|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brian sent to Camp Green Lake for?
(b) Stripping cars of hub caps.
(d) Stealing a car.
2. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
(a) A diagram.
(b) He makes a map on his clean socks.
(c) They look for a fossilized rock.
(d) They play eenie-meenie-minie-moe.
3. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
(b) Kate Barlow.
(c) Mr. Sir.
(d) The warden.
4. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
(b) Tells him to wait there.
(c) Carries him.
(d) Stops to rest with Zero.
5. What does Mr. Pendanski do because Mr. Sir refuses to give Stanley a fair share of water?
(a) Give Stanley extra water.
(b) Has a talk with Mr. Sir.
(c) Has some of the other kids share.
(d) Goes to talk to the warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
2. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
3. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
4. What killed Kate Barlow?
5. What did Zero pretend to be while he slept outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
2. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
3. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
4. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
5. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
6. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
7. What happened when Trout came back to Green Lake?
8. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
9. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
10. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)