|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
2. Who was often referred to as "the original gold digging Ziegfeld girl"?
3. Which reason did Olive Thomas have for killing herself?
(a) She did not get a major movie role.
(b) She found out that she had a liver ailment.
(c) She was discovered having an affair with the producer of a studio.
(d) She failed to score a large amount of heroin for her husband.
4. At the time of his second divorce, how much was Chaplin worth?
(a) $1 billion.
(b) $5 million.
(c) $12 million.
(d) $16 million.
5. What did Arbuckle's first law-breaking incident involve?
(a) Drunk driving.
(b) Buying drugs.
(c) Selling drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Arbuckle and Rappe meet?
2. Before 1913, for whom was Arbuckle an assistant?
3. How old was Chaplin's first wife when they met?
4. Hearst was possessive of ______________.
5. Where was Virginia Rappe from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
2. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
3. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
4. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
5. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
6. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
7. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
8. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
9. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
10. Describe blackmail as a theme.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)