|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jumps into the water and swims across the lake in front of Merlin?
(a) A white stag.
(b) None of these.
(c) A white wolf.
(d) A white cat.
2. Who comes to take Arthur to King Uther the morning the king dies?
3. Who admits to sending the Cornish spies to question Merlin at Bryn Myrddin?
4. Why is Arthur upset with Merlin when Merlin reveals something about himself in Part 4, Chapter 5?
(a) Because he believes Merlin has been lying to Uther.
(b) Because he is disappointed in Merlin's actions the night Arthur was conceived.
(c) Because he thought Merlin was his father, which he now finds is impossible.
(d) Because he is disappointed in Merlin's actions the night Arthur was born.
5. What absorbs the sword as it sits on the altar?
(a) Blue fire.
(b) A flash of blue light.
(c) Black fire.
(d) A bright light.
6. Who is left to prevent the return of the Saxons when the battle is concluded?
(a) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Caw of Strathelyde.
7. Who does Arthur share a strong bond of loyalty and friendship with?
8. Where is it suggested the declaration and ceremonies take place?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
9. Who stands on Merlin's left inside the chapel?
(a) Lot and his followers.
(b) Ector and Cei.
(c) None of these.
(d) Cador and his company.
10. Who attempts to see Uther three times, but is denied because Arthur is with him?
11. What is the name of the man threatening war against the British kingdoms?
12. Why has Cador come to visit Merlin at the forest chapel?
(a) On King Uther's command.
(b) At Ygraine's request.
(c) To warn him about Uther's betrayal.
(d) At Count Ector's request.
13. When does Lot plan to marry Morgian?
(b) Winter solstice.
(c) New Year's Day.
14. Who treats the wounded soldiers in a makeshift hospital?
15. When does Uther intend to declare Arthur his rightful heir?
(a) Back at Tintagel.
(b) At the victory feast.
(c) He does not intend to declare Arthur his heir.
(d) After Arthur proves his loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protests the declaration of the King's heir from Luguvallium?
2. Who does Uther throw his sword to during battle?
3. Who does Merlin tell must leave Luguvallium and never return to the Court?
4. What does Merlin share with Arthur when Arthur returns to their room in Part 4, Chapter 5?
5. Why does Merlin leave the castle after the feast?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)