|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zero doing while he and Stanley are trapped in the hole covered in deadly creatures?
(b) Spelling small words.
(c) Singing the lullaby his mother and Stanley both sang.
(d) Sounding out letters.
2. What does Mr. Pendanski do because Mr. Sir refuses to give Stanley a fair share of water?
(a) Goes to talk to the warden.
(b) Has a talk with Mr. Sir.
(c) Has some of the other kids share.
(d) Give Stanley extra water.
3. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
(a) Mr. Sir.
(c) Kate Barlow.
(d) The warden.
4. What is Brian sent to Camp Green Lake for?
(a) Stripping cars of hub caps.
(d) Stealing a car.
5. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) He is free from his parents.
(c) He has a friend and likes himself.
(d) He feels that he can do anything.
6. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
(a) Goes to look for help.
(b) Begins to build a shelter.
(c) Goes down the mountain for the jars and shovels.
(d) Heads home.
7. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
(a) The rock that looks like a thumbs up.
(b) He hasn't found Zero's body yet.
(c) He is scared of Mr. Sir catching him.
(d) The fact that he no longer has to dig.
8. What does Zero tell Stanley that Stanley did and his mother did it too?
(a) Walked off and left him.
(b) Sang him that lullaby.
(c) Took care of him.
(d) Gave him a high five.
9. What happens when the lawyer asks to see Zero's paperwork?
(a) Warden fakes a few pieces quickly.
(b) None can be found.
(c) Zero is found to be kidnapped .
(d) Zero realizes the lawyer is his mother.
10. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
(a) To make sure there aren't any scorpions in it.
(b) Theft or drugs.
(c) Theft or confidential information pertaining to other boys.
(d) Her car keys are missing.
11. What makes the other boys mad at Stanley?
(a) The warden is giving Stanley special treatment
(b) Mr. Pendanski is trying to be Stanley's friend
(c) Zero is digging for Stanley
(d) Stanley gets extra water
12. What does Zigzag offer Stanley that starts a fight in Part 2?
(a) Graham Crackers.
13. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
(a) He makes a map on his clean socks.
(b) They look for a fossilized rock.
(c) A diagram.
(d) They play eenie-meenie-minie-moe.
14. What was Kate missing when Trout and Linda forced her into the desert?
(a) A dress.
(b) Her hat.
(d) A garter.
15. What do Stanley and Zero joke is waiting for them on the top of the mountain?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(b) An all-you-can-eat-buffet.
(c) An ice cream shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
2. What do the warden and other counselors do when they see the boys covered by deadly creatures in the hole?
3. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
4. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
5. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)