Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blackmailed Clara Bow?
2. Who was devoted to showing film as art?
3. How many names were in the Doom Book?
4. Clara Bow had a problem with _____________.
5. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
2. What scandal involved Thelma Todd?
3. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
4. What was the "Red Tide"?
5. What is "Hollywoodammerung"?
6. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
7. How did Joan Barry prepare for her movie roles?
8. Why were stars angry about news rags?
9. What was the" Doom Book"?
10. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
How has celebrity gossip transformed over the years? How did gossip rags start, and what are they now? Which style is more demeaning for the celebrities they portray? Why?
Describe "Red Tide." What were the two groups involved in the "Red Hunt"? What were the benefits and downfalls of the "Red Hunt," if any?
Murder seems to be a common theme in Old Hollywood. Some celebrities died mysteriously, like Marilyn Monroe, and others like Sharon Tate were obviously murdered. Describe this trend in Hollywood and why you think this occurs.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)