Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
• The reader learns briefly of Arthur's destiny, from his conception one stormy night to his supernatural crowning.
• When Merlin first meets Arthur he is nine-years-old living in Galava with Count Ector.
• Arthur has no idea he is of noble birth.
• Merlin falls from his horse and injures his hand.
• Merlin takes this opportunity to tell an enchanted tale of Arthur's birth to the young goat herd who is attending to him.
• Back on his horse, Merlin comes across King Uther, but the king does not even look at him.
• Merlin awakens at camp in Dimilioc, drugged with poppy and his wounds bandaged.
• He overhears Uther's physician, Gandar, and the doctor's assistant talking about him.
• He hears other voices as well, and is comforted when they discuss the fact that Merlin will recover from his battle wounds just fine.
• Merlin recounts the attack on himself...
This section contains 4,201 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)