|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
(a) Gives Stanley a phone call.
(b) Has Stanley trade cots.
(c) Makes a place for Stanley next to him.
(d) Gives Stanley some of the extra food he got.
2. Where did X-Ray get his nickname?
(a) His mother.
(b) Pig Latin.
(c) It is a joke among the boys.
(d) X-Ray correctly guessed what was in a metal box.
3. What is on the object Stanley finds while digging on the third day?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A heart and the letters K.B.
(c) A heart and the name Mary Lou.
(d) Stanley's name.
4. What is Mr. Pendanski's response to the rock with the fish fossil?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He does a jig.
(c) He is uninterested.
(d) He is angry.
5. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A pile of money.
(b) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A rattlesnake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stanley tell X-Ray to wait to give what he found in the hole on the third day to Mr. Pendanski until the next day?
2. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
3. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
4. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski that he is doing wrong after she has brought blood on one of the boys?
5. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
2. What happens at the beginning of the third day of digging?
3. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
4. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
5. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
6. What happens to Stanley when the boys are all digging in one giant hole?
7. What does Stanley begin to notice changing in himself by Part 1, Chapter 17?
8. Describe the yellow-spotted lizards.
9. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
10. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)