|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
2. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
3. What is not true about the yellow-spotted lizards?
4. What is on the object Stanley finds while digging on the third day?
5. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
2. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
3. What is the nickname Stanley gets at Camp Green Lake, and how does he get it?
4. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
5. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
6. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
7. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
8. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
9. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
10. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the importance that race plays for the characters in the book. In what ways is Sam and Kate's struggle with racism similar to that of the problem that Zero and Stanley face while at camp? In what ways is it different?
Essay Topic 2
There are many changes that take place in Stanley. Compare the differences in Stanley's character from before Camp Green Lake, during the cruelty he endured there, and after he was released and had the fortune.
Essay Topic 3
There are many things that Stanley believes to be bad luck because of his family curse. Explain how each thing that happened to him could be looked at as a positive thing since Stanley eventually found the fortune buried by Kate Barlow.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)