|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did resistance essentially cease?
2. What is the french word for "knight?"
3. Which of the following was not among the sites of interest listed?
(a) Chateau of Blanchefort.
(b) Knights Templar preceptory.
(c) Pilgrim's path.
(d) Rose line.
4. What famous person was listed as a Grandmaster?
(a) Van Gogh.
(b) da Vinci.
5. How many parchments were found inside?
6. Who is Hugues de Payen?
7. It was difficult for researchers to trace grandmasters prior to what year?
8. Louis de Gonzaga was duke of which region?
9. The Cathars seemed to have an excess in what area?
(c) Weapons possession.
(d) Political power.
10. What was the profession of Peter the Hermit?
11. What two groups came together to try and reclaim France?
(a) Houses of Peasants and Peons.
(b) Houses of Lorraine and Guise.
(c) Houses of Windsor and Bonaparte.
(d) Houses of Commons and Lords.
12. In what year did the building restoration begin?
13. The compiler was denied entry into the U.S. under suspicion of what activity?
(a) Terrorist leanings.
(d) Unlawful entry.
14. What was the surname of the person credited with compiling genealogies?
15. What was the character's area of special interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the youngest grandmaster on record?
2. What role did de Bouillon assume?
3. Which of the following symbols was used to represent Arcadia?
4. The compiler was actually a dealer of what types of items?
5. Which of the following was considered to be corrupt in France?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)