|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Stanley's family say is the cause of their bad luck?
(a) Stanley's great-great-grandfather.
(b) Stanley's old girl friend.
(c) Madame Zeroni.
(d) Stanley's great-great-grandmother.
2. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
(a) Throws Stanley to the ground.
(b) Begins to cry.
(c) Hits Stanley with a shovel.
(d) Punches Stanley.
3. Why was Mr. Walker given the name "Trout"?
(a) He was as bright as a fish.
(b) His lips looked like a fish.
(c) His feet smelled like dead fish.
(d) He swished his butt when he walked like a fish tail.
4. What does Mr. Sir bandage Stanley with after Zigzag hurts Stanley while they are working in a hole together?
(a) An old dirty t-shirt.
(b) A first-aid kit.
(c) A sunflower seed sack.
(d) A used handkerchief.
5. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
(a) He can't see well.
(b) He wanted the day off and is disappointed.
(c) He feels stupid.
(d) He doesn't like Stanley.
6. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
(a) His attorney.
(b) A letter from his girlfriend.
(c) A letter from his mother.
(d) A new cot to sleep on.
7. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski that he is doing wrong after she has brought blood on one of the boys?
(a) Giving them too many breaks.
(b) Not working them hard enough.
(c) Giving them too much water.
(d) Working them too hard.
8. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) The fortune.
(b) A tube of lipstick.
(c) An old shoe.
(d) A map.
9. Despite the fact that Zero doesn't read what does Stanley realize Zero is very good at?
(c) Manipulating Warden and Mr. Sir.
10. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
(a) He is in the hospital.
(b) He went home.
(c) He won the lottery.
(d) He died.
11. Why does Stanley have a harder time digging the second day?
(a) Stanley missed breakfast.
(b) His muscles are sore.
(c) There are yellow-spotted lizards at the dig site.
(d) Stanley didn't get much sleep.
12. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
(a) Stanley saves them for later.
(b) Stanley spills them in his hole.
(c) Stanley throws them right back.
(d) Stanley gives them back to Mr. Sir.
13. What does Mr. Sir do when Stanley comes to have his canteen filled with water?
(a) Gives Stanley's water to X-Ray.
(b) Refuses to give Stanley any water.
(c) Spits in Stanley's water.
(d) Pours Stanley's water on the ground.
14. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
(a) The Thief.
(b) The Second Doctor.
(c) The Lizard Man.
(d) The Onion Man.
15. Why is the "rec room" referred to as the "wreck room"?
(a) The building was torn down.
(b) The rec room is used for fixing the warden's broken trucks.
(c) All the equipment is broken.
(d) The rec room was made into the warden's relaxation area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
2. What does Mr. Sir take Stanley to the warden for in Part 1, Chapter 20?
3. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
4. What is Stanley's father's profession?
5. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)