|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
(a) "Old Woman in the Shoe."
(b) "Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater."
(c) "The Muffin Man."
(d) "Old Mother Hubbard."
2. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
3. What does Mr. Sir take Stanley to the warden for in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Stealing the water truck.
(b) Trying to run away.
(c) Lying about where the lipstick was found.
(d) Stealing sunflower seeds.
4. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
(a) He wanted the day off and is disappointed.
(b) He can't see well.
(c) He doesn't like Stanley.
(d) He feels stupid.
5. What did the sheriff tell Kate that he always got drunk before?
(a) A dance.
(b) His town meeting.
(c) A hanging.
(d) He gets a kiss.
6. What does Mr. Sir do when Stanley comes to have his canteen filled with water?
(a) Spits in Stanley's water.
(b) Pours Stanley's water on the ground.
(c) Gives Stanley's water to X-Ray.
(d) Refuses to give Stanley any water.
7. What does Zero tell Mr. Pendanski when asked what he wants to do with his life?
(a) He likes to dig holes.
(b) He wants to be a policeman.
(c) He wants to be president.
(d) He tells Mr. Pendanski to shut up.
8. Despite the fact that Zero doesn't read what does Stanley realize Zero is very good at?
(b) Manipulating Warden and Mr. Sir.
9. Where did X-Ray get his nickname?
(a) X-Ray correctly guessed what was in a metal box.
(b) His mother.
(c) It is a joke among the boys.
(d) Pig Latin.
10. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski to do that he has already done?
(a) Rub her feet.
(b) Bring the boys a snack.
(c) Wash the truck.
(d) Fill the canteens.
11. What is Stanley's father's profession?
(a) Factory Worker.
(b) Camp Councilor.
(d) Bank Teller.
12. What feeling does Mr. Sir tell Stanley that Stanley will have for the next eighteen months?
13. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) Someone has already dug it.
(b) The other boys threw trash in it.
(c) There is a yellow-spotted lizard in it.
(d) Someone started filling it back in.
14. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
(a) Gives him a wedgie.
(b) Punches him in the nose.
(c) Dumps dirt on him.
(d) Hits him with a shovel.
15. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
(a) She was shot in the head.
(b) She ran away.
(c) Kate managed to hide her.
(d) She was eaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
2. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
3. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski that he is doing wrong after she has brought blood on one of the boys?
4. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
5. Who is staring over Stanley's shoulder while he writes his letter to his parents?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)