|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
(a) Moral and delusional.
(b) Pious and righteous.
(c) Fake and gimmicky.
(d) Difficult and obscene.
2. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
(a) Errol Flynn.
(b) Lolly Parsons.
(c) Joan Barry.
(d) Hedda Hopper.
3. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
(a) Gunshot wound.
4. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
(a) "Night After Night."
(b) "Midnight After Noon."
(c) "Day After Day."
(d) "Morning After Morning."
5. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Thelma Todd's lover?
2. Where was Thelma Todd found dead?
3. What drugs did Siegel push?
4. In what year was Thelma Todd found dead?
5. What nationality was Lupe Velez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transitions did the Jazz Age include?
2. What did the term "box office poison" mean?
3. What scandal involved Thelma Todd?
4. What did Joan Crawford encourage people to do?
5. What role does suicide seem to play in the film industry and Hollywood?
6. What scandal involved Mae West?
7. Who was Lupe Velez?
8. Describe Francis Farmer.
9. What role did rumors about sex and specifically homosexuality play in the world of Hollywood gossip?
10. What was the "Red Tide"?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)