|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stanley tell X-Ray to wait to give what he found in the hole on the third day to Mr. Pendanski until the next day?
2. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
3. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski that he is doing wrong after she has brought blood on one of the boys?
4. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
5. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
2. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
3. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
4. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
5. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
6. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
7. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
8. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
9. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
10. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the reasons that Elya Yelnats ran away without fulfilling his promise to Madam Zeroni. Madam Zeroni knew that the woman Elya wanted to marry was not a prize to be sought after. Did Madam Zeroni know that Elya would leave?
Essay Topic 2
There are many changes that take place in Stanley. Compare the differences in Stanley's character from before Camp Green Lake, during the cruelty he endured there, and after he was released and had the fortune.
Essay Topic 3
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
This section contains 1,567 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)