|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Chaplin's and Mildred's son live?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
2. To whom did Clara Bow have to pay a large sum of money after an affair?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her secretary.
(d) Her doctor's ex-wife.
3. In the early film industry, what inspired a manic film style?
(c) Women's rights movement.
(d) Modern art.
4. Who was dubbed the "Hottest Jazz Baby in Films"?
(a) Marion Davies.
(b) Clara Bow.
(c) Peggy Hopkins.
(d) Lita Grey.
5. How old was Barbara La Marr when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arbuckle and Rappe meet?
2. What were the elephants supposed to tower over?
3. In what year did Arbuckle and Rappe meet?
4. Who was known for over the top film that directly violated Hays purity rules?
5. Who raped Virginia Rappe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
2. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
3. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
4. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
5. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
6. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
7. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
8. Describe blackmail as a theme.
9. What was the" Doom Book"?
10. How did Ince get shot?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)