Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
2. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
3. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
4. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
5. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
2. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
3. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
4. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
5. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
6. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
7. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
8. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
9. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
10. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
Describe the Warden's personality. Why does she treat Mr. Sir and Mr. Pendanski harshly? Does she treat the children better or the counselors?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)