|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
(a) It was stolen by Kissing Kate Barlow.
(b) The government took it.
(c) He lost it in the desert.
(d) It was taken by Indians.
2. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A pile of money.
(d) A rattlesnake.
3. What does Stanley find Squid doing, even though Squid denies it?
(d) Having nightmares.
4. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) There is a yellow-spotted lizard in it.
(b) Someone started filling it back in.
(c) The other boys threw trash in it.
(d) Someone has already dug it.
5. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
(a) Mr. Sir's swollen face.
(b) Mr. Sir's new dog.
(c) Mr. Sir's stitches.
(d) Mr. Sir's broken arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
2. What does Zero give Stanley in return for teaching him something?
3. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
4. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
5. What feeling does Mr. Sir tell Stanley that Stanley will have for the next eighteen months?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Sir.
2. What does the warden do since there was something found presumably where X-Ray had been digging?
3. What happens when Zero & Stanley return to camp from the mountain?
4. What does X-Ray tell Stanley after Stanley has shown his fossil fish to Mr. Pendanski?
5. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
6. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
7. What embarrassed Hattie Parker?
8. Why did Elya go to Madam Zeroni for help?
9. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
10. What was in the metal case with Stanley's name on it?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)