|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was known for over the top film that directly violated Hays purity rules?
2. What was the name of Olive Thomas's husband?
3. Which reason did Olive Thomas have for killing herself?
4. How old was Chaplin's first wife when they met?
5. How many plaster elephants were ordered for the extravagant court scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scandal involved Thelma Todd?
2. Who was Bugsy Siegel?
3. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
4. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
5. What types of deaths does Kenneth Anger recount in the final chapter?
6. Describe Mae Murray's life and downfall.
7. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
8. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
9. Why were stars angry about news rags?
10. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 1
What is Charlie Chaplin's significance in film history? Describe the scandal in Chaplin's life. If he existed today, would he be able to be a star? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What involvement did the courts have in Hollywood up to the 1950s? Why is this significant? How has this changed over time?
Essay Topic 3
What role does suicide play in early Hollywood?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)