|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
2. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
3. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
4. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
5. What tradition do the boys have after they finish every hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
2. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
3. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
4. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
5. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
6. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
7. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
8. Describe Camp Green Lake.
9. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
10. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is significant about Hector Zeroni's nickname, "Zero"? Is it possible that both the Zeroni and the Yelnats families were effected by the curse?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Warden's personality. Why does she treat Mr. Sir and Mr. Pendanski harshly? Does she treat the children better or the counselors?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the importance that race plays for the characters in the book. In what ways is Sam and Kate's struggle with racism similar to that of the problem that Zero and Stanley face while at camp? In what ways is it different?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)