|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
(a) He has t0o many friends.
(b) The warden convinces him it is best that way.
(c) The boys are dangerous.
(d) He thinks the boys are low class.
2. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) Someone has already dug it.
(b) Someone started filling it back in.
(c) There is a yellow-spotted lizard in it.
(d) The other boys threw trash in it.
3. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
(a) Makes a place for Stanley next to him.
(b) Has Stanley trade cots.
(c) Gives Stanley some of the extra food he got.
(d) Gives Stanley a phone call.
4. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do with anything else Stanley finds in his holes?
(a) Feed it to the yellow-spotted lizards.
(b) Give it to X-Ray.
(c) Take it directly to the warden.
(d) Put it back in the hole.
5. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
(a) Stanley throws them right back.
(b) Stanley gives them back to Mr. Sir.
(c) Stanley saves them for later.
(d) Stanley spills them in his hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
2. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski to do that he has already done?
3. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
4. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
5. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
2. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
3. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
4. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
5. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
6. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
7. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
8. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
9. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
10. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)