|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the warden claim Zero and Stanley did when Stanley's attorney arrives?
(a) Stole her suitcase.
(b) Tried to use the lizards to kill the councilors.
(c) Tried to steal her money.
(d) Tried to attack her.
2. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Sings him a song.
(b) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
(c) Tells him about his home.
(d) Gives him words to spell.
3. What does Zigzag accuse Stanley of treating Zero like?
(a) A piece of meat.
(b) A slave.
(c) A dummy.
(d) A brother.
4. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) The heat.
(b) Not finding Zero's body.
(c) The number of holes.
(d) The intense sun.
5. What did Zero pretend to be while he slept outside?
(a) An army man.
(b) A wild animal.
(c) A Cub Scout.
(d) A super hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Stanley is in the water truck?
2. What do Stanley and Zero joke is waiting for them on the top of the mountain?
3. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
4. What did Kate do as she died?
5. What does Mr. Pendanski tell Stanley to do when Zigzag is taunting him in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
2. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
3. What does Mr. Pendanski say happened when the other couselors and the warden come to investigate the fight between Stanley and Zigzag?
4. Explain how it changes Stanley's situation that Zero is digging for Stanley an hour out of every day?
5. How has Zero survived the harsh desert for so long when Stanley finds him?
6. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
7. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
8. After recovering on top of the mountain, what do Zero and Stanley plan to do?
9. What does Stanley learn about Zero's past?
10. What stops the warden from taking the metal case from Zero and Stanley?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)