|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Merlin meet in the settlement where he stops to get his horse re-shod?
2. What does Uther reveal to Merlin about his injury?
(a) The injury has humiliated him and threatened his rule.
(b) The injury is not real.
(c) None of these.
(d) The injury has left him impotent.
3. What does Merlin injure when he falls from his horse on a sunny day?
(a) His foot.
(b) His hand.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
4. Where does Merlin move the enchanted sword?
(a) The holy man's chapel in the forest.
(b) Count Ector's castle.
(c) Deep in the forest, hidden under a tree.
(d) The island in Caer Bannog.
5. Where does Uther suggest Arthur be taken once born?
(a) The Court of King Budec of Brittany.
(b) The Court of Duke Gorlois.
(c) Merlin should take him to Bryn Myrddin.
(d) The Court of King Lot of Lothian.
6. What does Merlin first intend to do with the holy man's chapel, but then changes his mind?
(a) He plans to burn it.
(b) He plans to give it to one of the monasteries near King Uther's castle.
(c) He plans to give it to one of the monasteries near Count Ector's castle.
(d) He plans to give it to Arthur.
7. Why has Uther summoned Merlin to his camp, and why does he want to speak with Merlin?
(a) About his enemies.
(b) About his wife.
(c) About his rule and his future.
(d) About his unborn child.
8. Who does Merlin visit on his way back home?
9. What is the name of the chamberlain who tells Merlin about the king's condition?
10. Who is suspected of helping Saxon prisoners escape British capture?
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
11. Where does Merlin find the sword in his dreams?
(a) Inside of the altar.
(b) Hidden in the wall next to the altar.
(c) Above the altar on display.
(d) In a hole beneath the altar.
12. Where is Arthur living when he meets Merlin?
13. What does Merlin learn upon arriving back in Britain?
(a) None of these.
(b) Uther is sick with an infected wound.
(c) Uther is dead.
(d) Uther has declared Arthur his legitimate heir.
14. What does Arthur bring Merlin the day after Arthur meets him?
(a) Eggs and bread.
(b) Honeycake and water.
(c) Honey and cake.
(d) Eggs and honeycake.
15. Who does Merlin tell Ralf he must be loyal to?
(b) The current king.
(c) The current queen.
(d) The High King that will be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Merlin by surprise after he calls out for the holy man?
2. What is the name of the pagan God of Air to which the common people still do obeisance?
3. When does Ralf take Arthur to Count Ector?
4. What is the name of Arthur's adopted brother?
5. When does Merlin arrive in Britain?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)