|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. SantaLand is part of Macy's ___________.
(a) Grand Central Station.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Herald Square
(d) Times Square.
2. What is Sedaris's job at the cafeteria?
(a) Meat carver.
(b) Dish washer.
(c) Salad prep.
(d) Steam tables.
3. Sedaris hopes to gain wisdom from the _______ that work at the cafeteria with him.
4. Sedaris says he wants to be an elf because it is a _________ career opportunity.
5. What is the name of the neighbor who reports seeing Jocelyn Dunbar on the afternoon of the murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing they sell in SantaLand?
2. Where does Lisa take the phone to have a private conversation?
3. How many of Santa's visitors does Sedaris estimate are adults?
4. Christmas is causing Sedaris to have a(n) _________ in "Dinah, the Christmas Whore."
5. One afternoon they set a record at SantaLand by getting _______ people through in one hour.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the best experience that Sedaris has while working at SantaLand?
2. How does Jim Timothy's studio gain the rights to real life stories?
3. What do the Cottingham's usually send out as a Christmas card?
4. How does the giving contest become gruesome in "Christmas Means Giving"?
5. What happens one Thanksgiving when a beggar knocks on the narrator's door in "Christmas Means Giving"?
6. What is the premise of "A Reindeer's Gift"?
7. How does "Christmas Means Giving" end?
8. Whose performance receives the only compliment from Thaddeus Bristol?
9. What does Sedaris have to go through to be hired at SantaLand?
10. What is the one bright spot in Jocelyn Dunbar's Christmas newsletter?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)