|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
2. What does the warden poke Armpit with while he is on a bathroom break?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A wooden Stake.
(c) A pitchfork.
(d) A knife.
3. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
(a) She was eaten.
(b) She was shot in the head.
(c) Kate managed to hide her.
(d) She ran away.
4. What does the warden do after telling Mr. Sir she doesn't care about his sunflower seeds?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Kicks him out of her office.
(d) Slaps him.
5. Why does Stanley decide not to go to the warden directly with what he finds in a hole on the third day of digging?
(a) He doesn't believe the warden will find it interesting.
(b) He had made a blood pact with X-Ray.
(c) He doesn't trust the warden.
(d) He is afraid of X-Ray.
6. Why does Stanley try to keep to himself?
(a) He has t0o many friends.
(b) He thinks the boys are low class.
(c) The warden convinces him it is best that way.
(d) The boys are dangerous.
7. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
(a) God's shelter.
(b) The hand of God.
(c) The finger of God.
(d) Atop of a mountain.
8. What surprises Stanley when he sees the warden for the first time?
(a) The warden is a woman.
(b) The warden is very pretty.
(c) The warden is very nice.
(d) The warden has a lisp.
9. What does Zero give Stanley in return for teaching him something?
(a) Zero digs Stanley's hole for an equal portion of teaching time.
(b) Zero gives Stanley his clean socks.
(c) Zero gives Stanley spanish lessons.
(d) Zero gives Stanley some of his food.
10. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
(a) Because Stanley and X-Ray want to know what what the warden wants.
(b) Because Stanley and X-Ray are friends.
(c) Because Stanley is afraid of X-Ray.
(d) Because X-Ray is the leader of the boys.
11. What is Mr. Pendanski's response to the rock with the fish fossil?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He does a jig.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is uninterested.
12. What feeling does Mr. Sir tell Stanley that Stanley will have for the next eighteen months?
13. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
(a) Tent D.
(b) Tent 123.
(c) Tent S.
(d) Tent A.
14. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A pile of money.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(d) A rattlesnake.
15. Who was the first person that Kate kissed after she killed them, starting the name "Kissing Kate Barlow" and her life as an outlaw?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Hattie Parker.
(c) Trout Walker.
(d) Mr. Sir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
2. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do with anything else Stanley finds in his holes?
3. Why does Stanley tell X-Ray to wait to give what he found in the hole on the third day to Mr. Pendanski until the next day?
4. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
5. What has Stanley been told he will win if he ever finds anything interesting while digging?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)