|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
(a) Charlie Chaplin met Lita Grey.
(b) Fatty Arbuckle raped and killed a woman.
(c) Astor-Thorpe scandal.
(d) Mae West died.
2. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
(a) It was locked in a box.
(b) The author was imprisoned.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was shredded.
3. Which of the following describes Bugsy Siegel?
(a) Game show host.
4. What drugs did Siegel push?
(c) Prescription medicine.
5. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mae Murray's former career before movie starlet?
2. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
3. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
4. How many abortions did Joan Barry undergo while preparing for a new role?
5. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how were many politicians against the movie industry?
2. Describe the "suicide syndrome" of the 1940s.
3. What did Joan Crawford encourage people to do?
4. What role does suicide seem to play in the film industry and Hollywood?
5. Describe the protests for the invasion of privacy.
6. Who was Bugsy Siegel?
7. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Joan Barry.
8. What role did rumors about sex and specifically homosexuality play in the world of Hollywood gossip?
9. Describe Mae Murray's life and downfall.
10. What transitions did the Jazz Age include?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)