|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
(a) A new cot to sleep on.
(b) A letter from his mother.
(c) A letter from his girlfriend.
(d) His attorney.
2. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
(a) She is to stuborn to get sick.
(b) She exercises.
(c) The Lord has blessed her.
(d) She only eats onions.
3. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
(a) Atop of a mountain.
(b) The finger of God.
(c) God's shelter.
(d) The hand of God.
4. What does the warden explain is the secret ingredient in her red nail polish?
(a) Snake blood.
(b) Snake venom.
(c) Scorpion venom.
(d) Lizard spit.
5. Why does Zero say he did what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Because he felt sorry for Stanley.
(b) Zero loves to dig holes.
(c) Zero hates Mr. Sir.
(d) Because Zero knew Stanley didn't steal the sneakers or the seeds.
6. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
(a) Tent D.
(b) Tent A.
(c) Tent S.
(d) Tent 123.
7. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
(a) The failed judicial system.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Bad luck.
8. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
(a) X-Ray hits Stanley.
(b) X-Ray pulls Stanley to a secret place to talk.
(c) X-Ray says he has lost the object.
(d) X-Ray ignores Stanley.
9. What was Kate Barlow's job in the town of Green Lake?
(a) Saloon girl.
(c) School teacher.
10. Despite the fact that Zero doesn't read what does Stanley realize Zero is very good at?
(a) Manipulating Warden and Mr. Sir.
11. What does the warden do after telling Mr. Sir she doesn't care about his sunflower seeds?
(a) Spits on him.
(b) Kicks him out of her office.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Hugs him.
12. Who does the warden have fill the canteens after Mr. Pendanski hesitated?
(d) Mr. Sir.
13. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
(a) Dumps dirt on him.
(b) Hits him with a shovel.
(c) Gives him a wedgie.
(d) Punches him in the nose.
14. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
(a) She was shot in the head.
(b) She was eaten.
(c) She ran away.
(d) Kate managed to hide her.
15. What tradition do the boys have after they finish every hole?
(a) To kick a pile of dirt back in it.
(b) To name it.
(c) To spit in it.
(d) To urinate in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zigzag say the warden knows so much about the boys?
2. Why does Stanley decide not to go to the warden directly with what he finds in a hole on the third day of digging?
3. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
4. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
5. What is not true about the yellow-spotted lizards?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)