|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do with anything else Stanley finds in his holes?
(a) Give it to X-Ray.
(b) Feed it to the yellow-spotted lizards.
(c) Put it back in the hole.
(d) Take it directly to the warden.
2. What is Stanley's original reply when Zero asks him to teach him to read?
(c) We don't have time.
(d) You can't learn.
3. Why could Sam and Kate not see each other?
(a) Sam was black.
(b) Kate was blind.
(c) Sam was poor.
(d) Kate was spoken for.
4. How does Zigzag say the warden knows so much about the boys?
(a) Mr. Sir's detailed reports.
(b) Microphones and cameras.
(c) Evil gnomes.
5. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
(a) They are given rulers.
(b) The warden comes and measures.
(c) With their shovels.
(d) With their arms.
6. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
(a) Stanley needs to learn a lesson.
(b) They have no money.
(c) They are out of town.
(d) Stanley have been in too much trouble already.
7. Who does Stanley say he has to blame for being at camp?
(a) His no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-grandfather.
(b) His no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-grandmother.
(c) His crazy-no-good-lazy-dumb-aunt.
(d) His dog.
8. Why does Zero say he did what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Because Zero knew Stanley didn't steal the sneakers or the seeds.
(b) Zero hates Mr. Sir.
(c) Zero loves to dig holes.
(d) Because he felt sorry for Stanley.
9. What does Stanley refuse from Mr. Pendanski after Stanley gets out of the first hole he dug?
(a) A piece of candy.
(b) A drink of water.
(c) A hand shake.
(d) A ride back to camp.
10. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
(a) Yellow-spotted lizards.
11. Where did X-Ray get his nickname?
(a) His mother.
(b) It is a joke among the boys.
(c) Pig Latin.
(d) X-Ray correctly guessed what was in a metal box.
12. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
13. What was Kate Barlow's job in the town of Green Lake?
(b) Saloon girl.
(c) School teacher.
14. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) The failed judicial system.
(d) Their parents.
15. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) Go back to work.
(b) Go to the front of the line.
(c) Take X-Ray's cantine and fill it.
(d) Move ahead of Zero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the "rec room" referred to as the "wreck room"?
2. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
3. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
4. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
5. How many changes of clothes are the boys at Camp Green Lake given?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)