|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was William fox cast out of his own company?
2. What did critics see as the beginning of Hopper's end?
(a) Criticizing Chaplin at every turn.
(b) Refraining from using Chaplin's name.
(c) Stalking Chaplin.
(d) Ignoring the not-guilty verdict by the judge.
3. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Stars.
(b) Lucky Charms.
(c) Lucky Babes.
(d) Lucky Talkers.
4. Besides Los Angeles and Chicago, to what other city was Bugsy Siegel connected?
(c) Las Vegas.
5. How many abortions did Joan Barry undergo while preparing for a new role?
6. The district attorney of which city overturned Flynn's case dismissal?
(a) Long Beach.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) New York.
7. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) Marion Davies.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) John Gilbert.
(d) Rudolph Valentino.
8. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
(a) Charlie Chaplin met Lita Grey.
(b) Mae West died.
(c) Astor-Thorpe scandal.
(d) Fatty Arbuckle raped and killed a woman.
9. What is the title called in reference to Thelma Todd?
(a) "Death Garage."
(b) "Death Swamp."
(c) "Death End."
(d) "Death Trap."
10. At one time, how much money did Adolph Zukor have?
(a) $40 million.
(b) $2 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $5 billion.
11. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
12. In what year was Thelma Todd found dead?
13. Where was Thelma Todd found dead?
14. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
(a) Late 1920s
(b) Early 1920s.
(c) Late 1910s.
(d) Early 1930s.
15. What casino did Siegel help create?
(a) Caesar's Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Thelma Todd's lover?
2. When did the "Suicide Syndrome" occur?
3. Which of the following describes Bugsy Siegel?
4. What was Chaplin accused of?
5. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)