|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Linda Miller marry Trout Walker?
(a) It was an arranged Marriage.
(d) She was pregnant.
2. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
(a) Stabbed in the stomach.
(b) Gashes on his hands.
(c) A twisted ankle.
3. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
(a) To keep the socks cleaner.
(b) To keep bugs off the socks.
(c) So they won't contaminate the water they drink.
(d) To see if they can.
4. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Throws water on them.
(b) Starts hitting the kids.
(c) Fires his gun.
(d) Gets the warden.
5. What does Mr. Pendanski say Stanley should be trying to teach reading to rather than Zero?
(a) A shovel.
(b) Mr. Sir.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Stanley find on the upside-down object he finds while walking in the desert alone?
2. What does Zero do when Stanley asks him what the mountain looks like?
3. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
4. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
5. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
2. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
3. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
4. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
5. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
6. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
7. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
8. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
9. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
10. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)