|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
(a) "Day After Day."
(b) "Midnight After Noon."
(c) "Morning After Morning."
(d) "Night After Night."
2. Which male was branded as being difficult?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) William Hearst.
(c) Fred Astaire.
(d) Franklyn Thorpe.
3. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) John Gilbert.
(b) Marion Davies.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Rudolph Valentino.
4. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Talkers.
(b) Lucky Charms.
(c) Lucky Stars.
(d) Lucky Babes.
5. What was Chaplin accused of?
(a) Shooting Barry.
(b) Fathering Barry's child.
(c) Firing Barry after he sexually harassed her.
(d) Raping Barry.
6. How old was Lupe when she killed herself?
7. Besides Los Angeles and Chicago, to what other city was Bugsy Siegel connected?
(d) Las Vegas.
8. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
9. What did the court order Chaplin to do about Joan Barry?
(a) To fire her.
(b) To support her and her child.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To keep her on the job despite her pregnancy.
10. How was Chaplin proven innocent of paternity?
(a) Lie-detector test.
(b) Another man came forward.
(c) Rape kit.
(d) Blood test.
11. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
(a) Moral and delusional.
(b) Fake and gimmicky.
(c) Difficult and obscene.
(d) Pious and righteous.
12. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
(a) Charlie Chaplin met Lita Grey.
(b) Mae West died.
(c) Astor-Thorpe scandal.
(d) Fatty Arbuckle raped and killed a woman.
13. Gilbert's first talkie was referred to as ___________.
14. Where was Thelma Todd found dead?
15. What did Flynn claim his involvement was in his case?
(a) He knew the accusers but only briefly.
(b) He didn't know anything about it.
(c) He did rape the girls but had paid them to cover it up.
(d) He had been drugged and couldn't remember if he had done it or not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mae West first become famous?
2. When was William fox cast out of his own company?
3. What nationality was Lupe Velez?
4. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
5. Which of the following describes Lupe's condition when she died?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)