|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction does Merlin set off in after sending Ralf off with the request regarding Uther's unborn child?
2. What is the name of one of the men sent to spy on Merlin?
(a) None of the names are given.
3. On what night is Arthur given to Merlin?
(a) A week after he is born.
(b) The second night after he is born.
(c) Immediately after he is born.
(d) The third night after he is born.
4. What does Merlin dream about while traveling north through the forest?
(a) A mysterious and magical woman.
(b) None of these.
(c) An enchanted sword.
(d) A mystical lake.
5. What names do Merlin and Ralf assume when they are waiting at the inn to go to the castle?
(a) Emrys and Ban.
(b) Emrys and Blain.
(c) None of these.
(d) Erichal and Ban.
6. What is Arthur's younger sister's name?
7. What is the name of the king's illegitimate daughter?
(a) None of these.
8. What drug is Merlin given to provide him some comfort after hurting his hand?
(c) Ginger root.
9. When do Merlin and Ralf return to Bryn Myrddin?
(a) The day after Merlin's meeting at the castle.
(b) A week after Merlin's meeting at the castle.
(c) A few days after Merlin's meeting at the castle.
(d) The day of Merlin's meeting at the castle.
10. How old is Arthur when the rumblings of war reach England?
11. What does Merlin learn upon arriving back in Britain?
(a) Uther is sick with an infected wound.
(b) Uther is dead.
(c) Uther has declared Arthur his legitimate heir.
(d) None of these.
12. When was a path last cleared through the woods that Merlin and his troops travel?
(a) It has been kept clear for the last hundred years.
(b) During the time of Ambrosius.
(c) It has never been cleared.
(d) During the time of Gorlois.
13. What does Merlin ultimately decide to do with the holy man's chapel in the forest?
(a) Keep it himself.
(b) Give it to Arthur.
(c) Give it to King Uther.
(d) Give it to the Old Ones.
14. Who does Uther tell Merlin that he has been told has died?
15. Who does Merlin visit on his way back home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does it take for Merlin to find a formula that may help Uther's injury?
2. Where does Merlin find the sword in his dreams?
3. What color horse does Merlin see a nine-year-old boy riding toward the chapel?
4. How does Merlin know that someone has recently been in the forest chapel where the holy man lives?
5. What is inscribed on the temple altar in the Temple of Mithras?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)