|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
(a) Fatty Arbuckle.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) Franklyn Thorpe.
(d) George Kauffman.
2. How many abortions did Joan Barry undergo while preparing for a new role?
3. What did Barry threaten Chaplin with?
(b) A gun.
(c) A court case.
(d) A knife.
4. In what year was Thelma Todd found dead?
5. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
6. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
7. In what year did Joan Barry hit Hollywood?
8. What did the court order Chaplin to do about Joan Barry?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To fire her.
(c) To support her and her child.
(d) To keep her on the job despite her pregnancy.
9. How did Siegel die?
(b) Suicide by drug overdose.
(c) Stab wound.
(d) Gunshot wound.
10. What was Frances Farmer dubbed?
(a) The Next West.
(b) The Next Davies.
(c) The Next Rogers.
(d) The Next Garbo.
11. What era is depicted in "Saturn Over Sunset"?
(a) Musical Age.
(b) Silver Age.
(c) Golden age.
(d) Jazz Age.
12. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
(a) Late 1920s
(b) Late 1910s.
(c) Early 1930s.
(d) Early 1920s.
13. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
(a) "Morning After Morning."
(b) "Night After Night."
(c) "Midnight After Noon."
(d) "Day After Day."
14. Who kept a tell-all journal for herself?
(a) Katharine Hepburn.
(b) Mary Astor.
(c) Mary Pickford.
(d) Mae West.
15. What was Barry's starting salary per week?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Enditalls" refer to?
2. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
3. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
4. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
5. What was Mae Murray's husband's name?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)