|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sir take Stanley to the warden for in Part 1, Chapter 20?
2. What was Kate Barlow's job in the town of Green Lake?
3. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
4. What is not true about the yellow-spotted lizards?
5. What does Mr. Sir bandage Stanley with after Zigzag hurts Stanley while they are working in a hole together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
2. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
3. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
4. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
5. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
6. Describe Mr. Sir.
7. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
8. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
9. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
10. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Take a look at Kate Barlow's character. Describe the change that takes place when Sam is killed. What shows the change that has happened to her other than the change in her name? (from Kate Barlow to Kissing Kate Barlow)
Essay Topic 2
Stanley Yelnats has been sent to Camp Green Lake although he did nothing wrong. How would the story have changed, and the reader's perception changed, had Stanley been guilty of a crime?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between Stanley Yelnats and his family. How does this relationship differ from the other kids shown at camp? In what way could Stanley's family relationship have been better?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)