|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom was Lucky Luciano a bootlegger?
2. Who took it upon themselves to revive the economy by spending money?
(a) Clara Bow.
(b) Buster Keaton.
(c) Mae Murray.
(d) Joan Crawford.
3. What did Barry threaten Chaplin with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A court case.
(d) A gun.
4. What happened in the same year Thelma Todd was found dead?
(a) Fatty Arbuckle raped and killed a woman.
(b) Mae West died.
(c) Astor-Thorpe scandal.
(d) Charlie Chaplin met Lita Grey.
5. With whom did Mary Astor have an affair?
(a) George Kauffman.
(b) Franklyn Thorpe.
(c) William Hearst.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
6. With whom did Gilbert have an unbreakable contract?
(c) Warner Brothers.
7. When was William fox cast out of his own company?
8. Who was Thelma Todd's lover?
(a) Roland West.
(b) Reginald Warrington.
(c) Ren Weatherford.
(d) Rufus Wainright.
9. When did Weismuller and Velez's wedding end?
10. What were those successful in the talkie industry dubbed?
(a) Lucky Babes.
(b) Lucky Talkers.
(c) Lucky Stars.
(d) Lucky Charms.
11. Who openly despised Chaplin and took every possible shot at him?
12. Where was Ina Claire an actress?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
13. What was the name of Mae West's first silver screen appearance?
(a) "Morning After Morning."
(b) "Midnight After Noon."
(c) "Day After Day."
(d) "Night After Night."
14. What eventually happened to Frances Farmer?
(a) She was killed.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She killed a police officer.
(d) Her mother committed her.
15. Who was most known for unbridled sex appeal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Barry's starting salary per week?
2. What put Frances Farmer in jail?
3. What did Flynn claim his involvement was in his case?
4. Which male was branded as being difficult?
5. Describe Joan Barry's acting work as described in the reading.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)