|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
(a) Theft or confidential information pertaining to other boys.
(b) Her car keys are missing.
(c) To make sure there aren't any scorpions in it.
(d) Theft or drugs.
2. Who celebrates a birthday in Part 2?
(d) Mr. Pendanski.
3. What is Zero doing while he and Stanley are trapped in the hole covered in deadly creatures?
(a) Singing the lullaby his mother and Stanley both sang.
(b) Spelling small words.
(d) Sounding out letters.
4. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
(a) To get water.
(b) To look for Kate Barlow's treasure.
(c) To rescue the other boys.
(d) To get even with Mr. Sir.
5. Who comes to help Stanley when Zigzag is getting the better of Stanley in Part 2?
(a) Mr. Pendanski.
(c) Kate Barlow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
2. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
3. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
4. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
5. What does Zero tell Stanley before he falls to sleep on the mountain in Part 2, Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
2. What happened when Trout came back to Green Lake?
3. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
4. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
5. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
6. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
7. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
8. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
9. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
10. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)