|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lisa take the phone to have a private conversation?
2. Jocelyn Dunbar's motto is "A family is not a ___________."
(a) Good time.
(d) Charitable organization.
3. What is the name of the cafeteria where Lisa Sedaris gets a job?
(d) K & W.
4. What is Kevin Dunbar majoring in at college?
(a) Chemical engineering.
(b) Vietnamese history.
5. Everything about the_______ intimidates Sedaris in SantaLand.
(b) Holiday season.
(c) Elf costume.
(d) Cash register.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname Cliff Dunbar gives to his grandson?
2. How old is Kyle Dunbar?
3. Sedaris's father believes jobs ________.
4. In a previous interview, Sedaris said he liked the ________.
5. Sedaris hopes to gain wisdom from the _______ that work at the cafeteria with him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is David's opinion of his sister Lisa?
2. What happens when Lisa and David take Dinah home with them?
3. What happens while the Sedaris family is eating dinner to celebrate Lisa's eighteenth birthday?
4. What does Sedaris find annoying about his co-workers at SantaLand?
5. What does Sedaris have to go through to be hired at SantaLand?
6. What happens the day that Jocelyn asks Khe Sahn to watch baby Don?
7. Why does David decide to boycott Christmas while working at the cafeteria?
8. What does Sedaris come to realize as increasing numbers of customers go through the line at Piccadilly cafeteria?
9. What is the premise of "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
10. What does Joceyln Dunbar have to say about her neighbor Cherise Clarmont-Shea?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)