|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the other boys mad at Stanley?
(a) Zero is digging for Stanley
(b) Stanley gets extra water
(c) The warden is giving Stanley special treatment
(d) Mr. Pendanski is trying to be Stanley's friend
2. What is Zero doing while he and Stanley are trapped in the hole covered in deadly creatures?
(a) Sounding out letters.
(b) Singing the lullaby his mother and Stanley both sang.
(c) Spelling small words.
3. Where did Zero put the famous sneakers he stole that eventually got Stanley in trouble?
(a) On a bridge.
(b) He couldn't remember.
(c) Tied to a balloon.
(d) On top of a car.
4. Who comes to help Stanley when Zigzag is getting the better of Stanley in Part 2?
(a) Kate Barlow.
(d) Mr. Pendanski.
5. Who does Pendanski blame the fight between Zigzag and Standley on?
(d) Kate Barlow.
6. By Part 2, Chapter 42, what has happened to Stanley for the first time in his life that makes him happy?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) He has a friend and likes himself.
(c) He feels that he can do anything.
(d) He is free from his parents.
7. What reason does the lawyer say the warden can't check the suitcase?
(a) The warden is under arrest.
(b) Stanley has been through enough.
(c) Stanley's name is on the suitcase.
(d) Stanley is not guilty or in their custody.
8. What does Zero tell Stanley before he falls to sleep on the mountain in Part 2, Chapter 39?
(a) He tell's Stanley they are brothers.
(b) He thanks Stanley.
(c) Zero stole the shoes that got Stanley in trouble.
(d) He tells Stanley about Kate Barlow's treasure.
9. What does Mr. Pendanski say Stanley should be trying to teach reading to rather than Zero?
(a) A rock.
(b) A lizard.
(c) Mr. Sir.
(d) A shovel.
10. What do the warden and other counselors do when they see the boys covered by deadly creatures in the hole?
(a) Wait for the boys to die.
(b) Pull out their guns.
(c) Go get gasoline.
(d) Call for help.
11. What do the boys say Stanley did to deserve Mr. Sir's treatment with the water?
(a) Spilled the seeds.
(c) Ran his mouth.
(d) Acted weak.
12. What/who does Stanley refuse to leave Camp Green Lake without?
(b) The suitcase.
(c) Kate Barlow's tube of lipstick.
(d) A lizard.
13. What does Mr. Pendanski do to break up the fight between Zigzag and Stanley?
(a) Gets the warden.
(b) Starts hitting the kids.
(c) Fires his gun.
(d) Throws water on them.
14. What does Stanley do when Zero gives out while they are climbing the side of the mountain?
(a) Tells him to wait there.
(b) Carries him.
(c) Pushes him over the side of the mountain.
(d) Stops to rest with Zero.
15. What stops the warden from taking the large metal case from the boys in Part 2, Chapter 45?
(a) They are covered by alligators.
(b) They are covered in yellow-spotted lizards.
(c) They are covered in scorpions.
(d) They are covered in rattlesnakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
2. What does Stanley try to do when the water truck comes to give them water?
3. What happens when Stanley finds a large object upside-down in the middle of desert when he is walking alone after the water truck incident?
4. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
5. What did Gladys Tennyson run out of her house to tell Sam?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)