|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Gilbert have a drinking contest?
2. What is the title called in reference to Thelma Todd?
(a) "Death Garage."
(b) "Death Swamp."
(c) "Death End."
(d) "Death Trap."
3. What type of actors were labeled "Box Office Poison"?
(a) Difficult and obscene.
(b) Moral and delusional.
(c) Fake and gimmicky.
(d) Pious and righteous.
4. What was Bugsy Siegel's real first name?
5. According to conjecture, who killed Thelma Todd?
6. What was Barry's starting salary per week?
7. Who was Thelma Todd's lover?
(a) Rufus Wainright.
(b) Roland West.
(c) Ren Weatherford.
(d) Reginald Warrington.
8. Which of the following describes Bugsy Siegel?
(b) Game show host.
9. What was Frances Farmer dubbed?
(a) The Next West.
(b) The Next Davies.
(c) The Next Garbo.
(d) The Next Rogers.
10. Who was the first to hire Joan Barry and put her in films?
11. How did Siegel die?
(b) Stab wound.
(c) Suicide by drug overdose.
(d) Gunshot wound.
12. Besides Mae West, who else was dubbed unwholesome?
(a) Katharine Hepburn.
(b) Ginger Rogers.
(c) Marlene Dietrich.
(d) Fred Astaire.
13. When did the "Suicide Syndrome" occur?
14. What nationality was Lupe Velez?
15. What was Mae Murray's former career before movie starlet?
(a) Pastor's wife.
(c) Macy's clerk.
(d) Sear's saleslady.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many abortions did Joan Barry undergo while preparing for a new role?
2. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
3. What was Thelma Todd's cause of death?
4. Who thought Mae West was obscene?
5. What eventually happened to Frances Farmer?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)