|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Red Tide" refer to?
(b) Drug use.
(c) Sexual abuse.
2. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Stars.
(b) Lucky Charms.
(c) Lucky Talkers.
(d) Lucky Babes.
3. What was Chaplin accused of?
(a) Shooting Barry.
(b) Raping Barry.
(c) Fathering Barry's child.
(d) Firing Barry after he sexually harassed her.
4. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
(a) Late 1910s.
(b) Early 1920s.
(c) Late 1920s
(d) Early 1930s.
6. What is the title called in reference to Thelma Todd?
(a) "Death Garage."
(b) "Death Trap."
(c) "Death Swamp."
(d) "Death End."
7. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Buster Keaton.
(b) Joan Crawford.
(c) Mae Murray.
(d) Clara Bow.
8. What did Barry threaten Chaplin with?
(b) A gun.
(c) A court case.
(d) A knife.
9. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
10. Where did Mae West first become famous?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
11. Besides Los Angeles and Chicago, to what other city was Bugsy Siegel connected?
(c) Las Vegas.
12. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
13. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
14. What does "Enditalls" refer to?
(a) Those who quit acting in middle-age.
(b) Those who committed suicide.
(c) Those who failed to get a part in a talkie.
(d) Those who joined the military.
15. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
(a) It was burned.
(b) The author was imprisoned.
(c) It was shredded.
(d) It was locked in a box.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the "Suicide Syndrome" occur?
2. What was Mae Murray's husband's name?
3. What was Barry's weekly salary lowered to?
4. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
5. Where was Thelma Todd found dead?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)