|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
2. What is Stanley's father's profession?
3. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
4. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
5. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
2. What does Zero want from Stanley?
3. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
4. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
5. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
6. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
7. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
8. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
9. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
10. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many changes that take place in Stanley. Compare the differences in Stanley's character from before Camp Green Lake, during the cruelty he endured there, and after he was released and had the fortune.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the reasons that Elya Yelnats ran away without fulfilling his promise to Madam Zeroni. Madam Zeroni knew that the woman Elya wanted to marry was not a prize to be sought after. Did Madam Zeroni know that Elya would leave?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ways that Sam's onions helped Stanley and Zero in the book. In what ways is this different that the way they had helped the town so long ago? In what ways is it similar?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)