|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
2. What did Barry threaten Chaplin with?
(a) A court case.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
3. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Mae Murray.
(b) Clara Bow.
(c) Buster Keaton.
(d) Joan Crawford.
4. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
5. Gilbert's first talkie was referred to as ___________.
6. What was Mae Murray's husband's name?
(a) Prince Geraldo.
(b) Prince Mdivani.
(c) Prince Gerdavani.
(d) Prince Ndino.
7. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
(a) George Kauffman.
(b) Fatty Arbuckle.
(c) Fred Astaire.
(d) Franklyn Thorpe.
8. When did the "Suicide Syndrome" occur?
9. Which male was branded as being difficult?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Franklyn Thorpe.
(c) Fred Astaire.
(d) William Hearst.
10. How did Siegel die?
(a) Stab wound.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Suicide by drug overdose.
11. Who was the first to hire Joan Barry and put her in films?
12. When was William fox cast out of his own company?
13. What was Bugsy Siegel's real first name?
14. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Charms.
(b) Lucky Stars.
(c) Lucky Talkers.
(d) Lucky Babes.
15. What was Barry's weekly salary lowered to?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
2. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
3. Which actress was branded as being difficult?
4. What was Frances Farmer dubbed?
5. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)