|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes both of Valentino's wives?
2. Who raped Virginia Rappe?
3. What was Mary Mills' profession?
4. How long did Chaplin's and Mildred's son live?
5. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
2. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
3. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
4. How did Ince get shot?
5. Describe defiance against Hays.
6. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
7. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
8. Describe blackmail as a theme.
9. What was the" Doom Book"?
10. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Old Hollywood seems to be full of tragedy. What do you think is the reason for so much tragedy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scandal revolving around Lana Turner and Johnny Valentine. Why did Valentine die? Was his death justifiable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is Charlie Chaplin's significance in film history? Describe the scandal in Chaplin's life. If he existed today, would he be able to be a star? Why or why not?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)