|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joceylyn Dunbar compares Khe Sahn to what?
(a) Siamese cat.
2. How long has Sedaris been in New York at the beginning of "SantaLand Diaries?"
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
3. The SantaLand ad promises _________.
(a) Good pay.
4. Where does Sedaris arrive in New York City?
(a) Times Square.
(b) Port Authority.
(c) Penn Station.
(d) Grand Central Station.
5. What was the name of Clifford Dunbar's first wife?
(a) Dana Babson.
(b) Doll Babcock.
(c) Cheryl Kerr.
(d) Babs Swint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sedaris is "SantaLand Diaries"?
2. Jocelyn Dunbar's motto is "A family is not a ___________."
3. What is the date of the day that Jocelyn Dunbar leaves Khe Sahn in charge of the baby?
4. Sedaris dreams of writing for ___________.
5. What does Sedaris feel for the shoppers who come to eat at the cafeteria where he works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one bright spot in Jocelyn Dunbar's Christmas newsletter?
2. What happens when Lisa and David take Dinah home with them?
3. What are some of the jobs Sedaris does as Crumpet the elf?
4. What are some of the experiences Sedaris has with the adults who visit SantaLand?
5. What are Jocelyn Dunbar's complaints about Khe Sahn?
6. What does Sedaris find annoying about his co-workers at SantaLand?
7. Who is Khe Sahn in "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
8. Why does David try to draw epiphanies from the released convicts he works with at the cafeteria?
9. Why is Jocelyn Dunbar being accused of baby Don's murder?
10. What is David's opinion of his sister Lisa?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)