|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each performance receive from the audience, according to Thaddeus Bristol?
2. What does the mother who performed surgery on her own son say saved him in "Based Upon a True Story"?
3. Who does Thaddeus Bristol blame for most the problems with "A Christmas Carol" performance?
4. How long after the miraculous surgery in "Based Upon a True Story" does the boy die?
5. How much cash is Jim Timothy offering each member of the church congregation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jim Timothy interested in one of the church members?
2. What is Jim Timothy's definition of Art?
3. What has been the trajectory of Jim Timothy's career?
4. What does Thaddeus Bristol conclude about parental encouragement?
5. What is the premise of 'Front Row Center with Thaddeus Bristol "?
6. What does Thaddeus Bristol see as the flaws in "A Reindeer's Gift" at Scottsfield Elementary?
7. What does Jim Timothy offer the members of the congregation if they help him?
8. What did Thaddeus Bristol have to say about the performances of Mary and Joseph in the Sacred Heart Elementary school play?
9. How does the giving contest become gruesome in "Christmas Means Giving"?
10. What do the Cottingham's usually send out as a Christmas card?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the lasting impression that "Holidays on Ice" makes on the reader? What do you think the author's intent was in writing this story collection?
Essay Topic 2
What is the irony of SantaLand? What does "SantaLand Diaries" illustrate about the modern American Christmas season?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of misguided expectations and how it resonates throughout the book.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)