Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the studio where Olive Thomas was a star?
(a) Skurnick Pictures.
(b) Selznick Pictures.
(c) Seltzner Pictures.
(d) Skipgrove Pictures.
2. How much money did Griffith pay extras per day?
3. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
(a) Carissa Sutten.
(b) Christine Sheraton.
(c) Caylee Shemp.
(d) Charlotte Shelby.
4. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
5. Who blackmailed Clara Bow?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lillita when she first met Chaplin?
2. At what age did Arbuckle die?
3. What was the name of one of the scandalous headline writers?
4. Before 1913, for whom was Arbuckle an assistant?
5. Who raped Virginia Rappe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe blackmail as a theme.
2. What scandal revolved around Lana Turner?
3. What mystery is involved with Marilyn Monroe's death?
4. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
5. What did the term "box office poison" mean?
6. Describe the "suicide syndrome" of the 1940s.
7. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
8. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
9. What was the "Red Tide"?
10. Who was Billy Bennett?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)