|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Bugsy Siegel?
(a) Game show host.
2. At one time, how much money did Adolph Zukor have?
(a) $40 million.
(b) $2 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $5 billion.
3. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
4. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
5. What was Chaplin accused of?
(a) Firing Barry after he sexually harassed her.
(b) Raping Barry.
(c) Shooting Barry.
(d) Fathering Barry's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Thelma Todd's lover?
2. Besides Mae West, who else was dubbed unwholesome?
3. In what year did Joan Barry hit Hollywood?
4. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
5. What did critics see as the beginning of Hopper's end?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Francis Farmer.
2. Why was Charlie Chaplin such a part of scandalous headlines?
3. Why was Hopper so critical of Charlie Chaplin?
4. How did the religious right react to the film industry, specifically the way different stars behaved?
5. Describe the protests for the invasion of privacy.
6. What transitions did the Jazz Age include?
7. What did Joan Crawford encourage people to do?
8. Describe the "preservation for American ideals."
9. Why was the introduction of talkies significant?
10. What role does suicide seem to play in the film industry and Hollywood?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)