|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Weismuller's first name?
2. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) Marion Davies.
(b) Rudolph Valentino.
(c) John Gilbert.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
3. What did Flynn claim his involvement was in his case?
(a) He didn't know anything about it.
(b) He did rape the girls but had paid them to cover it up.
(c) He had been drugged and couldn't remember if he had done it or not.
(d) He knew the accusers but only briefly.
4. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
(a) It was locked in a box.
(b) The author was imprisoned.
(c) It was shredded.
(d) It was burned.
5. Who was Thelma Todd's lover?
(a) Rufus Wainright.
(b) Reginald Warrington.
(c) Ren Weatherford.
(d) Roland West.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
2. What casino did Siegel help create?
3. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
4. How old was Lupe when she killed herself?
5. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Bugsy Siegel?
2. Why was Hopper so critical of Charlie Chaplin?
3. Who was Lupe Velez?
4. Describe Francis Farmer.
5. What scandal involved Thelma Todd?
6. Describe the protests for the invasion of privacy.
7. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Joan Barry.
8. How did the religious right react to the film industry, specifically the way different stars behaved?
9. What did Joan Crawford encourage people to do?
10. Describe John Gilbert's fall.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)