|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to conjecture, who killed Thelma Todd?
2. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
(a) Difficult and obscene.
(b) Moral and delusional.
(c) Fake and gimmicky.
(d) Pious and righteous.
3. How many abortions did Joan Barry undergo while preparing for a new role?
4. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
(a) Fatty Arbuckle.
(b) George Kauffman.
(c) Franklyn Thorpe.
(d) Fred Astaire.
5. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
(a) "Day After Day."
(b) "Midnight After Noon."
(c) "Night After Night."
(d) "Morning After Morning."
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
2. Who kept a tell-all journal for herself?
3. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
4. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
5. How was Chaplin proven innocent of paternity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Hopper so critical of Charlie Chaplin?
2. What transitions did the Jazz Age include?
3. What did Joan Crawford encourage people to do?
4. Describe Francis Farmer.
5. Describe Mae Murray's life and downfall.
6. Why and how were many politicians against the movie industry?
7. Describe the "preservation for American ideals."
8. Who was Lupe Velez?
9. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Joan Barry.
10. Describe the protests for the invasion of privacy.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)