|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Morgian's sister?
2. Who has lost the ability to stand up to Uther as Uther chooses an heir?
3. Who does Merlin reveal has the gift of sight?
4. Who does Merlin tell must leave Luguvallium and never return to the Court?
5. Who comes to take Arthur to King Uther the morning the king dies?
6. How does Merlin respond to the calls from the soldiers?
(a) With encouragement.
(b) With doubt and distrust.
(c) With praise of Uther and Arthur.
(d) With concern over the king's health.
7. What decorates Uther's great cloak?
(a) Scarlet dragons entwined.
(b) The family crest.
(c) Scarlet snakes entwined.
(d) A white stag.
8. Who confirms that Arthur handed Uther's sword back to him during battle?
9. Who does Arthur ask Merlin to send a message to in Part 4, Chapter 7?
10. What is happening by the time Merlin and Arthur arrive at the battlefield to find Uther?
(a) All of these.
(b) Cador's men are moving into position to fight.
(c) Uther's men are moving into position to fight.
(d) Rheged's men are moving into position to fight.
11. What does Arthur try to give Merlin when he finds out Merlin's true identity?
(a) His white stallion.
(b) The sword he found.
(c) A family crest.
(d) His loyalty as a servant.
12. Who backs Arthur's claim to the throne?
(c) All of these.
13. Where does Merlin watch the battle with the Saxons?
(a) From the front lines.
(b) From a hill.
(c) From the forest line.
(d) From King Uther's tent.
14. Who ensures that the king and Arthur rest before the feast?
15. What does Merlin surmise from Uther's questions about Arthur?
(a) He does not want to declare him the rightful heir.
(b) He regrets missing so much of Arthur's boyhood.
(c) He is still unsure about Arthur's loyalty.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arthur share a strong bond of loyalty and friendship with?
2. How many lamps does Merlin light on the chapel altar?
3. What can Merlin see in Uther now that the battle has ended?
4. How long has Arthur been gone when the guard wakes?
5. What does Merlin not mention to Uther after the battle?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)