|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
(a) Because Stanley and X-Ray are friends.
(b) Because Stanley and X-Ray want to know what what the warden wants.
(c) Because Stanley is afraid of X-Ray.
(d) Because X-Ray is the leader of the boys.
2. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
(a) The Second Doctor.
(b) The Lizard Man.
(c) The Onion Man.
(d) The Thief.
3. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
(a) A rich kid summer camp.
(b) A sleep over.
(c) Summer school.
(d) A day spa resort.
4. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
(a) Walk back to camp.
(b) Act as a step stool.
(c) Cook dinner for the boys.
(d) Dig Stanley's hole.
5. Who was the first person that Kate kissed after she killed them, starting the name "Kissing Kate Barlow" and her life as an outlaw?
(a) Trout Walker.
(b) Mr. Sir.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) Hattie Parker.
6. What does Mr. Sir take Stanley to the warden for in Part 1, Chapter 20?
(a) Trying to run away.
(b) Stealing the water truck.
(c) Stealing sunflower seeds.
(d) Lying about where the lipstick was found.
7. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
(a) Myra was ugly and has a lisp.
(b) Mrya was rich and self-absorbed.
(c) Myra was silly and shallow.
(d) Myra was too old for Elya
8. Who is staring over Stanley's shoulder while he writes his letter to his parents?
9. What does the warden do after telling Mr. Sir she doesn't care about his sunflower seeds?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Spits on him.
(c) Kicks him out of her office.
(d) Slaps him.
10. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) A pile of money.
(c) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(d) A scorpion.
11. Why could Sam and Kate not see each other?
(a) Kate was spoken for.
(b) Kate was blind.
(c) Sam was poor.
(d) Sam was black.
12. What is not true about the yellow-spotted lizards?
(a) They have a yellow spotted tongue.
(b) They have red around their eyes.
(c) They have black teeth.
(d) They eat sunflower seed shells.
13. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) An old shoe.
(b) A map.
(c) The fortune.
(d) A tube of lipstick.
14. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(c) X-Ray ordered the other boys to dig it.
15. What reason does Mr. Pendanski give for Mr. Sir being in a bad mood?
(a) Mr. Sir has a tooth ache.
(b) Mr. Sir hates the heat.
(c) Mr. Sir lost his hat.
(d) Mr. Sir quit smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Stanley over time at the camp?
2. What does Stanley refuse from Mr. Pendanski after Stanley gets out of the first hole he dug?
3. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski to do that he has already done?
4. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
5. What is on the object Stanley finds while digging on the third day?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)