|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Stanley drives home from Camp Green Lake?
(a) Stanley gets car sick.
(b) The lawyer stops for ice cream.
(c) It rains over Green Lake.
(d) Stanley and Zero make a friendship pact.
2. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
(a) Stanley is unlucky.
(b) The lack of animals.
(c) The bad smell.
(d) The lack of vegetation.
3. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
(c) Mud Pies.
4. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
(a) The fact that he no longer has to dig.
(b) The rock that looks like a thumbs up.
(c) He is scared of Mr. Sir catching him.
(d) He hasn't found Zero's body yet.
5. What killed Kate Barlow?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A yellow-spotted lizard.
(d) A scorpion.
6. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
(a) The pain involved.
(b) How hard it would be on his parents.
(c) What is after this life.
(d) What would happen to Zero.
7. What does Stanley do when Mr. Sir fills his canteen again the first time?
(a) Drinks it.
(b) Gives it to Zigzag.
(c) Uses it to make a mud pie.
(d) Pours it out.
8. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Gets the warden.
(b) Starts hitting the kids.
(c) Fires his gun.
(d) Throws water on them.
9. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
(a) Sticks his fingers in it.
(b) Gives it to X-Ray.
(c) Goes into the truck where Stanley can't see it.
(d) Spits into it.
10. What is Zero doing while he and Stanley are trapped in the hole covered in deadly creatures?
(a) Sounding out letters.
(b) Singing the lullaby his mother and Stanley both sang.
(c) Spelling small words.
11. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Stops to rest with Zero.
(b) Carries him.
(c) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
(d) Tells him to wait there.
12. What does Stanley tell Zero the onion is that they find atop the mountain?
(a) A cheese burger.
(b) A hot fudge sundae.
(d) Italian food.
13. In Part 2, Chapter 35, what does Stanley tell Zero that they need to do?
(a) Pray for rain.
(b) Go back to camp.
(c) Got to the mountain.
(d) Go find outside help.
14. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
(a) Kate Barlow.
15. What does everyone call Brian when he comes to camp?
(c) Metal head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Stanley find on the upside-down object he finds while walking in the desert alone?
2. What was it that had made Gladys Tennyson's daughter sick?
3. What stops the warden from taking the large metal case from the boys in Part 2, Chapter 45?
4. What does Zero figure out in his head to be 46?
5. What does Zigzag accuse Stanley of treating Zero like?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)