|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) The reward for her capture.
(c) The pig song.
(d) Her loot.
2. What makes the other boys mad at Stanley?
(a) Stanley gets extra water
(b) Mr. Pendanski is trying to be Stanley's friend
(c) Zero is digging for Stanley
(d) The warden is giving Stanley special treatment
3. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
(a) Goes into the truck where Stanley can't see it.
(b) Gives it to X-Ray.
(c) Spits into it.
(d) Sticks his fingers in it.
4. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
(a) A twisted ankle.
(c) Stabbed in the stomach.
(d) Gashes on his hands.
5. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
(a) The rock that looks like a thumbs up.
(b) The fact that he no longer has to dig.
(c) He hasn't found Zero's body yet.
(d) He is scared of Mr. Sir catching him.
6. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Sings him a song.
(b) Tells him about his home.
(c) Gives him words to spell.
(d) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
7. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
(a) Only in bad weather.
(b) When he was scared.
(c) When he was hungry.
(d) When he felt sad.
8. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
(a) The lack of vegetation.
(b) The lack of animals.
(c) The bad smell.
(d) Stanley is unlucky.
9. What does Zigzag accuse Stanley of treating Zero like?
(a) A dummy.
(b) A brother.
(c) A piece of meat.
(d) A slave.
10. What do Stanley and Zero joke is waiting for them on the top of the mountain?
(a) An ice cream shop.
(b) An Italian restaurant.
(d) An all-you-can-eat-buffet.
11. What stops the warden from taking the large metal case from the boys in Part 2, Chapter 45?
(a) They are covered in rattlesnakes.
(b) They are covered by alligators.
(c) They are covered in yellow-spotted lizards.
(d) They are covered in scorpions.
12. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
(a) To see if they can.
(b) So they won't contaminate the water they drink.
(c) To keep bugs off the socks.
(d) To keep the socks cleaner.
13. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
(a) A boat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A house.
(d) A jet ski.
14. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
(a) Onions and water.
(b) Onions and clean socks.
(c) Socks and shovels.
(d) Shovels and water.
15. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
(d) Mud Pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zero figure out in his head to be 46?
2. What name does Stanley find on the upside-down object he finds while walking in the desert alone?
3. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
4. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
5. What happens as Stanley drives home from Camp Green Lake?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)