|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many extras were required for Griffith's Babylon?
2. How many names were in the Doom Book?
3. What did Lillita change her name to?
(a) Lita Brown.
(b) Lita Grey.
(c) Lita Red.
(d) Lita Black.
4. Who was dubbed "King of Paramount"?
(a) Wallace Reid.
(b) Fatty Arbuckle.
(c) Will Hays.
(d) DW Griffith.
5. "The Purple Dawn" begins with the creation of the set for which feast?
(a) Brazzendale's feast.
(b) Bathsehba's feast.
(c) Belshazzar's feast.
(d) Barendale's feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before 1913, for whom was Arbuckle an assistant?
2. Who was known for over the top film that directly violated Hays purity rules?
3. What did Arbuckle's first law-breaking incident involve?
4. How old was Lillita when she first met Chaplin?
5. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
2. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
3. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
4. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
5. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
6. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
7. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
8. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
9. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
10. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)