|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
2. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
3. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
4. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
5. What did Zero do that got him put in Camp Green Lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
2. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
3. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
4. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
5. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
6. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
7. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
8. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
9. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
10. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
Essay Topic 2
What is significant about Hector Zeroni's nickname, "Zero"? Is it possible that both the Zeroni and the Yelnats families were effected by the curse?
Essay Topic 3
Look at Zero's personality. Why did Zero hit Mr. Pendanski with a shovel? Why would Zero refuse to go back to camp when it was likely he would die in the desert? Why was Zero so willing to dig for Stanley and to fight for him when Zigzag attacked?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)