|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Zero put the famous sneakers he stole that eventually got Stanley in trouble?
2. Why did Linda Miller marry Trout Walker?
3. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
4. What does Stanley think after what Zero says as he is falling asleep on the mountain?
5. What did Gladys Tennyson run out of her house to tell Sam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
2. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
3. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
4. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
5. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
6. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
7. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
8. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
9. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
10. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Mr. Sir choose to refuse Stanly any water after Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds were taken? Could there have been better punishment? Describe Mr. Sir and Stanley's stand off regarding the water and what it's really about.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the situations and actions that had to arise in order to assure that Madam Zeroni's and Elya Yelnats' descendants were both at Green Lake at the same time. Was this luck or destiny? Why did Green Lake's drought seemingly begin and end with the Yelnats' family curse?
Essay Topic 3
Stanley Yelnats has been sent to Camp Green Lake although he did nothing wrong. How would the story have changed, and the reader's perception changed, had Stanley been guilty of a crime?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)