|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian do that earns him his nickname?
(a) Has seizures.
(b) Fidgets a lot.
(c) Listens to hard core rock music.
(d) Steals cars.
2. What does Mr. Pendanski do because Mr. Sir refuses to give Stanley a fair share of water?
(a) Has some of the other kids share.
(b) Has a talk with Mr. Sir.
(c) Give Stanley extra water.
(d) Goes to talk to the warden.
3. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
(a) He has heatstroke.
(b) He is sick to his stomach.
(c) He is dehydrated.
(d) He has a headache.
4. What does Mr. Pendanski tell Stanley to do when Zigzag is taunting him in Part 2?
(a) To ignore Zigzag.
(b) To hit Zigzag.
(c) Spit in his face.
(d) Go tell the warden.
5. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
(a) He is free from his parents.
(b) He has a friend and likes himself.
(c) He feels that he can do anything.
(d) He isn't sure.
6. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
(a) A diagram.
(b) They look for a fossilized rock.
(c) He makes a map on his clean socks.
(d) They play eenie-meenie-minie-moe.
7. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
(a) Spits into it.
(b) Sticks his fingers in it.
(c) Goes into the truck where Stanley can't see it.
(d) Gives it to X-Ray.
8. What does Zigzag accuse Stanley of treating Zero like?
(a) A slave.
(b) A dummy.
(c) A piece of meat.
(d) A brother.
9. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
(a) The bad smell.
(b) Stanley is unlucky.
(c) The lack of animals.
(d) The lack of vegetation.
10. What does Zero do when Stanley asks him what the mountain looks like?
(b) Looks confused.
(c) Gives him a thumbs up.
(d) Begins to pray.
11. What was it that had made Gladys Tennyson's daughter sick?
(b) Dirty water.
(d) Bad meat.
12. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
(a) "Go! Go! Go!"
(b) "Floor it!"
(c) "Put it in gear!"
(d) "Get out!"
13. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Sings him a song.
(b) Tells him about his home.
(c) Gives him words to spell.
(d) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
14. What did Gladys Tennyson run out of her house to tell Sam?
(a) That his medicine cured her daughter.
(b) That he shouldn't get involved with a white woman.
(c) That she wanted to buy more of his medicine.
(d) She wanted to buy his mule, Mary Lou.
15. Why did Linda Miller marry Trout Walker?
(b) It was an arranged Marriage.
(c) She was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the other boys mad at Stanley?
2. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
3. What is Zero doing while he and Stanley are trapped in the hole covered in deadly creatures?
4. What do the warden and other counselors do when they see the boys covered by deadly creatures in the hole?
5. What was Zero's mother at one point in time?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)