|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hearst was possessive of ______________.
2. Who was the man meant to "clean up" Hollywood?
(a) DW Griffith.
(b) Mary Mills.
(c) William Desmond Taylor.
(d) Will Hays.
3. What caused Valentino's death?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Ruptured appendix.
4. What was the official cause of death for Ince?
(a) Acute indigestion.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Head injury.
5. What was Hays' biggest contribution to Hollywood?
(a) Gloom Book.
(b) Bad Book.
(c) Doom Book.
(d) Dark Book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many husbands did Peggy have?
2. Where was Virginia Rappe from?
3. Who was dubbed "King of Paramount"?
4. How old was Barbara La Marr when she died?
5. Who was devoted to showing film as art?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
2. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
3. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
4. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
5. Describe defiance against Hays.
6. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
7. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
8. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
9. Describe Charlie Chaplin's first wife.
10. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)