|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pendanski say Stanley should be trying to teach reading to rather than Zero?
2. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
3. What was it that had made Gladys Tennyson's daughter sick?
4. What allows Stanley to see the rock that looks like a thumb against the night sky?
5. What does Zero figure out in his head to be 46?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many things that Stanley believes to be bad luck because of his family curse. Explain how each thing that happened to him could be looked at as a positive thing since Stanley eventually found the fortune buried by Kate Barlow.
Essay Topic 2
Take a look at Kate Barlow's character. Describe the change that takes place when Sam is killed. What shows the change that has happened to her other than the change in her name? (from Kate Barlow to Kissing Kate Barlow)
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role Trout Walker's character played in the following:
1) The story of Kate and Sam.
2) The story of Stanley and Zero's story.
3) The book 'Holes' overall.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)