|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sheriff tell Kate that he always got drunk before?
2. What has Stanley been told he will win if he ever finds anything interesting while digging?
3. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
4. What does Zero tell Mr. Pendanski when asked what he wants to do with his life?
5. Why was Mr. Walker given the name "Trout"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
2. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
3. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
4. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
5. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
6. Describe Mr. Sir.
7. Describe Camp Green Lake.
8. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
9. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
10. What does Zero want from Stanley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Zero and Stanley to that of the relationship between Madam Zeroni and Elya Yelnats.
Essay Topic 2
Speculate on the reasons that X-Ray is the head of the boys at Tent D. What characteristics does X-Ray have that put him in a position of authority? Why is X-Ray unable to congratulate Stanley and Zero when they are released from camp?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the reasons that Elya Yelnats ran away without fulfilling his promise to Madam Zeroni. Madam Zeroni knew that the woman Elya wanted to marry was not a prize to be sought after. Did Madam Zeroni know that Elya would leave?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)