|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threatens to tell the other lords that she carries Arthur's child?
(d) None of these.
2. Where does Morgause plan to wait for her sister to marry Lot?
(a) Bryn Myrddin.
(d) The King's Court.
3. Why is Arthur upset with Merlin when Merlin reveals something about himself in Part 4, Chapter 5?
(a) Because he thought Merlin was his father, which he now finds is impossible.
(b) Because he believes Merlin has been lying to Uther.
(c) Because he is disappointed in Merlin's actions the night Arthur was conceived.
(d) Because he is disappointed in Merlin's actions the night Arthur was born.
4. Who is Morgian's sister?
5. Who brings Arthur forward to the altar in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) Cador and Lot.
(b) Ector and Ralf.
(c) Cei and Cador.
(d) Ector and Cei.
6. Who enters the tent as Arthur and Merlin are talking after the battle?
7. Who does Merlin say is "desperate and frightened now"?
8. Who summons Merlin to his side after the battle?
9. Who does Arthur name his heir for the time being at the end of the book?
10. When does Lot plan to marry Morgian?
(b) Winter solstice.
(d) New Year's Day.
11. What impresses Arthur about Merlin before they leave the chapel?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) The fine robes Merlin dons.
(d) The powers he displays.
12. What dream does Merlin recall about Arthur and the sword while watching Arthur with the wounded soldiers?
(a) That Merlin should not give Arthur the sword until he proves himself.
(b) That Merlin will need to give him the sword and guide his development.
(c) That Merlin need only give him the sword and Arthur's own nature would do the rest.
(d) He did not recall a dream.
13. Who does Uther throw his sword to during battle?
14. Who stands on Merlin's left inside the chapel?
(a) Lot and his followers.
(b) Cador and his company.
(c) None of these.
(d) Ector and Cei.
15. Where is Macsen's sword during the feast?
(a) Chapel Mascen.
(b) Arthur's room.
(d) Caer Bannog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is finally asked about the broken sword?
2. What does Arthur name the sword he finds?
3. Who does Merlin send to tell Ector's wife that he and Arthur will join Candor on the ride north?
4. Who does Arthur ask Merlin to send a message to in Part 4, Chapter 7?
5. What does the guard tell Merlin once awake?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)