|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Sedaris been in New York at the beginning of "SantaLand Diaries?"
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
2. Who does Sedaris discuss the Santa/Satan connection with?
3. What is the name of the town the Dunbar's live in?
(a) White Paw.
(b) White Castle.
(c) South Paw.
(d) South Castle.
4. What is the legal name of Jackelyn Dunbar's baby?
(a) Devil Dunbar.
(b) God Goode.
(c) Satan Speaks.
(d) Jesus Christ.
5. What does David try to get Lisa to listen to on the radio as they are driving somewhere on her birthday?
(b) Classical music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sedaris hopes to end every episode of "Socrates and Company" with what?
2. According to Sedaris, Sallie Mae is located where?
3. What is the name of the cafeteria where Sedaris gets a job?
4. How old is Sedaris is "SantaLand Diaries"?
5. What city do David and Lisa Sedaris live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the decor of the Piccadilly Cafeteria like?
2. What does Sedaris come to realize as increasing numbers of customers go through the line at Piccadilly cafeteria?
3. What happens the day that Jocelyn asks Khe Sahn to watch baby Don?
4. How does Jocelyn Dunbar treat Khe Sahn?
5. What does the middle-aged Sedaris dream of doing?
6. What are Jocelyn Dunbar's complaints about Khe Sahn?
7. What happens when Lisa drags David to a house in a poor neighborhood?
8. What does David think about while he washes dishes at the cafeteria?
9. What happens when Sedaris tries to help a particularly harried mother one day?
10. What reservations does David Sedaris have about wearing a costume for employment?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)