Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the studio where Olive Thomas was a star?
2. How much money did Griffith pay extras per day?
3. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
4. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
5. Who blackmailed Clara Bow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe blackmail as a theme.
2. What scandal revolved around Lana Turner?
3. What mystery is involved with Marilyn Monroe's death?
4. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
5. What did the term "box office poison" mean?
6. Describe the "suicide syndrome" of the 1940s.
7. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
8. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
9. What was the "Red Tide"?
10. Who was Billy Bennett?
What impact did the Astor-Thorpe scandal have on obscenity laws? Why was it such a big deal for Old Hollywood?
In your opinion, is the amount of talent possessed by stars more or less than it was in the early years of Hollywood? Why? Give at least 3 specific examples.
Compare Hollywood's Golden Age to modern Hollywood. Consider the caliber of celebrities, how celebrities are portrayed, and how drug culture influences the film industry.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)