|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone call Brian when he comes to camp?
(d) Metal head.
2. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
(a) With a knife.
(b) At gunpoint.
(c) They had a noose around her neck.
(d) They threatened to torture her.
3. Who celebrates a birthday in Part 2?
(b) Mr. Pendanski.
4. What happens as Stanley drives home from Camp Green Lake?
(a) The lawyer stops for ice cream.
(b) It rains over Green Lake.
(c) Stanley and Zero make a friendship pact.
(d) Stanley gets car sick.
5. Who do the counselors tell Stanley came to visit the day Stanley is found covered with deadly creatures?
(a) Stanley's mother.
(b) Stanley's lawyer.
(c) Stanley's father.
(d) Stanley's girlfriend.
6. What did Gladys Tennyson run out of her house to tell Sam?
(a) She wanted to buy his mule, Mary Lou.
(b) That his medicine cured her daughter.
(c) That he shouldn't get involved with a white woman.
(d) That she wanted to buy more of his medicine.
7. What does Mr. Pendanski say Stanley should be trying to teach reading to rather than Zero?
(a) Mr. Sir.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A rock.
8. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
(a) Goes in search of other food.
(b) Digs a hole for better water.
(c) Covers Zero up.
(d) Sings him a lullaby.
9. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) He is free from his parents.
(c) He feels that he can do anything.
(d) He has a friend and likes himself.
10. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their place in line for water.
(c) Their cots.
(d) Their spare socks.
11. What job does the tall man with Stanley's lawyer have?
(b) Child Services.
(c) Sheriff of Texas.
(d) Attorney General of Texas.
12. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
(a) To keep bugs off the socks.
(b) So they won't contaminate the water they drink.
(c) To keep the socks cleaner.
(d) To see if they can.
13. What is Brian sent to Camp Green Lake for?
(a) Stripping cars of hub caps.
(c) Stealing a car.
14. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
(a) Stanley is unlucky.
(b) The lack of vegetation.
(c) The lack of animals.
(d) The bad smell.
15. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zero doing while he and Stanley are trapped in the hole covered in deadly creatures?
2. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
3. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
4. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
5. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)