|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Pendanski's response to the rock with the fish fossil?
2. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
3. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
4. Why does Stanley decide not to go to the warden directly with what he finds in a hole on the third day of digging?
5. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
2. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
3. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
4. Describe Camp Green Lake.
5. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
6. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
7. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
8. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
9. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
10. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the importance that race plays for the characters in the book. In what ways is Sam and Kate's struggle with racism similar to that of the problem that Zero and Stanley face while at camp? In what ways is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Take a look at Kate Barlow's character. Describe the change that takes place when Sam is killed. What shows the change that has happened to her other than the change in her name? (from Kate Barlow to Kissing Kate Barlow)
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)