|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Stanley drives home from Camp Green Lake?
(a) Stanley gets car sick.
(b) The lawyer stops for ice cream.
(c) It rains over Green Lake.
(d) Stanley and Zero make a friendship pact.
2. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
(a) To make sure there aren't any scorpions in it.
(b) Theft or confidential information pertaining to other boys.
(c) Theft or drugs.
(d) Her car keys are missing.
3. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
(a) A jet ski.
(b) A boat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A house.
4. What does Zigzag offer Stanley that starts a fight in Part 2?
(b) Graham Crackers.
5. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
(a) Onions and water.
(b) Socks and shovels.
(c) Onions and clean socks.
(d) Shovels and water.
6. What do Stanley and Zero joke is waiting for them on the top of the mountain?
(b) An ice cream shop.
(c) An Italian restaurant.
(d) An all-you-can-eat-buffet.
7. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) The pig song.
(c) The reward for her capture.
(d) Her loot.
8. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their place in line for water.
(c) Their spare socks.
(d) Their cots.
9. What allows Stanley to see the rock that looks like a thumb against the night sky?
(a) Truck lights.
(d) Spot lights.
10. What was Kate missing when Trout and Linda forced her into the desert?
(a) A dress.
(b) A garter.
(c) Her hat.
11. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
(a) Stanley's girlfriend.
(b) Stanley's mother.
(c) Stanley's lawyer.
(d) Stanley's father.
12. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Tells him to wait there.
(b) Stops to rest with Zero.
(c) Carries him.
(d) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
13. What did Kate do as she died?
(a) Gave Trout and Linda the loot location.
(b) Ate an onion.
(d) Began screaming for help.
14. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
(a) To keep bugs off the socks.
(b) To see if they can.
(c) So they won't contaminate the water they drink.
(d) To keep the socks cleaner.
15. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Tells him about his home.
(b) Gives him words to spell.
(c) Sings him a song.
(d) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
2. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
3. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
4. What does Zero tell Stanley that Stanley did and his mother did it too?
5. What job does the tall man with Stanley's lawyer have?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)