Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
(a) He died.
(b) He won the lottery.
(c) He went home.
(d) He is in the hospital.
2. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
(a) Sunflower seeds.
(b) False teeth.
3. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
(a) The swat team tearing apart the rec room.
(b) Mr. Pendanski counseling the boys.
(c) The warden punishing X-Ray.
(d) Mr. Sir yelling at Zero.
4. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
(a) Swimming and golfing.
(b) Fishing and hunting.
(c) Fun and games.
(d) Junior politician lessons.
5. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
(a) Loving each other.
(c) Burning down the school house.
(d) Robbing a stage coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
2. What does Stanley notice when he sees the boys line up for water?
3. Why was Mr. Walker given the name "Trout"?
4. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
5. What has Stanley been told he will win if he ever finds anything interesting while digging?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
2. What happens after Mr. Sir has filled Stanley's canteen for the first time?
3. What do Zigzag and the other boys do to Stanley to bait him into a fight?
4. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
5. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
6. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
7. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
8. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
9. When Kissing Kate Barlow came back to her town of Green Lake what did she find?
10. What do Zero and Stanley spend their time doing on top of the mountain?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)