|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides Mae West, who else was dubbed unwholesome?
(a) Ginger Rogers.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) Katharine Hepburn.
(d) Marlene Dietrich.
2. What did critics see as the beginning of Hopper's end?
(a) Stalking Chaplin.
(b) Refraining from using Chaplin's name.
(c) Criticizing Chaplin at every turn.
(d) Ignoring the not-guilty verdict by the judge.
3. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
4. What was Weismuller's first name?
5. What eventually happened to Frances Farmer?
(a) She killed a police officer.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) Her mother committed her.
(d) She was killed.
6. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) John Gilbert.
(b) Marion Davies.
(c) Rudolph Valentino.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
7. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
(a) Early 1920s.
(b) Late 1920s
(c) Late 1910s.
(d) Early 1930s.
8. For what was Flynn arrested and put on trial?
(a) Statutory rape.
(c) Sexual assault.
9. What did the court order Chaplin to do about Joan Barry?
(a) To support her and her child.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To fire her.
(d) To keep her on the job despite her pregnancy.
10. What put Frances Farmer in jail?
(a) Her ignorance of the law.
(b) Her intolerable cruelty.
(c) Her hatred for authority.
(d) Her anger at her father.
11. Where did Mae West first become famous?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
12. Which company took a chance on Mae West first?
(b) Warner Brothers.
13. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
(a) The author was imprisoned.
(b) It was shredded.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was locked in a box.
14. In what year did Joan Barry hit Hollywood?
15. What was Mae Murray's husband's name?
(a) Prince Mdivani.
(b) Prince Ndino.
(c) Prince Gerdavani.
(d) Prince Geraldo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Barry's starting salary per week?
2. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
3. What did Barry threaten Chaplin with?
4. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
5. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)