|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
(a) They play eenie-meenie-minie-moe.
(b) A diagram.
(c) He makes a map on his clean socks.
(d) They look for a fossilized rock.
2. What did Zero do that got him put in Camp Green Lake?
(a) Snuck into a hotel.
(b) Stole a new pair of sneakers.
(c) Stole a bike.
(d) Stole a candy bar.
3. What fills some of the holes that Stanley jumps over while walking through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) Yellow-spotted lizards.
4. What is Zero doing while he and Stanley are trapped in the hole covered in deadly creatures?
(a) Spelling small words.
(b) Singing the lullaby his mother and Stanley both sang.
(d) Sounding out letters.
5. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
(a) Goes in search of other food.
(b) Digs a hole for better water.
(c) Sings him a lullaby.
(d) Covers Zero up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
2. What does Stanley think after what Zero says as he is falling asleep on the mountain?
3. Who celebrates a birthday in Part 2?
4. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
5. What happens when Stanley finds a large object upside-down in the middle of desert when he is walking alone after the water truck incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
2. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
3. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
4. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
5. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
6. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
7. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
8. What stops the warden from taking the metal case from Zero and Stanley?
9. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
10. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)