|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
(a) He is dehydrated.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He is sick to his stomach.
(d) He has heatstroke.
2. What is Zero doing while he and Stanley are trapped in the hole covered in deadly creatures?
(a) Sounding out letters.
(b) Spelling small words.
(c) Singing the lullaby his mother and Stanley both sang.
3. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
(a) Shovels and water.
(b) Socks and shovels.
(c) Onions and clean socks.
(d) Onions and water.
4. What fills some of the holes that Stanley jumps over while walking through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(c) Yellow-spotted lizards.
5. What happens as Stanley drives home from Camp Green Lake?
(a) The lawyer stops for ice cream.
(b) Stanley and Zero make a friendship pact.
(c) Stanley gets car sick.
(d) It rains over Green Lake.
6. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
(a) When he felt sad.
(b) When he was hungry.
(c) When he was scared.
(d) Only in bad weather.
7. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Fires his gun.
(b) Starts hitting the kids.
(c) Throws water on them.
(d) Gets the warden.
8. What does everyone call Brian when he comes to camp?
(b) Metal head.
9. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
(a) The pig song.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her loot.
(d) The reward for her capture.
10. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
(a) He is scared of Mr. Sir catching him.
(b) The fact that he no longer has to dig.
(c) He hasn't found Zero's body yet.
(d) The rock that looks like a thumbs up.
11. What killed Kate Barlow?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A yellow-spotted lizard.
12. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
(a) A house.
(b) A jet ski.
(c) A horse.
(d) A boat.
13. What does Zero do when Stanley asks him what the mountain looks like?
(b) Looks confused.
(c) Begins to pray.
(d) Gives him a thumbs up.
14. What is Brian sent to Camp Green Lake for?
(b) Stealing a car.
(d) Stripping cars of hub caps.
15. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
(a) Digs a hole for better water.
(b) Sings him a lullaby.
(c) Goes in search of other food.
(d) Covers Zero up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Stanley finds a large object upside-down in the middle of desert when he is walking alone after the water truck incident?
2. What allows Stanley to see the rock that looks like a thumb against the night sky?
3. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
4. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
5. What did Kate do as she died?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)