|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mary Mills' mother?
(a) Caylee Shemp.
(b) Charlotte Shelby.
(c) Carissa Sutten.
(d) Christine Sheraton.
2. What color were the elephants ordered for the extravagant scene by Griffith?
3. What was Lillita's mother's occupation?
4. Who was dubbed the "Hottest Jazz Baby in Films"?
(a) Peggy Hopkins.
(b) Lita Grey.
(c) Clara Bow.
(d) Marion Davies.
5. What was the name of the man who tried to sabotage Chaplin's first marriage?
(a) Lance Maximus.
(b) Larry Mortin.
(c) Louis Mayer.
(d) Luke Manson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of the main drug dealer in Hollywood in "Heroin Heroines"?
2. In the early film industry, what inspired a manic film style?
3. Who was known as "The Great Lover"?
4. Who was known for over the top film that directly violated Hays purity rules?
5. Who did Arbuckle meet in 1913 who cast him in movie roles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Robert Mitchum's career after he was in jail.
2. What transitions did the Jazz Age include?
3. What role does suicide seem to play in the film industry and Hollywood?
4. What was the" Doom Book"?
5. Describe Charlie Chaplin's relationship with Lillita McMurray.
6. Describe the "preservation for American ideals."
7. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
8. What was the Astor-Thorpe scandal?
9. How did Griffith's "Babylon" break Hollywood standards?
10. Who was Lupe Velez?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)