|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Uther throw his sword to during battle?
2. What question is finally asked about the broken sword?
(a) None of these.
(b) If Lot is to be king, where will he get a high sword?
(c) If Uther's sword is broken, how will a true heir be chosen?
(d) If Arthur is to be king, where will he get his sword?
3. What is Ector's wife's name?
4. What does Merlin surmise from Uther's questions about Arthur?
(a) He does not want to declare him the rightful heir.
(b) None of these.
(c) He regrets missing so much of Arthur's boyhood.
(d) He is still unsure about Arthur's loyalty.
5. Who does Arthur ask Merlin to send a message to in Part 4, Chapter 7?
6. Who stands on Merlin's right inside the chapel?
(a) Cador and his company.
(b) Lot and his followers.
(c) Ector and Cei.
(d) None of these.
7. Who challenges Uther's decision of who his heir will be?
8. Who does Merlin tell must leave Luguvallium and never return to the Court?
9. Why is Arthur upset with Merlin when Merlin reveals something about himself in Part 4, Chapter 5?
(a) Because he is disappointed in Merlin's actions the night Arthur was conceived.
(b) Because he believes Merlin has been lying to Uther.
(c) Because he thought Merlin was his father, which he now finds is impossible.
(d) Because he is disappointed in Merlin's actions the night Arthur was born.
10. Who saves Merlin from his attackers in the woods?
(c) The Hill Men.
11. Where is it suggested the declaration and ceremonies take place?
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
12. Who finally calms the commotion in the feast after the announcement has been made?
13. What is the name of the man threatening war against the British kingdoms?
14. Who is Morgian's sister?
15. Why has Cador come to visit Merlin at the forest chapel?
(a) On King Uther's command.
(b) At Count Ector's request.
(c) At Ygraine's request.
(d) To warn him about Uther's betrayal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlin share with Arthur when Arthur returns to their room in Part 4, Chapter 5?
2. What can Merlin see in Uther now that the battle has ended?
3. Why does Merlin leave the castle after the feast?
4. Who did not remain with the rest of the British after the battle was over?
5. What announcement is made during the feast?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)