|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Stanley when he sees the warden for the first time?
(a) The warden is a woman.
(b) The warden is very nice.
(c) The warden has a lisp.
(d) The warden is very pretty.
2. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
(a) Dig Stanley's hole.
(b) Walk back to camp.
(c) Act as a step stool.
(d) Cook dinner for the boys.
3. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
(a) Fig preserves.
(b) Spiced peaches.
(c) Apple dumplings.
(d) Grape jelly.
4. Why does the warden lose interest in the digging project?
(a) The boys are digging too slow.
(b) The digging is too hot.
(c) Nothing else is found.
(d) She gets tired of being dirty.
5. What is on the object Stanley finds while digging on the third day?
(a) Stanley's name.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A heart and the name Mary Lou.
(d) A heart and the letters K.B.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zigzag say the warden knows so much about the boys?
2. What is Stanley's original reply when Zero asks him to teach him to read?
3. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
4. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
5. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
2. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
3. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
4. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
5. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
6. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
7. What happened after Kate and Sam were caught kissing?
8. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
9. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
10. What does Zero want from Stanley?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)