|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the attorney of the mother her performed surgery on her own son in "Based Upon a True Story"?
2. What are the names of the twins in "Christmas Means Giving"?
3. What do the Cottinghams send out for a Christmas card?
4. Who does Thaddeus Bristol blame for most the problems with "A Christmas Carol" performance?
5. How many wives has Jim Timothy had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Thaddeus Bristol's complaint about the performance at Sacred Heart Elementary?
2. What does the narrator discover happens to his sons after he gives them to the beggar?
3. Who is Jim Timothy?
4. How does "Christmas Means Giving" end?
5. What is the premise of "A Reindeer's Gift"?
6. What is Jim Timothy's definition of Art?
7. Who is Jim Timothy addressing in "Based Upon A True Story"?
8. What do the Cottingham's and then narrator give to the beggar starting on the next Thanksgiving?
9. Why is Jim Timothy interested in one of the church members?
10. What are some of the mini-series that Jim Timothy has produced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the irony of the situation for the following characters: Jocelyn Dunbar, young David Sedaris and Jim Timothy.
Essay Topic 2
What is the lasting impression that "Holidays on Ice" makes on the reader? What do you think the author's intent was in writing this story collection?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of The Walrus and the Santa who never goes out of character in the story "SantaLand Diaries." How do these characters represent the paradox of the commercial Christmas?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)