|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which film was inspired by Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy?
(a) "A Woman of Los Angeles."
(b) "A Woman of London."
(c) "A Woman of Madrid."
(d) "A Woman of Paris."
2. Players-Lasky was a subsidiary of______________.
(d) Warner Bros.
3. What color were the elephants ordered for the extravagant scene by Griffith?
4. How many witnesses were there at Hearst's trial?
5. What was the name of one of the scandalous headline writers?
(a) Heidi Hellis.
(b) Hilda Highness.
(c) Hanny Harper.
(d) Hedda Hopper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many husbands did Peggy have?
2. Before 1913, for whom was Arbuckle an assistant?
3. What was the name of the studio where Olive Thomas was a star?
4. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
5. Where did Arbuckle and Rappe meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
2. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
3. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
4. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
5. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
6. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
7. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
8. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
9. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
10. Describe defiance against Hays.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)