|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pendanski do because Mr. Sir refuses to give Stanley a fair share of water?
2. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
3. What do Stanley and Zero joke is waiting for them on the top of the mountain?
4. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
5. What happens when Stanley is in the water truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
2. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
3. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
4. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
5. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
6. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
7. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
8. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
9. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
10. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stanley Yelnats has been sent to Camp Green Lake although he did nothing wrong. How would the story have changed, and the reader's perception changed, had Stanley been guilty of a crime?
Essay Topic 2
Take a look at Kate Barlow's character. Describe the change that takes place when Sam is killed. What shows the change that has happened to her other than the change in her name? (from Kate Barlow to Kissing Kate Barlow)
Essay Topic 3
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)