|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
2. What happens when Stanley finds a large object upside-down in the middle of desert when he is walking alone after the water truck incident?
3. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
4. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
5. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
2. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
3. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
4. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
5. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
6. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
7. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
8. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
9. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
10. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the reasons that Elya Yelnats ran away without fulfilling his promise to Madam Zeroni. Madam Zeroni knew that the woman Elya wanted to marry was not a prize to be sought after. Did Madam Zeroni know that Elya would leave?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Warden's personality. Why does she treat Mr. Sir and Mr. Pendanski harshly? Does she treat the children better or the counselors?
Essay Topic 3
Stanley Yelnats has been sent to Camp Green Lake although he did nothing wrong. How would the story have changed, and the reader's perception changed, had Stanley been guilty of a crime?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)