|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed Kate Barlow?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A yellow-spotted lizard.
2. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
(a) The warden.
(c) Mr. Sir.
(d) Kate Barlow.
3. Who comes to help Stanley when Zigzag is getting the better of Stanley in Part 2?
(b) Kate Barlow.
(c) Mr. Pendanski.
4. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
(a) Their place in line for water.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their cots.
(d) Their spare socks.
5. What does Stanley do when Mr. Sir fills his canteen again the first time?
(a) Drinks it.
(b) Gives it to Zigzag.
(c) Uses it to make a mud pie.
(d) Pours it out.
6. What is Stanley's biggest fear about dying?
(a) What would happen to Zero.
(b) What is after this life.
(c) The pain involved.
(d) How hard it would be on his parents.
7. What did Zero do that got him put in Camp Green Lake?
(a) Stole a candy bar.
(b) Stole a bike.
(c) Stole a new pair of sneakers.
(d) Snuck into a hotel.
8. What name does Stanley find on the upside-down object he finds while walking in the desert alone?
(a) Trout Walker.
(b) Mr. Sir.
(c) Mary Lou.
(d) Kate Barlow.
9. What does Mr. Pendanski tell Stanley to do when Zigzag is taunting him in Part 2?
(a) Go tell the warden.
(b) To ignore Zigzag.
(c) Spit in his face.
(d) To hit Zigzag.
10. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
(a) "Go! Go! Go!"
(b) "Get out!"
(c) "Put it in gear!"
(d) "Floor it!"
11. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
(a) Stanley's mother.
(b) Stanley's lawyer.
(c) Stanley's father.
(d) Stanley's girlfriend.
12. What does Zero do when Stanley asks him what the mountain looks like?
(a) Gives him a thumbs up.
(b) Begins to pray.
(c) Looks confused.
13. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) He feels that he can do anything.
(c) He is free from his parents.
(d) He has a friend and likes himself.
14. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
(a) He has a headache.
(b) He is dehydrated.
(c) He is sick to his stomach.
(d) He has heatstroke.
15. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
(a) A horse.
(b) A jet ski.
(c) A house.
(d) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zigzag offer Stanley that starts a fight in Part 2?
2. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
3. Who celebrates a birthday in Part 2?
4. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
5. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)