|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Arbuckle die?
2. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
3. What was the official cause of death for Ince?
(b) Acute indigestion.
(c) Head injury.
(d) Gunshot wound.
4. Where did Arbuckle and Rappe meet?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. How much money did Clara Bow pay after having an affair?
(a) $500 thousand.
(b) $1 million.
(c) $30 thousand.
(d) $10 thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the elephants supposed to tower over?
2. What was Charlie Chaplin's middle name?
3. What did Arbuckle's first law-breaking incident involve?
4. Who blackmailed Clara Bow?
5. How old was Lita when she announced her pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
2. Why wasn't there any evidence relating to William Desmond Taylor's death?
3. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
4. What was considered the first big scandal in Hollywood?
5. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
6. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
7. How did Ince get shot?
8. How did Arbuckle get his start in movie roles?
9. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
10. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)