|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
2. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
3. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
4. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
5. What was Zero's mother at one point in time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley want to go back to camp so badly after finding Zero in the desert?
2. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
3. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
4. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
5. What happened when Trout came back to Green Lake?
6. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
7. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
8. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
9. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
10. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many changes that take place in Stanley. Compare the differences in Stanley's character from before Camp Green Lake, during the cruelty he endured there, and after he was released and had the fortune.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the reasons that Elya Yelnats ran away without fulfilling his promise to Madam Zeroni. Madam Zeroni knew that the woman Elya wanted to marry was not a prize to be sought after. Did Madam Zeroni know that Elya would leave?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the situations and actions that had to arise in order to assure that Madam Zeroni's and Elya Yelnats' descendants were both at Green Lake at the same time. Was this luck or destiny? Why did Green Lake's drought seemingly begin and end with the Yelnats' family curse?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)