|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
(a) A house.
(b) A jet ski.
(c) A boat.
(d) A horse.
2. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
(a) Socks and shovels.
(b) Shovels and water.
(c) Onions and clean socks.
(d) Onions and water.
3. What happens when the lawyer asks to see Zero's paperwork?
(a) Zero realizes the lawyer is his mother.
(b) Zero is found to be kidnapped .
(c) None can be found.
(d) Warden fakes a few pieces quickly.
4. What did Kate do as she died?
(a) Began screaming for help.
(c) Ate an onion.
(d) Gave Trout and Linda the loot location.
5. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
(a) When he was hungry.
(b) When he was scared.
(c) When he felt sad.
(d) Only in bad weather.
6. What was Kate missing when Trout and Linda forced her into the desert?
(a) A garter.
(b) Her hat.
(c) A dress.
7. What does Stanley tell Zero the onion is that they find atop the mountain?
(b) A cheese burger.
(c) Italian food.
(d) A hot fudge sundae.
8. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Gives him words to spell.
(b) Tells him about his home.
(c) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
(d) Sings him a song.
9. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Starts hitting the kids.
(b) Gets the warden.
(c) Throws water on them.
(d) Fires his gun.
10. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
(a) Her loot.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) The pig song.
(d) The reward for her capture.
11. What do the counselors do when Zero runs away?
(a) Destroy evidence that he was ever there.
(b) Have the other boys begin a search.
(c) Go looking for him.
(d) Call in the police.
12. What does Zero do when Stanley asks him what the mountain looks like?
(a) Begins to pray.
(b) Looks confused.
(d) Gives him a thumbs up.
13. What killed Kate Barlow?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A yellow-spotted lizard.
14. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
(a) Ran his mouth.
(c) Acted weak.
(d) Spilled the seeds.
15. What does Mr. Pendanski tell Stanley to do when Zigzag is taunting him in Part 2?
(a) Spit in his face.
(b) To ignore Zigzag.
(c) To hit Zigzag.
(d) Go tell the warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the other boys mad at Stanley?
2. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
3. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 35, what does Stanley tell Zero that they need to do?
5. What was Zero's mother at one point in time?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)