|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
(a) He feels stupid.
(b) He can't see well.
(c) He doesn't like Stanley.
(d) He wanted the day off and is disappointed.
2. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) The fortune.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A map.
(d) A tube of lipstick.
3. Why is the "rec room" referred to as the "wreck room"?
(a) The rec room was made into the warden's relaxation area.
(b) All the equipment is broken.
(c) The building was torn down.
(d) The rec room is used for fixing the warden's broken trucks.
4. What does the warden do after telling Mr. Sir she doesn't care about his sunflower seeds?
(a) Kicks him out of her office.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Hugs him.
5. What does Stanley memorize before he is moved closer to the hole that X-Ray had been digging when he claimed to have found the tube?
(a) The hole the tube had originally been found.
(b) How many steps it is from one hole to the next.
(c) The location of the sun.
(d) The phrase that the warden uses when talking to Mr. Pendanski.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Sam and Kate not see each other?
2. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
3. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
4. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
5. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
2. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
3. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
4. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
5. What does Zero want from Stanley?
6. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
7. How does Stanley's second hole differ from the first?
8. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
9. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
10. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)