|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedaris says he wants to be an elf because it is a _________ career opportunity.
2. Where does Sedaris picture Socrates helping after he loses his memory?
(b) Santa Fe.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) St. Louis.
3. Where is baby Don found dead in the house?
(a) The dryer.
(b) Under a bed.
(c) A closet.
(d) The washer.
4. What birthday is Lisa celebrating when she gets a mysterious phone call during dinner?
5. What kind of soap does Kyle Dunbar use for carving gnomes?
(a) Irish Spring.
(d) Petal soft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sedaris feel for the shoppers who come to eat at the cafeteria where he works?
2. Sedaris's father believes jobs ________.
3. Sedaris compares Sallie Mae to a __________.
4. What kind of tattoo does Jackelyn Dunbar's husband have on his neck?
5. In a previous interview, Sedaris said he liked the ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the experiences Sedaris has with the adults who visit SantaLand?
2. What happens when Sedaris tries to help a particularly harried mother one day?
3. What does David think about while he washes dishes at the cafeteria?
4. What happens while the Sedaris family is eating dinner to celebrate Lisa's eighteenth birthday?
5. What does Sedaris have to go through to be hired at SantaLand?
6. Why does David try to draw epiphanies from the released convicts he works with at the cafeteria?
7. What is the premise of "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
8. What does Sedaris find annoying about his co-workers at SantaLand?
9. What is David's opinion of his sister Lisa?
10. How does Jocelyn Dunbar treat Khe Sahn?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)