|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things do Zero and Stanley pack before heading back to camp from the mountain?
(a) Socks and shovels.
(b) Shovels and water.
(c) Onions and clean socks.
(d) Onions and water.
2. Who comes to help Stanley when Zigzag is getting the better of Stanley in Part 2?
(b) Mr. Pendanski.
(c) Kate Barlow.
3. What does NOT describe the substance in the jars found by Zero?
4. What did Kate do as she died?
(a) Began screaming for help.
(b) Ate an onion.
(d) Gave Trout and Linda the loot location.
5. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
(d) Kate Barlow.
6. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
(a) The lack of animals.
(b) Stanley is unlucky.
(c) The lack of vegetation.
(d) The bad smell.
7. What allows Stanley to see the rock that looks like a thumb against the night sky?
(c) Truck lights.
(d) Spot lights.
8. What was Kate missing when Trout and Linda forced her into the desert?
(a) Her hat.
(c) A dress.
(d) A garter.
9. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
(a) Spilled the seeds.
(c) Ran his mouth.
(d) Acted weak.
10. What killed Kate Barlow?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A yellow-spotted lizard.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A rattlesnake.
11. What was Brian yelling to Stanley while he was in the water truck?
(a) "Go! Go! Go!"
(b) "Get out!"
(c) "Put it in gear!"
(d) "Floor it!"
12. What did Gladys Tennyson run out of her house to tell Sam?
(a) That she wanted to buy more of his medicine.
(b) She wanted to buy his mule, Mary Lou.
(c) That he shouldn't get involved with a white woman.
(d) That his medicine cured her daughter.
13. What is Brian sent to Camp Green Lake for?
(b) Stripping cars of hub caps.
(c) Stealing a car.
14. What does Zero do when Stanley asks him what the mountain looks like?
(b) Gives him a thumbs up.
(c) Looks confused.
(d) Begins to pray.
15. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
(a) He is free from his parents.
(b) He isn't sure.
(c) He has a friend and likes himself.
(d) He feels that he can do anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
2. What does Stanley find upside-down while walking through the desert alone?
3. What fills some of the holes that Stanley jumps over while walking through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
4. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
5. What does Stanley do when Mr. Sir fills his canteen again the first time?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)