|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 35, what does Stanley tell Zero that they need to do?
(a) Pray for rain.
(b) Got to the mountain.
(c) Go back to camp.
(d) Go find outside help.
2. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
(a) How hard it would be on his parents.
(b) The pain involved.
(c) What would happen to Zero.
(d) What is after this life.
3. Who comes to help Stanley when Zigzag is getting the better of Stanley in Part 2?
(a) Kate Barlow.
(b) Mr. Pendanski.
4. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
(a) They play eenie-meenie-minie-moe.
(b) A diagram.
(c) They look for a fossilized rock.
(d) He makes a map on his clean socks.
5. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
(a) Her car keys are missing.
(b) Theft or drugs.
(c) Theft or confidential information pertaining to other boys.
(d) To make sure there aren't any scorpions in it.
6. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
(a) Mud Pies.
7. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Tells him about his home.
(b) Sings him a song.
(c) Gives him words to spell.
(d) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
8. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) Not finding Zero's body.
(b) The number of holes.
(c) The intense sun.
(d) The heat.
9. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
(a) Acted weak.
(b) Spilled the seeds.
(d) Ran his mouth.
10. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Stops to rest with Zero.
(b) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
(c) Carries him.
(d) Tells him to wait there.
11. Why did Linda Miller marry Trout Walker?
(a) It was an arranged Marriage.
(d) She was pregnant.
12. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Fires his gun.
(b) Gets the warden.
(c) Starts hitting the kids.
(d) Throws water on them.
13. What happens when Stanley is in the water truck?
(a) He runs it into a hole.
(b) He is caught by Mr. Sir.
(c) He is bitten by a yellow-spotted lizard.
(d) He finds a map.
14. What happens when the lawyer asks to see Zero's paperwork?
(a) Warden fakes a few pieces quickly.
(b) Zero realizes the lawyer is his mother.
(c) Zero is found to be kidnapped .
(d) None can be found.
15. What does Zero tell Stanley before he falls to sleep on the mountain in Part 2, Chapter 39?
(a) Zero stole the shoes that got Stanley in trouble.
(b) He thanks Stanley.
(c) He tells Stanley about Kate Barlow's treasure.
(d) He tell's Stanley they are brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley do when Mr. Sir fills his canteen again the first time?
2. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
3. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
4. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
5. What does Mr. Pendanski tell Stanley to do when Zigzag is taunting him in Part 2?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)