|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One afternoon they set a record at SantaLand by getting _______ people through in one hour.
2. What is Sedaris's job at the cafeteria?
(a) Salad prep.
(b) Dish washer.
(c) Meat carver.
(d) Steam tables.
3. At Sedaris's cafeteria, the customer is always ________.
4. How many letters did Clifford Dunbar send to his wife while he was in the service?
5. What item of Dinah's do the Sedaris girls try on?
(a) Mink coat.
(b) False eyelashes.
(d) Rabbit coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town the Dunbar's live in?
2. What does Khe Sahn's interpreter want to be paid to teach her English?
3. What famous visitor to SantaLand does Sedaris point out to everyone?
4. How long was Clifford Dunbar married the first time?
5. How long has Sedaris been in New York at the beginning of "SantaLand Diaries?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jocelyn Dunbar's complaints about Khe Sahn?
2. What does Jocelyn report is going on with the Dunbar's daughter?
3. What does Joceyln Dunbar have to say about her neighbor Cherise Clarmont-Shea?
4. What reservations does David Sedaris have about wearing a costume for employment?
5. What is the decor of the Piccadilly Cafeteria like?
6. What does the SantaLand training for elves include?
7. What does the middle-aged Sedaris dream of doing?
8. Why does David try to draw epiphanies from the released convicts he works with at the cafeteria?
9. What does Sedaris have to go through to be hired at SantaLand?
10. Who is Khe Sahn in "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)