|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pendanski do because Mr. Sir refuses to give Stanley a fair share of water?
(a) Goes to talk to the warden.
(b) Has a talk with Mr. Sir.
(c) Has some of the other kids share.
(d) Give Stanley extra water.
2. What was Kate missing when Trout and Linda forced her into the desert?
(a) Her hat.
(c) A dress.
(d) A garter.
3. What was Zero's mother at one point in time?
(a) A policewoman.
(b) A baby sitter.
(c) A Girl Scout.
(d) A nun.
4. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
(a) Sings him a lullaby.
(b) Goes in search of other food.
(c) Covers Zero up.
(d) Digs a hole for better water.
5. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Fires his gun.
(b) Gets the warden.
(c) Throws water on them.
(d) Starts hitting the kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
2. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
3. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
4. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
5. What does Zigzag accuse Stanley of treating Zero like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
2. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
3. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
4. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
5. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
6. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
7. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
8. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
9. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
10. Why does Stanley feel he needs to go back down the mountain, and what is making him hesitant to go?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)