|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company took a chance on Mae West first?
(a) Warner Brothers.
2. For what was Flynn arrested and put on trial?
(a) Statutory rape.
(c) Sexual assault.
3. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Franklyn Thorpe.
(c) George Kauffman.
(d) Fatty Arbuckle.
4. With whom did Mary Astor have an affair?
(a) William Hearst.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Franklyn Thorpe.
(d) George Kauffman.
5. What was Barry's weekly salary lowered to?
6. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
7. Why was Flynn's case dismissed?
(a) Only one accuser wanted a trial.
(b) There was not enough evidence.
(c) Flynn paid off the judge.
(d) There was no witness.
8. Who sought to ban Mae West's films?
(b) Foreign outlets.
(c) Religious right.
9. With whom did Gilbert have an unbreakable contract?
(c) Warner Brothers.
10. Which of the following describes Bugsy Siegel?
(c) Game show host.
11. Who was the United States Attorney during the time of Prohibition?
12. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
13. Who openly despised Chaplin and took every possible shot at him?
14. Who thought Mae West was obscene?
(a) Mary Pigton.
(b) Mary Pickford.
(c) Mary Pitton.
(d) Mary Payton.
15. Who was Thelma Todd's lover?
(a) Rufus Wainright.
(b) Roland West.
(c) Ren Weatherford.
(d) Reginald Warrington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilbert's first talkie was referred to as ___________.
2. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
3. Who was the first to hire Joan Barry and put her in films?
4. What nationality was Lupe Velez?
5. What did critics see as the beginning of Hopper's end?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)