|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone call Brian when he comes to camp?
(c) Metal head.
2. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
(a) Take more than his share of water.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Hitch a ride on it.
3. What do the warden and other counselors do when they see the boys covered by deadly creatures in the hole?
(a) Wait for the boys to die.
(b) Call for help.
(c) Pull out their guns.
(d) Go get gasoline.
4. What does the warden claim Zero and Stanley did when Stanley's attorney arrives?
(a) Tried to use the lizards to kill the councilors.
(b) Tried to attack her.
(c) Tried to steal her money.
(d) Stole her suitcase.
5. What was it that had made Gladys Tennyson's daughter sick?
(b) Dirty water.
(d) Bad meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
2. What was Zero's mother at one point in time?
3. What name does Stanley find on the upside-down object he finds while walking in the desert alone?
4. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
5. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
2. Why does Stanley want to go back to camp so badly after finding Zero in the desert?
3. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
4. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
5. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
6. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
7. What stops the warden from taking the metal case from Zero and Stanley?
8. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
9. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
10. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)