|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the elephants ordered for the extravagant scene by Griffith?
2. What caused Valentino's death?
(a) Ruptured appendix.
(b) Gunshot wound.
3. Where was Virginia Rappe from?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
4. Before 1913, for whom was Arbuckle an assistant?
(a) Chimney sweeper.
5. What was Chaplin's nationality?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of his second divorce, how much was Chaplin worth?
2. Who was known as "The Great Lover"?
3. What was the name of Olive Thomas's husband?
4. Who might best be described as not looking for trouble, but trouble finding him?
5. How long did Chaplin's and Mildred's son live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
2. Describe Charlie Chaplin's first wife.
3. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
4. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
5. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
6. Describe blackmail as a theme.
7. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
8. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
9. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
10. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)