|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Frances Farmer dubbed?
(a) The Next Garbo.
(b) The Next Rogers.
(c) The Next West.
(d) The Next Davies.
2. Who openly despised Chaplin and took every possible shot at him?
3. What did the court order Chaplin to do about Joan Barry?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To support her and her child.
(c) To keep her on the job despite her pregnancy.
(d) To fire her.
4. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
5. What eventually happened to Frances Farmer?
(a) She killed a police officer.
(b) She was killed.
(c) Her mother committed her.
(d) She committed suicide.
6. Which of the following describes Lupe's condition when she died?
7. Where did Mae West first become famous?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
8. With whom did Gilbert have an unbreakable contract?
(a) Warner Brothers.
9. How did Siegel die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Suicide by drug overdose.
(d) Stab wound.
10. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) John Gilbert.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Rudolph Valentino.
(d) Marion Davies.
11. Which of the following describes Bugsy Siegel?
(d) Game show host.
12. In what year did Joan Barry hit Hollywood?
13. What nationality was Lupe Velez?
14. Who sought to ban Mae West's films?
(b) Religious right.
(c) Foreign outlets.
15. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Barry's starting salary per week?
2. At one time, how much money did Adolph Zukor have?
3. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
4. Who kept a tell-all journal for herself?
5. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)