|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Joan Barry hit Hollywood?
2. Where did Mae West first become famous?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Franklyn Thorpe.
(c) George Kauffman.
(d) Fatty Arbuckle.
4. What era is depicted in "Saturn Over Sunset"?
(a) Silver Age.
(b) Jazz Age.
(c) Musical Age.
(d) Golden age.
5. What did the court order Chaplin to do about Joan Barry?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To keep her on the job despite her pregnancy.
(c) To support her and her child.
(d) To fire her.
6. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
7. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
8. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
9. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
10. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
(b) Gunshot wound.
11. Where was Thelma Todd found dead?
12. Which of the following describes Lupe's condition when she died?
13. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Mae Murray.
(b) Clara Bow.
(c) Joan Crawford.
(d) Buster Keaton.
14. Who was the United States Attorney during the time of Prohibition?
15. For what was Flynn arrested and put on trial?
(a) Statutory rape.
(b) Sexual assault.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Mae West, who else was dubbed unwholesome?
2. Who was Thelma Todd's lover?
3. Which company took a chance on Mae West first?
4. What casino did Siegel help create?
5. What nationality was Lupe Velez?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)