|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages of forms does Sedaris fill out for his elf application?
2. Sedaris dreams of writing for ___________.
(a) General Hospital.
(b) One Life to Live.
(c) All My Children.
(d) Days of Our Lives.
3. Where does Sedaris arrive in New York City?
(a) Port Authority.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Penn Station.
4. The SantaLand ad promises _________.
(d) Good pay.
5. Sedaris's father believes jobs ________.
(a) Build bank accounts.
(b) Interfere with homework.
(c) Improve integrity.
(d) Build character.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everything about the_______ intimidates Sedaris in SantaLand.
2. According to Sedaris, Sallie Mae is located where?
3. How old is Khe Sahn Dunbar?
4. What does Sedaris decide to wear for the Christmas season he works at the cafeteria?
5. Lisa agrees to give Sedaris unlimited use of her ________ to get him to go somewhere with her on birthday.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jocelyn Dunbar treat Khe Sahn?
2. Where do David and Lisa Sedaris get jobs at their father's urging to gain after school employment?
3. What does David think about while he washes dishes at the cafeteria?
4. What does Sedaris find annoying about his co-workers at SantaLand?
5. What is the decor of the Piccadilly Cafeteria like?
6. What does the SantaLand training for elves include?
7. What is the best experience that Sedaris has while working at SantaLand?
8. Why does David decide to boycott Christmas while working at the cafeteria?
9. What happens when Lisa drags David to a house in a poor neighborhood?
10. What is the one bright spot in Jocelyn Dunbar's Christmas newsletter?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)