|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands on Merlin's left inside the chapel?
(a) Ector and Cei.
(b) None of these.
(c) Cador and his company.
(d) Lot and his followers.
2. Who does Merlin send to tell Ector's wife that he and Arthur will join Candor on the ride north?
3. What does Merlin give Uther to help him sleep?
(a) Warm tea.
(b) A potion.
(d) None of these.
4. Where does Morgause plan to wait for her sister to marry Lot?
(a) Bryn Myrddin.
(d) The King's Court.
5. What is Ector's wife's name?
6. How long has Arthur been gone when the guard wakes?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Only minutes.
7. Who does Uther throw his sword to during battle?
8. What question is finally asked about the broken sword?
(a) If Arthur is to be king, where will he get his sword?
(b) None of these.
(c) If Lot is to be king, where will he get a high sword?
(d) If Uther's sword is broken, how will a true heir be chosen?
9. Who does Merlin reveal has the gift of sight?
10. What announcement is made while Merlin and Arthur are talking in Part 4, Chapter 5?
(a) Lot has attempted to overthrow the king.
(b) King Uther is dying.
(c) Morgause and Lot have been married.
(d) Morgause is dead.
11. Who is left to prevent the return of the Saxons when the battle is concluded?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Caw of Strathelyde.
(d) Neither of these.
12. When does Lot plan to marry Morgian?
(a) Winter solstice.
(c) New Year's Day.
13. Why do King Uther's troops appear suddenly in the woods at Merlin's chapel in Part 3, Chapter 9?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) The king has grown sicker.
(c) Both of these.
(d) The king has asked Merlin to join him on the battlefield.
14. Who treats the wounded soldiers in a makeshift hospital?
15. Who does Merlin tell must leave Luguvallium and never return to the Court?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Arthur find the sword on the island in the middle of the lake?
2. Who challenges Uther's decision of who his heir will be?
3. What is the name of Arthur's white hound?
4. How old is Arthur during the "Black Year"?
5. What jumps into the water and swims across the lake in front of Merlin?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)