|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
(a) Stanley saves them for later.
(b) Stanley throws them right back.
(c) Stanley spills them in his hole.
(d) Stanley gives them back to Mr. Sir.
2. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
(a) A nickel.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A fossil of a fish.
(d) A map.
3. Why does Zero say he did what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Zero hates Mr. Sir.
(b) Because he felt sorry for Stanley.
(c) Zero loves to dig holes.
(d) Because Zero knew Stanley didn't steal the sneakers or the seeds.
4. What has Stanley been told he will win if he ever finds anything interesting while digging?
(a) An extra glass of water.
(b) An extra hour of sleep.
(c) An extra plate of food.
(d) The rest of the day off.
5. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
(a) She is to stuborn to get sick.
(b) The Lord has blessed her.
(c) She only eats onions.
(d) She exercises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the warden do after telling Mr. Sir she doesn't care about his sunflower seeds?
2. What is Stanley's father's profession?
3. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
4. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
5. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
2. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
3. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
4. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
5. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
6. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
7. What does X-Ray tell Stanley after Stanley has shown his fossil fish to Mr. Pendanski?
8. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
9. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
10. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)