|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Sam and Kate not see each other?
(a) Kate was spoken for.
(b) Sam was black.
(c) Kate was blind.
(d) Sam was poor.
2. What did the sheriff tell Kate that he always got drunk before?
(a) A dance.
(b) A hanging.
(c) His town meeting.
(d) He gets a kiss.
3. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
(a) The warden punishing X-Ray.
(b) Mr. Pendanski counseling the boys.
(c) Mr. Sir yelling at Zero.
(d) The swat team tearing apart the rec room.
4. What reason does Mr. Pendanski give for Mr. Sir being in a bad mood?
(a) Mr. Sir quit smoking.
(b) Mr. Sir lost his hat.
(c) Mr. Sir has a tooth ache.
(d) Mr. Sir hates the heat.
5. What does Stanley offer to do for Zero to pay him back for what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Write letters for him.
(b) Teach him to read.
(c) Teach him to write.
(d) Teach him to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
2. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
3. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
4. What does Stanley memorize before he is moved closer to the hole that X-Ray had been digging when he claimed to have found the tube?
5. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nickname Stanley gets at Camp Green Lake, and how does he get it?
2. How does Stanley's first day of digging go?
3. What is the warden's reply to Mr. Sir's accusations of Stanley stealing the sunflower seeds?
4. What crime is Stanley sent to Camp Green Lake for?
5. What does Stanley find while digging on his second day?
6. What does Stanley tell X-Ray to do with the object he finds on his second day of digging?
7. What does X-Ray tell Stanley after Stanley has shown his fossil fish to Mr. Pendanski?
8. Describe Kate Barlow and what she was known for in the town of Green Lake.
9. Why does Stanley offer to teach Zero to read?
10. Describe Camp Green Lake.
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)