|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arbuckle and Rappe meet?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
2. How many husbands did Peggy have?
3. How old was Olive Thomas when she killed herself?
4. "The Purple Dawn" begins with the creation of the set for which feast?
(a) Brazzendale's feast.
(b) Bathsehba's feast.
(c) Belshazzar's feast.
(d) Barendale's feast.
5. How many extras were required for Griffith's Babylon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lillita change her name to?
2. What was Olive Thomas clutching when she was found dead?
3. Who raped Virginia Rappe?
4. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
5. Whom was the party held for that was given by Hearst and attended by Chaplin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the "suicide syndrome" of the 1940s.
2. What role did rumors about sex and specifically homosexuality play in the world of Hollywood gossip?
3. Describe blackmail as a theme.
4. What scandal revolved around Lana Turner?
5. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
6. Describe the "Confidential" as a news rag.
7. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
8. Describe the Trial of a Hundred Stars.
9. How did Joan Barry prepare for her movie roles?
10. How have news rags progressed over time?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)