|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
2. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
3. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
4. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
5. How many changes of clothes are the boys at Camp Green Lake given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
2. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
3. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
4. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
5. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
6. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
7. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
8. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
9. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
10. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) List several of the boys in Tent D at Camp Green Lake. In what ways are these boys alike?In what ways are they different? Would each of the boys characters fall under "Bad" or "Good"?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ways that Sam's onions helped Stanley and Zero in the book. In what ways is this different that the way they had helped the town so long ago? In what ways is it similar?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role Trout Walker's character played in the following:
1) The story of Kate and Sam.
2) The story of Stanley and Zero's story.
3) The book 'Holes' overall.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)