|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Chaplin proven innocent of paternity?
(a) Rape kit.
(b) Another man came forward.
(c) Lie-detector test.
(d) Blood test.
2. What era is depicted in "Saturn Over Sunset"?
(a) Jazz Age.
(b) Silver Age.
(c) Golden age.
(d) Musical Age.
3. Which of the following describes Lupe's condition when she died?
4. Who kept a tell-all journal for herself?
(a) Mae West.
(b) Mary Pickford.
(c) Mary Astor.
(d) Katharine Hepburn.
5. In what year was Thelma Todd found dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was Lupe Velez?
2. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
3. What did critics see as the beginning of Hopper's end?
4. How many abortions did Joan Barry undergo while preparing for a new role?
5. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the "Red Tide"?
2. Who was Bugsy Siegel?
3. How did Joan Barry prepare for her movie roles?
4. What role does suicide seem to play in the film industry and Hollywood?
5. What scandal involved Mae West?
6. Describe the "preservation for American ideals."
7. What transitions did the Jazz Age include?
8. How did the religious right react to the film industry, specifically the way different stars behaved?
9. Describe the "suicide syndrome" of the 1940s.
10. Describe Mae Murray's life and downfall.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)