|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
(b) Sunflower seeds.
(d) False teeth.
2. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
(a) He went home.
(b) He is in the hospital.
(c) He won the lottery.
(d) He died.
3. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
(a) A day spa resort.
(b) Summer school.
(c) A rich kid summer camp.
(d) A sleep over.
4. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) There is a yellow-spotted lizard in it.
(b) The other boys threw trash in it.
(c) Someone has already dug it.
(d) Someone started filling it back in.
5. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
(a) Mr. Sir's broken arm.
(b) Mr. Sir's swollen face.
(c) Mr. Sir's new dog.
(d) Mr. Sir's stitches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
2. What does Stanley memorize before he is moved closer to the hole that X-Ray had been digging when he claimed to have found the tube?
3. What does Stanley offer to do for Zero to pay him back for what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
4. Why does the warden lose interest in the digging project?
5. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
2. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
3. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
4. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
5. Describe Camp Green Lake.
6. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
7. Describe the shovels and the reason that the kids are given the shovels at Camp Green Lake.
8. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
9. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
10. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)