|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor who reports seeing Jocelyn Dunbar on the afternoon of the murder?
2. What time is Sedaris's plane supposed to leave in "SantaLand Diaries"?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
3. Joceylyn Dunbar compares Khe Sahn to what?
(c) Siamese cat.
4. What item of Dinah's do the Sedaris girls try on?
(a) False eyelashes.
(c) Mink coat.
(d) Rabbit coat.
5. Sedaris graciously accepts leaflets from someone dressed as a ______ .
(c) Hot dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What birthday is Lisa celebrating when she gets a mysterious phone call during dinner?
2. How long was Clifford Dunbar married the first time?
3. How long does it take the police to get the Dunbars home after Jocelyn calls them?
4. Sedaris compares Sallie Mae to a __________.
5. What does Khe Sahn wear to the Dunbar Thanksgiving dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose performance receives the only compliment from Thaddeus Bristol?
2. What reservations does David Sedaris have about wearing a costume for employment?
3. What is the purpose of the narrator's Christmas card in "Christmas Means Giving"?
4. How does Jim Timothy's studio gain the rights to real life stories?
5. What happens when the Cottingham family move into next door to the narrator in "Christmas Means Giving"?
6. What is the great choice that Jim Timothy suggests the people of Jasper's Breath have in front of them?
7. How does "Christmas Means Giving" end?
8. Who is Khe Sahn in "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
9. What does Thaddeus Bristol see as the irony in the Christmas pageants he critiques?
10. How does the giving contest become gruesome in "Christmas Means Giving"?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)