|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sir take Stanley to the warden for in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Stealing sunflower seeds.
(b) Stealing the water truck.
(c) Trying to run away.
(d) Lying about where the lipstick was found.
2. What does the warden explain is the secret ingredient in her red nail polish?
(a) Snake venom.
(b) Scorpion venom.
(c) Snake blood.
(d) Lizard spit.
3. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) Someone started filling it back in.
(b) The other boys threw trash in it.
(c) There is a yellow-spotted lizard in it.
(d) Someone has already dug it.
4. Why did Madam Zeroni need someone to carry her to the top of the mountain?
(a) She was blind.
(b) She was old and weak.
(c) She was afraid of the animals on the mountain.
(d) She had no foot.
5. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
(a) Walk back to camp.
(b) Dig Stanley's hole.
(c) Cook dinner for the boys.
(d) Act as a step stool.
6. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) A map.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A tube of lipstick.
(d) The fortune.
7. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
(a) The Second Doctor.
(b) The Lizard Man.
(c) The Onion Man.
(d) The Thief.
8. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski that he is doing wrong after she has brought blood on one of the boys?
(a) Working them too hard.
(b) Giving them too many breaks.
(c) Not working them hard enough.
(d) Giving them too much water.
9. What does Stanley find Squid doing, even though Squid denies it?
(b) Having nightmares.
10. What does Stanley offer to do for Zero to pay him back for what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Teach him to read.
(b) Write letters for him.
(c) Teach him to dance.
(d) Teach him to write.
11. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
12. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) Their parents.
(d) The failed judicial system.
13. What feeling does Mr. Sir tell Stanley that Stanley will have for the next eighteen months?
14. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
(a) Gives him a wedgie.
(b) Punches him in the nose.
(c) Dumps dirt on him.
(d) Hits him with a shovel.
15. What is Stanley's father's profession?
(a) Camp Councilor.
(c) Factory Worker.
(d) Bank Teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
2. Despite the fact that Zero doesn't read what does Stanley realize Zero is very good at?
3. What is Mr. Pendanski's response to the rock with the fish fossil?
4. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
5. Where did X-Ray get his nickname?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)