|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charlie Chaplin's middle name?
2. How many extras were required for Griffith's Babylon?
3. Where did Arbuckle and Rappe meet?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
4. Which reason did Olive Thomas have for killing herself?
(a) She did not get a major movie role.
(b) She found out that she had a liver ailment.
(c) She was discovered having an affair with the producer of a studio.
(d) She failed to score a large amount of heroin for her husband.
5. What was the nickname of the main drug dealer in Hollywood in "Heroin Heroines"?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the second scandalous headline writer?
2. What was Fatty Arbuckle's real first name?
3. What was Hays' biggest contribution to Hollywood?
4. When did Griffith's extravagant court come together?
5. What was Mary Mills' profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
2. How did Ince get shot?
3. Describe Stroheim's defiance directed toward Hays.
4. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
5. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
6. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
7. Describe Rudolph Valentino's love life.
8. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
9. Describe blackmail as a theme.
10. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)