|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands on Merlin's left inside the chapel?
(a) None of these.
(b) Cador and his company.
(c) Lot and his followers.
(d) Ector and Cei.
2. What does Merlin not mention to Uther after the battle?
(a) Lot's betrayal.
(b) The sword of Macsen.
(c) The forest chapel.
(d) Uther's daughters.
3. Who attempts to see Uther three times, but is denied because Arthur is with him?
4. Who is the first to kneel to the new king at the altar?
5. Why does Merlin decide that Morgause poses no threat to Arthur?
(a) There is no reason for Morgause to wish ill toward Arthur.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The god would not show him prophecies of Arthur just to kill him in the end.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ector's wife's name?
2. How does Arthur react to the truth of his parentage?
3. Who protests the declaration of the King's heir from Luguvallium?
4. Who backs Arthur's claim to the throne?
5. What announcement is made while Merlin and Arthur are talking in Part 4, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Arthur to ask about Merlin's true identity? Learning this, does Arthur know who he is?
2. What reality hits Arthur as he finds out that he is Uther's son and Uther is, in fact, dying?
3. What do the lords and commoners find when they reach the Perilous Chapel?
4. How do Lot and Cador respond to Arthur claiming the sword that makes him the rightful High King?
5. Why is Arthur's thirteenth year known as the "Black Year"?
6. Why are Merlin and Arthur called to Uther's side on the battlefield immediately after Arthur tries to give Merlin Macsen's sword?
7. How does Arthur find Caliburn, Macsen's sword?
8. What role does Lot play in the battle against Colgrim? Why?
9. How does Uther make the announcement during the feast that Arthur is his heir to the throne?
10. Why does Merlin feel that he can absolve himself of the guilt he carried for taking Arthur from his rightful upbringing?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)