|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
2. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do with anything else Stanley finds in his holes?
3. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
4. What does Stanley memorize before he is moved closer to the hole that X-Ray had been digging when he claimed to have found the tube?
5. What does Mr. Sir do when Stanley comes to have his canteen filled with water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
2. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
3. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
4. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
5. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
6. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
7. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
8. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
9. Describe Camp Green Lake.
10. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at Zero's personality. Why did Zero hit Mr. Pendanski with a shovel? Why would Zero refuse to go back to camp when it was likely he would die in the desert? Why was Zero so willing to dig for Stanley and to fight for him when Zigzag attacked?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mr. Pendanski's personality. Is he as abusive to the children as Mr. Sir? Why was Mr. Pendanski willing to take the abuse dished out by the warden? Why did Mr. Pendanski insist on treating Zero like he was stupid?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the reasons that Elya Yelnats ran away without fulfilling his promise to Madam Zeroni. Madam Zeroni knew that the woman Elya wanted to marry was not a prize to be sought after. Did Madam Zeroni know that Elya would leave?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)