|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the lawyer asks to see Zero's paperwork?
2. What does Mr. Pendanski say Stanley should be trying to teach reading to rather than Zero?
3. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
4. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
5. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
2. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
3. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
4. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
5. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
6. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
7. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
8. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
9. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
10. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
Essay Topic 2
1) List several of the boys in Tent D at Camp Green Lake. In what ways are these boys alike?In what ways are they different? Would each of the boys characters fall under "Bad" or "Good"?
Essay Topic 3
Speculate on the reasons that X-Ray is the head of the boys at Tent D. What characteristics does X-Ray have that put him in a position of authority? Why is X-Ray unable to congratulate Stanley and Zero when they are released from camp?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)