|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sedaris's first job at SantaLand?
(a) Photo Elf.
(b) Magic Star.
(c) Elf Island.
(d) Maze Elf.
2. What show does Khe Sahn watch to learn English?
(a) Law and Order.
(b) Sesame Street.
(c) Evening news.
(d) American Idol.
3. What city do David and Lisa Sedaris live in?
(c) St. Louis.
4. What name do the Dunbar's call Jackelyn's baby?
5. What item of Dinah's do the Sedaris girls try on?
(b) Mink coat.
(c) Rabbit coat.
(d) False eyelashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What birthday is Lisa celebrating when she gets a mysterious phone call during dinner?
2. How long has Sedaris been in New York at the beginning of "SantaLand Diaries?"
3. How old is Sedaris is "SantaLand Diaries"?
4. Sedaris hopes to gain wisdom from the _______ that work at the cafeteria with him.
5. Sedaris graciously accepts leaflets from someone dressed as a ______ .
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jocelyn Dunbar being accused of baby Don's murder?
2. What are some of the experiences Sedaris has with the adults who visit SantaLand?
3. How does Jocelyn Dunbar treat Khe Sahn?
4. Why does David try to draw epiphanies from the released convicts he works with at the cafeteria?
5. What happens when Lisa drags David to a house in a poor neighborhood?
6. What is the premise of "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
7. What happens the day that Jocelyn asks Khe Sahn to watch baby Don?
8. What does David think about while he washes dishes at the cafeteria?
9. Where do David and Lisa Sedaris get jobs at their father's urging to gain after school employment?
10. What does Sedaris have to go through to be hired at SantaLand?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)