|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to conjecture, who killed Thelma Todd?
2. What casino did Siegel help create?
(b) Caesar's Palace.
3. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
(b) Gunshot wound.
4. What put Frances Farmer in jail?
(a) Her hatred for authority.
(b) Her ignorance of the law.
(c) Her intolerable cruelty.
(d) Her anger at her father.
5. How did Siegel die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Suicide by drug overdose.
(c) Stab wound.
6. When did the "Suicide Syndrome" occur?
7. Besides Mae West, who else was dubbed unwholesome?
(a) Marlene Dietrich.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) Ginger Rogers.
(d) Katharine Hepburn.
8. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Stars.
(b) Lucky Charms.
(c) Lucky Talkers.
(d) Lucky Babes.
9. What was Barry's weekly salary lowered to?
10. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
(a) "Midnight After Noon."
(b) "Morning After Morning."
(c) "Night After Night."
(d) "Day After Day."
11. What did the court order Chaplin to do about Joan Barry?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To keep her on the job despite her pregnancy.
(c) To support her and her child.
(d) To fire her.
12. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
13. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
14. What does "Enditalls" refer to?
(a) Those who joined the military.
(b) Those who quit acting in middle-age.
(c) Those who committed suicide.
(d) Those who failed to get a part in a talkie.
15. Who thought Mae West was obscene?
(a) Mary Pitton.
(b) Mary Pickford.
(c) Mary Pigton.
(d) Mary Payton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sought to ban Mae West's films?
2. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
3. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
4. In what year was Thelma Todd found dead?
5. Who was the first to hire Joan Barry and put her in films?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)