|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Stanley been told he will win if he ever finds anything interesting while digging?
(a) An extra hour of sleep.
(b) The rest of the day off.
(c) An extra glass of water.
(d) An extra plate of food.
2. What does Stanley find Squid doing, even though Squid denies it?
(d) Having nightmares.
3. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
(a) "Old Mother Hubbard."
(b) "Old Woman in the Shoe."
(c) "The Muffin Man."
(d) "Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater."
4. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) Move ahead of Zero.
(b) Go to the front of the line.
(c) Take X-Ray's cantine and fill it.
(d) Go back to work.
5. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
(a) She ran away.
(b) Kate managed to hide her.
(c) She was eaten.
(d) She was shot in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stanley say he has to blame for being at camp?
2. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
3. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
4. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
5. What does Zero give Stanley in return for teaching him something?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Sir.
2. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
3. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
4. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
5. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
6. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
7. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
8. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
9. What does Zero want from Stanley?
10. Describe Camp Green Lake.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)