|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed Kate Barlow?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A yellow-spotted lizard.
(d) A scorpion.
2. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Fires his gun.
(b) Starts hitting the kids.
(c) Gets the warden.
(d) Throws water on them.
3. What does Zero do when Stanley asks him what the mountain looks like?
(a) Gives him a thumbs up.
(b) Begins to pray.
(d) Looks confused.
4. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
(a) "Floor it!"
(b) "Go! Go! Go!"
(c) "Get out!"
(d) "Put it in gear!"
5. What does the warden claim Zero and Stanley did when Stanley's attorney arrives?
(a) Tried to attack her.
(b) Tried to steal her money.
(c) Stole her suitcase.
(d) Tried to use the lizards to kill the councilors.
6. What allows Stanley to see the rock that looks like a thumb against the night sky?
(b) Truck lights.
(c) Spot lights.
7. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
(a) A lynching party.
(b) Sam left her a note.
(c) The town and the lake had turned into a desert.
(d) The school had been rebuilt.
8. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
(a) To look for Kate Barlow's treasure.
(b) To get even with Mr. Sir.
(c) To get water.
(d) To rescue the other boys.
9. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
(b) Spilled the seeds.
(c) Ran his mouth.
(d) Acted weak.
10. What does Zero tell Stanley that Stanley did and his mother did it too?
(a) Took care of him.
(b) Gave him a high five.
(c) Sang him that lullaby.
(d) Walked off and left him.
11. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
(a) Onions and water.
(b) Socks and shovels.
(c) Onions and clean socks.
(d) Shovels and water.
12. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
(a) Stanley's name.
(b) Kate Barlow's name.
(c) The name of the City of Green Lake.
(d) A banks name.
13. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
(a) The pig song.
(b) The reward for her capture.
(c) Her loot.
(d) Her clothes.
14. What was Kate missing when Trout and Linda forced her into the desert?
(a) A garter.
(b) Her hat.
(c) A dress.
15. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
(a) Heads home.
(b) Goes to look for help.
(c) Goes down the mountain for the jars and shovels.
(d) Begins to build a shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
2. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
3. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
4. What did Gladys Tennyson run out of her house to tell Sam?
5. What stops the warden from taking the large metal case from the boys in Part 2, Chapter 45?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)