|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is referred to as the "movie director as God"?
(a) James Cameron.
(b) DW Griffith.
(c) Steven Spielberg.
2. How old was Barbara La Marr when she died?
3. Before 1913, for whom was Arbuckle an assistant?
(d) Chimney sweeper.
4. What were the elephants supposed to tower over?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Studio City.
(c) Illusion City.
(d) Motion City.
5. In the early film industry, what inspired a manic film style?
(a) Women's rights movement.
(c) Modern art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the studio where Olive Thomas was a star?
2. Clara Bow had a problem with _____________.
3. What was referred to as "joy powder"?
4. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
5. How long did Chaplin's and Mildred's son live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
2. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
3. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
4. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
5. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
6. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
7. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
8. Describe Charlie Chaplin's first wife.
9. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
10. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)