Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedaris says he wants to be an elf because it is a _________ career opportunity.
2. How old is Sedaris is "SantaLand Diaries"?
3. What was the name of Clifford Dunbar's first wife?
(a) Dana Babson.
(b) Doll Babcock.
(c) Cheryl Kerr.
(d) Babs Swint.
4. What is the name of the cafeteria where Lisa Sedaris gets a job?
(a) K & W.
5. What does David try to get Lisa to listen to on the radio as they are driving somewhere on her birthday?
(b) Classical music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Jocelyn Dunbar's hearing?
2. Jocelyn Dunbar refers to her family's tragedy as what in the first paragraph of "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
3. Sedaris believes his sister Lisa's greatest desire was to be _________.
4. Who does Sedaris discuss the Santa/Satan connection with?
5. What time is Sedaris's plane supposed to leave in "SantaLand Diaries"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the experiences Sedaris has with the adults who visit SantaLand?
2. What reservations does David Sedaris have about wearing a costume for employment?
3. What does David think about while he washes dishes at the cafeteria?
4. What is the great choice that Jim Timothy suggests the people of Jasper's Breath have in front of them?
5. What does Jim Timothy offer the members of the congregation if they help him?
6. What happens when Sedaris goes to work at SantaLand on Christmas Eve?
7. What happens when the Cottingham family move into next door to the narrator in "Christmas Means Giving"?
8. What does the SantaLand training for elves include?
9. Whose performance receives the only compliment from Thaddeus Bristol?
10. What does the middle-aged Sedaris dream of doing?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)