|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
(a) Steal it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Take more than his share of water.
(d) Hitch a ride on it.
2. What does Stanley do when Mr. Sir fills his canteen again the first time?
(a) Pours it out.
(b) Gives it to Zigzag.
(c) Uses it to make a mud pie.
(d) Drinks it.
3. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
4. What does Zero do when Stanley asks him what the mountain looks like?
(a) Looks confused.
(b) Begins to pray.
(d) Gives him a thumbs up.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 35, what does Stanley tell Zero that they need to do?
(a) Got to the mountain.
(b) Pray for rain.
(c) Go back to camp.
(d) Go find outside help.
6. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
(a) "Floor it!"
(b) "Get out!"
(c) "Go! Go! Go!"
(d) "Put it in gear!"
7. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
(a) Mud Pies.
8. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
(a) Goes down the mountain for the jars and shovels.
(b) Begins to build a shelter.
(c) Goes to look for help.
(d) Heads home.
9. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
(a) To keep bugs off the socks.
(b) To see if they can.
(c) So they won't contaminate the water they drink.
(d) To keep the socks cleaner.
10. What did Kate do as she died?
(a) Gave Trout and Linda the loot location.
(b) Ate an onion.
(c) Began screaming for help.
11. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
(a) Spits into it.
(b) Goes into the truck where Stanley can't see it.
(c) Gives it to X-Ray.
(d) Sticks his fingers in it.
12. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
(a) A jet ski.
(b) A horse.
(c) A house.
(d) A boat.
13. What/who does Stanley refuse to leave Camp Green Lake without?
(b) Kate Barlow's tube of lipstick.
(c) A lizard.
(d) The suitcase.
14. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Tells him about his home.
(b) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
(c) Sings him a song.
(d) Gives him words to spell.
15. What does Zero tell Stanley before he falls to sleep on the mountain in Part 2, Chapter 39?
(a) Zero stole the shoes that got Stanley in trouble.
(b) He tells Stanley about Kate Barlow's treasure.
(c) He tell's Stanley they are brothers.
(d) He thanks Stanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the warden claim Zero and Stanley did when Stanley's attorney arrives?
2. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
3. What do the counselors do when Zero runs away?
4. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
5. What name does Stanley find on the upside-down object he finds while walking in the desert alone?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)