|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fatty Arbuckle's real first name?
2. How old was Lillita when she first met Chaplin?
3. How many husbands did Peggy have?
4. Which of the following describes both of Valentino's wives?
5. Who was dubbed "King of Paramount"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
2. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
3. How did Ince get shot?
4. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
5. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
6. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
7. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
8. What was the" Doom Book"?
9. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
10. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Charlie Chaplin's significance in film history? Describe the scandal in Chaplin's life. If he existed today, would he be able to be a star? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Murder seems to be a common theme in Old Hollywood. Some celebrities died mysteriously, like Marilyn Monroe, and others like Sharon Tate were obviously murdered. Describe this trend in Hollywood and why you think this occurs.
Essay Topic 3
Why was Olive Thomas' death significant to Hollywood's Golden Age?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)