|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hays' biggest contribution to Hollywood?
(a) Bad Book.
(b) Dark Book.
(c) Gloom Book.
(d) Doom Book.
2. Who raped Virginia Rappe?
3. What was the name of the man who tried to sabotage Chaplin's first marriage?
(a) Larry Mortin.
(b) Lance Maximus.
(c) Luke Manson.
(d) Louis Mayer.
4. Who was often conversing with "nymphets"?
5. Who blackmailed Clara Bow?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) Her secretary.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was referred to as "joy powder"?
2. Which film was inspired by Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy?
3. Where was Virginia Rappe from?
4. What were the elephants supposed to tower over?
5. Before 1913, for whom was Arbuckle an assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe blackmail as a theme.
2. Describe the "preservation for American ideals."
3. What scandal revolved around Lana Turner?
4. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
5. Why was Hopper so critical of Charlie Chaplin?
6. Describe the "Confidential" as a news rag.
7. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
8. What role does suicide seem to play in the film industry and Hollywood?
9. Describe Mae Murray's life and downfall.
10. Why were stars angry about news rags?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)