Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
2. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
3. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
4. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
5. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
2. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
3. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
4. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
5. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
6. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
7. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
8. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
9. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
10. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
Essay Topic 1
1) List several of the boys in Tent D at Camp Green Lake. In what ways are these boys alike?In what ways are they different? Would each of the boys characters fall under "Bad" or "Good"?
Essay Topic 2
Look at Zero's personality. Why did Zero hit Mr. Pendanski with a shovel? Why would Zero refuse to go back to camp when it was likely he would die in the desert? Why was Zero so willing to dig for Stanley and to fight for him when Zigzag attacked?
Essay Topic 3
There are many things that Stanley believes to be bad luck because of his family curse. Explain how each thing that happened to him could be looked at as a positive thing since Stanley eventually found the fortune buried by Kate Barlow.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)