|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title called in reference to Thelma Todd?
(a) "Death Trap."
(b) "Death End."
(c) "Death Garage."
(d) "Death Swamp."
2. What did critics see as the beginning of Hopper's end?
(a) Criticizing Chaplin at every turn.
(b) Ignoring the not-guilty verdict by the judge.
(c) Stalking Chaplin.
(d) Refraining from using Chaplin's name.
3. What was Frances Farmer dubbed?
(a) The Next Garbo.
(b) The Next Davies.
(c) The Next West.
(d) The Next Rogers.
4. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Joan Crawford.
(b) Clara Bow.
(c) Mae Murray.
(d) Buster Keaton.
5. Who kept a tell-all journal for herself?
(a) Mary Pickford.
(b) Mary Astor.
(c) Mae West.
(d) Katharine Hepburn.
6. How did Siegel die?
(b) Stab wound.
(c) Suicide by drug overdose.
(d) Gunshot wound.
7. When did the "Suicide Syndrome" occur?
8. Who discovered the tell-all journal kept by an actress?
(a) Fred Astaire.
(b) Franklyn Thorpe.
(c) Fatty Arbuckle.
(d) George Kauffman.
9. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
10. What did Barry threaten Chaplin with?
(a) A court case.
(b) A knife.
(d) A gun.
11. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
(a) "Midnight After Noon."
(b) "Night After Night."
(c) "Morning After Morning."
(d) "Day After Day."
12. To get revenge, to whom did Chaplin give all the information about his wedding?
(a) Errol Flynn.
(b) Joan Barry.
(c) Lolly Parsons.
(d) Hedda Hopper.
13. Gilbert's first talkie was referred to as ___________.
14. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
15. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sought to ban Mae West's films?
2. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
3. Who openly despised Chaplin and took every possible shot at him?
4. Who thought Mae West was obscene?
5. Who was the United States Attorney during the time of Prohibition?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)