|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski" is a memoir of _____________.
2. Who wants to play the lead actress in Hank's film?
3. What is the popular bar named that Hank goes to at the beginning of Part 2?
4. Francois moves to __________.
5. How does Hank travel to Pinchot's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Friedman again get on board to produce Hank's screenplay?
2. Who is Francine Bowers?
3. Describe where Pinchot takes Hank and Sarah in Part 2.
4. Where does Jon go at the end of Part 4?
5. Describe Hank's contempt for the human race.
6. What does Jon say to Hank that the people making the movie were aware of?
7. What is the verbal agreement between Jon and Friedman?
8. Describe Hank.
9. Describe the satire in "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski."
10. How does Hank nearly lose work in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the motif of the contemplation on Hollywood's shallowness.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the events of "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski" demonstrate a "one step forward, two steps back" type of relationship in regards to production.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe how the events of "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski" is based on a thin layer of fiction.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)