|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man who tried to sabotage Chaplin's first marriage?
(a) Larry Mortin.
(b) Louis Mayer.
(c) Luke Manson.
(d) Lance Maximus.
2. How much money did Griffith pay extras per day?
3. At what age did Arbuckle die?
4. How many plaster elephants were ordered for the extravagant court scene?
5. When did Griffith's extravagant court come together?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which film was inspired by Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy?
2. Where was Virginia Rappe from?
3. Players-Lasky was a subsidiary of______________.
4. Where was Olive Thomas found dead?
5. Who was the man meant to "clean up" Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe blackmail as a theme.
2. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
3. What was the" Doom Book"?
4. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
5. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
6. Describe defiance against Hays.
7. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
8. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
9. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
10. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)