|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following Crusaders was quoted in the documents?
2. According to the author, which is not mentioned in the primary collection?
(b) Teutonic Knights.
(d) Holy Grail.
3. What was the name of the man who led the monks from Italy?
4. Most of the material had been donated to what institution?
(a) Biblioteca nazionale centrale di Roma.
(b) Smithsonian Institute.
(c) Library of Congress.
(d) Bibliotheque Nationale.
5. Where was the new headquarters for the Knights?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some experts believe that the Priory of Scion did not last beyond which time period?
2. What is the french word for "knight?"
3. What was a notable feature about the Crusaders?
4. The Rosicrucian Manifestos featured which man?
5. How many parchments were found inside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe briefly the works regarding the founding of the Knights Templar.
2. Who supposedly instigated the Crusades?
3. Why did the authors begin the book with tales about the Cathars?
4. Briefly describe the discovery of the parchments.
5. What else was discovered by Sauniere?
6. What are the Rosicrucian Manifestos?
7. Name at least three significant locations in the coastal region of France.
8. How was Nostradamus tied to the French court?
9. In what year and by what method was the history of the Knights Templar released to the public?
10. Who was Guillaume de Tyre? For what historical contribution is Guillaume de Tyre well known?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)