|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Stanley drives home from Camp Green Lake?
(a) Stanley gets car sick.
(b) Stanley and Zero make a friendship pact.
(c) It rains over Green Lake.
(d) The lawyer stops for ice cream.
2. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
(a) Goes in search of other food.
(b) Covers Zero up.
(c) Sings him a lullaby.
(d) Digs a hole for better water.
3. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
(a) How hard it would be on his parents.
(b) The pain involved.
(c) What is after this life.
(d) What would happen to Zero.
4. What was Zero's mother at one point in time?
(a) A Girl Scout.
(b) A baby sitter.
(c) A policewoman.
(d) A nun.
5. What do Stanley and Zero joke is waiting for them on the top of the mountain?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(c) An ice cream shop.
(d) An all-you-can-eat-buffet.
6. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
(a) Shovels and water.
(b) Onions and water.
(c) Onions and clean socks.
(d) Socks and shovels.
7. What is Brian sent to Camp Green Lake for?
(b) Stealing a car.
(c) Stripping cars of hub caps.
8. What happens when Stanley finds a large object upside-down in the middle of desert when he is walking alone after the water truck incident?
(a) A hand grabs him.
(b) He finds Zero's body.
(c) He hears Zero singing.
(d) He has a vision of Kate Barlow.
9. What was it that had made Gladys Tennyson's daughter sick?
(b) Bad meat.
(c) Dirty water.
10. What does Zero tell Stanley that Stanley did and his mother did it too?
(a) Took care of him.
(b) Walked off and left him.
(c) Gave him a high five.
(d) Sang him that lullaby.
11. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
(a) Gives it to X-Ray.
(b) Sticks his fingers in it.
(c) Goes into the truck where Stanley can't see it.
(d) Spits into it.
12. What happens when Stanley is in the water truck?
(a) He runs it into a hole.
(b) He is caught by Mr. Sir.
(c) He finds a map.
(d) He is bitten by a yellow-spotted lizard.
13. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
(a) The warden.
(b) Kate Barlow.
(d) Mr. Sir.
14. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) The heat.
(b) The number of holes.
(c) The intense sun.
(d) Not finding Zero's body.
15. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
(a) A jet ski.
(b) A boat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
2. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
3. What does Stanley think after what Zero says as he is falling asleep on the mountain?
4. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
5. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)