|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dinah's boyfriend?
2. What is Kevin Dunbar majoring in at college?
(c) Vietnamese history.
(d) Chemical engineering.
3. SantaLand is part of Macy's ___________.
(a) Grand Central Station.
(b) Herald Square
(c) Times Square.
(d) Central Park.
4. What is the date of the day that Jocelyn Dunbar leaves Khe Sahn in charge of the baby?
(a) December 18.
(b) December 16.
(c) December 14.
5. Sedaris likes to tell customers at SantaLand that their pictures will arrive in ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soap does Kyle Dunbar use for carving gnomes?
2. Where is Khe Sahn from?
3. Which is Sedaris's least favorite job at SantaLand?
4. What is the feeling Sedaris has for his sister Lisa at the end of "Dinah, the Christmas Whore"?
5. Sedaris's father believes jobs ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David try to draw epiphanies from the released convicts he works with at the cafeteria?
2. What is the best experience that Sedaris has while working at SantaLand?
3. What does David think about while he washes dishes at the cafeteria?
4. What happens when Lisa and David take Dinah home with them?
5. What does Sedaris have to go through to be hired at SantaLand?
6. What does Joceyln Dunbar have to say about her neighbor Cherise Clarmont-Shea?
7. What is Jocelyn Dunbar's youngest son like?
8. What is the decor of the Piccadilly Cafeteria like?
9. What happens when Lisa drags David to a house in a poor neighborhood?
10. What happens the day that Jocelyn asks Khe Sahn to watch baby Don?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)