|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fatty Arbuckle's real first name?
2. Before 1913, for whom was Arbuckle an assistant?
3. Which film was inspired by Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy?
4. How old was Chaplin's first wife when they met?
5. What was the name of Olive Thomas's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
2. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
3. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
4. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
5. How did Ince get shot?
6. Describe blackmail as a theme.
7. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
8. What was the" Doom Book"?
9. Describe defiance against Hays.
10. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, is the amount of talent possessed by stars more or less than it was in the early years of Hollywood? Why? Give at least 3 specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
What role does suicide play in early Hollywood?
Essay Topic 3
What involvement did the courts have in Hollywood up to the 1950s? Why is this significant? How has this changed over time?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)