|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was often conversing with "nymphets"?
2. What did Arbuckle's first law-breaking incident involve?
3. What was Hays' biggest contribution to Hollywood?
4. Players-Lasky was a subsidiary of______________.
5. How old was Lillita when she first met Chaplin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
2. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
3. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
4. Describe Charlie Chaplin's first wife.
5. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
6. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
7. How did Ince get shot?
8. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
9. What was the" Doom Book"?
10. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Old Hollywood seems to be full of tragedy. What do you think is the reason for so much tragedy?
Essay Topic 2
Why was Olive Thomas' death significant to Hollywood's Golden Age?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the term "box office poison" used? Was this term effective in "cleaning up Hollywood"? Why or why not?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)