|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sir do when Stanley comes to have his canteen filled with water?
(a) Gives Stanley's water to X-Ray.
(b) Spits in Stanley's water.
(c) Pours Stanley's water on the ground.
(d) Refuses to give Stanley any water.
2. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
3. What does Stanley memorize before he is moved closer to the hole that X-Ray had been digging when he claimed to have found the tube?
(a) The hole the tube had originally been found.
(b) The phrase that the warden uses when talking to Mr. Pendanski.
(c) The location of the sun.
(d) How many steps it is from one hole to the next.
4. What surprises Stanley when he sees the warden for the first time?
(a) The warden has a lisp.
(b) The warden is very pretty.
(c) The warden is very nice.
(d) The warden is a woman.
5. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
(a) Burning down the school house.
(b) Robbing a stage coach.
(c) Loving each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
2. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
3. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
4. What is on the object Stanley finds while digging on the third day?
5. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stanley suddenly realize about the initials on the tube of lipstick that X-Ray gave to the warden?
2. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
3. How does Stanley handle the fact that he is going to Camp Green Lake?
4. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
5. Explain what the routine is like at Camp Green Lake.
6. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
7. Describe Camp Green Lake.
8. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
9. What is the nickname Stanley gets at Camp Green Lake, and how does he get it?
10. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)