|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
2. What happens to Stanley over time at the camp?
3. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
4. What does the warden explain is the secret ingredient in her red nail polish?
5. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
2. What does the warden do to Mr. Pendanski while at the dig site?
3. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
4. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
5. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
6. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
7. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
8. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
9. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
10. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stanley Yelnats has been sent to Camp Green Lake although he did nothing wrong. How would the story have changed, and the reader's perception changed, had Stanley been guilty of a crime?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the situations and actions that had to arise in order to assure that Madam Zeroni's and Elya Yelnats' descendants were both at Green Lake at the same time. Was this luck or destiny? Why did Green Lake's drought seemingly begin and end with the Yelnats' family curse?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ways that Sam's onions helped Stanley and Zero in the book. In what ways is this different that the way they had helped the town so long ago? In what ways is it similar?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)