|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
2. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
3. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
4. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
5. Where did Zero put the famous sneakers he stole that eventually got Stanley in trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
2. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
3. What happened when Trout came back to Green Lake?
4. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
5. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
6. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
7. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
8. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
9. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
10. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Warden's personality. Why does she treat Mr. Sir and Mr. Pendanski harshly? Does she treat the children better or the counselors?
Essay Topic 3
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)