|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley refer to the camp as when he writes his mother?
2. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
3. What does Mr. Sir take Stanley to the warden for in Part 1, Chapter 20?
4. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
5. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does X-Ray tell Stanley after Stanley has shown his fossil fish to Mr. Pendanski?
2. What does Zero want from Stanley?
3. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
4. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
5. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
6. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
7. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
8. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
9. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
10. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Speculate on the reasons that X-Ray is the head of the boys at Tent D. What characteristics does X-Ray have that put him in a position of authority? Why is X-Ray unable to congratulate Stanley and Zero when they are released from camp?
Essay Topic 2
There are many changes that take place in Stanley. Compare the differences in Stanley's character from before Camp Green Lake, during the cruelty he endured there, and after he was released and had the fortune.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Zero and Stanley to that of the relationship between Madam Zeroni and Elya Yelnats.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)