|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it that had made Gladys Tennyson's daughter sick?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 35, what does Stanley tell Zero that they need to do?
3. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
4. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
5. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
2. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
3. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
4. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
5. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
6. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
7. Why does Stanley want to go back to camp so badly after finding Zero in the desert?
8. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
9. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
10. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Mr. Sir choose to refuse Stanly any water after Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds were taken? Could there have been better punishment? Describe Mr. Sir and Stanley's stand off regarding the water and what it's really about.
Essay Topic 2
Take a look at Kate Barlow's character. Describe the change that takes place when Sam is killed. What shows the change that has happened to her other than the change in her name? (from Kate Barlow to Kissing Kate Barlow)
Essay Topic 3
Look at Zero's personality. Why did Zero hit Mr. Pendanski with a shovel? Why would Zero refuse to go back to camp when it was likely he would die in the desert? Why was Zero so willing to dig for Stanley and to fight for him when Zigzag attacked?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)