|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the agent described in Part 3?
2. Who cancels the film at the end of Part 6?
3. At what age does Hank claim life begins?
4. How does Hank travel to Pinchot's home?
5. Sarah wonders if ___________ read Hank's work.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the satire in "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski."
2. What do Hank and Sarah discuss with their accountant?
3. Describe Jon and Francois's home.
4. What does Hector Blackford, the director, purchase?
5. Describe where Pinchot takes Hank and Sarah in Part 2.
6. What does Hank intend to do now that his film and screenplay are over?
7. Describe Friedman's lawyer's wife.
8. Why does Jon stay with Hank and Sarah?
9. Why does Friedman again get on board to produce Hank's screenplay?
10. Why does Hank resent Francine at the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and describe how the text of "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski" shows an examination of the writing process.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the events of "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski" demonstrate a "one step forward, two steps back" type of relationship in regards to production.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Francois's counting his chickens in Part 6 foreshadows the bad omen that befalls him and Jon.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)