|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person that Kate kissed after she killed them, starting the name "Kissing Kate Barlow" and her life as an outlaw?
2. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
3. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
4. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
5. Why does the warden lose interest in the digging project?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
2. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
3. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
4. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
5. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
6. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
7. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
8. What does the warden do to Mr. Pendanski while at the dig site?
9. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
10. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mr. Pendanski's personality. Is he as abusive to the children as Mr. Sir? Why was Mr. Pendanski willing to take the abuse dished out by the warden? Why did Mr. Pendanski insist on treating Zero like he was stupid?
Essay Topic 2
Speculate on the reasons that X-Ray is the head of the boys at Tent D. What characteristics does X-Ray have that put him in a position of authority? Why is X-Ray unable to congratulate Stanley and Zero when they are released from camp?
Essay Topic 3
There are many things that Stanley believes to be bad luck because of his family curse. Explain how each thing that happened to him could be looked at as a positive thing since Stanley eventually found the fortune buried by Kate Barlow.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)