|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person not drinking at the meeting between Jon and Austin?
2. What is Victor Norman's occupation?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a director.
(c) He is a producer.
(d) He is a novelist.
3. What does the novel contemplate or examine in Part 2?
(a) The selling process.
(b) The buying process.
(c) The writing process.
(d) The creative process.
4. What does Hank say is not a reason for his moving out of his apartment?
(a) The smell.
(b) The cats.
(c) The noise.
(d) White flight.
5. What does Hank ridicule at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) The name of a person.
(b) The name of a play.
(c) A play.
(d) An actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hank halfheartedly agree to share the screenwriting with at the end of Part 1?
2. Who is considered to be a genius French filmmaker?
3. How does Sarah feel in the bar in Part 3?
4. How does Hank travel to Pinchot's home?
5. Where does Hank return from to see that Jon has joined his table at the birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hank originally start going to the racetrack?
2. Why does Hank struggle with writing his screenplay at the end of Part 4?
3. How does Firepower acquire the money to get on board with Hank's screenplay again?
4. Describe Friedman's lawyer's wife.
5. What does Hank intend to do now that his film and screenplay are over?
6. Discuss the relevance Charles Manson has in Part 3 of "Hollywood: A Novel by Charles Bukowski."
7. How does Hank nearly lose work in Part 2?
8. What are the terms of Hank writing the screenplay?
9. What inspires Hank to begin writing the screenplay?
10. Describe Hank's contempt for the human race.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)