|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
2. Why is the "rec room" referred to as the "wreck room"?
3. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
4. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
5. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
2. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
3. Describe Camp Green Lake.
4. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
5. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
6. What is the nickname Stanley gets at Camp Green Lake, and how does he get it?
7. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
8. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
9. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
10. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the situations and actions that had to arise in order to assure that Madam Zeroni's and Elya Yelnats' descendants were both at Green Lake at the same time. Was this luck or destiny? Why did Green Lake's drought seemingly begin and end with the Yelnats' family curse?
Essay Topic 2
What is significant about Hector Zeroni's nickname, "Zero"? Is it possible that both the Zeroni and the Yelnats families were effected by the curse?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Mr. Sir choose to refuse Stanly any water after Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds were taken? Could there have been better punishment? Describe Mr. Sir and Stanley's stand off regarding the water and what it's really about.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)