|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lisa agrees to give Sedaris unlimited use of her ________ to get him to go somewhere with her on birthday.
2. According to Sedaris, Sallie Mae is located where?
(a) New York.
3. What show does Khe Sahn watch to learn English?
(a) American Idol.
(b) Law and Order.
(c) Evening news.
(d) Sesame Street.
4. What is the date of the day that Jocelyn Dunbar leaves Khe Sahn in charge of the baby?
(b) December 18.
(c) December 14.
(d) December 16.
5. What is the feeling Sedaris has for his sister Lisa at the end of "Dinah, the Christmas Whore"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sedaris discuss the Santa/Satan connection with?
2. Sedaris dreams of writing for ___________.
3. What did Sedaris see someone dressed as and handing out leaflets on Lexington Avenue?
4. What is Kevin Dunbar majoring in at college?
5. Everything about the_______ intimidates Sedaris in SantaLand.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the day that Jocelyn asks Khe Sahn to watch baby Don?
2. What happens when Sedaris goes to work at SantaLand on Christmas Eve?
3. What are Jocelyn Dunbar's complaints about Khe Sahn?
4. What is David's opinion of his sister Lisa?
5. What happens when Sedaris tries to help a particularly harried mother one day?
6. What is the best experience that Sedaris has while working at SantaLand?
7. What happens when Lisa drags David to a house in a poor neighborhood?
8. What does Sedaris find annoying about his co-workers at SantaLand?
9. What does Sedaris have to go through to be hired at SantaLand?
10. What is the premise of "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)