|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
(a) The warden convinces him it is best that way.
(b) He has t0o many friends.
(c) The boys are dangerous.
(d) He thinks the boys are low class.
2. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
(a) X-Ray says he has lost the object.
(b) X-Ray pulls Stanley to a secret place to talk.
(c) X-Ray ignores Stanley.
(d) X-Ray hits Stanley.
3. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
4. What did Sarah sing to her son Stanley after he was born?
(a) A song about a treasure.
(b) A song about an apple tree.
(c) The pig lullaby.
(d) A song about Elya's travel to America.
5. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
(a) He died.
(b) He went home.
(c) He won the lottery.
(d) He is in the hospital.
6. Why is the "rec room" referred to as the "wreck room"?
(a) The rec room was made into the warden's relaxation area.
(b) All the equipment is broken.
(c) The rec room is used for fixing the warden's broken trucks.
(d) The building was torn down.
7. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
(a) She ran away.
(b) Kate managed to hide her.
(c) She was shot in the head.
(d) She was eaten.
8. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
(a) Tent 123.
(b) Tent A.
(c) Tent S.
(d) Tent D.
9. What is not true about the yellow-spotted lizards?
(a) They have red around their eyes.
(b) They eat sunflower seed shells.
(c) They have a yellow spotted tongue.
(d) They have black teeth.
10. What does Stanley refuse from Mr. Pendanski after Stanley gets out of the first hole he dug?
(a) A hand shake.
(b) A ride back to camp.
(c) A drink of water.
(d) A piece of candy.
11. Who does the warden have fill the canteens after Mr. Pendanski hesitated?
(c) Mr. Sir.
12. What does Stanley offer to do for Zero to pay him back for what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Teach him to write.
(b) Teach him to dance.
(c) Write letters for him.
(d) Teach him to read.
13. What does Mr. Sir take Stanley to the warden for in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Stealing sunflower seeds.
(b) Stealing the water truck.
(c) Lying about where the lipstick was found.
(d) Trying to run away.
14. Why was Mr. Walker given the name "Trout"?
(a) He was as bright as a fish.
(b) His lips looked like a fish.
(c) He swished his butt when he walked like a fish tail.
(d) His feet smelled like dead fish.
15. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
(a) Loving each other.
(b) Robbing a stage coach.
(d) Burning down the school house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many changes of clothes are the boys at Camp Green Lake given?
2. Who does Stanley's family say is the cause of their bad luck?
3. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
4. Despite the fact that Zero doesn't read what does Stanley realize Zero is very good at?
5. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)