|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
(a) The government took it.
(b) He lost it in the desert.
(c) It was taken by Indians.
(d) It was stolen by Kissing Kate Barlow.
2. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
(a) Apple dumplings.
(b) Spiced peaches.
(c) Grape jelly.
(d) Fig preserves.
3. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski to do that he has already done?
(a) Fill the canteens.
(b) Bring the boys a snack.
(c) Rub her feet.
(d) Wash the truck.
4. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Bad luck.
(d) The failed judicial system.
5. What reason does Mr. Pendanski give for Mr. Sir being in a bad mood?
(a) Mr. Sir lost his hat.
(b) Mr. Sir has a tooth ache.
(c) Mr. Sir hates the heat.
(d) Mr. Sir quit smoking.
6. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
(a) Don't speak unless spoken to.
(b) Don't upset the warden.
(c) Dig fast and steady.
(d) Stay away from the snakes.
7. What surprises Stanley when he sees the warden for the first time?
(a) The warden has a lisp.
(b) The warden is very pretty.
(c) The warden is very nice.
(d) The warden is a woman.
8. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
(a) He can't see well.
(b) He wanted the day off and is disappointed.
(c) He doesn't like Stanley.
(d) He feels stupid.
9. What does Zero tell Stanley when Stanley asks him to not read over his shoulder?
(a) Zero can't see that well.
(b) Zero wants someone to write to.
(c) Zero can't read.
(d) Zero can see Stanley's future.
10. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(c) A pile of money.
(d) A rattlesnake.
11. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
(a) You are looking at their belly.
(b) You can smell them.
(c) You are already dead.
(d) You need to run.
12. Which tent is Stanley assigned to?
(a) Tent S.
(b) Tent D.
(c) Tent A.
(d) Tent 123.
13. What happens to Stanley over time at the camp?
(a) He starts to hate the camp.
(b) He makes friends with Mr. Pendanski.
(c) He grows stronger.
(d) He begins to get sick.
14. What has Stanley been told he will win if he ever finds anything interesting while digging?
(a) The rest of the day off.
(b) An extra hour of sleep.
(c) An extra plate of food.
(d) An extra glass of water.
15. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) His family fortune.
(b) Her hair brush.
(c) Her hand lotion.
(d) Her make-up case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stanley refer to the camp as when he writes his mother?
2. How did Stanley's great-grandfather make his fortune?
3. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
4. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
5. What did the sheriff tell Kate that he always got drunk before?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)