Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
2. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
3. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
4. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
5. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
2. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
3. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
4. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
5. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
6. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
7. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
8. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
9. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
10. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Mr. Sir choose to refuse Stanly any water after Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds were taken? Could there have been better punishment? Describe Mr. Sir and Stanley's stand off regarding the water and what it's really about.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship between Zero and Stanley to that of the relationship between Madam Zeroni and Elya Yelnats.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the situations and actions that had to arise in order to assure that Madam Zeroni's and Elya Yelnats' descendants were both at Green Lake at the same time. Was this luck or destiny? Why did Green Lake's drought seemingly begin and end with the Yelnats' family curse?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)