|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement is made during the feast?
(a) Lot will be the next High King.
(b) Arthur will not be heir to the High King.
(c) Arthur is heir to the High King.
(d) King Uther has died.
2. Who does Merlin reveal has the gift of sight?
3. Who does Arthur name his heir for the time being at the end of the book?
4. Who does Arthur charge after when he believes Merlin is in trouble?
(d) Cador's soldier.
5. Why is Arthur upset with Merlin when Merlin reveals something about himself in Part 4, Chapter 5?
(a) Because he is disappointed in Merlin's actions the night Arthur was born.
(b) Because he believes Merlin has been lying to Uther.
(c) Because he thought Merlin was his father, which he now finds is impossible.
(d) Because he is disappointed in Merlin's actions the night Arthur was conceived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlin surmise from Uther's questions about Arthur?
2. Where does Merlin watch the battle with the Saxons?
3. What does Merlin not mention to Uther after the battle?
4. Where is Macsen's sword during the feast?
5. Where does Arthur find the sword on the island in the middle of the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Morgause entering the makeshift hospital where Merlin and Arthur are?
2. Why does Lot of Lothian protest Uther declaring his heir at Luguvallium? What are his true motives behind the protests?
3. What trap is set for Merlin as he rides to the Perilous Chapel? Who saves him?
4. What do the lords and commoners find when they reach the Perilous Chapel?
5. Why does Cador come to visit Merlin in the forest while Arthur is in Bilis' cave? How does he approach Merlin?
6. What do Uther and Merlin discuss during their meeting after the battle with Colgrim? What does Merlin perceive about Uther and his questions?
7. What impact has the battle with Colgrim had on Uther's standings in the kingdom?
8. How does Uther make the announcement during the feast that Arthur is his heir to the throne?
9. How does the battle with Colgrim end? Why is this important?
10. How does Ector react to Lot's protests after Uther dies following his abdication of the throne?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)