|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thought Mae West was obscene?
(a) Mary Pickford.
(b) Mary Payton.
(c) Mary Pigton.
(d) Mary Pitton.
2. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
(a) Errol Flynn.
(b) Lolly Parsons.
(c) Hedda Hopper.
(d) Joan Barry.
3. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Marion Davies.
(c) Rudolph Valentino.
(d) John Gilbert.
4. How was Chaplin proven innocent of paternity?
(a) Lie-detector test.
(b) Another man came forward.
(c) Rape kit.
(d) Blood test.
5. How did Siegel die?
(a) Suicide by drug overdose.
(c) Stab wound.
(d) Gunshot wound.
6. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
7. What did the court order Chaplin to do about Joan Barry?
(a) To fire her.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To keep her on the job despite her pregnancy.
(d) To support her and her child.
8. Who was the United States Attorney during the time of Prohibition?
9. What was Weismuller's first name?
10. Which actress was branded as being difficult?
(a) Mae West.
(b) Katharine Hepburn.
(c) Marlene Dietrich.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
11. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
12. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Mae Murray.
(b) Clara Bow.
(c) Buster Keaton.
(d) Joan Crawford.
13. When was William fox cast out of his own company?
14. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
15. Which male was branded as being difficult?
(a) William Hearst.
(b) Fred Astaire.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Franklyn Thorpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
2. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
3. When did the "Suicide Syndrome" occur?
4. In what year was Thelma Todd found dead?
5. What was Barry's weekly salary lowered to?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)