|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) The fortune.
(b) A tube of lipstick.
(c) A map.
(d) An old shoe.
2. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
(a) He wanted the day off and is disappointed.
(b) He feels stupid.
(c) He can't see well.
(d) He doesn't like Stanley.
3. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
(a) He thinks the boys are low class.
(b) The warden convinces him it is best that way.
(c) The boys are dangerous.
(d) He has t0o many friends.
4. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
(a) Fishing and hunting.
(b) Swimming and golfing.
(c) Junior politician lessons.
(d) Fun and games.
5. Mr. Sir has a tattoo of ________.
(a) A skull and bones.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) The word "mom".
(d) A scorpion.
6. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
(a) The failed judicial system.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Their parents.
7. What is Stanley's father's profession?
(b) Factory Worker.
(c) Bank Teller.
(d) Camp Councilor.
8. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
(a) Yellow-spotted lizards.
9. Who was the first person that Kate kissed after she killed them, starting the name "Kissing Kate Barlow" and her life as an outlaw?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Hattie Parker.
(c) Trout Walker.
(d) Mr. Sir.
10. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
(a) Apple dumplings.
(b) Fig preserves.
(c) Spiced peaches.
(d) Grape jelly.
11. What does Stanley find Squid doing, even though Squid denies it?
(c) Having nightmares.
12. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski to do that he has already done?
(a) Fill the canteens.
(b) Rub her feet.
(c) Bring the boys a snack.
(d) Wash the truck.
13. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
(a) With their shovels.
(b) With their arms.
(c) The warden comes and measures.
(d) They are given rulers.
14. What does the warden try to get the boys to do the day after the lipstick is brought to the warden's attention?
(a) Dig faster.
(b) Have them find the rest of the makeup.
(c) Tell her the exact location it was found.
(d) make a full working line to maximize efficiency.
15. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
(a) Punches Stanley.
(b) Throws Stanley to the ground.
(c) Hits Stanley with a shovel.
(d) Begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
2. What does Zero give Stanley in return for teaching him something?
3. Why does Stanley decide not to go to the warden directly with what he finds in a hole on the third day of digging?
4. What does Mr. Sir have in his mouth when he meets Stanley?
5. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)