|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The SantaLand ad promises _________.
(a) Good pay.
2. Where does Sedaris picture Socrates helping after he loses his memory?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Santa Fe.
3. How old is Khe Sahn Dunbar?
4. Who drew Sedaris' name for family gift giving in "Dinah, the Christmas Whore"?
(b) Mr. Sedaris.
5. Sedaris compares Sallie Mae to a __________.
(c) Sexy lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Khe Sahn from?
2. Where did Sedaris apply for a job the day before seeing the SanatLand ad?
3. What does David try to get Lisa to listen to on the radio as they are driving somewhere on her birthday?
4. What does Khe Sahn wear to the Dunbar Thanksgiving dinner?
5. What city do David and Lisa Sedaris live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the middle-aged Sedaris dream of doing?
2. What happens the day that Jocelyn asks Khe Sahn to watch baby Don?
3. What happens when Lisa drags David to a house in a poor neighborhood?
4. What are some of the experiences Sedaris has with the adults who visit SantaLand?
5. What is Jocelyn Dunbar's youngest son like?
6. What does Jocelyn report is going on with the Dunbar's daughter?
7. What is the one bright spot in Jocelyn Dunbar's Christmas newsletter?
8. What does Sedaris find annoying about his co-workers at SantaLand?
9. What reservations does David Sedaris have about wearing a costume for employment?
10. What does Joceyln Dunbar have to say about her neighbor Cherise Clarmont-Shea?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)