|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
(a) Gashes on his hands.
(b) A twisted ankle.
(d) Stabbed in the stomach.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 35, what does Stanley tell Zero that they need to do?
(a) Go back to camp.
(b) Pray for rain.
(c) Go find outside help.
(d) Got to the mountain.
3. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
(a) The town and the lake had turned into a desert.
(b) A lynching party.
(c) Sam left her a note.
(d) The school had been rebuilt.
4. What name does Stanley find on the upside-down object he finds while walking in the desert alone?
(a) Mr. Sir.
(b) Mary Lou.
(c) Trout Walker.
(d) Kate Barlow.
5. What do the warden and other counselors do when they see the boys covered by deadly creatures in the hole?
(a) Pull out their guns.
(b) Call for help.
(c) Wait for the boys to die.
(d) Go get gasoline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
2. What does Brian do that earns him his nickname?
3. What does Zigzag offer Stanley that starts a fight in Part 2?
4. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
5. What do Stanley and Zero joke is waiting for them on the top of the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
2. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
3. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
4. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
5. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
6. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
7. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
8. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
9. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
10. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)