|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many husbands did Peggy have?
2. What was Olive Thomas clutching when she was found dead?
3. Who was known as "The Great Lover"?
4. Who was often referred to as "the original gold digging Ziegfeld girl"?
5. Who did Arbuckle meet in 1913 who cast him in movie roles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
2. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
3. Describe defiance against Hays.
4. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
5. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
6. Describe blackmail as a theme.
7. What was the" Doom Book"?
8. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
9. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
10. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze three different stars and their personal lives. How does each of these stars have a life that corresponds to film?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scandal revolving around Lana Turner and Johnny Valentine. Why did Valentine die? Was his death justifiable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why was Olive Thomas' death significant to Hollywood's Golden Age?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)