|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
2. What stops the warden from taking the large metal case from the boys in Part 2, Chapter 45?
3. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
4. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
5. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
2. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
3. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
4. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
5. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
6. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
7. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
8. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
9. What stops the warden from taking the metal case from Zero and Stanley?
10. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) List several of the boys in Tent D at Camp Green Lake. In what ways are these boys alike?In what ways are they different? Would each of the boys characters fall under "Bad" or "Good"?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the importance that race plays for the characters in the book. In what ways is Sam and Kate's struggle with racism similar to that of the problem that Zero and Stanley face while at camp? In what ways is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)