|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the other boys mad at Stanley?
(a) The warden is giving Stanley special treatment
(b) Stanley gets extra water
(c) Mr. Pendanski is trying to be Stanley's friend
(d) Zero is digging for Stanley
2. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
(a) He is dehydrated.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He has heatstroke.
(d) He is sick to his stomach.
3. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
(a) Spits into it.
(b) Sticks his fingers in it.
(c) Goes into the truck where Stanley can't see it.
(d) Gives it to X-Ray.
4. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) The heat.
(b) Not finding Zero's body.
(c) The number of holes.
(d) The intense sun.
5. What did Kate do as she died?
(a) Ate an onion.
(c) Began screaming for help.
(d) Gave Trout and Linda the loot location.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kate missing when Trout and Linda forced her into the desert?
2. What job does the tall man with Stanley's lawyer have?
3. Where did Zero put the famous sneakers he stole that eventually got Stanley in trouble?
4. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
5. What was Zero's mother at one point in time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
2. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
3. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
4. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
5. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
6. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
7. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
8. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
9. What stops the warden from taking the metal case from Zero and Stanley?
10. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)