|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
(a) Mr. Sir's stitches.
(b) Mr. Sir's swollen face.
(c) Mr. Sir's new dog.
(d) Mr. Sir's broken arm.
2. What is Stanley's original reply when Zero asks him to teach him to read?
(a) We don't have time.
(b) You can't learn.
3. Why could Sam and Kate not see each other?
(a) Kate was blind.
(b) Kate was spoken for.
(c) Sam was poor.
(d) Sam was black.
4. Who does Stanley say he has to blame for being at camp?
(a) His dog.
(b) His no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-grandmother.
(c) His no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-grandfather.
(d) His crazy-no-good-lazy-dumb-aunt.
5. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
(a) The warden convinces him it is best that way.
(b) He thinks the boys are low class.
(c) He has t0o many friends.
(d) The boys are dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
2. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
3. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
4. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
5. How does Zigzag say the warden knows so much about the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
2. What does Zero want from Stanley?
3. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
4. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
5. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
6. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
7. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
8. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
9. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
10. What does X-Ray tell Stanley after Stanley has shown his fossil fish to Mr. Pendanski?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)