|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
2. What happens when Stanley finds a large object upside-down in the middle of desert when he is walking alone after the water truck incident?
3. What happens when Stanley is in the water truck?
4. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
5. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
2. What happened when Trout came back to Green Lake?
3. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
4. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
5. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
6. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
7. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
8. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
9. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
10. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
Essay Topic 2
Take a look at Kate Barlow's character. Describe the change that takes place when Sam is killed. What shows the change that has happened to her other than the change in her name? (from Kate Barlow to Kissing Kate Barlow)
Essay Topic 3
Speculate on the reasons that X-Ray is the head of the boys at Tent D. What characteristics does X-Ray have that put him in a position of authority? Why is X-Ray unable to congratulate Stanley and Zero when they are released from camp?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)