|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is staring over Stanley's shoulder while he writes his letter to his parents?
2. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
3. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
4. Why does Stanley have a harder time digging the second day?
5. Why does Stanley decide not to go to the warden directly with what he finds in a hole on the third day of digging?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
2. What is the nickname Stanley gets at Camp Green Lake, and how does he get it?
3. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
4. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
5. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
6. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
7. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
8. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
9. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
10. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) List several of the boys in Tent D at Camp Green Lake. In what ways are these boys alike?In what ways are they different? Would each of the boys characters fall under "Bad" or "Good"?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the words to the lullaby that had been passed down through both the Yelnats family and the Zeroni family. What is significant about the words in the song?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mr. Pendanski's personality. Is he as abusive to the children as Mr. Sir? Why was Mr. Pendanski willing to take the abuse dished out by the warden? Why did Mr. Pendanski insist on treating Zero like he was stupid?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)