|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
2. What do the counselors do when Zero runs away?
3. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
4. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
5. What does Stanley tell Zero the onion is that they find atop the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
2. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
3. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
4. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
5. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
6. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
7. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
8. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
9. What happened when Trout came back to Green Lake?
10. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mr. Pendanski's personality. Is he as abusive to the children as Mr. Sir? Why was Mr. Pendanski willing to take the abuse dished out by the warden? Why did Mr. Pendanski insist on treating Zero like he was stupid?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between Stanley Yelnats and his family. How does this relationship differ from the other kids shown at camp? In what way could Stanley's family relationship have been better?
Essay Topic 3
Speculate on the reasons that X-Ray is the head of the boys at Tent D. What characteristics does X-Ray have that put him in a position of authority? Why is X-Ray unable to congratulate Stanley and Zero when they are released from camp?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)