|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man who tried to sabotage Chaplin's first marriage?
2. What was Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy's last name?
3. Who was dubbed the "Hottest Jazz Baby in Films"?
4. Who blackmailed Clara Bow?
5. How many husbands did Peggy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
2. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
3. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
4. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
5. Describe defiance against Hays.
6. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
7. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
8. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
9. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
10. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does suicide play in early Hollywood?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze three different stars and their personal lives. How does each of these stars have a life that corresponds to film?
Essay Topic 3
What was the difference between talkies and silent films during the Jazz Era? What did talkies encourage? What disappeared with silent films? Why?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)