|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the man meant to "clean up" Hollywood?
(a) William Desmond Taylor.
(b) DW Griffith.
(c) Mary Mills.
(d) Will Hays.
2. Who did Hearst shoot in the head?
3. How many husbands did Peggy have?
4. "The Purple Dawn" begins with the creation of the set for which feast?
(a) Bathsehba's feast.
(b) Belshazzar's feast.
(c) Barendale's feast.
(d) Brazzendale's feast.
5. In the early film industry, what inspired a manic film style?
(a) Modern art.
(c) Women's rights movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was the party held for that was given by Hearst and attended by Chaplin?
2. What was the name of the studio where Olive Thomas was a star?
3. Which reason did Olive Thomas have for killing herself?
4. What was Charlie Chaplin's middle name?
5. Before 1913, for whom was Arbuckle an assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
2. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
3. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
4. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
5. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
6. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
7. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
8. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
9. Describe blackmail as a theme.
10. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)