|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merlin not mention to Uther after the battle?
(a) The forest chapel.
(b) The sword of Macsen.
(c) Lot's betrayal.
(d) Uther's daughters.
2. When is Merlin attacked in the woods?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Immediately after leaving the castle.
(d) After he is stopped by a downed pine tree.
3. Where does Morgause plan to wait for her sister to marry Lot?
(a) The King's Court.
(d) Bryn Myrddin.
4. Who stands on Merlin's right inside the chapel?
(a) Lot and his followers.
(b) Ector and Cei.
(c) Cador and his company.
(d) None of these.
5. What jumps into the water and swims across the lake in front of Merlin?
(a) A white stag.
(b) A white cat.
(c) A white wolf.
(d) None of these.
6. Who is Morgian's sister?
7. Who did not remain with the rest of the British after the battle was over?
8. When does Lot plan to marry Morgian?
(a) Winter solstice.
(c) New Year's Day.
9. Who protests the declaration of the King's heir from Luguvallium?
(a) Count Ector.
(c) King Lot.
10. What is the name of Arthur's white hound?
11. Who saves Merlin from his attackers in the woods?
(a) The Hill Men.
12. Who does Arthur name his heir for the time being at the end of the book?
13. Who suggests that Uther's sword breaking was no accident?
14. What dream does Merlin recall about Arthur and the sword while watching Arthur with the wounded soldiers?
(a) That Merlin should not give Arthur the sword until he proves himself.
(b) That Merlin need only give him the sword and Arthur's own nature would do the rest.
(c) He did not recall a dream.
(d) That Merlin will need to give him the sword and guide his development.
15. How long has Arthur been gone when the guard wakes?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Only minutes.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is finally asked about the broken sword?
2. Who does Merlin reveal has the gift of sight?
3. Why is Merlin angry about Cador's arrival with his troops?
4. What does Arthur try to give Merlin when he finds out Merlin's true identity?
5. What does Arthur complain to Merlin about being in the castle?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)