|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did X-Ray get his nickname?
(a) His mother.
(b) X-Ray correctly guessed what was in a metal box.
(c) It is a joke among the boys.
(d) Pig Latin.
2. What does the warden do after telling Mr. Sir she doesn't care about his sunflower seeds?
(a) Spits on him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Kicks him out of her office.
(d) Slaps him.
3. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
(a) Throws Stanley to the ground.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Hits Stanley with a shovel.
(d) Punches Stanley.
4. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) His family fortune.
(b) Her hand lotion.
(c) Her make-up case.
(d) Her hair brush.
5. What does Stanley refer to the camp as when he writes his mother?
(a) Camp fun and games.
(b) Camp Aaaaaaaa!.
(c) Camp laugh-a-lot.
(d) Camp come-on-and-get-me-outa-here.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Madam Zeroni need someone to carry her to the top of the mountain?
2. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
3. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
4. What was Kate Barlow's job in the town of Green Lake?
5. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
2. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
3. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
4. What does X-Ray tell Stanley after Stanley has shown his fossil fish to Mr. Pendanski?
5. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
6. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
7. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
8. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
9. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
10. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)