|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills some of the holes that Stanley jumps over while walking through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
2. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
3. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
4. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
5. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
2. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
3. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
4. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
5. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
6. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
7. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
8. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
9. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
10. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the ways that Sam's onions helped Stanley and Zero in the book. In what ways is this different that the way they had helped the town so long ago? In what ways is it similar?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mr. Pendanski's personality. Is he as abusive to the children as Mr. Sir? Why was Mr. Pendanski willing to take the abuse dished out by the warden? Why did Mr. Pendanski insist on treating Zero like he was stupid?
Essay Topic 3
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)