|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Merlin arrive in Britain?
(a) Early summer.
(b) Late spring,
(c) Early fall.
(d) Late summer.
2. What does Arthur bring Merlin the day after Arthur meets him?
(a) Honeycake and water.
(b) Eggs and bread.
(c) Eggs and honeycake.
(d) Honey and cake.
3. What does Merlin ultimately decide to do with the holy man's chapel in the forest?
(a) Give it to Arthur.
(b) Give it to the Old Ones.
(c) Keep it himself.
(d) Give it to King Uther.
4. What family does Arthur belong to?
(a) The Pendragons.
(b) The Emrys.
(c) The Lothians.
(d) None of these.
5. Where will Merlin wait to be called to Tintagel?
(a) An inn in Cornwall.
(b) The home of one of the king's women.
(c) The home of a royal servant.
(d) Soldiers' barracks.
6. Where does Merlin find the sword in his dreams?
(a) In a hole beneath the altar.
(b) Hidden in the wall next to the altar.
(c) Inside of the altar.
(d) Above the altar on display.
7. Who follows Arthur to the chapel in the woods when he meets Merlin?
8. Where does Merlin plan to cross Uther's path on his way back to Bryn Marddin?
(a) At Tintagel.
(b) At the Welsh Border.
(c) Along the spine of Dumnonia.
(d) At the Saxon Beach.
9. On what night is Arthur given to Merlin?
(a) A week after he is born.
(b) The third night after he is born.
(c) The second night after he is born.
(d) Immediately after he is born.
10. When is Arthur born?
(a) Just before sundown on Christmas Day.
(b) Just after dawn on Christmas Day.
(c) Just before midnight on Christmas Eve.
(d) Just before dawn on Christmas Eve.
11. Whose eyes does Merlin believe Arthur has?
12. What is the name of the hillsmen's leader?
13. What takes Merlin by surprise after he calls out for the holy man?
(a) A great white owl.
(b) A swarm of bats.
(c) A large black crow.
(d) None of these.
14. Where do Merlin and Ralf meet the king's soldiers?
(a) Both of these.
(b) On the beach, after the ferry has departed.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) When they are resting in the ferryman's hut.
15. Who does Merlin visit on his way back home?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was a path last cleared through the woods that Merlin and his troops travel?
2. How old does Merlin tell Uther that Arthur will be on Christmas Eve?
3. What disguise does Merlin take on while traveling with Arthur for the first time?
4. Where does Merlin go after leaving Arthur and Ralf?
5. Where does Merlin live?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)