|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
(a) They are out of town.
(b) They have no money.
(c) Stanley needs to learn a lesson.
(d) Stanley have been in too much trouble already.
2. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
(a) With their shovels.
(b) With their arms.
(c) The warden comes and measures.
(d) They are given rulers.
3. What did the sheriff tell Kate that he always got drunk before?
(a) A dance.
(b) A hanging.
(c) He gets a kiss.
(d) His town meeting.
4. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
(a) A letter from his mother.
(b) A letter from his girlfriend.
(c) His attorney.
(d) A new cot to sleep on.
5. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
(a) Fishing and hunting.
(b) Fun and games.
(c) Swimming and golfing.
(d) Junior politician lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the warden poke Armpit with while he is on a bathroom break?
2. Where did X-Ray get his nickname?
3. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
4. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
5. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do with anything else Stanley finds in his holes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
2. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
3. What does the warden do to Mr. Pendanski while at the dig site?
4. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
5. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
6. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
7. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
8. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
9. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
10. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)