|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Merlin to Tintagel the second week of September?
2. Who has been sent to be a servant to Merlin and then Arthur, once he is born?
(a) None of these.
3. Where does Merlin tell the spies that Arthur lives?
(a) The Enchanted Forest.
(b) Summer Hill.
(c) Summer Isle.
(d) The Black River.
4. What is the forest chapel now called?
(a) Chapel of the Sword.
(b) Chapel of the Green.
(c) Chapel of the Waters.
(d) Chapel of the Lady.
5. What does Merlin have a vision of through smoke in his makeshift lab at the castle?
(a) He hears the playing of harps.
(b) All of these.
(c) A globe of crystal.
(d) A tomb.
6. How many small hillsmen surround Merlin in the forest as he wakes?
7. What is the first thing Uther asks Merlin once they are alone in his chambers?
(a) How his cousin is raising Arthur.
(b) Why he has lied to him about Arthur's whereabouts.
(c) Why Merlin visited his wife years ago.
(d) How Arthur is doing.
8. When is Arthur born?
(a) Just before sundown on Christmas Day.
(b) Just before midnight on Christmas Eve.
(c) Just after dawn on Christmas Day.
(d) Just before dawn on Christmas Eve.
9. What is Merlin's proper name?
(a) Merlin Emrys.
(b) Myrddin Emrys.
(c) Bryn Myrddin.
(d) Emrys Ambrosius.
10. Where does Merlin send Ralf with a request regarding Uther's unborn child?
(a) To Cornwall, Uther's cousin.
(b) To Ector, Ygraine's brother.
(c) To Hoel, Uther's cousin.
(d) To Hoel, Ygraine's brother.
11. What does Merlin learn upon arriving back in Britain?
(a) Uther is sick with an infected wound.
(b) Uther is dead.
(c) Uther has declared Arthur his legitimate heir.
(d) None of these.
12. What is the name of one of the men sent to spy on Merlin?
(d) None of the names are given.
13. Who follows Arthur to the chapel in the woods when he meets Merlin?
14. Where is Stilicho from originally?
15. Whose eyes does Merlin believe Arthur has?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merlin dream about while traveling north through the forest?
2. How old does Merlin tell Uther that Arthur will be on Christmas Eve?
3. Who does Merlin take with him on his journey home?
4. Why does Stilicho stay behind at Merlin's cave?
5. How does Merlin know that someone has recently been in the forest chapel where the holy man lives?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)