|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Chaplin's and Mildred's son live?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 1 day.
2. How old was Barbara La Marr when she died?
3. What was Olive Thomas clutching when she was found dead?
(b) Mercury granules.
4. What was Charlie Chaplin's middle name?
5. What was Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Chaplin's first wife?
2. Who blackmailed Clara Bow?
3. How much money did Clara Bow pay after having an affair?
4. In the early film industry, what inspired a manic film style?
5. Who was often referred to as "the original gold digging Ziegfeld girl"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the" Doom Book"?
2. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
3. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
4. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
5. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
6. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
7. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
8. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
9. Describe defiance against Hays.
10. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)