|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the warden explain is the secret ingredient in her red nail polish?
(a) Lizard spit.
(b) Snake blood.
(c) Scorpion venom.
(d) Snake venom.
2. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
(a) The swat team tearing apart the rec room.
(b) The warden punishing X-Ray.
(c) Mr. Sir yelling at Zero.
(d) Mr. Pendanski counseling the boys.
3. Who does Stanley say he has to blame for being at camp?
(a) His no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-grandmother.
(b) His no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-grandfather.
(c) His crazy-no-good-lazy-dumb-aunt.
(d) His dog.
4. Why does Stanley have a harder time digging the second day?
(a) His muscles are sore.
(b) Stanley didn't get much sleep.
(c) Stanley missed breakfast.
(d) There are yellow-spotted lizards at the dig site.
5. What does Stanley refer to the camp as when he writes his mother?
(a) Camp laugh-a-lot.
(b) Camp come-on-and-get-me-outa-here.
(c) Camp Aaaaaaaa!.
(d) Camp fun and games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kate Barlow's job in the town of Green Lake?
2. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
3. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
4. What does Stanley offer to do for Zero to pay him back for what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
5. Why was Mr. Walker given the name "Trout"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does X-Ray tell Stanley after Stanley has shown his fossil fish to Mr. Pendanski?
2. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
3. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
4. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
5. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
6. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
7. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
8. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
9. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
10. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)