|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski that he is doing wrong after she has brought blood on one of the boys?
(a) Giving them too many breaks.
(b) Giving them too much water.
(c) Working them too hard.
(d) Not working them hard enough.
2. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
(a) Myra was ugly and has a lisp.
(b) Myra was silly and shallow.
(c) Mrya was rich and self-absorbed.
(d) Myra was too old for Elya
3. Who does Stanley's family say is the cause of their bad luck?
(a) Stanley's great-great-grandmother.
(b) Madame Zeroni.
(c) Stanley's great-great-grandfather.
(d) Stanley's old girl friend.
4. What does the warden try to get the boys to do the day after the lipstick is brought to the warden's attention?
(a) Have them find the rest of the makeup.
(b) Dig faster.
(c) Tell her the exact location it was found.
(d) make a full working line to maximize efficiency.
5. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) The fortune.
(b) A map.
(c) An old shoe.
(d) A tube of lipstick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zero tell Mr. Pendanski when asked what he wants to do with his life?
2. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
3. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
4. How does Zigzag say the warden knows so much about the boys?
5. What does Mr. Sir do when Stanley comes to have his canteen filled with water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zero want from Stanley?
2. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
3. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
4. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
5. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
6. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
7. What does Mr. Pendanski tell the boys during their counseling time in Part 1?
8. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
9. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
10. What does the warden do to Mr. Pendanski while at the dig site?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)