|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley offer to do for Zero to pay him back for what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Teach him to dance.
(b) Teach him to write.
(c) Write letters for him.
(d) Teach him to read.
2. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
(a) Burning down the school house.
(b) Robbing a stage coach.
(d) Loving each other.
3. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
(a) He has t0o many friends.
(b) The boys are dangerous.
(c) The warden convinces him it is best that way.
(d) He thinks the boys are low class.
4. Who does the warden have fill the canteens after Mr. Pendanski hesitated?
(b) Mr. Sir.
5. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
(a) Yellow-spotted lizards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
2. Why does Stanley tell X-Ray to wait to give what he found in the hole on the third day to Mr. Pendanski until the next day?
3. What feeling does Mr. Sir tell Stanley that Stanley will have for the next eighteen months?
4. How did Stanley's great-grandfather make his fortune?
5. What is Stanley's original reply when Zero asks him to teach him to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Magnet steals Mr. Sir's sunflower seeds?
2. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
3. What is the nickname Stanley gets at Camp Green Lake, and how does he get it?
4. What does Stanley say to his mother in his letters home?
5. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
6. How does Mr. Sir punish Stanley even though Stanley doesn't say anything about Mr. Sir's discolored face?
7. What does the warden ask Stanley to bring her when Mr. Sir takes him in for stealing sunflower seeds?
8. Describe Camp Green Lake.
9. What happens during the digging the day after X-Ray supposedly had found the lipstick tube?
10. How did Kate and Sam get to know each other?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)