|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
(a) The warden is under arrest.
(b) Stanley is not guilty or in their custody.
(c) Stanley has been through enough.
(d) Stanley's name is on the suitcase.
2. What does Zero offer Stanley while they are under the boat?
(c) Mud Pies.
3. When would Zero go to homeless shelters?
(a) When he was scared.
(b) When he was hungry.
(c) Only in bad weather.
(d) When he felt sad.
4. Who appears when the Zero and Stanley unearth a large metal case?
(a) Mr. Sir.
(c) Kate Barlow.
(d) The warden.
5. What was Kate missing when Trout and Linda forced her into the desert?
(b) A dress.
(c) Her hat.
(d) A garter.
6. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
(a) Heads home.
(b) Begins to build a shelter.
(c) Goes to look for help.
(d) Goes down the mountain for the jars and shovels.
7. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Tells him about his home.
(b) Gives him words to spell.
(c) Sings him a song.
(d) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
8. What did Kate do as she died?
(a) Began screaming for help.
(b) Ate an onion.
(d) Gave Trout and Linda the loot location.
9. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
(b) Stops to rest with Zero.
(c) Carries him.
(d) Tells him to wait there.
10. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
(a) Sam left her a note.
(b) A lynching party.
(c) The school had been rebuilt.
(d) The town and the lake had turned into a desert.
11. What does the warden claim Zero and Stanley did when Stanley's attorney arrives?
(a) Tried to use the lizards to kill the councilors.
(b) Tried to steal her money.
(c) Tried to attack her.
(d) Stole her suitcase.
12. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
(a) He is dehydrated.
(b) He has heatstroke.
(c) He has a headache.
(d) He is sick to his stomach.
13. What did Gladys Tennyson run out of her house to tell Sam?
(a) She wanted to buy his mule, Mary Lou.
(b) That he shouldn't get involved with a white woman.
(c) That she wanted to buy more of his medicine.
(d) That his medicine cured her daughter.
14. Where did Zero put the famous sneakers he stole that eventually got Stanley in trouble?
(a) On a bridge.
(b) He couldn't remember.
(c) Tied to a balloon.
(d) On top of a car.
15. What do the warden and other counselors do when they see the boys covered by deadly creatures in the hole?
(a) Go get gasoline.
(b) Pull out their guns.
(c) Call for help.
(d) Wait for the boys to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Stanley drives home from Camp Green Lake?
2. Why did Linda Miller marry Trout Walker?
3. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
4. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
5. What does Zero tell Stanley that Stanley did and his mother did it too?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)