|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who openly despised Chaplin and took every possible shot at him?
2. Where was Thelma Todd found dead?
3. What era is depicted in "Saturn Over Sunset"?
(a) Silver Age.
(b) Golden age.
(c) Jazz Age.
(d) Musical Age.
4. When did Lupe Velez become a part of the film industry?
(a) Early 1930s.
(b) Late 1910s.
(c) Early 1920s.
(d) Late 1920s
5. Which of the following describes Bugsy Siegel?
(b) Game show host.
6. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
(a) Hedda Hopper.
(b) Lolly Parsons.
(c) Errol Flynn.
(d) Joan Barry.
7. Which of the following describes Lupe's condition when she died?
8. Where did Mae West first become famous?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
9. What is the title called in reference to Thelma Todd?
(a) "Death Swamp."
(b) "Death Garage."
(c) "Death End."
(d) "Death Trap."
10. With whom did Mary Astor have an affair?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) William Hearst.
(c) George Kauffman.
(d) Franklyn Thorpe.
11. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
(a) "Night After Night."
(b) "Day After Day."
(c) "Midnight After Noon."
(d) "Morning After Morning."
12. Besides Los Angeles and Chicago, to what other city was Bugsy Siegel connected?
(a) Las Vegas.
13. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Babes.
(b) Lucky Stars.
(c) Lucky Talkers.
(d) Lucky Charms.
14. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
15. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
(a) Fake and gimmicky.
(b) Pious and righteous.
(c) Difficult and obscene.
(d) Moral and delusional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Red Tide" refer to?
2. Why was Flynn's case dismissed?
3. What does "Enditalls" refer to?
4. Who thought Mae West was obscene?
5. What was Weismuller's first name?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)