|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clara Bow had a problem with _____________.
2. Who was often conversing with "nymphets"?
3. Who did Arbuckle meet in 1913 who cast him in movie roles?
4. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
(a) Christine Sheraton.
(b) Caylee Shemp.
(c) Charlotte Shelby.
(d) Carissa Sutten.
5. How many husbands did Peggy have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
2. What was referred to as "joy powder"?
3. Which film was inspired by Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy?
4. What were the elephants supposed to tower over?
5. What did Lillita change her name to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
2. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
3. How did Ince get shot?
4. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
5. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
6. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
7. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
8. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
9. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
10. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)