|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
2. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
3. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
4. What does Stanley refer to the camp as when he writes his mother?
5. What does Zero tell Stanley when Stanley asks him to not read over his shoulder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
2. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
3. Describe Mr. Sir.
4. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
5. Describe Camp Green Lake.
6. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
7. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
8. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
9. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
10. What does Zero want from Stanley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role Trout Walker's character played in the following:
1) The story of Kate and Sam.
2) The story of Stanley and Zero's story.
3) The book 'Holes' overall.
Essay Topic 2
What is significant about Hector Zeroni's nickname, "Zero"? Is it possible that both the Zeroni and the Yelnats families were effected by the curse?
Essay Topic 3
Take a look at Kate Barlow's character. Describe the change that takes place when Sam is killed. What shows the change that has happened to her other than the change in her name? (from Kate Barlow to Kissing Kate Barlow)
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)