|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
(a) Goes into the truck where Stanley can't see it.
(b) Spits into it.
(c) Sticks his fingers in it.
(d) Gives it to X-Ray.
2. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
(a) Their spare socks.
(b) Their cots.
(c) Their food.
(d) Their place in line for water.
3. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) Not finding Zero's body.
(b) The number of holes.
(c) The intense sun.
(d) The heat.
4. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
(a) Stanley's mother.
(b) Stanley's girlfriend.
(c) Stanley's father.
(d) Stanley's lawyer.
5. What fills some of the holes that Stanley jumps over while walking through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) Yellow-spotted lizards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
2. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
3. What job does the tall man with Stanley's lawyer have?
4. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
5. What does Stanley tell Zero the onion is that they find atop the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
2. What stops the warden from taking the metal case from Zero and Stanley?
3. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
4. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
5. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
6. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
7. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
8. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
9. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
10. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)