|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gladys Tennyson run out of her house to tell Sam?
(a) That he shouldn't get involved with a white woman.
(b) That she wanted to buy more of his medicine.
(c) She wanted to buy his mule, Mary Lou.
(d) That his medicine cured her daughter.
2. What does Zero figure out in his head to be 46?
(a) The amount of lizards per square mile.
(b) Mr. Pendanski's age.
(c) The best number to bet on at roulette.
(d) Stanley's days at camp.
3. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
(a) To get even with Mr. Sir.
(b) To get water.
(c) To rescue the other boys.
(d) To look for Kate Barlow's treasure.
4. What fills some of the holes that Stanley jumps over while walking through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) Yellow-spotted lizards.
5. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
(a) Kate Barlow.
(b) The warden.
(c) Mr. Sir.
6. What does everyone call Brian when he comes to camp?
(c) Metal head.
7. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
(a) The pain involved.
(b) What is after this life.
(c) How hard it would be on his parents.
(d) What would happen to Zero.
8. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
(a) Kate Barlow's name.
(b) Stanley's name.
(c) A banks name.
(d) The name of the City of Green Lake.
9. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
(b) Stabbed in the stomach.
(c) Gashes on his hands.
(d) A twisted ankle.
10. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
(a) Hitch a ride on it.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Take more than his share of water.
11. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
(a) Theft or drugs.
(b) To make sure there aren't any scorpions in it.
(c) Her car keys are missing.
(d) Theft or confidential information pertaining to other boys.
12. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Carries him.
(b) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
(c) Tells him to wait there.
(d) Stops to rest with Zero.
13. What does Zero do when Stanley asks him what the mountain looks like?
(b) Looks confused.
(c) Begins to pray.
(d) Gives him a thumbs up.
14. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
(a) Stanley's father.
(b) Stanley's lawyer.
(c) Stanley's mother.
(d) Stanley's girlfriend.
15. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
(a) Their spare socks.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their cots.
(d) Their place in line for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kate do as she died?
2. What was it that had made Gladys Tennyson's daughter sick?
3. What/who does Stanley refuse to leave Camp Green Lake without?
4. What name does Stanley find on the upside-down object he finds while walking in the desert alone?
5. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)