|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town the Dunbar's live in?
(a) South Paw.
(b) South Castle.
(c) White Castle.
(d) White Paw.
2. Christmas is causing Sedaris to have a(n) _________ in "Dinah, the Christmas Whore."
(a) Moral dilemma.
(b) Ethical dilemma.
(c) Existential crisis.
(d) Identity crisis.
3. What is Kevin Dunbar majoring in at college?
(a) Vietnamese history.
(d) Chemical engineering.
4. What kind of tattoo does Jackelyn Dunbar's husband have on his neck?
5. What was the name of Clifford Dunbar's first wife?
(a) Babs Swint.
(b) Cheryl Kerr.
(c) Doll Babcock.
(d) Dana Babson.
6. SantaLand is part of Macy's ___________.
(a) Central Park.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Grand Central Station.
(d) Herald Square
7. What did Sedaris see someone dressed as and handing out leaflets on Lexington Avenue?
(b) Hot dog.
8. What show does Khe Sahn watch to learn English?
(a) Evening news.
(b) Sesame Street.
(c) American Idol.
(d) Law and Order.
9. What is the name of the cafeteria where Sedaris gets a job?
(a) K & W.
10. At Sedaris's cafeteria, the customer is always ________.
11. Where is baby Don found dead in the house?
(a) The dryer.
(b) The washer.
(c) A closet.
(d) Under a bed.
12. The SantaLand ad promises _________.
(d) Good pay.
13. One afternoon they set a record at SantaLand by getting _______ people through in one hour.
14. In "Dinah, the Christmas Whore" Sedaris compares mall shoppers to what?
15. What is the legal name of Jackelyn Dunbar's baby?
(a) Devil Dunbar.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) God Goode.
(d) Satan Speaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous visitor to SantaLand does Sedaris point out to everyone?
2. Where is Sedaris's first job at SantaLand?
3. What is the first name of Khe Sahn Dunbar's interpreter?
4. Jocelyn Dunbar refers to her family's tragedy as what in the first paragraph of "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
5. How much money does Lisa give Sedaris to get him to go somewhere with her on the birthday?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)