|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sedaris, Sallie Mae is located where?
(b) New York.
2. How long does it take the police to get the Dunbars home after Jocelyn calls them?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 27 minutes.
(c) 24 minutes.
(d) 26 minutes.
3. What is Sedaris's reaction to seeing the SantaLand ad?
4. How old is Khe Sahn Dunbar?
5. The SantaLand ad promises _________.
(a) Good pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sedaris picture Socrates helping after he loses his memory?
2. What kind of soap does Kyle Dunbar use for carving gnomes?
3. What is the legal name of Jackelyn Dunbar's baby?
4. How long has Sedaris been in New York at the beginning of "SantaLand Diaries?"
5. Sedaris's father believes jobs ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has been the trajectory of Jim Timothy's career?
2. What is the one bright spot in Jocelyn Dunbar's Christmas newsletter?
3. What do the Cottingham's usually send out as a Christmas card?
4. What does Sedaris come to realize as increasing numbers of customers go through the line at Piccadilly cafeteria?
5. What does the middle-aged Sedaris dream of doing?
6. What are some of the experiences Sedaris has with the adults who visit SantaLand?
7. What are Jocelyn Dunbar's complaints about Khe Sahn?
8. Whose performance receives the only compliment from Thaddeus Bristol?
9. What does the narrator discover happens to his sons after he gives them to the beggar?
10. What is the premise of "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)