|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stanley say he has to blame for being at camp?
2. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
3. What happens when Stanley finishes his first hole?
4. What reason does Mr. Pendanski give for Mr. Sir being in a bad mood?
5. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
2. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
3. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
4. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
5. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
6. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
7. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
8. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
9. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
10. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship between Stanley Yelnats and his family. How does this relationship differ from the other kids shown at camp? In what way could Stanley's family relationship have been better?
Essay Topic 2
There are many things that Stanley believes to be bad luck because of his family curse. Explain how each thing that happened to him could be looked at as a positive thing since Stanley eventually found the fortune buried by Kate Barlow.
Essay Topic 3
1) List several of the boys in Tent D at Camp Green Lake. In what ways are these boys alike?In what ways are they different? Would each of the boys characters fall under "Bad" or "Good"?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)