|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not true about the yellow-spotted lizards?
2. What does Mr. Sir take Stanley to the warden for in Part 1, Chapter 20?
3. What surprises Stanley when he sees the warden for the first time?
4. What has Stanley been told he will win if he ever finds anything interesting while digging?
5. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during a Super Bowl commercial at the end of the book?
2. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
3. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
4. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
5. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
6. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
7. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
8. Describe Mr. Sir.
9. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
10. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the situations and actions that had to arise in order to assure that Madam Zeroni's and Elya Yelnats' descendants were both at Green Lake at the same time. Was this luck or destiny? Why did Green Lake's drought seemingly begin and end with the Yelnats' family curse?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ways that Sam's onions helped Stanley and Zero in the book. In what ways is this different that the way they had helped the town so long ago? In what ways is it similar?
Essay Topic 3
What is significant about Hector Zeroni's nickname, "Zero"? Is it possible that both the Zeroni and the Yelnats families were effected by the curse?
This section contains 1,474 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)