|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Stanley is in the water truck?
(a) He is caught by Mr. Sir.
(b) He runs it into a hole.
(c) He finds a map.
(d) He is bitten by a yellow-spotted lizard.
2. What allows Stanley to see the rock that looks like a thumb against the night sky?
(a) Truck lights.
(d) Spot lights.
3. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
(b) Stops to rest with Zero.
(c) Tells him to wait there.
(d) Carries him.
4. What did Kate do as she died?
(a) Ate an onion.
(b) Began screaming for help.
(c) Gave Trout and Linda the loot location.
5. How does Zero make sure he and Stanley find the right hole on their way back to camp after being on the mountain?
(a) A diagram.
(b) They play eenie-meenie-minie-moe.
(c) They look for a fossilized rock.
(d) He makes a map on his clean socks.
6. What fills some of the holes that Stanley jumps over while walking through the desert alone after the water truck incident?
(a) Yellow-spotted lizards.
7. What did Zero pretend to be while he slept outside?
(a) A wild animal.
(b) A Cub Scout.
(c) A super hero.
(d) An army man.
8. What happens when the lawyer asks to see Zero's paperwork?
(a) Warden fakes a few pieces quickly.
(b) None can be found.
(c) Zero realizes the lawyer is his mother.
(d) Zero is found to be kidnapped .
9. Why does Stanley plan a trip back to Camp Green Lake?
(a) To get water.
(b) To get even with Mr. Sir.
(c) To rescue the other boys.
(d) To look for Kate Barlow's treasure.
10. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
(a) Begins to build a shelter.
(b) Heads home.
(c) Goes down the mountain for the jars and shovels.
(d) Goes to look for help.
11. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
(a) Stanley has been through enough.
(b) The warden is under arrest.
(c) Stanley's name is on the suitcase.
(d) Stanley is not guilty or in their custody.
12. What is wrong with Zero when Stanley finds him after the water truck incident?
(a) He has heatstroke.
(b) He is sick to his stomach.
(c) He has a headache.
(d) He is dehydrated.
13. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
(a) Their cots.
(b) Their spare socks.
(c) Their place in line for water.
(d) Their food.
14. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
(a) They had a noose around her neck.
(b) They threatened to torture her.
(c) At gunpoint.
(d) With a knife.
15. What did Kate Barlow find left of the town of Green Lake 20 years after the death of Sam?
(a) Sam left her a note.
(b) A lynching party.
(c) The town and the lake had turned into a desert.
(d) The school had been rebuilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
2. What does Mr. Pendanski do because Mr. Sir refuses to give Stanley a fair share of water?
3. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
4. What does Zero figure out in his head to be 46?
5. What was it that had made Gladys Tennyson's daughter sick?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)