|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
2. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
3. What killed Kate Barlow?
4. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
5. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
2. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
3. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
4. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
5. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
6. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
7. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
8. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
9. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
10. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mr. Pendanski's personality. Is he as abusive to the children as Mr. Sir? Why was Mr. Pendanski willing to take the abuse dished out by the warden? Why did Mr. Pendanski insist on treating Zero like he was stupid?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role Trout Walker's character played in the following:
1) The story of Kate and Sam.
2) The story of Stanley and Zero's story.
3) The book 'Holes' overall.
Essay Topic 3
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)