|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kept a tell-all journal for herself?
(a) Mae West.
(b) Katharine Hepburn.
(c) Mary Astor.
(d) Mary Pickford.
2. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
(a) Lolly Parsons.
(b) Joan Barry.
(c) Hedda Hopper.
(d) Errol Flynn.
3. Who was the United States Attorney during the time of Prohibition?
4. What does "Enditalls" refer to?
(a) Those who joined the military.
(b) Those who failed to get a part in a talkie.
(c) Those who quit acting in middle-age.
(d) Those who committed suicide.
5. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
(a) Moral and delusional.
(b) Pious and righteous.
(c) Difficult and obscene.
(d) Fake and gimmicky.
6. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Joan Crawford.
(b) Clara Bow.
(c) Mae Murray.
(d) Buster Keaton.
7. What casino did Siegel help create?
(a) Caesar's Palace.
8. Besides Mae West, who else was dubbed unwholesome?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Ginger Rogers.
(c) Katharine Hepburn.
(d) Marlene Dietrich.
9. Who sought to ban Mae West's films?
(b) Religious right.
(c) Foreign outlets.
10. What was Mae Murray's husband's name?
(a) Prince Geraldo.
(b) Prince Ndino.
(c) Prince Mdivani.
(d) Prince Gerdavani.
11. How many abortions did Joan Barry undergo while preparing for a new role?
12. Besides Los Angeles and Chicago, to what other city was Bugsy Siegel connected?
(b) Las Vegas.
13. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) Rudolph Valentino.
(b) John Gilbert.
(c) Marion Davies.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
14. According to conjecture, who killed Thelma Todd?
15. Who openly despised Chaplin and took every possible shot at him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
2. What was Chaplin accused of?
3. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
4. With whom did Mary Astor have an affair?
5. What is the title called in reference to Thelma Todd?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)