|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
2. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
3. What job does the tall man with Stanley's lawyer have?
4. What do the warden and other counselors do when they see the boys covered by deadly creatures in the hole?
5. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
2. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
3. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
4. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
5. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
6. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
7. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
8. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
9. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
10. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) List several of the boys in Tent D at Camp Green Lake. In what ways are these boys alike?In what ways are they different? Would each of the boys characters fall under "Bad" or "Good"?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ways that Sam's onions helped Stanley and Zero in the book. In what ways is this different that the way they had helped the town so long ago? In what ways is it similar?
Essay Topic 3
There are many things that Stanley believes to be bad luck because of his family curse. Explain how each thing that happened to him could be looked at as a positive thing since Stanley eventually found the fortune buried by Kate Barlow.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)