|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
(a) The lack of vegetation.
(b) The bad smell.
(c) Stanley is unlucky.
(d) The lack of animals.
2. Where did Zero put the famous sneakers he stole that eventually got Stanley in trouble?
(a) On top of a car.
(b) Tied to a balloon.
(c) On a bridge.
(d) He couldn't remember.
3. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
(b) A twisted ankle.
(c) Stabbed in the stomach.
(d) Gashes on his hands.
4. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
(a) When he felt sad.
(b) Only in bad weather.
(c) When he was hungry.
(d) When he was scared.
5. What does Mr. Pendanski do because Mr. Sir refuses to give Stanley a fair share of water?
(a) Has a talk with Mr. Sir.
(b) Has some of the other kids share.
(c) Give Stanley extra water.
(d) Goes to talk to the warden.
6. What does Mr. Pendanski tell Stanley to do when Zigzag is taunting him in Part 2?
(a) Go tell the warden.
(b) To hit Zigzag.
(c) To ignore Zigzag.
(d) Spit in his face.
7. What does Mr. Pendanski say Stanley should be trying to teach reading to rather than Zero?
(a) Mr. Sir.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A rock.
(d) A lizard.
8. What was it that had made Gladys Tennyson's daughter sick?
(c) Bad meat.
(d) Dirty water.
9. Who celebrates a birthday in Part 2?
(d) Mr. Pendanski.
10. What do Stanley and Zero joke is waiting for them on the top of the mountain?
(b) An Italian restaurant.
(c) An all-you-can-eat-buffet.
(d) An ice cream shop.
11. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) Not finding Zero's body.
(b) The heat.
(c) The intense sun.
(d) The number of holes.
12. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Gets the warden.
(b) Starts hitting the kids.
(c) Fires his gun.
(d) Throws water on them.
13. What did Zero pretend to be while he slept outside?
(a) An army man.
(b) A super hero.
(c) A Cub Scout.
(d) A wild animal.
14. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
(a) Mud Pies.
15. What does Zigzag accuse Stanley of treating Zero like?
(a) A piece of meat.
(b) A slave.
(c) A dummy.
(d) A brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to help Stanley when Zigzag is getting the better of Stanley in Part 2?
2. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
3. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
4. What happens when the lawyer asks to see Zero's paperwork?
5. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)