|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
(a) He lost it in the desert.
(b) It was taken by Indians.
(c) The government took it.
(d) It was stolen by Kissing Kate Barlow.
2. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
(a) Junior politician lessons.
(b) Swimming and golfing.
(c) Fun and games.
(d) Fishing and hunting.
3. What does Stanley find Squid doing, even though Squid denies it?
(d) Having nightmares.
4. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
(a) She only eats onions.
(b) The Lord has blessed her.
(c) She exercises.
(d) She is to stuborn to get sick.
5. Mr. Sir has a tattoo of ________.
(a) A scorpion.
(b) The word "mom".
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A skull and bones.
6. What has Stanley been told he will win if he ever finds anything interesting while digging?
(a) The rest of the day off.
(b) An extra hour of sleep.
(c) An extra plate of food.
(d) An extra glass of water.
7. Where did X-Ray get his nickname?
(a) X-Ray correctly guessed what was in a metal box.
(b) His mother.
(c) It is a joke among the boys.
(d) Pig Latin.
8. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
(a) Dig fast and steady.
(b) Stay away from the snakes.
(c) Don't speak unless spoken to.
(d) Don't upset the warden.
9. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
(a) Stanley spills them in his hole.
(b) Stanley throws them right back.
(c) Stanley saves them for later.
(d) Stanley gives them back to Mr. Sir.
10. How many changes of clothes are the boys at Camp Green Lake given?
(c) They have to share.
11. Why does Stanley decide not to go to the warden directly with what he finds in a hole on the third day of digging?
(a) He is afraid of X-Ray.
(b) He doesn't trust the warden.
(c) He had made a blood pact with X-Ray.
(d) He doesn't believe the warden will find it interesting.
12. What happens to Stanley over time at the camp?
(a) He begins to get sick.
(b) He grows stronger.
(c) He makes friends with Mr. Pendanski.
(d) He starts to hate the camp.
13. What does Zero tell Mr. Pendanski when asked what he wants to do with his life?
(a) He likes to dig holes.
(b) He wants to be president.
(c) He wants to be a policeman.
(d) He tells Mr. Pendanski to shut up.
14. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
(a) He has t0o many friends.
(b) He thinks the boys are low class.
(c) The warden convinces him it is best that way.
(d) The boys are dangerous.
15. Who does Stanley's family say is the cause of their bad luck?
(a) Stanley's great-great-grandmother.
(b) Madame Zeroni.
(c) Stanley's great-great-grandfather.
(d) Stanley's old girl friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kate Barlow's job in the town of Green Lake?
2. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
3. How does Zigzag say the warden knows so much about the boys?
4. What does Mr. Sir bandage Stanley with after Zigzag hurts Stanley while they are working in a hole together?
5. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)