|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who openly despised Chaplin and took every possible shot at him?
2. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
(a) It was shredded.
(b) The author was imprisoned.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was locked in a box.
3. What does "Red Tide" refer to?
(a) Drug use.
(c) Sexual abuse.
4. What was Weismuller's first name?
5. What was Frances Farmer dubbed?
(a) The Next Rogers.
(b) The Next Garbo.
(c) The Next Davies.
(d) The Next West.
6. What put Frances Farmer in jail?
(a) Her ignorance of the law.
(b) Her intolerable cruelty.
(c) Her hatred for authority.
(d) Her anger at her father.
7. With whom did Mary Astor have an affair?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) William Hearst.
(c) Franklyn Thorpe.
(d) George Kauffman.
8. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
9. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
(a) Gunshot wound.
10. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
(a) Moral and delusional.
(b) Pious and righteous.
(c) Fake and gimmicky.
(d) Difficult and obscene.
11. What drugs did Siegel push?
(d) Prescription medicine.
12. How did Siegel die?
(a) Suicide by drug overdose.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Stab wound.
13. Who sought to ban Mae West's films?
(a) Religious right.
(d) Foreign outlets.
14. Who thought Mae West was obscene?
(a) Mary Pitton.
(b) Mary Pigton.
(c) Mary Pickford.
(d) Mary Payton.
15. What was Chaplin accused of?
(a) Shooting Barry.
(b) Raping Barry.
(c) Fathering Barry's child.
(d) Firing Barry after he sexually harassed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
2. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
3. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
4. What does "Enditalls" refer to?
5. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)