|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did resistance essentially cease?
2. What city was supposedly the base for the Priory?
(a) Le Puy.
3. Who is credited with writing the first known account of the group?
(b) de Tyre.
4. What was the surname of the person credited with compiling genealogies?
5. According to the author, which is not mentioned in the primary collection?
(b) Holy Grail.
(d) Teutonic Knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is credited with writing the third tract?
2. Some of the work had been traced to which group?
3. Which of the following languages was not studied by the man?
4. What group was commonly known as "cross bearing soldiers?"
5. When was The Albigensian Crusade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Guillaume de Tyre? For what historical contribution is Guillaume de Tyre well known?
2. Describe briefly the works regarding the founding of the Knights Templar.
3. What was considered to be the first case of genocide in European history?
4. Explain the connection to Pope John XXIII.
5. Describe how the Templars changed after the Pope gave them free reign.
6. Who was Rene D'Anjou and what was his role in finding the Holy Grail?
7. Who seemed to be the true ruler of France during the reign of Louis XIII?
8. How was Nostradamus tied to the French court?
9. What was the main difference between Godfroi and the other military leaders?
10. What else was discovered by Sauniere?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)