|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
2. How many changes of clothes are the boys at Camp Green Lake given?
3. What tradition do the boys have after they finish every hole?
4. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
5. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
2. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
3. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
4. What does the warden do to Mr. Pendanski while at the dig site?
5. What does Zero want from Stanley?
6. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
7. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
8. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
9. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
10. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the situations and actions that had to arise in order to assure that Madam Zeroni's and Elya Yelnats' descendants were both at Green Lake at the same time. Was this luck or destiny? Why did Green Lake's drought seemingly begin and end with the Yelnats' family curse?
Essay Topic 3
There are many things that Stanley believes to be bad luck because of his family curse. Explain how each thing that happened to him could be looked at as a positive thing since Stanley eventually found the fortune buried by Kate Barlow.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)