|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
2. What does Zero tell Stanley when Stanley asks him to not read over his shoulder?
3. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
4. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
5. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
2. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
3. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
4. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
5. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
6. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
7. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
8. Describe Mr. Sir.
9. What does the warden do to Mr. Pendanski while at the dig site?
10. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many changes that take place in Stanley. Compare the differences in Stanley's character from before Camp Green Lake, during the cruelty he endured there, and after he was released and had the fortune.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Warden's personality. Why does she treat Mr. Sir and Mr. Pendanski harshly? Does she treat the children better or the counselors?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)