|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Merlin send Ralf with a request regarding Uther's unborn child?
(a) To Hoel, Ygraine's brother.
(b) To Ector, Ygraine's brother.
(c) To Hoel, Uther's cousin.
(d) To Cornwall, Uther's cousin.
2. Why has Uther summoned Merlin to his camp, and why does he want to speak with Merlin?
(a) About his enemies.
(b) About his wife.
(c) About his rule and his future.
(d) About his unborn child.
3. Who is the son of Ban of Benoic?
4. Where will Merlin wait to be called to Tintagel?
(a) An inn in Cornwall.
(b) The home of a royal servant.
(c) Soldiers' barracks.
(d) The home of one of the king's women.
5. Where does Merlin tell Stilicho to tell people he is if they come looking for Merlin while he is gone?
(a) In Abba's Valley tending sheep.
(b) At the glass blower's hut in the forest.
(c) Traveling to Tintagel.
(d) In Sicily.
6. When is Arthur born?
(a) Just before midnight on Christmas Eve.
(b) Just after dawn on Christmas Day.
(c) Just before sundown on Christmas Day.
(d) Just before dawn on Christmas Eve.
7. Who is tending to Merlin after he is injured falling from his horse?
(a) A well attendant.
(b) A young black smith.
(c) A young goatherd.
(d) A farmer's wife.
8. Who delivers Arthur?
9. What traveling altar does Uther travel with?
(a) An alter of Myrddin.
(b) An alter of Mithras.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
10. What disguise does Merlin take on while traveling with Arthur for the first time?
(a) A musician.
(b) A healer.
(c) An eye doctor.
(d) A wealthy noble.
11. What piece of history does Merlin teach Arthur and his companion at the chapel?
(a) The battle between Ambrosius and Vortigern.
(b) The battle between Ambrosius and Kaerconan.
(c) The battle between Lot and Uther.
(d) The battle between Ambrosius and Lot.
12. Where do Merlin and Ralf meet the king's soldiers?
(a) When they are resting in the ferryman's hut.
(b) Both of these.
(c) On the beach, after the ferry has departed.
(d) Neither of these.
13. What does Merlin ultimately decide to do with the holy man's chapel in the forest?
(a) Give it to the Old Ones.
(b) Keep it himself.
(c) Give it to Arthur.
(d) Give it to King Uther.
14. What does Uther reveal to Merlin about his injury?
(a) The injury has humiliated him and threatened his rule.
(b) The injury has left him impotent.
(c) The injury is not real.
(d) None of these.
15. What is the name of Arthur's adopted brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coll mean?
2. Where does Merlin live?
3. What distracts the outlaws just as they are about to spot Merlin and his troop?
4. Why does Merlin feel that he still cannot spend time in one place nor give any information on Arthur?
5. What family does Arthur belong to?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)