|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merlin leave the castle after the feast?
(a) To track down Lot's men.
(b) To protect Arthur's sword.
(c) To carry news of the king's death.
(d) To find Arthur.
2. Why is Merlin angry about Cador's arrival with his troops?
(a) He did not see it in a vision.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) The Hill People did not warn him.
(d) Both of these.
3. Who serves as Uther's chief captain?
4. What announcement is made during the feast?
(a) Arthur will not be heir to the High King.
(b) King Uther has died.
(c) Lot will be the next High King.
(d) Arthur is heir to the High King.
5. Who stands on Merlin's right inside the chapel?
(a) Lot and his followers.
(b) Cador and his company.
(c) None of these.
(d) Ector and Cei.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Arthur's white horse?
2. Who admits to sending the Cornish spies to question Merlin at Bryn Myrddin?
3. What decorates Uther's great cloak?
4. Where does Uther plan to lead battle, despite his illness?
5. How many lamps does Merlin light on the chapel altar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Merlin leave immediately after the feast? What warning does Ralf give him?
2. What do Uther and Merlin discuss during their meeting after the battle with Colgrim? What does Merlin perceive about Uther and his questions?
3. What role does Lot play in the battle against Colgrim? Why?
4. What does Lot's marriage to Uther's daughter, Morgian, mean for the kingdom and Arthur?
5. How does Uther make the announcement during the feast that Arthur is his heir to the throne?
6. What trap is set for Merlin as he rides to the Perilous Chapel? Who saves him?
7. Why are Merlin and Arthur called to Uther's side on the battlefield immediately after Arthur tries to give Merlin Macsen's sword?
8. Why does Cador come to visit Merlin in the forest while Arthur is in Bilis' cave? How does he approach Merlin?
9. What does Arthur's child with Morgause symbolize? What does it mean for his kingdom? What does Merlin do?
10. Why does Lot of Lothian protest Uther declaring his heir at Luguvallium? What are his true motives behind the protests?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)