|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Linda Miller marry Trout Walker?
2. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
3. What did Kate do as she died?
4. What/who does Stanley refuse to leave Camp Green Lake without?
5. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
Essay Topic 1
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the importance that race plays for the characters in the book. In what ways is Sam and Kate's struggle with racism similar to that of the problem that Zero and Stanley face while at camp? In what ways is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mr. Pendanski's personality. Is he as abusive to the children as Mr. Sir? Why was Mr. Pendanski willing to take the abuse dished out by the warden? Why did Mr. Pendanski insist on treating Zero like he was stupid?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)