|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hank halfheartedly agree to share the screenwriting with at the end of Part 1?
2. Who is Werner Zergog?
3. What does Hank ridicule at the beginning of Part 2?
4. What did Sarah and Hank continue doing with their accountant?
5. Who once owned the house that Hank and Sarah go look at in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jon go at the end of Part 4?
2. What do Hank and Sarah discuss with their accountant?
3. Who is Jack Bledsoe?
4. Why are Tom Pell and Mark Austin important characters?
5. How does Hank describe his apartment?
6. Why does Jon put himself through the suffering of his job?
7. How does Hank see Sarah?
8. Who is Victor Norman?
9. Who is Paul Renoir?
10. Describe Friedman's behavior at his birthday party.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the importance of the sub-theme of the appearance of importance in "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe how the events of "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski" is based on a thin layer of fiction.
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss how Friedman is the primary antagonist of "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski" and why.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)