|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Stanley's great-grandfather make his fortune?
(a) Livestock Market.
(c) Stock Market.
2. What is Stanley's father's profession?
(b) Camp Councilor.
(c) Factory Worker.
(d) Bank Teller.
3. What does Mr. Sir bandage Stanley with after Zigzag hurts Stanley while they are working in a hole together?
(a) An old dirty t-shirt.
(b) A used handkerchief.
(c) A sunflower seed sack.
(d) A first-aid kit.
4. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
(a) Mr. Sir's swollen face.
(b) Mr. Sir's broken arm.
(c) Mr. Sir's new dog.
(d) Mr. Sir's stitches.
5. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
(a) Summer school.
(b) A rich kid summer camp.
(c) A day spa resort.
(d) A sleep over.
6. Why does the warden lose interest in the digging project?
(a) Nothing else is found.
(b) The boys are digging too slow.
(c) She gets tired of being dirty.
(d) The digging is too hot.
7. What does Mr. Sir do when Stanley comes to have his canteen filled with water?
(a) Gives Stanley's water to X-Ray.
(b) Spits in Stanley's water.
(c) Refuses to give Stanley any water.
(d) Pours Stanley's water on the ground.
8. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
(a) Myra was too old for Elya
(b) Myra was silly and shallow.
(c) Mrya was rich and self-absorbed.
(d) Myra was ugly and has a lisp.
9. Why does Stanley have a harder time digging the second day?
(a) Stanley didn't get much sleep.
(b) His muscles are sore.
(c) There are yellow-spotted lizards at the dig site.
(d) Stanley missed breakfast.
10. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
(b) Robbing a stage coach.
(c) Loving each other.
(d) Burning down the school house.
11. What does the warden try to get the boys to do the day after the lipstick is brought to the warden's attention?
(a) Dig faster.
(b) make a full working line to maximize efficiency.
(c) Have them find the rest of the makeup.
(d) Tell her the exact location it was found.
12. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
(a) Act as a step stool.
(b) Cook dinner for the boys.
(c) Dig Stanley's hole.
(d) Walk back to camp.
13. What surprises Stanley when he sees the warden for the first time?
(a) The warden has a lisp.
(b) The warden is very nice.
(c) The warden is a woman.
(d) The warden is very pretty.
14. Why could Sam and Kate not see each other?
(a) Kate was spoken for.
(b) Sam was poor.
(c) Sam was black.
(d) Kate was blind.
15. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
(a) "Old Woman in the Shoe."
(b) "Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater."
(c) "Old Mother Hubbard."
(d) "The Muffin Man."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
2. Why did Sam say that Mary Lou has never been sick in her 50 years?
3. Who does Stanley say he has to blame for being at camp?
4. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
5. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)