|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Stanley over time at the camp?
2. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
3. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
4. What does Stanley refer to the camp as when he writes his mother?
5. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
2. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
3. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
4. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
5. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
6. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
7. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
8. What does Zero want from Stanley?
9. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
10. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
Essay Topic 2
There are many changes that take place in Stanley. Compare the differences in Stanley's character from before Camp Green Lake, during the cruelty he endured there, and after he was released and had the fortune.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role Trout Walker's character played in the following:
1) The story of Kate and Sam.
2) The story of Stanley and Zero's story.
3) The book 'Holes' overall.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)