|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not true about the yellow-spotted lizards?
(a) They have black teeth.
(b) They have a yellow spotted tongue.
(c) They eat sunflower seed shells.
(d) They have red around their eyes.
2. What does Zero tell Mr. Pendanski when asked what he wants to do with his life?
(a) He wants to be a policeman.
(b) He wants to be president.
(c) He likes to dig holes.
(d) He tells Mr. Pendanski to shut up.
3. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
(a) X-Ray hits Stanley.
(b) X-Ray ignores Stanley.
(c) X-Ray pulls Stanley to a secret place to talk.
(d) X-Ray says he has lost the object.
4. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
(c) False teeth.
(d) Sunflower seeds.
5. Why does Stanley tell X-Ray to wait to give what he found in the hole on the third day to Mr. Pendanski until the next day?
(a) So they can lie about where they found it.
(b) They want to try the lipstick on.
(c) So that they will get more time off.
(d) So they can see if there is anything valuable about the tube.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
2. Why is the "rec room" referred to as the "wreck room"?
3. What feeling does Mr. Sir tell Stanley that Stanley will have for the next eighteen months?
4. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
5. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
2. What is the nickname Stanley gets at Camp Green Lake, and how does he get it?
3. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
4. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
5. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
6. What does the warden do to Mr. Pendanski while at the dig site?
7. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
8. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
9. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
10. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)