|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
2. Who does Stanley's family say is the cause of their bad luck?
3. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
4. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
5. Despite the fact that Zero doesn't read what does Stanley realize Zero is very good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
2. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
3. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
4. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
5. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
6. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
7. Why does Stanley want to go back to camp so badly after finding Zero in the desert?
8. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
9. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
10. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Mr. Sir choose to refuse Stanly any water after Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds were taken? Could there have been better punishment? Describe Mr. Sir and Stanley's stand off regarding the water and what it's really about.
Essay Topic 2
There are many changes that take place in Stanley. Compare the differences in Stanley's character from before Camp Green Lake, during the cruelty he endured there, and after he was released and had the fortune.
Essay Topic 3
Did Sam's onions have healing powers? Why did the people in the town go to see the doctor and take Sam's concoction? Why is it the only place in Green Lake that didn't dry up was Sam's onion field?
This section contains 1,503 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)