|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Clara Bow pay after having an affair?
(a) $500 thousand.
(b) $30 thousand.
(c) $10 thousand.
(d) $1 million.
2. Who was known for over the top film that directly violated Hays purity rules?
3. What was Lillita's original last name?
4. What was Charlie Chaplin's middle name?
5. At what age did Arbuckle die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might best be described as not looking for trouble, but trouble finding him?
2. In the early film industry, what inspired a manic film style?
3. When did Griffith's extravagant court come together?
4. "The Purple Dawn" begins with the creation of the set for which feast?
5. Who was Chaplin's first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Charlie Chaplin's first wife.
2. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
3. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
4. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
5. Describe defiance against Hays.
6. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
7. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
8. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
9. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
10. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)