|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Arthur name his heir for the time being at the end of the book?
2. Who did not remain with the rest of the British after the battle was over?
3. What jumps into the water and swims across the lake in front of Merlin?
(a) A white cat.
(b) A white wolf.
(c) A white stag.
(d) None of these.
4. Who suggests that Uther's sword breaking was no accident?
5. Who does Merlin say is "desperate and frightened now"?
6. Who backs Arthur's claim to the throne?
(c) All of these.
7. Who brings Arthur forward to the altar in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) Ector and Ralf.
(b) Cei and Cador.
(c) Ector and Cei.
(d) Cador and Lot.
8. Who protests the declaration of the King's heir from Luguvallium?
(a) King Lot.
(d) Count Ector.
9. Who serves as Uther's chief captain?
10. When does Uther intend to declare Arthur his rightful heir?
(a) Back at Tintagel.
(b) After Arthur proves his loyalty.
(c) At the victory feast.
(d) He does not intend to declare Arthur his heir.
11. What does Merlin give Uther to help him sleep?
(a) None of these.
(b) Warm tea.
(c) A potion.
12. How old is Arthur during the "Black Year"?
13. How long has Arthur been gone when the guard wakes?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Only minutes.
(d) One hour.
14. What impresses Arthur about Merlin before they leave the chapel?
(a) The powers he displays.
(b) The fine robes Merlin dons.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
15. What request does Uther agree to do at the feast?
(a) Abdicate his thrown.
(b) Retain the thrown indefinitely.
(c) Hold a joust to decide his heir.
(d) Banish Arthur from the kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the guard tell Merlin once awake?
2. Who does Merlin say will be held responsible if he dies?
3. Where does Merlin watch the battle with the Saxons?
4. Who does Cador hold captive when he approaches Merlin?
5. What is the name of Arthur's white hound?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)