|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Olive Thomas's husband?
(a) Jamie Pidgington.
(b) Jason Payton.
(c) Jack Pickford.
(d) Jared Plant.
2. "The Purple Dawn" begins with the creation of the set for which feast?
(a) Belshazzar's feast.
(b) Barendale's feast.
(c) Bathsehba's feast.
(d) Brazzendale's feast.
3. At what age did Arbuckle die?
4. Who did Arbuckle meet in 1913 who cast him in movie roles?
5. Who did Hearst shoot in the head?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to as the "movie director as God"?
2. How many plaster elephants were ordered for the extravagant court scene?
3. Who raped Virginia Rappe?
4. What nickname was used in reference to Hays?
5. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
2. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
3. How did Ince get shot?
4. Describe defiance against Hays.
5. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
6. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
7. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
8. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
9. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
10. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)