|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brian sent to Camp Green Lake for?
(b) Stealing a car.
(c) Stripping cars of hub caps.
2. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
(a) How hard it would be on his parents.
(b) What is after this life.
(c) The pain involved.
(d) What would happen to Zero.
3. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Gets the warden.
(b) Starts hitting the kids.
(c) Throws water on them.
(d) Fires his gun.
4. What does Zigzag accuse Stanley of treating Zero like?
(a) A dummy.
(b) A piece of meat.
(c) A slave.
(d) A brother.
5. What did Zero pretend to be while he slept outside?
(a) A Cub Scout.
(b) An army man.
(c) A wild animal.
(d) A super hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
2. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
3. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
4. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
5. Who celebrates a birthday in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
2. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
3. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
4. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
5. Why does Stanley want to go back to camp so badly after finding Zero in the desert?
6. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
7. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
8. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
9. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
10. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)