|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question is finally asked about the broken sword?
(a) If Arthur is to be king, where will he get his sword?
(b) None of these.
(c) If Uther's sword is broken, how will a true heir be chosen?
(d) If Lot is to be king, where will he get a high sword?
2. Who did not remain with the rest of the British after the battle was over?
3. Who stands on Merlin's right inside the chapel?
(a) None of these.
(b) Lot and his followers.
(c) Ector and Cei.
(d) Cador and his company.
4. Who challenges Uther's decision of who his heir will be?
5. Who tells the people at the feast about the sword the god's have given to Arthur?
6. Where does Arthur find the sword on the island in the middle of the lake?
(a) In Bilis' cave.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) In a stone altar.
(d) Buried in the dirt.
7. What impresses Arthur about Merlin before they leave the chapel?
(a) The fine robes Merlin dons.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) The powers he displays.
8. Who finally calms the commotion in the feast after the announcement has been made?
9. Who saves Merlin from his attackers in the woods?
(d) The Hill Men.
10. Who does Merlin reveal has the gift of sight?
11. Who threatens to tell the other lords that she carries Arthur's child?
(c) None of these.
12. Who is left to prevent the return of the Saxons when the battle is concluded?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Caw of Strathelyde.
(d) Neither of these.
13. Where is it suggested the declaration and ceremonies take place?
(b) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
14. Who serves as Uther's chief captain?
15. How does Merlin respond to the calls from the soldiers?
(a) With concern over the king's health.
(b) With praise of Uther and Arthur.
(c) With doubt and distrust.
(d) With encouragement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arthur charge after when he believes Merlin is in trouble?
2. How does Arthur behave during the feast?
3. Who treats the wounded soldiers in a makeshift hospital?
4. Who suggests that Uther's sword breaking was no accident?
5. What does Arthur complain to Merlin about being in the castle?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)