|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
(a) She exercises.
(b) She is to stuborn to get sick.
(c) She only eats onions.
(d) The Lord has blessed her.
2. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(b) A pile of money.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A scorpion.
3. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
(a) She was shot in the head.
(b) She ran away.
(c) Kate managed to hide her.
(d) She was eaten.
4. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
(a) He died.
(b) He won the lottery.
(c) He went home.
(d) He is in the hospital.
5. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
(a) Myra was silly and shallow.
(b) Myra was ugly and has a lisp.
(c) Myra was too old for Elya
(d) Mrya was rich and self-absorbed.
6. What does the warden try to get the boys to do the day after the lipstick is brought to the warden's attention?
(a) Dig faster.
(b) Tell her the exact location it was found.
(c) Have them find the rest of the makeup.
(d) make a full working line to maximize efficiency.
7. Why does Stanley tell X-Ray to wait to give what he found in the hole on the third day to Mr. Pendanski until the next day?
(a) So they can see if there is anything valuable about the tube.
(b) So that they will get more time off.
(c) So they can lie about where they found it.
(d) They want to try the lipstick on.
8. How many changes of clothes are the boys at Camp Green Lake given?
(d) They have to share.
9. What does Mr. Sir do when Stanley comes to have his canteen filled with water?
(a) Spits in Stanley's water.
(b) Refuses to give Stanley any water.
(c) Gives Stanley's water to X-Ray.
(d) Pours Stanley's water on the ground.
10. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
(a) Fig preserves.
(b) Grape jelly.
(c) Spiced peaches.
(d) Apple dumplings.
11. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
(a) He lost it in the desert.
(b) The government took it.
(c) It was taken by Indians.
(d) It was stolen by Kissing Kate Barlow.
12. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
(a) He wanted the day off and is disappointed.
(b) He feels stupid.
(c) He doesn't like Stanley.
(d) He can't see well.
13. Who does Stanley's family say is the cause of their bad luck?
(a) Stanley's great-great-grandfather.
(b) Madame Zeroni.
(c) Stanley's old girl friend.
(d) Stanley's great-great-grandmother.
14. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
(a) You need to run.
(b) You are looking at their belly.
(c) You can smell them.
(d) You are already dead.
15. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
(a) Begins to cry.
(b) Hits Stanley with a shovel.
(c) Punches Stanley.
(d) Throws Stanley to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
2. What did the sheriff tell Kate that he always got drunk before?
3. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
4. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski to do that he has already done?
5. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)