|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Chaplin proven innocent of paternity?
(a) Blood test.
(b) Another man came forward.
(c) Lie-detector test.
(d) Rape kit.
2. In what year did Joan Barry hit Hollywood?
3. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
4. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
5. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Bugsy Siegel?
2. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
3. What was Barry's starting salary per week?
4. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
5. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Hopper so critical of Charlie Chaplin?
2. What was the Astor-Thorpe scandal?
3. Describe the protests for the invasion of privacy.
4. What role does suicide seem to play in the film industry and Hollywood?
5. Who was Bugsy Siegel?
6. What scandal involved Thelma Todd?
7. What role did rumors about sex and specifically homosexuality play in the world of Hollywood gossip?
8. What did Joan Crawford encourage people to do?
9. Why and how were many politicians against the movie industry?
10. What did the term "box office poison" mean?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)