|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Sam and Kate not see each other?
(a) Sam was black.
(b) Sam was poor.
(c) Kate was spoken for.
(d) Kate was blind.
2. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) A map.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) The fortune.
(d) A tube of lipstick.
3. Why did Madam Zeroni need someone to carry her to the top of the mountain?
(a) She was old and weak.
(b) She was afraid of the animals on the mountain.
(c) She was blind.
(d) She had no foot.
4. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
(a) Because Stanley is afraid of X-Ray.
(b) Because Stanley and X-Ray are friends.
(c) Because X-Ray is the leader of the boys.
(d) Because Stanley and X-Ray want to know what what the warden wants.
5. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
(b) Warden's puppy.
6. Why does Stanley decide not to go to the warden directly with what he finds in a hole on the third day of digging?
(a) He is afraid of X-Ray.
(b) He doesn't trust the warden.
(c) He had made a blood pact with X-Ray.
(d) He doesn't believe the warden will find it interesting.
7. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) X-Ray ordered the other boys to dig it.
8. Who does Mr. Pendanski say the boys have to blame for being at camp?
(b) Their parents.
(c) Bad luck.
(d) The failed judicial system.
9. What feeling does Mr. Sir tell Stanley that Stanley will have for the next eighteen months?
10. What does Zero give Stanley in return for teaching him something?
(a) Zero gives Stanley spanish lessons.
(b) Zero gives Stanley his clean socks.
(c) Zero digs Stanley's hole for an equal portion of teaching time.
(d) Zero gives Stanley some of his food.
11. Mr. Sir has a tattoo of ________.
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) A skull and bones.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) The word "mom".
12. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
(a) Stanley needs to learn a lesson.
(b) Stanley have been in too much trouble already.
(c) They are out of town.
(d) They have no money.
13. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
(a) Punches Stanley.
(b) Throws Stanley to the ground.
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Hits Stanley with a shovel.
14. What does Stanley notice when he sees the boys line up for water?
(a) They are giggling.
(b) They are in the same order as the day before.
(c) They aren't concerned about getting there.
(d) They shove to get to the front.
15. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
(a) God's shelter.
(b) Atop of a mountain.
(c) The finger of God.
(d) The hand of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the warden lose interest in the digging project?
2. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
3. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
4. Why does Stanley tell X-Ray to wait to give what he found in the hole on the third day to Mr. Pendanski until the next day?
5. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)