|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was known as "The Great Lover"?
2. Who blackmailed Clara Bow?
3. Who did Arbuckle meet in 1913 who cast him in movie roles?
4. How many names were in the Doom Book?
5. How many extras were required for Griffith's Babylon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Charlie Chaplin's first wife.
2. Describe blackmail as a theme.
3. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
4. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
5. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
6. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
7. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
8. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
9. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
10. How did Ince get shot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe "Red Tide." What were the two groups involved in the "Red Hunt"? What were the benefits and downfalls of the "Red Hunt," if any?
Essay Topic 2
What involvement did the courts have in Hollywood up to the 1950s? Why is this significant? How has this changed over time?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Hollywood's Golden Age to modern Hollywood. Consider the caliber of celebrities, how celebrities are portrayed, and how drug culture influences the film industry.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)