|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
(a) The pain involved.
(b) What is after this life.
(c) What would happen to Zero.
(d) How hard it would be on his parents.
2. What fills some of the holes that Stanley jumps over while walking through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) Yellow-spotted lizards.
3. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Carries him.
(b) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
(c) Tells him to wait there.
(d) Stops to rest with Zero.
4. What killed Kate Barlow?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A yellow-spotted lizard.
5. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
(a) Their place in line for water.
(b) Their spare socks.
(c) Their cots.
(d) Their food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
2. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
3. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
4. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
5. What does Zero figure out in his head to be 46?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
2. What happened when Trout came back to Green Lake?
3. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
4. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
5. What stops the warden from taking the metal case from Zero and Stanley?
6. What happens when the attorney tries to get Stanley in the car to leave Camp Green Lake?
7. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
8. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
9. What happens when Stanley and Zero are able to make it to the top of the mountain?
10. What happens when Zero is questioned about the reading lessons Stanley is giving him?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)