|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
(a) Fatty Arbuckle raped and killed a woman.
(b) Mae West died.
(c) Charlie Chaplin met Lita Grey.
(d) Astor-Thorpe scandal.
2. What was Barry's starting salary per week?
3. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Babes.
(b) Lucky Talkers.
(c) Lucky Charms.
(d) Lucky Stars.
4. What was Weismuller's first name?
5. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
6. Where did Mae West first become famous?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
7. At one time, how much money did Adolph Zukor have?
(a) $5 billion.
(b) $10 million.
(c) $40 million.
(d) $2 million.
8. When did the "Suicide Syndrome" occur?
9. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
10. In what year was Thelma Todd found dead?
11. What was Mae Murray's former career before movie starlet?
(a) Sear's saleslady.
(c) Pastor's wife.
(d) Macy's clerk.
12. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
(a) Late 1920s
(b) Early 1930s.
(c) Early 1920s.
(d) Late 1910s.
13. Besides Los Angeles and Chicago, to what other city was Bugsy Siegel connected?
(a) Las Vegas.
14. Who thought Mae West was obscene?
(a) Mary Payton.
(b) Mary Pickford.
(c) Mary Pigton.
(d) Mary Pitton.
15. Which company took a chance on Mae West first?
(b) Warner Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
2. Who kept a tell-all journal for herself?
3. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
4. How old was Lupe when she killed herself?
5. Why was Flynn's case dismissed?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)