|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tradition do the boys have after they finish every hole?
(a) To spit in it.
(b) To name it.
(c) To urinate in it.
(d) To kick a pile of dirt back in it.
2. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
(a) X-Ray pulls Stanley to a secret place to talk.
(b) X-Ray hits Stanley.
(c) X-Ray ignores Stanley.
(d) X-Ray says he has lost the object.
3. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
(a) You are already dead.
(b) You are looking at their belly.
(c) You can smell them.
(d) You need to run.
4. What reason does Mr. Pendanski give for Mr. Sir being in a bad mood?
(a) Mr. Sir quit smoking.
(b) Mr. Sir lost his hat.
(c) Mr. Sir hates the heat.
(d) Mr. Sir has a tooth ache.
5. What did Sarah sing to her son Stanley after he was born?
(a) A song about a treasure.
(b) A song about an apple tree.
(c) The pig lullaby.
(d) A song about Elya's travel to America.
6. What feeling does Mr. Sir tell Stanley that Stanley will have for the next eighteen months?
7. What does the warden poke Armpit with while he is on a bathroom break?
(a) A pitchfork.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A knife.
(d) A wooden Stake.
8. Who is staring over Stanley's shoulder while he writes his letter to his parents?
9. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
(a) A day spa resort.
(b) A rich kid summer camp.
(c) Summer school.
(d) A sleep over.
10. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
(a) With their arms.
(b) They are given rulers.
(c) The warden comes and measures.
(d) With their shovels.
11. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
(a) The warden convinces him it is best that way.
(b) The boys are dangerous.
(c) He thinks the boys are low class.
(d) He has t0o many friends.
12. How does Zigzag say the warden knows so much about the boys?
(b) Microphones and cameras.
(c) Mr. Sir's detailed reports.
(d) Evil gnomes.
13. Why is the "rec room" referred to as the "wreck room"?
(a) The rec room is used for fixing the warden's broken trucks.
(b) The rec room was made into the warden's relaxation area.
(c) The building was torn down.
(d) All the equipment is broken.
14. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
(d) Yellow-spotted lizards.
15. What does Zero tell Mr. Pendanski when asked what he wants to do with his life?
(a) He likes to dig holes.
(b) He wants to be a policeman.
(c) He wants to be president.
(d) He tells Mr. Pendanski to shut up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Mr. Walker given the name "Trout"?
2. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
3. Mr. Sir has a tattoo of ________.
4. What is Stanley's father's profession?
5. What does Stanley memorize before he is moved closer to the hole that X-Ray had been digging when he claimed to have found the tube?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)