|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zero tell Stanley when Stanley asks him to not read over his shoulder?
2. Why was Mr. Walker given the name "Trout"?
3. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
4. What does the warden do after telling Mr. Sir she doesn't care about his sunflower seeds?
5. Why does Zero say he did what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
2. What does X-Ray tell Stanley after Stanley has shown his fossil fish to Mr. Pendanski?
3. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
4. What does Zero want from Stanley?
5. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
6. Describe Camp Green Lake.
7. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
8. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
9. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
10. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Warden's personality. Why does she treat Mr. Sir and Mr. Pendanski harshly? Does she treat the children better or the counselors?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role Trout Walker's character played in the following:
1) The story of Kate and Sam.
2) The story of Stanley and Zero's story.
3) The book 'Holes' overall.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Mr. Sir choose to refuse Stanly any water after Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds were taken? Could there have been better punishment? Describe Mr. Sir and Stanley's stand off regarding the water and what it's really about.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)