|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era is depicted in "Saturn Over Sunset"?
(a) Golden age.
(b) Musical Age.
(c) Silver Age.
(d) Jazz Age.
2. The district attorney of which city overturned Flynn's case dismissal?
(a) Long Beach.
(b) New York.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. What eventually happened to Frances Farmer?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She killed a police officer.
(c) Her mother committed her.
(d) She was killed.
4. What put Frances Farmer in jail?
(a) Her intolerable cruelty.
(b) Her ignorance of the law.
(c) Her hatred for authority.
(d) Her anger at her father.
5. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) Rudolph Valentino.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) John Gilbert.
(d) Marion Davies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mae Murray's former career before movie starlet?
2. In what year was Thelma Todd found dead?
3. Which actress was branded as being difficult?
4. According to conjecture, who killed Thelma Todd?
5. At one time, how much money did Adolph Zukor have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transitions did the Jazz Age include?
2. Describe Francis Farmer.
3. What was the Astor-Thorpe scandal?
4. Describe the protests for the invasion of privacy.
5. Who was Lupe Velez?
6. Who was Bugsy Siegel?
7. Why and how were many politicians against the movie industry?
8. What role did rumors about sex and specifically homosexuality play in the world of Hollywood gossip?
9. Why was the introduction of talkies significant?
10. What did the term "box office poison" mean?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)