Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the studio where Olive Thomas was a star?
2. How much money did Griffith pay extras per day?
3. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
4. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
5. Who blackmailed Clara Bow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe blackmail as a theme.
2. What scandal revolved around Lana Turner?
3. What mystery is involved with Marilyn Monroe's death?
4. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
5. What did the term "box office poison" mean?
6. Describe the "suicide syndrome" of the 1940s.
7. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
8. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
9. What was the "Red Tide"?
10. Who was Billy Bennett?
Essay Topic 1
Murder seems to be a common theme in Old Hollywood. Some celebrities died mysteriously, like Marilyn Monroe, and others like Sharon Tate were obviously murdered. Describe this trend in Hollywood and why you think this occurs.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, is the amount of talent possessed by stars more or less than it was in the early years of Hollywood? Why? Give at least 3 specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze three different stars and their personal lives. How does each of these stars have a life that corresponds to film?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)