|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the elephants ordered for the extravagant scene by Griffith?
2. What was Fatty Arbuckle's real first name?
3. How many husbands did Peggy have?
4. What was Olive Thomas clutching when she was found dead?
(a) Mercury granules.
5. How many plaster elephants were ordered for the extravagant court scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Clara Bow have to pay a large sum of money after an affair?
2. What was the name of Olive Thomas's husband?
3. Where was Olive Thomas found dead?
4. How much money did Griffith pay extras per day?
5. How old was Chaplin's first wife when they met?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ince get shot?
2. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
3. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
4. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
5. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
6. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
7. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
8. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
9. Describe Charlie Chaplin's first wife.
10. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)