|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Pendanski give for Mr. Sir being in a bad mood?
2. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
3. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
4. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
5. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Sir.
2. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
3. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
4. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
5. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
6. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
7. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
8. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
9. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
10. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
Essay Topic 1
Speculate on the reasons that X-Ray is the head of the boys at Tent D. What characteristics does X-Ray have that put him in a position of authority? Why is X-Ray unable to congratulate Stanley and Zero when they are released from camp?
Essay Topic 2
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
Essay Topic 3
What is significant about Hector Zeroni's nickname, "Zero"? Is it possible that both the Zeroni and the Yelnats families were effected by the curse?
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)