|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man who tried to sabotage Chaplin's first marriage?
(a) Larry Mortin.
(b) Lance Maximus.
(c) Louis Mayer.
(d) Luke Manson.
2. What was Mary Mills' profession?
3. Who did Hearst shoot in the head?
4. Who is referred to as the "movie director as God"?
(a) DW Griffith.
(c) James Cameron.
(d) Steven Spielberg.
5. Who raped Virginia Rappe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was known for over the top film that directly violated Hays purity rules?
2. What caused Valentino's death?
3. What did Lillita change her name to?
4. Where was Virginia Rappe from?
5. Which film was inspired by Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
2. Describe defiance against Hays.
3. What was the" Doom Book"?
4. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
5. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
6. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
7. Describe blackmail as a theme.
8. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
9. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
10. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)