|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
3. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
4. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
5. What did critics see as the beginning of Hopper's end?
(a) Ignoring the not-guilty verdict by the judge.
(b) Refraining from using Chaplin's name.
(c) Stalking Chaplin.
(d) Criticizing Chaplin at every turn.
6. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
(a) The author was imprisoned.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was shredded.
(d) It was locked in a box.
7. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Buster Keaton.
(b) Clara Bow.
(c) Mae Murray.
(d) Joan Crawford.
8. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
9. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
(a) Fatty Arbuckle.
(b) George Kauffman.
(c) Fred Astaire.
(d) Franklyn Thorpe.
10. Besides Mae West, who else was dubbed unwholesome?
(a) Katharine Hepburn.
(b) Marlene Dietrich.
(c) Fred Astaire.
(d) Ginger Rogers.
11. Who sought to ban Mae West's films?
(c) Foreign outlets.
(d) Religious right.
12. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
(a) Difficult and obscene.
(b) Moral and delusional.
(c) Fake and gimmicky.
(d) Pious and righteous.
13. What did Flynn claim his involvement was in his case?
(a) He had been drugged and couldn't remember if he had done it or not.
(b) He did rape the girls but had paid them to cover it up.
(c) He knew the accusers but only briefly.
(d) He didn't know anything about it.
14. Which male was branded as being difficult?
(a) Franklyn Thorpe.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) William Hearst.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
15. What era is depicted in "Saturn Over Sunset"?
(a) Silver Age.
(b) Golden age.
(c) Musical Age.
(d) Jazz Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was Flynn arrested and put on trial?
2. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
3. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
4. What drugs did Siegel push?
5. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)