|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lupe when she killed herself?
2. At one time, how much money did Adolph Zukor have?
(a) $40 million.
(b) $10 million.
(c) $5 billion.
(d) $2 million.
3. What put Frances Farmer in jail?
(a) Her ignorance of the law.
(b) Her intolerable cruelty.
(c) Her anger at her father.
(d) Her hatred for authority.
4. Where did Mae West first become famous?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. How did Siegel die?
(a) Suicide by drug overdose.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Stab wound.
6. What is the title called in reference to Thelma Todd?
(a) "Death Trap."
(b) "Death Swamp."
(c) "Death Garage."
(d) "Death End."
7. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Joan Crawford.
(b) Clara Bow.
(c) Mae Murray.
(d) Buster Keaton.
8. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
9. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
(a) Hedda Hopper.
(b) Lolly Parsons.
(c) Joan Barry.
(d) Errol Flynn.
10. What did Barry threaten Chaplin with?
(b) A knife.
(c) A court case.
(d) A gun.
11. What was Mae Murray's former career before movie starlet?
(a) Macy's clerk.
(b) Sear's saleslady.
(c) Pastor's wife.
12. Which of the following describes Lupe's condition when she died?
13. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
(a) Charlie Chaplin met Lita Grey.
(b) Mae West died.
(c) Fatty Arbuckle raped and killed a woman.
(d) Astor-Thorpe scandal.
14. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. Which company took a chance on Mae West first?
(d) Warner Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
2. What does "Enditalls" refer to?
3. What was Bugsy Siegel's real first name?
4. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
5. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)