|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stanley's original reply when Zero asks him to teach him to read?
(b) We don't have time.
(c) You can't learn.
2. What does the warden try to get the boys to do the day after the lipstick is brought to the warden's attention?
(a) Tell her the exact location it was found.
(b) make a full working line to maximize efficiency.
(c) Dig faster.
(d) Have them find the rest of the makeup.
3. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Her hand lotion.
(b) His family fortune.
(c) Her hair brush.
(d) Her make-up case.
4. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
(a) Kate managed to hide her.
(b) She was shot in the head.
(c) She was eaten.
(d) She ran away.
5. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) X-Ray ordered the other boys to dig it.
6. What did the sheriff tell Kate that he always got drunk before?
(a) A hanging.
(b) He gets a kiss.
(c) A dance.
(d) His town meeting.
7. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
(a) Myra was ugly and has a lisp.
(b) Mrya was rich and self-absorbed.
(c) Myra was silly and shallow.
(d) Myra was too old for Elya
8. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
(a) You are already dead.
(b) You need to run.
(c) You are looking at their belly.
(d) You can smell them.
9. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
(d) Yellow-spotted lizards.
10. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A pile of money.
11. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
(a) X-Ray hits Stanley.
(b) X-Ray ignores Stanley.
(c) X-Ray pulls Stanley to a secret place to talk.
(d) X-Ray says he has lost the object.
12. Why does Zero say he did what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Because he felt sorry for Stanley.
(b) Because Zero knew Stanley didn't steal the sneakers or the seeds.
(c) Zero loves to dig holes.
(d) Zero hates Mr. Sir.
13. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
(a) Fishing and hunting.
(b) Fun and games.
(c) Junior politician lessons.
(d) Swimming and golfing.
14. Why is the "rec room" referred to as the "wreck room"?
(a) The building was torn down.
(b) The rec room was made into the warden's relaxation area.
(c) The rec room is used for fixing the warden's broken trucks.
(d) All the equipment is broken.
15. What tradition do the boys have after they finish every hole?
(a) To urinate in it.
(b) To kick a pile of dirt back in it.
(c) To name it.
(d) To spit in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley memorize before he is moved closer to the hole that X-Ray had been digging when he claimed to have found the tube?
2. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
3. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
4. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
5. What does Mr. Sir bandage Stanley with after Zigzag hurts Stanley while they are working in a hole together?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)