|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
(a) It was taken by Indians.
(b) The government took it.
(c) He lost it in the desert.
(d) It was stolen by Kissing Kate Barlow.
2. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
(a) Tent D.
(b) Tent 123.
(c) Tent S.
(d) Tent A.
3. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
(a) The Second Doctor.
(b) The Lizard Man.
(c) The Onion Man.
(d) The Thief.
4. What does Stanley memorize before he is moved closer to the hole that X-Ray had been digging when he claimed to have found the tube?
(a) The location of the sun.
(b) How many steps it is from one hole to the next.
(c) The phrase that the warden uses when talking to Mr. Pendanski.
(d) The hole the tube had originally been found.
5. What did Sarah sing to her son Stanley after he was born?
(a) A song about a treasure.
(b) The pig lullaby.
(c) A song about Elya's travel to America.
(d) A song about an apple tree.
6. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
(a) Dig Stanley's hole.
(b) Cook dinner for the boys.
(c) Walk back to camp.
(d) Act as a step stool.
7. What does X-Ray do the next morning when Stanley tries to talk about the objective he found digging on the third day?
(a) X-Ray hits Stanley.
(b) X-Ray pulls Stanley to a secret place to talk.
(c) X-Ray ignores Stanley.
(d) X-Ray says he has lost the object.
8. What does Stanley pretend that Camp Green Lake is offering him when he writes letters to his mother?
(a) Junior politician lessons.
(b) Swimming and golfing.
(c) Fun and games.
(d) Fishing and hunting.
9. Mr. Sir has a tattoo of ________.
(a) A skull and bones.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) The word "mom".
10. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Her hand lotion.
(b) His family fortune.
(c) Her make-up case.
(d) Her hair brush.
11. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
(a) The failed judicial system.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) Their parents.
12. Where did X-Ray get his nickname?
(a) Pig Latin.
(b) It is a joke among the boys.
(c) X-Ray correctly guessed what was in a metal box.
(d) His mother.
13. What does the warden try to get the boys to do the day after the lipstick is brought to the warden's attention?
(a) Dig faster.
(b) Have them find the rest of the makeup.
(c) Tell her the exact location it was found.
(d) make a full working line to maximize efficiency.
14. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) X-Ray ordered the other boys to dig it.
15. What is Stanley's original reply when Zero asks him to teach him to read?
(b) We don't have time.
(d) You can't learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
2. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
3. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
4. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
5. What happens to Stanley over time at the camp?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)