|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur complain to Merlin about being in the castle?
(a) He feels uneasy about his new role as prince.
(b) He is concerned about his future without Uther to guide him.
(c) He feels stifled and misses the Wild Forest.
(d) He feels he will never be comfortable in a castle.
2. Who does Arthur name his heir for the time being at the end of the book?
3. Who enters the tent as Arthur and Merlin are talking after the battle?
4. Who suggests that Uther's sword breaking was no accident?
5. What announcement is made while Merlin and Arthur are talking in Part 4, Chapter 5?
(a) King Uther is dying.
(b) Lot has attempted to overthrow the king.
(c) Morgause is dead.
(d) Morgause and Lot have been married.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lot plan to marry Morgian?
2. Who does Merlin say is "desperate and frightened now"?
3. Why does Merlin decide that Morgause poses no threat to Arthur?
4. Who did not remain with the rest of the British after the battle was over?
5. Who summons Merlin to his side after the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cador tell Merlin that he sent spies to find him at Bryn Myrddin?
2. Why does the sentry allow Arthur to be taken from he and Merlin's double room? Who does Arthur leave with?
3. What do the lords and commoners find when they reach the Perilous Chapel?
4. How does Arthur find Caliburn, Macsen's sword?
5. What does Arthur's child with Morgause symbolize? What does it mean for his kingdom? What does Merlin do?
6. What leads Arthur to ask about Merlin's true identity? Learning this, does Arthur know who he is?
7. Why does Merlin feel that he can absolve himself of the guilt he carried for taking Arthur from his rightful upbringing?
8. What is the significance of Morgause entering the makeshift hospital where Merlin and Arthur are?
9. What do Uther and Merlin discuss during their meeting after the battle with Colgrim? What does Merlin perceive about Uther and his questions?
10. What challenges does Lot raise against Uther's proclamation that Arthur is his heir? What do his challenges cause?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)