|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
(a) Stanley has been through enough.
(b) The warden is under arrest.
(c) Stanley's name is on the suitcase.
(d) Stanley is not guilty or in their custody.
2. What surprises Stanley as he walks through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) The heat.
(b) The number of holes.
(c) The intense sun.
(d) Not finding Zero's body.
3. What did Zero do that got him put in Camp Green Lake?
(a) Stole a bike.
(b) Stole a candy bar.
(c) Stole a new pair of sneakers.
(d) Snuck into a hotel.
4. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
(a) He makes a map on his clean socks.
(b) They look for a fossilized rock.
(c) A diagram.
(d) They play eenie-meenie-minie-moe.
5. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
(a) The fact that he no longer has to dig.
(b) He is scared of Mr. Sir catching him.
(c) He hasn't found Zero's body yet.
(d) The rock that looks like a thumbs up.
6. What does Mr. Sir do when he finally decides to fill Stanley's canteen?
(a) Goes into the truck where Stanley can't see it.
(b) Gives it to X-Ray.
(c) Sticks his fingers in it.
(d) Spits into it.
7. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
(a) He has heatstroke.
(b) He is sick to his stomach.
(c) He is dehydrated.
(d) He has a headache.
8. What injury does Zero incur while trying to help Stanley up the side of the mountain?
(a) Stabbed in the stomach.
(c) A twisted ankle.
(d) Gashes on his hands.
9. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
(a) Steal it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Take more than his share of water.
(d) Hitch a ride on it.
10. What allows Stanley to see the rock that looks like a thumb against the night sky?
(a) Spot lights.
(d) Truck lights.
11. Why did Linda Miller marry Trout Walker?
(a) She was pregnant.
(d) It was an arranged Marriage.
12. In Part 2, Chapter 35, what does Stanley tell Zero that they need to do?
(a) Go find outside help.
(b) Pray for rain.
(c) Go back to camp.
(d) Got to the mountain.
13. Why do the Zero and Stanley wash their socks in the jars?
(a) So they won't contaminate the water they drink.
(b) To keep bugs off the socks.
(c) To see if they can.
(d) To keep the socks cleaner.
14. What did Trout and Linda want from Kate?
(a) The reward for her capture.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) The pig song.
(d) Her loot.
15. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
(a) To get even with Mr. Sir.
(b) To rescue the other boys.
(c) To look for Kate Barlow's treasure.
(d) To get water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pendanski do because Mr. Sir refuses to give Stanley a fair share of water?
2. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
3. What do the counselors do when Zero runs away?
4. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
5. What does Zero say is written on the suitcase?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)