|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merlin have a vision of through smoke in his makeshift lab at the castle?
(a) A globe of crystal.
(b) All of these.
(c) A tomb.
(d) He hears the playing of harps.
2. Who does Merlin visit on his way back home?
3. Where does Merlin tell the spies that Arthur lives?
(a) Summer Isle.
(b) The Black River.
(c) The Enchanted Forest.
(d) Summer Hill.
4. What traveling altar does Uther travel with?
(a) An alter of Myrddin.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) An alter of Mithras.
5. What is the name of Arthur's adopted brother?
6. What is the name of the king's illegitimate daughter?
(d) None of these.
7. When does Ralf take Arthur to Count Ector?
(a) When he is four.
(b) When he is five.
(c) When he is three.
(d) When he is six.
8. Where does Merlin first see visions?
(a) In a cave of crystals.
(b) In the wind blowing through the trees.
(c) In his home's fire.
(d) In a crystal ball he keeps in the backroom.
9. What family does Arthur belong to?
(a) The Emrys.
(b) The Pendragons.
(c) None of these.
(d) The Lothians.
10. What does Coll mean?
(a) The Hidden Valley.
(b) The Hidden Place.
(c) Undiscovered Lands.
(d) The Secret Place.
11. Why does Merlin feel that he still cannot spend time in one place nor give any information on Arthur?
(a) He is worried about outlaws who have been tracking him.
(b) He is worried about his own safety.
(c) He is worried about spies and Arthur's safety.
(d) He is worried about Uther's men.
12. Where will Merlin wait to be called to Tintagel?
(a) Soldiers' barracks.
(b) The home of a royal servant.
(c) The home of one of the king's women.
(d) An inn in Cornwall.
13. What profession does Merlin assume when they are waiting at the inn to go to the castle?
(a) A land owner.
(b) A natural healer.
(c) A black smith.
(d) An eye doctor.
14. Where does Merlin send Ralf with a request regarding Uther's unborn child?
(a) To Cornwall, Uther's cousin.
(b) To Hoel, Ygraine's brother.
(c) To Ector, Ygraine's brother.
(d) To Hoel, Uther's cousin.
15. Who is tending to Merlin after he is injured falling from his horse?
(a) A young goatherd.
(b) A well attendant.
(c) A farmer's wife.
(d) A young black smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the men sent to spy on Merlin?
2. Who does Merlin go in search of once leaving the settlement where his horse is re-shod?
3. Where does Merlin go after leaving Arthur and Ralf?
4. Where does Merlin plan to cross Uther's path on his way back to Bryn Marddin?
5. Who does Merlin take with him on his journey home?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)