|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the tell-all journal in court?
(a) It was locked in a box.
(b) The author was imprisoned.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was shredded.
2. With whom did Mary Astor have an affair?
(a) Franklyn Thorpe.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) William Hearst.
(d) George Kauffman.
3. What casino did Siegel help create?
(c) Caesar's Palace.
4. Who was the first to hire Joan Barry and put her in films?
5. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
6. Where was Thelma Todd found dead?
7. Who was one of the first stars to fall during the Jazz Age due to lack of transitional power?
(a) Marion Davies.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Rudolph Valentino.
(d) John Gilbert.
8. How was Chaplin proven innocent of paternity?
(a) Another man came forward.
(b) Blood test.
(c) Rape kit.
(d) Lie-detector test.
9. In what year was Thelma Todd found dead?
10. What era is depicted in "Saturn Over Sunset"?
(a) Musical Age.
(b) Jazz Age.
(c) Golden age.
(d) Silver Age.
11. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
12. Which male was branded as being difficult?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) William Hearst.
(c) Franklyn Thorpe.
(d) Fred Astaire.
13. What was Bugsy Siegel's real first name?
14. What did Flynn claim his involvement was in his case?
(a) He knew the accusers but only briefly.
(b) He had been drugged and couldn't remember if he had done it or not.
(c) He did rape the girls but had paid them to cover it up.
(d) He didn't know anything about it.
15. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Talkers.
(b) Lucky Babes.
(c) Lucky Stars.
(d) Lucky Charms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drugs did Siegel push?
2. Which actress was intensely private but was accused of being homosexual when gossip became a multi-million dollar industry?
3. What was Chaplin accused of?
4. How much per week did John Gilbert earn in 1928?
5. Besides Los Angeles and Chicago, to what other city was Bugsy Siegel connected?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)