|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many commanderies were contained in the Priory?
2. What was the person's surname?
3. What group was commonly known as "cross bearing soldiers?"
(a) Knights Templar.
(c) Priory of Scion.
4. Where did the monks originate?
5. In what year was the Priory evicted from Saint-Samson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the french word for "knight?"
2. According to the author, which is not mentioned in the primary collection?
3. What is another name for a Cathar priest?
4. What religious group is not mentioned in this chapter?
5. D'Anjou was related to what famous character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the authors begin the book with tales about the Cathars?
2. Who was Guillaume de Tyre? For what historical contribution is Guillaume de Tyre well known?
3. What are the Rosicrucian Manifestos?
4. How was Nostradamus tied to the French court?
5. Name at least one reason why older nobility in the Languedoc liked to become Cathar priests.
6. Who supposedly instigated the Crusades?
7. What was the main difference between Godfroi and the other military leaders?
8. Describe the important opus that was contained in the Dossiers Secrets.
9. What was considered to be the first case of genocide in European history?
10. Who was Rene D'Anjou and what was his role in finding the Holy Grail?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)