|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
(c) Kate Barlow.
2. What killed Kate Barlow?
(a) A yellow-spotted lizard.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A rattlesnake.
3. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
(b) Tells him about his home.
(c) Gives him words to spell.
(d) Sings him a song.
4. What did Kate do as she died?
(a) Ate an onion.
(b) Gave Trout and Linda the loot location.
(c) Began screaming for help.
5. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Gets the warden.
(b) Starts hitting the kids.
(c) Fires his gun.
(d) Throws water on them.
6. What stops the warden from taking the large metal case from the boys in Part 2, Chapter 45?
(a) They are covered in rattlesnakes.
(b) They are covered in yellow-spotted lizards.
(c) They are covered by alligators.
(d) They are covered in scorpions.
7. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
(a) Her loot.
(b) The pig song.
(c) The reward for her capture.
(d) Her clothes.
8. What makes Stanley think there isn't much hope at the top of the mountain?
(a) Stanley is unlucky.
(b) The bad smell.
(c) The lack of vegetation.
(d) The lack of animals.
9. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
(a) A banks name.
(b) Kate Barlow's name.
(c) The name of the City of Green Lake.
(d) Stanley's name.
10. What does the warden claim Zero and Stanley did when Stanley's attorney arrives?
(a) Stole her suitcase.
(b) Tried to attack her.
(c) Tried to use the lizards to kill the councilors.
(d) Tried to steal her money.
11. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
(a) Goes in search of other food.
(b) Digs a hole for better water.
(c) Covers Zero up.
(d) Sings him a lullaby.
12. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
(a) Stabbed in the stomach.
(b) Gashes on his hands.
(c) A twisted ankle.
13. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
(a) Spilled the seeds.
(c) Acted weak.
(d) Ran his mouth.
14. What does everyone call Brian when he comes to camp?
(c) Metal head.
15. What happens when Stanley finds a large object upside-down in the middle of desert when he is walking alone after the water truck incident?
(a) He has a vision of Kate Barlow.
(b) He finds Zero's body.
(c) A hand grabs him.
(d) He hears Zero singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the other boys mad at Stanley?
2. What does Mr. Pendanski do because Mr. Sir refuses to give Stanley a fair share of water?
3. What reason does the warden give for needing to check Stanley's suitcase?
4. What does Brian do that earns him his nickname?
5. What happens when Stanley is in the water truck?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)