|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sedaris's reaction to seeing the SantaLand ad?
2. What is the date of the day that Jocelyn Dunbar leaves Khe Sahn in charge of the baby?
(a) December 16.
(c) December 14.
(d) December 18.
3. What is the name of the neighbor who reports seeing Jocelyn Dunbar on the afternoon of the murder?
4. Where is Sedaris's first job at SantaLand?
(a) Elf Island.
(b) Magic Star.
(c) Photo Elf.
(d) Maze Elf.
5. Who does Sedaris discuss the Santa/Satan connection with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David try to get Lisa to listen to on the radio as they are driving somewhere on her birthday?
2. What is Sedaris's elf name?
3. Who is the most adorable elf in SantaLand?
4. Sedaris believes his sister Lisa's greatest desire was to be _________.
5. What day does Khe Sahn arrive at the Dunbar home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sedaris tries to help a particularly harried mother one day?
2. What happens one Thanksgiving when a beggar knocks on the narrator's door in "Christmas Means Giving"?
3. What does Sedaris find annoying about his co-workers at SantaLand?
4. How does "Christmas Means Giving" end?
5. What does Thaddeus Bristol conclude about parental encouragement?
6. Who is Jim Timothy?
7. What does Sedaris come to realize as increasing numbers of customers go through the line at Piccadilly cafeteria?
8. What does Thaddeus Bristol see as the irony in the Christmas pageants he critiques?
9. What is the purpose of the narrator's Christmas card in "Christmas Means Giving"?
10. How does Jocelyn Dunbar treat Khe Sahn?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)