|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Stanley's great-grandfather make his fortune?
(b) Livestock Market.
(c) Stock Market.
2. What does Zero tell Mr. Pendanski when asked what he wants to do with his life?
(a) He wants to be president.
(b) He likes to dig holes.
(c) He tells Mr. Pendanski to shut up.
(d) He wants to be a policeman.
3. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
(a) He died.
(b) He went home.
(c) He won the lottery.
(d) He is in the hospital.
4. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
(a) It was taken by Indians.
(b) The government took it.
(c) It was stolen by Kissing Kate Barlow.
(d) He lost it in the desert.
5. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) Go to the front of the line.
(b) Go back to work.
(c) Move ahead of Zero.
(d) Take X-Ray's cantine and fill it.
6. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
(a) Has Stanley trade cots.
(b) Makes a place for Stanley next to him.
(c) Gives Stanley some of the extra food he got.
(d) Gives Stanley a phone call.
7. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
(a) Mr. Sir's broken arm.
(b) Mr. Sir's new dog.
(c) Mr. Sir's swollen face.
(d) Mr. Sir's stitches.
8. Why does Stanley tell X-Ray to wait to give what he found in the hole on the third day to Mr. Pendanski until the next day?
(a) So they can lie about where they found it.
(b) They want to try the lipstick on.
(c) So they can see if there is anything valuable about the tube.
(d) So that they will get more time off.
9. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
(a) He feels stupid.
(b) He doesn't like Stanley.
(c) He can't see well.
(d) He wanted the day off and is disappointed.
10. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(d) X-Ray ordered the other boys to dig it.
11. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
(a) She is to stuborn to get sick.
(b) The Lord has blessed her.
(c) She exercises.
(d) She only eats onions.
12. What does Stanley refer to the camp as when he writes his mother?
(a) Camp laugh-a-lot.
(b) Camp fun and games.
(c) Camp Aaaaaaaa!.
(d) Camp come-on-and-get-me-outa-here.
13. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
(c) Warden's puppy.
14. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
(a) Begins to cry.
(b) Punches Stanley.
(c) Hits Stanley with a shovel.
(d) Throws Stanley to the ground.
15. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
(a) "Old Mother Hubbard."
(b) "Old Woman in the Shoe."
(c) "Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater."
(d) "The Muffin Man."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kate Barlow's job in the town of Green Lake?
2. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
3. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
4. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
5. What happens to Stanley over time at the camp?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)