|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Barbara La Marr when she died?
2. Who was Chaplin's first wife?
(a) Melanie Hopkins.
(b) Mercy Horace.
(c) Mildred Harris.
(d) Mary Hanson.
3. Who did Hearst shoot in the head?
4. Where was Olive Thomas found dead?
(c) New York.
5. When did Griffith's extravagant court come together?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many witnesses were there at Hearst's trial?
2. Who was known for over the top film that directly violated Hays purity rules?
3. What was Olive Thomas clutching when she was found dead?
4. What was the nickname of the main drug dealer in Hollywood in "Heroin Heroines"?
5. What was the name of the studio where Olive Thomas was a star?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
2. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
3. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
4. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
5. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
6. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
7. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
8. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
9. Describe blackmail as a theme.
10. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)