|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Stanley finds a large object upside-down in the middle of desert when he is walking alone after the water truck incident?
(a) A hand grabs him.
(b) He hears Zero singing.
(c) He finds Zero's body.
(d) He has a vision of Kate Barlow.
2. Who celebrates a birthday in Part 2?
(a) Mr. Pendanski.
3. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
(a) The pig song.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her loot.
(d) The reward for her capture.
4. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
(a) The town and the lake had turned into a desert.
(b) Sam left her a note.
(c) A lynching party.
(d) The school had been rebuilt.
5. What does Brian do that earns him his nickname?
(a) Has seizures.
(b) Fidgets a lot.
(c) Steals cars.
(d) Listens to hard core rock music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
2. What makes the other boys mad at Stanley?
3. What does Zigzag accuse Stanley of treating Zero like?
4. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
5. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
2. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
3. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
4. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
5. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
6. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
7. What stops the warden from taking the metal case from Zero and Stanley?
8. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
9. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
10. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)