|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early film industry, what inspired a manic film style?
(a) Women's rights movement.
(b) Modern art.
2. Which reason did Olive Thomas have for killing herself?
(a) She did not get a major movie role.
(b) She found out that she had a liver ailment.
(c) She was discovered having an affair with the producer of a studio.
(d) She failed to score a large amount of heroin for her husband.
3. What was referred to as "joy powder"?
(d) The film industry.
4. "The Purple Dawn" begins with the creation of the set for which feast?
(a) Barendale's feast.
(b) Bathsehba's feast.
(c) Belshazzar's feast.
(d) Brazzendale's feast.
5. What was Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Lillita and Chaplin meet?
2. How many plaster elephants were ordered for the extravagant court scene?
3. When did Griffith's extravagant court come together?
4. What was the name of the man who tried to sabotage Chaplin's first marriage?
5. Where was Virginia Rappe from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
2. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
3. Describe blackmail as a theme.
4. How did Arbuckle begin getting into trouble?
5. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
6. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
7. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
8. Was scandal more prominent in the Golden Age of Hollywood or in modern Hollywood? Why do you think so?
9. Who were Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons?
10. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)