|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Fatty Arbuckle's real first name?
2. What was Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy's last name?
3. Who was dubbed the "Hottest Jazz Baby in Films"?
(a) Marion Davies.
(b) Clara Bow.
(c) Lita Grey.
(d) Peggy Hopkins.
4. In what year did Lillita and Chaplin meet?
5. Who was known for over the top film that directly violated Hays purity rules?
Short Answer Questions
1. Clara Bow had a problem with _____________.
2. Hearst was possessive of ______________.
3. What nickname was used in reference to Hays?
4. How many husbands did Peggy have?
5. What was Mary Mills' profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
2. How did Ince get shot?
3. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
4. What was the purpose of Griffith's elephants?
5. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
6. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
7. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
8. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
9. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
10. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)