|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills some of the holes that Stanley jumps over while walking through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
2. What did Zero do that got him put in Camp Green Lake?
3. What happens when the lawyer asks to see Zero's paperwork?
4. Why did Linda Miller marry Trout Walker?
5. What does Zigzag offer Stanley that starts a fight in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
2. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
3. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
4. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
5. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
6. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
7. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
8. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
9. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
10. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mr. Pendanski's personality. Is he as abusive to the children as Mr. Sir? Why was Mr. Pendanski willing to take the abuse dished out by the warden? Why did Mr. Pendanski insist on treating Zero like he was stupid?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the situations and actions that had to arise in order to assure that Madam Zeroni's and Elya Yelnats' descendants were both at Green Lake at the same time. Was this luck or destiny? Why did Green Lake's drought seemingly begin and end with the Yelnats' family curse?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Zero and Stanley to that of the relationship between Madam Zeroni and Elya Yelnats.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)