|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Talkers.
(b) Lucky Stars.
(c) Lucky Babes.
(d) Lucky Charms.
2. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
3. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
(a) The author was imprisoned.
(b) It was locked in a box.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was shredded.
4. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
(a) Joan Barry.
(b) Hedda Hopper.
(c) Lolly Parsons.
(d) Errol Flynn.
5. Besides Los Angeles and Chicago, to what other city was Bugsy Siegel connected?
(d) Las Vegas.
6. What did Barry threaten Chaplin with?
(a) A court case.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
7. Besides Mae West, who else was dubbed unwholesome?
(a) Katharine Hepburn.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) Marlene Dietrich.
(d) Ginger Rogers.
8. Which of the following describes Lupe's condition when she died?
9. Which company took a chance on Mae West first?
(d) Warner Brothers.
10. Which male was branded as being difficult?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) William Hearst.
(d) Franklyn Thorpe.
11. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
(a) George Kauffman.
(b) Franklyn Thorpe.
(c) Fred Astaire.
(d) Fatty Arbuckle.
12. What did the court order Chaplin to do about Joan Barry?
(a) To fire her.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To keep her on the job despite her pregnancy.
(d) To support her and her child.
13. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
(a) Late 1910s.
(b) Early 1920s.
(c) Early 1930s.
(d) Late 1920s
14. What was Frances Farmer dubbed?
(a) The Next West.
(b) The Next Davies.
(c) The Next Garbo.
(d) The Next Rogers.
15. Where did Mae West first become famous?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first to hire Joan Barry and put her in films?
2. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
3. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
4. What eventually happened to Frances Farmer?
5. With whom did Gilbert have an unbreakable contract?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)