|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mary Mills' profession?
2. What was Olive Thomas clutching when she was found dead?
3. How many witnesses were there at Hearst's trial?
4. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
5. What was Lillita's original last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
2. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
3. What role does suicide seem to play in the film industry and Hollywood?
4. How did Joan Barry prepare for her movie roles?
5. Describe Mae Murray's life and downfall.
6. Who was Billy Bennett?
7. Describe John Gilbert's fall.
8. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Joan Barry.
9. What scandal involved Thelma Todd?
10. What did Joan Crawford encourage people to do?
Essay Topic 1
What role does suicide play in early Hollywood?
Essay Topic 2
Describe "Red Tide." What were the two groups involved in the "Red Hunt"? What were the benefits and downfalls of the "Red Hunt," if any?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scandal revolving around Lana Turner and Johnny Valentine. Why did Valentine die? Was his death justifiable? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)