|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happened to Frances Farmer?
(a) She was killed.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She killed a police officer.
(d) Her mother committed her.
2. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
3. What drugs did Siegel push?
(b) Prescription medicine.
4. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) George Kauffman.
(c) Franklyn Thorpe.
(d) Fatty Arbuckle.
5. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
6. Who sought to ban Mae West's films?
(a) Religious right.
(c) Foreign outlets.
7. When was William fox cast out of his own company?
8. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
(a) Fatty Arbuckle raped and killed a woman.
(b) Astor-Thorpe scandal.
(c) Charlie Chaplin met Lita Grey.
(d) Mae West died.
9. What does "Red Tide" refer to?
(a) Sexual abuse.
(c) Drug use.
10. What was Chaplin accused of?
(a) Fathering Barry's child.
(b) Firing Barry after he sexually harassed her.
(c) Shooting Barry.
(d) Raping Barry.
11. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
12. The district attorney of which city overturned Flynn's case dismissal?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) Long Beach.
13. Who openly despised Chaplin and took every possible shot at him?
14. What was Mae Murray's former career before movie starlet?
(a) Sear's saleslady.
(c) Pastor's wife.
(d) Macy's clerk.
15. What did critics see as the beginning of Hopper's end?
(a) Refraining from using Chaplin's name.
(b) Ignoring the not-guilty verdict by the judge.
(c) Criticizing Chaplin at every turn.
(d) Stalking Chaplin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Weismuller's first name?
2. According to conjecture, who killed Thelma Todd?
3. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
4. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
5. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)