|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
(a) A twisted ankle.
(b) Stabbed in the stomach.
(d) Gashes on his hands.
2. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
(a) So they won't contaminate the water they drink.
(b) To keep the socks cleaner.
(c) To keep bugs off the socks.
(d) To see if they can.
3. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
(b) Sings him a song.
(c) Gives him words to spell.
(d) Tells him about his home.
4. What does Zero figure out in his head to be 46?
(a) Stanley's days at camp.
(b) Mr. Pendanski's age.
(c) The best number to bet on at roulette.
(d) The amount of lizards per square mile.
5. What do the counselors do when Zero runs away?
(a) Go looking for him.
(b) Have the other boys begin a search.
(c) Call in the police.
(d) Destroy evidence that he was ever there.
6. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
(a) Her loot.
(b) The pig song.
(c) The reward for her capture.
(d) Her clothes.
7. What does Mr. Pendanski tell Stanley to do when Zigzag is taunting him in Part 2?
(a) To ignore Zigzag.
(b) Go tell the warden.
(c) To hit Zigzag.
(d) Spit in his face.
8. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
(a) To make sure there aren't any scorpions in it.
(b) Theft or drugs.
(c) Her car keys are missing.
(d) Theft or confidential information pertaining to other boys.
9. What happens when Stanley finds a large object upside-down in the middle of desert when he is walking alone after the water truck incident?
(a) He finds Zero's body.
(b) He hears Zero singing.
(c) He has a vision of Kate Barlow.
(d) A hand grabs him.
10. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
(a) Begins to build a shelter.
(b) Goes down the mountain for the jars and shovels.
(c) Goes to look for help.
(d) Heads home.
11. What does Stanley think after what Zero says as he is falling asleep on the mountain?
(a) Zero is a liar.
(b) He is angry.
(c) It is impossible.
(d) Zero is delirious.
12. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
(a) They had a noose around her neck.
(b) With a knife.
(c) They threatened to torture her.
(d) At gunpoint.
13. What do Stanley and Zero joke is waiting for them on the top of the mountain?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(c) An ice cream shop.
(d) An all-you-can-eat-buffet.
14. What allows Stanley to see the rock that looks like a thumb against the night sky?
(b) Truck lights.
(c) Spot lights.
15. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
(b) Acted weak.
(c) Spilled the seeds.
(d) Ran his mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who celebrates a birthday in Part 2?
2. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
3. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
4. What do the warden and other counselors do when they see the boys covered by deadly creatures in the hole?
5. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)