|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
(a) Dig fast and steady.
(b) Stay away from the snakes.
(c) Don't upset the warden.
(d) Don't speak unless spoken to.
2. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
(a) You are looking at their belly.
(b) You are already dead.
(c) You need to run.
(d) You can smell them.
3. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
(a) A map.
(b) A fossil of a fish.
(c) An old shoe.
(d) A nickel.
4. Who does Stanley's family say is the cause of their bad luck?
(a) Stanley's great-great-grandmother.
(b) Stanley's old girl friend.
(c) Stanley's great-great-grandfather.
(d) Madame Zeroni.
5. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
(a) Myra was silly and shallow.
(b) Myra was too old for Elya
(c) Myra was ugly and has a lisp.
(d) Mrya was rich and self-absorbed.
6. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
(a) He doesn't like Stanley.
(b) He wanted the day off and is disappointed.
(c) He can't see well.
(d) He feels stupid.
7. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) An old shoe.
(b) A tube of lipstick.
(c) A map.
(d) The fortune.
8. What does Zero tell Mr. Pendanski when asked what he wants to do with his life?
(a) He wants to be president.
(b) He wants to be a policeman.
(c) He tells Mr. Pendanski to shut up.
(d) He likes to dig holes.
9. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
(a) Apple dumplings.
(b) Spiced peaches.
(c) Fig preserves.
(d) Grape jelly.
10. What does the warden do after telling Mr. Sir she doesn't care about his sunflower seeds?
(a) Spits on him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Kicks him out of her office.
(d) Hugs him.
11. What is Mr. Pendanski's response to the rock with the fish fossil?
(a) He does a jig.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is uninterested.
12. What tradition do the boys have after they finish every hole?
(a) To spit in it.
(b) To name it.
(c) To urinate in it.
(d) To kick a pile of dirt back in it.
13. What does Zero give Stanley in return for teaching him something?
(a) Zero gives Stanley some of his food.
(b) Zero gives Stanley spanish lessons.
(c) Zero gives Stanley his clean socks.
(d) Zero digs Stanley's hole for an equal portion of teaching time.
14. What happens when Stanley finishes his first hole?
(a) Stanley names the hole.
(b) Stanley is allowed a phone call home.
(c) The other boys cheer Stanley.
(d) Stanley can't get out.
15. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do with anything else Stanley finds in his holes?
(a) Give it to X-Ray.
(b) Put it back in the hole.
(c) Feed it to the yellow-spotted lizards.
(d) Take it directly to the warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the warden have fill the canteens after Mr. Pendanski hesitated?
2. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
3. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
4. What does Stanley notice when he sees the boys line up for water?
5. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)