|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
2. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
3. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
4. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
5. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
Essay Topic 1
Stanley Yelnats has been sent to Camp Green Lake although he did nothing wrong. How would the story have changed, and the reader's perception changed, had Stanley been guilty of a crime?
Essay Topic 2
What is significant about Hector Zeroni's nickname, "Zero"? Is it possible that both the Zeroni and the Yelnats families were effected by the curse?
Essay Topic 3
Look at Zero's personality. Why did Zero hit Mr. Pendanski with a shovel? Why would Zero refuse to go back to camp when it was likely he would die in the desert? Why was Zero so willing to dig for Stanley and to fight for him when Zigzag attacked?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)