|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
(a) What would happen to Zero.
(b) What is after this life.
(c) The pain involved.
(d) How hard it would be on his parents.
2. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
(a) He is scared of Mr. Sir catching him.
(b) He hasn't found Zero's body yet.
(c) The fact that he no longer has to dig.
(d) The rock that looks like a thumbs up.
3. Where did Zero put the famous sneakers he stole that eventually got Stanley in trouble?
(a) He couldn't remember.
(b) On a bridge.
(c) Tied to a balloon.
(d) On top of a car.
4. Why did Linda Miller marry Trout Walker?
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) It was an arranged Marriage.
5. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
(a) Stabbed in the stomach.
(b) Gashes on his hands.
(c) A twisted ankle.
6. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
(a) Stanley is not guilty or in their custody.
(b) The warden is under arrest.
(c) Stanley's name is on the suitcase.
(d) Stanley has been through enough.
7. Who comes to help Stanley when Zigzag is getting the better of Stanley in Part 2?
(a) Mr. Pendanski.
(d) Kate Barlow.
8. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
(a) Onions and clean socks.
(b) Socks and shovels.
(c) Shovels and water.
(d) Onions and water.
9. What did Zero do that got him put in Camp Green Lake?
(a) Stole a new pair of sneakers.
(b) Stole a candy bar.
(c) Stole a bike.
(d) Snuck into a hotel.
10. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
(a) Sam left her a note.
(b) The school had been rebuilt.
(c) The town and the lake had turned into a desert.
(d) A lynching party.
11. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
(a) They had a noose around her neck.
(b) They threatened to torture her.
(c) With a knife.
(d) At gunpoint.
12. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
(b) Mr. Sir.
(c) Kate Barlow.
(d) The warden.
13. What does the warden claim Zero and Stanley did when Stanley's attorney arrives?
(a) Tried to use the lizards to kill the councilors.
(b) Tried to steal her money.
(c) Stole her suitcase.
(d) Tried to attack her.
14. What does Mr. Pendanski tell Stanley to do when Zigzag is taunting him in Part 2?
(a) To hit Zigzag.
(b) Go tell the warden.
(c) Spit in his face.
(d) To ignore Zigzag.
15. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
(a) Acted weak.
(b) Ran his mouth.
(c) Spilled the seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
2. What happens when the lawyer asks to see Zero's paperwork?
3. What does Zigzag accuse Stanley of treating Zero like?
4. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
5. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)