|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
(a) The warden.
(b) Mr. Sir.
(c) Kate Barlow.
2. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Carries him.
(b) Tells him to wait there.
(c) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
(d) Stops to rest with Zero.
3. What was Kate missing when Trout and Linda forced her into the desert?
(b) Her hat.
(c) A dress.
(d) A garter.
4. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
(a) Their cots.
(b) Their place in line for water.
(c) Their spare socks.
(d) Their food.
5. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
(a) They play eenie-meenie-minie-moe.
(b) They look for a fossilized rock.
(c) A diagram.
(d) He makes a map on his clean socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
2. What did Gladys Tennyson run out of her house to tell Sam?
3. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
4. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
5. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the boy that comes to Camp Green Lake to take Zero's place.
2. Why was Stanley found innocent of stealing the sneakers?
3. What encourages Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
4. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
5. What do Zero and Stanley talk about being at the top of the mountain?
6. What happens when lightning crosses the dark desert sky?
7. What happened when Trout came back to Green Lake?
8. Why does Stanley want to go back to camp so badly after finding Zero in the desert?
9. What surprises Stanley as he walks across the desert after the water truck incident?
10. What does Zero discover about the metal case he and Stanley have found?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)