|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who might best be described as not looking for trouble, but trouble finding him?
2. Who found William Desmond Taylor's body?
(a) Mary Mills.
(b) His boss.
(c) His servant.
(d) Fatty Arbuckle.
3. What caused Valentino's death?
(b) Ruptured appendix.
(c) Gunshot wound.
4. What was the name of the second scandalous headline writer?
(a) Lara Pearl.
(b) Lucy Payton.
(c) Louella Parsons.
(d) Linsay Peppers.
5. "The Purple Dawn" begins with the creation of the set for which feast?
(a) Bathsehba's feast.
(b) Brazzendale's feast.
(c) Belshazzar's feast.
(d) Barendale's feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy's last name?
2. Who was devoted to showing film as art?
3. Which film was inspired by Chaplin's girlfriend Peggy?
4. Where was Virginia Rappe from?
5. What did Arbuckle's first law-breaking incident involve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how was Charlie Chaplin almost ruined?
2. What objections did Hays face with the new world of gossip?
3. Describe Charlie Chaplin's first wife.
4. What scandal surrounded Clara Bow?
5. Describe the film industry during Griffith's time.
6. Was it possible to clean up Hollywood? Why or why not?
7. What convinced some that it was necessary to clean up Hollywood?
8. Who was Peggy Hopkins Joyce?
9. Describe defiance against Hays.
10. What type of movie style did drug use influence? What movie made this style famous?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)