Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows Stanley to see the rock that looks like a thumb against the night sky?
2. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
3. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
4. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
5. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Warden's personality. Why does she treat Mr. Sir and Mr. Pendanski harshly? Does she treat the children better or the counselors?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role Trout Walker's character played in the following:
1) The story of Kate and Sam.
2) The story of Stanley and Zero's story.
3) The book 'Holes' overall.
Essay Topic 3
There are many things that Stanley believes to be bad luck because of his family curse. Explain how each thing that happened to him could be looked at as a positive thing since Stanley eventually found the fortune buried by Kate Barlow.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)