|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the object Stanley finds while digging on the third day?
(a) A heart and the letters K.B.
(b) A heart and the name Mary Lou.
(c) Stanley's name.
(d) An arrow.
2. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A pile of money.
(d) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
3. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
(a) Act as a step stool.
(b) Dig Stanley's hole.
(c) Cook dinner for the boys.
(d) Walk back to camp.
4. Who is staring over Stanley's shoulder while he writes his letter to his parents?
5. Why does the warden lose interest in the digging project?
(a) The digging is too hot.
(b) The boys are digging too slow.
(c) She gets tired of being dirty.
(d) Nothing else is found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stanley's father's profession?
2. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
3. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
4. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
5. Why does Stanley have a harder time digging the second day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
2. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
3. Describe Camp Green Lake.
4. What is the nickname Stanley gets at Camp Green Lake, and how does he get it?
5. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
6. What does X-Ray tell Stanley after Stanley has shown his fossil fish to Mr. Pendanski?
7. What does Zero want from Stanley?
8. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
9. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
10. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)