|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Stanley finishes his first hole?
(a) The other boys cheer Stanley.
(b) Stanley can't get out.
(c) Stanley is allowed a phone call home.
(d) Stanley names the hole.
2. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
(a) X-Ray ignores Stanley.
(b) X-Ray hits Stanley.
(c) X-Ray says he has lost the object.
(d) X-Ray pulls Stanley to a secret place to talk.
3. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
4. What does Stanley notice when he sees the boys line up for water?
(a) They are in the same order as the day before.
(b) They are giggling.
(c) They shove to get to the front.
(d) They aren't concerned about getting there.
5. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) A tube of lipstick.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A map.
(d) The fortune.
6. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
(a) Dumps dirt on him.
(b) Punches him in the nose.
(c) Gives him a wedgie.
(d) Hits him with a shovel.
7. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
(a) They are out of town.
(b) Stanley have been in too much trouble already.
(c) They have no money.
(d) Stanley needs to learn a lesson.
8. What does Zero give Stanley in return for teaching him something?
(a) Zero gives Stanley some of his food.
(b) Zero gives Stanley his clean socks.
(c) Zero digs Stanley's hole for an equal portion of teaching time.
(d) Zero gives Stanley spanish lessons.
9. What was Kate Barlow's job in the town of Green Lake?
(a) Saloon girl.
(c) School teacher.
10. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
(a) She was shot in the head.
(b) She was eaten.
(c) Kate managed to hide her.
(d) She ran away.
11. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
(a) Because Stanley and X-Ray are friends.
(b) Because Stanley and X-Ray want to know what what the warden wants.
(c) Because X-Ray is the leader of the boys.
(d) Because Stanley is afraid of X-Ray.
12. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
(a) Swimming and golfing.
(b) Junior politician lessons.
(c) Fishing and hunting.
(d) Fun and games.
13. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) Take X-Ray's cantine and fill it.
(b) Move ahead of Zero.
(c) Go to the front of the line.
(d) Go back to work.
14. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
(a) She exercises.
(b) She is to stuborn to get sick.
(c) She only eats onions.
(d) The Lord has blessed her.
15. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) There is a yellow-spotted lizard in it.
(b) Someone started filling it back in.
(c) The other boys threw trash in it.
(d) Someone has already dug it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
2. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
3. Why was Mr. Walker given the name "Trout"?
4. What does the warden explain is the secret ingredient in her red nail polish?
5. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)