|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merlin feel when riding toward the castle once he has been summoned?
(b) All of these.
2. What names do Merlin and Ralf assume when they are waiting at the inn to go to the castle?
(a) None of these.
(b) Emrys and Blain.
(c) Emrys and Ban.
(d) Erichal and Ban.
3. Where does Merlin plan to cross Uther's path on his way back to Bryn Marddin?
(a) Along the spine of Dumnonia.
(b) At the Welsh Border.
(c) At the Saxon Beach.
(d) At Tintagel.
4. Who is tending to Merlin after he is injured falling from his horse?
(a) A young goatherd.
(b) A young black smith.
(c) A well attendant.
(d) A farmer's wife.
5. How does Merlin know that someone has recently been in the forest chapel where the holy man lives?
(a) There is a half eaten dinner.
(b) There is a candle that is not yet hard after burning.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
6. Who does Merlin visit on his way back home?
7. Where is Ector's castle?
(a) Galava in Rheged.
(b) Tintagel in Rheged.
(c) Tintagel in Bryn Myrddin.
(d) Galava in Cornwall.
8. What does Merlin injure when he falls from his horse on a sunny day?
(a) His foot.
(b) His hand.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
9. Who follows Arthur to the chapel in the woods when he meets Merlin?
10. What family does Arthur belong to?
(a) None of these.
(b) The Lothians.
(c) The Emrys.
(d) The Pendragons.
11. How old does Merlin tell Uther that Arthur will be on Christmas Eve?
12. When does Merlin meet Arthur for the first time after his birth?
(a) When he is four-years-old.
(b) When he is five-years-old.
(c) When he is nine-years-old.
(d) When he is seven-years-old.
13. Where does Merlin send Ralf with a request regarding Uther's unborn child?
(a) To Ector, Ygraine's brother.
(b) To Hoel, Uther's cousin.
(c) To Hoel, Ygraine's brother.
(d) To Cornwall, Uther's cousin.
14. What does Merlin dream about while traveling north through the forest?
(a) A mystical lake.
(b) A mysterious and magical woman.
(c) An enchanted sword.
(d) None of these.
15. Why does Merlin feel that he still cannot spend time in one place nor give any information on Arthur?
(a) He is worried about outlaws who have been tracking him.
(b) He is worried about spies and Arthur's safety.
(c) He is worried about Uther's men.
(d) He is worried about his own safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Merlin wait to be called to Tintagel?
2. What does Uther reveal to Merlin about his injury?
3. Who does Merlin go in search of once leaving the settlement where his horse is re-shod?
4. What is the name of one of the men sent to spy on Merlin?
5. What is the name of the hillsmen's leader?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)