|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
2. For what was Flynn arrested and put on trial?
3. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
4. What was Mae Murray's former career before movie starlet?
5. What was Weismuller's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Joan Barry.
2. How did Joan Barry prepare for her movie roles?
3. Why was Charlie Chaplin such a part of scandalous headlines?
4. What scandal involved Mae West?
5. Describe the protests for the invasion of privacy.
6. What role does suicide seem to play in the film industry and Hollywood?
7. Why was the introduction of talkies significant?
8. Describe Mae Murray's life and downfall.
9. What did Joan Crawford encourage people to do?
10. Describe John Gilbert's fall.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does suicide play in early Hollywood?
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, is the amount of talent possessed by stars more or less than it was in the early years of Hollywood? Why? Give at least 3 specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Old Hollywood seems to be full of tragedy. What do you think is the reason for so much tragedy?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)