did the authors trace the seed of David?
4. Why was the involvement of Pontius Pilate questionable?
5. Who was Abbe Ducaud-Bourget? What was the Abbe's relationship to the Pope?
6. Name at least two clues followed by the authors in connecting Jesus to the Merovingians.
7. What were the early references to the Holy Grail and how did they differ from later theories?
8. What is the view of the authors on the conversion of Constantine?
9. Explain some of von Eschenbach's theories on the Grail.
10. Who was Mani? What part did Mani play in the religious arena?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)