|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sought to ban Mae West's films?
(c) Foreign outlets.
(d) Religious right.
2. Who was the first to hire Joan Barry and put her in films?
3. What was Mae Murray's former career before movie starlet?
(b) Sear's saleslady.
(c) Macy's clerk.
(d) Pastor's wife.
4. Who was the United States Attorney during the time of Prohibition?
5. What nationality was Lupe Velez?
6. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
(a) "Night After Night."
(b) "Day After Day."
(c) "Morning After Morning."
(d) "Midnight After Noon."
7. How did Siegel die?
(b) Stab wound.
(c) Suicide by drug overdose.
(d) Gunshot wound.
8. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
9. What is the title called in reference to Thelma Todd?
(a) "Death Swamp."
(b) "Death Garage."
(c) "Death Trap."
(d) "Death End."
10. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) John Gilbert.
(b) Marion Davies.
(c) Rudolph Valentino.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
11. Which of the following describes Lupe's condition when she died?
12. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
13. Besides Mae West, who else was dubbed unwholesome?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Ginger Rogers.
(c) Katharine Hepburn.
(d) Marlene Dietrich.
14. Besides Los Angeles and Chicago, to what other city was Bugsy Siegel connected?
(a) Las Vegas.
15. Where was Thelma Todd found dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. What casino did Siegel help create?
2. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
3. Where did Mae West first become famous?
4. With whom did Mary Astor have an affair?
5. With whom did Gilbert have an unbreakable contract?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)