|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
2. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
3. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
4. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
5. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is significant about Hector Zeroni's nickname, "Zero"? Is it possible that both the Zeroni and the Yelnats families were effected by the curse?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between Stanley Yelnats and his family. How does this relationship differ from the other kids shown at camp? In what way could Stanley's family relationship have been better?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ways that Sam's onions helped Stanley and Zero in the book. In what ways is this different that the way they had helped the town so long ago? In what ways is it similar?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)