|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Sir has a tattoo of ________.
(a) A skull and bones.
(b) The word "mom".
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A scorpion.
2. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
(a) His attorney.
(b) A letter from his girlfriend.
(c) A new cot to sleep on.
(d) A letter from his mother.
3. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
4. What happens to Stanley over time at the camp?
(a) He starts to hate the camp.
(b) He begins to get sick.
(c) He grows stronger.
(d) He makes friends with Mr. Pendanski.
5. Who does Stanley say he has to blame for being at camp?
(a) His crazy-no-good-lazy-dumb-aunt.
(b) His no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-grandfather.
(c) His dog.
(d) His no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-grandmother.
6. What does the warden poke Armpit with while he is on a bathroom break?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A wooden Stake.
(d) A pitchfork.
7. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) Take X-Ray's cantine and fill it.
(b) Move ahead of Zero.
(c) Go back to work.
(d) Go to the front of the line.
8. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
(a) X-Ray hits Stanley.
(b) X-Ray pulls Stanley to a secret place to talk.
(c) X-Ray ignores Stanley.
(d) X-Ray says he has lost the object.
9. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
(a) Burning down the school house.
(b) Loving each other.
(c) Robbing a stage coach.
10. Why does Stanley tell X-Ray to wait to give what he found in the hole on the third day to Mr. Pendanski until the next day?
(a) So that they will get more time off.
(b) So they can see if there is anything valuable about the tube.
(c) So they can lie about where they found it.
(d) They want to try the lipstick on.
11. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) The other boys threw trash in it.
(b) There is a yellow-spotted lizard in it.
(c) Someone has already dug it.
(d) Someone started filling it back in.
12. Why did Madam Zeroni need someone to carry her to the top of the mountain?
(a) She had no foot.
(b) She was afraid of the animals on the mountain.
(c) She was blind.
(d) She was old and weak.
13. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do with anything else Stanley finds in his holes?
(a) Put it back in the hole.
(b) Feed it to the yellow-spotted lizards.
(c) Give it to X-Ray.
(d) Take it directly to the warden.
14. What does Stanley notice when he sees the boys line up for water?
(a) They shove to get to the front.
(b) They aren't concerned about getting there.
(c) They are in the same order as the day before.
(d) They are giggling.
15. Why is the "rec room" referred to as the "wreck room"?
(a) The building was torn down.
(b) The rec room was made into the warden's relaxation area.
(c) All the equipment is broken.
(d) The rec room is used for fixing the warden's broken trucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sir take Stanley to the warden for in Part 1, Chapter 20?
2. What does Zero tell Mr. Pendanski when asked what he wants to do with his life?
3. What is not true about the yellow-spotted lizards?
4. What did Sarah sing to her son Stanley after he was born?
5. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)