|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
(a) Swimming and golfing.
(b) Fishing and hunting.
(c) Fun and games.
(d) Junior politician lessons.
2. What did the sheriff tell Kate that he always got drunk before?
(a) A dance.
(b) He gets a kiss.
(c) His town meeting.
(d) A hanging.
3. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
(a) Stay away from the snakes.
(b) Don't speak unless spoken to.
(c) Dig fast and steady.
(d) Don't upset the warden.
4. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
(a) Dig Stanley's hole.
(b) Walk back to camp.
(c) Act as a step stool.
(d) Cook dinner for the boys.
5. What reason does Mr. Pendanski give for Mr. Sir being in a bad mood?
(a) Mr. Sir has a tooth ache.
(b) Mr. Sir lost his hat.
(c) Mr. Sir quit smoking.
(d) Mr. Sir hates the heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
2. Despite the fact that Zero doesn't read what does Stanley realize Zero is very good at?
3. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
4. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do with anything else Stanley finds in his holes?
5. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zero want from Stanley?
2. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
3. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
4. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
5. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
6. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
7. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
8. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
9. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
10. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)