|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
(a) Her car keys are missing.
(b) To make sure there aren't any scorpions in it.
(c) Theft or confidential information pertaining to other boys.
(d) Theft or drugs.
2. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
(a) Stanley's lawyer.
(b) Stanley's father.
(c) Stanley's girlfriend.
(d) Stanley's mother.
3. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
4. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Sings him a song.
(b) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
(c) Gives him words to spell.
(d) Tells him about his home.
5. Who celebrates a birthday in Part 2?
(c) Mr. Pendanski.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
2. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
3. What stops the warden from taking the large metal case from the boys in Part 2, Chapter 45?
4. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
5. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
Short Essay Questions
1. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
2. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
3. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
4. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
5. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
6. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
7. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
8. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
9. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
10. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)