|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Thelma Todd found dead?
2. What put Frances Farmer in jail?
(a) Her anger at her father.
(b) Her hatred for authority.
(c) Her intolerable cruelty.
(d) Her ignorance of the law.
3. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
(a) Fatty Arbuckle raped and killed a woman.
(b) Astor-Thorpe scandal.
(c) Charlie Chaplin met Lita Grey.
(d) Mae West died.
4. What did Flynn claim his involvement was in his case?
(a) He didn't know anything about it.
(b) He had been drugged and couldn't remember if he had done it or not.
(c) He did rape the girls but had paid them to cover it up.
(d) He knew the accusers but only briefly.
5. What did Barry threaten Chaplin with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A court case.
(d) A gun.
6. What was Mae Murray's former career before movie starlet?
(a) Pastor's wife.
(c) Sear's saleslady.
(d) Macy's clerk.
7. Why was Flynn's case dismissed?
(a) There was not enough evidence.
(b) Flynn paid off the judge.
(c) Only one accuser wanted a trial.
(d) There was no witness.
8. Who was Thelma Todd's lover?
(a) Ren Weatherford.
(b) Rufus Wainright.
(c) Roland West.
(d) Reginald Warrington.
9. What eventually happened to Frances Farmer?
(a) Her mother committed her.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She killed a police officer.
10. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) John Gilbert.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Marion Davies.
(d) Rudolph Valentino.
11. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Charms.
(b) Lucky Talkers.
(c) Lucky Stars.
(d) Lucky Babes.
12. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
13. Which actress was branded as being difficult?
(a) Marlene Dietrich.
(b) Katharine Hepburn.
(c) Mae West.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
14. What casino did Siegel help create?
(b) Caesar's Palace.
15. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Joan Crawford.
(b) Mae Murray.
(c) Buster Keaton.
(d) Clara Bow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Bugsy Siegel?
2. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
3. What does "Red Tide" refer to?
4. What did the court order Chaplin to do about Joan Barry?
5. What was Bugsy Siegel's real first name?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)