|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
(a) Sunflower seeds.
(b) False teeth.
2. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
(a) He won the lottery.
(b) He died.
(c) He is in the hospital.
(d) He went home.
3. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
(a) The swat team tearing apart the rec room.
(b) Mr. Pendanski counseling the boys.
(c) Mr. Sir yelling at Zero.
(d) The warden punishing X-Ray.
4. Why does Stanley decide not to go to the warden directly with what he finds in a hole on the third day of digging?
(a) He is afraid of X-Ray.
(b) He doesn't believe the warden will find it interesting.
(c) He had made a blood pact with X-Ray.
(d) He doesn't trust the warden.
5. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
(a) She was eaten.
(b) Kate managed to hide her.
(c) She was shot in the head.
(d) She ran away.
6. Why does Zero say he did what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Because Zero knew Stanley didn't steal the sneakers or the seeds.
(b) Because he felt sorry for Stanley.
(c) Zero loves to dig holes.
(d) Zero hates Mr. Sir.
7. What is on the object Stanley finds while digging on the third day?
(a) An arrow.
(b) Stanley's name.
(c) A heart and the name Mary Lou.
(d) A heart and the letters K.B.
8. Why does the warden lose interest in the digging project?
(a) Nothing else is found.
(b) The boys are digging too slow.
(c) She gets tired of being dirty.
(d) The digging is too hot.
9. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
(c) Yellow-spotted lizards.
10. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
(a) You are looking at their belly.
(b) You can smell them.
(c) You need to run.
(d) You are already dead.
11. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
(a) Gives Stanley a phone call.
(b) Makes a place for Stanley next to him.
(c) Has Stanley trade cots.
(d) Gives Stanley some of the extra food he got.
12. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) Someone started filling it back in.
(b) There is a yellow-spotted lizard in it.
(c) The other boys threw trash in it.
(d) Someone has already dug it.
13. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A pile of money.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
14. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
(a) Because Stanley is afraid of X-Ray.
(b) Because Stanley and X-Ray want to know what what the warden wants.
(c) Because Stanley and X-Ray are friends.
(d) Because X-Ray is the leader of the boys.
15. What happens when Stanley finishes his first hole?
(a) The other boys cheer Stanley.
(b) Stanley names the hole.
(c) Stanley is allowed a phone call home.
(d) Stanley can't get out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stanley's family say is the cause of their bad luck?
2. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
3. Why could Sam and Kate not see each other?
4. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
5. Who was the first person that Kate kissed after she killed them, starting the name "Kissing Kate Barlow" and her life as an outlaw?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)