|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
2. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
3. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
4. What does Stanley memorize before he is moved closer to the hole that X-Ray had been digging when he claimed to have found the tube?
5. What is on the object Stanley finds while digging on the third day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
2. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
3. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
4. Describe Camp Green Lake.
5. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
6. What is the nickname Stanley gets at Camp Green Lake, and how does he get it?
7. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
8. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
9. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
10. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) List several of the boys in Tent D at Camp Green Lake. In what ways are these boys alike?In what ways are they different? Would each of the boys characters fall under "Bad" or "Good"?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the reasons that Elya Yelnats ran away without fulfilling his promise to Madam Zeroni. Madam Zeroni knew that the woman Elya wanted to marry was not a prize to be sought after. Did Madam Zeroni know that Elya would leave?
Essay Topic 3
Look at Zero's personality. Why did Zero hit Mr. Pendanski with a shovel? Why would Zero refuse to go back to camp when it was likely he would die in the desert? Why was Zero so willing to dig for Stanley and to fight for him when Zigzag attacked?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)