|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
(a) The failed judicial system.
(b) Their parents.
(d) Bad luck.
2. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
3. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
(a) It was taken by Indians.
(b) It was stolen by Kissing Kate Barlow.
(c) The government took it.
(d) He lost it in the desert.
4. What has Stanley been told he will win if he ever finds anything interesting while digging?
(a) The rest of the day off.
(b) An extra plate of food.
(c) An extra hour of sleep.
(d) An extra glass of water.
5. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A pile of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
2. What is Stanley's original reply when Zero asks him to teach him to read?
3. How many changes of clothes are the boys at Camp Green Lake given?
4. Why could Sam and Kate not see each other?
5. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
2. Why does Stanley want to go back to camp so badly after finding Zero in the desert?
3. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
4. What happens during a Super Bowl commercial at the end of the book?
5. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
6. What happens when the water truck comes to the dig site the afternoon Zero's replacement arrives?
7. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
8. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
9. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
10. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)