|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The SantaLand ad promises _________.
(b) Good pay.
2. Sedaris hopes to gain wisdom from the _______ that work at the cafeteria with him.
3. How quickly could Santa and elf Sedaris get kids on and off Santa's lap on Christmas Eve?
(a) 90 seconds.
(b) 30 seconds.
(c) 45 seconds.
(d) 60 seconds.
4. What is Sedaris's elf name?
5. What is Sedaris's favorite job at SantaLand?
(a) Photo Elf.
(b) Maze Elf.
(c) Pointer Elf.
(d) Usher Elf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khe Sahn wear to the Dunbar Thanksgiving dinner?
2. How long has Sedaris been in New York at the beginning of "SantaLand Diaries?"
3. Jocelyn Dunbar's motto is "A family is not a ___________."
4. What does Khe Sahn's interpreter want to be paid to teach her English?
5. What kind of tattoo does Jackelyn Dunbar's husband have on his neck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jocelyn Dunbar being accused of baby Don's murder?
2. What happens the day that Jocelyn asks Khe Sahn to watch baby Don?
3. What happens while the Sedaris family is eating dinner to celebrate Lisa's eighteenth birthday?
4. What happens when Sedaris goes to work at SantaLand on Christmas Eve?
5. What is Jocelyn Dunbar's youngest son like?
6. Why does David decide to boycott Christmas while working at the cafeteria?
7. What happens when Sedaris tries to help a particularly harried mother one day?
8. What reservations does David Sedaris have about wearing a costume for employment?
9. Where do David and Lisa Sedaris get jobs at their father's urging to gain after school employment?
10. Who is Khe Sahn in "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)