|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sam known as in the town of Green Lake?
(a) The Thief.
(b) The Onion Man.
(c) The Second Doctor.
(d) The Lizard Man.
2. What does Mr. Pendanski say is the one real rule at Camp Green Lake?
(a) Don't speak unless spoken to.
(b) Stay away from the snakes.
(c) Don't upset the warden.
(d) Dig fast and steady.
3. What does Stanley offer to do for Zero to pay him back for what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Write letters for him.
(b) Teach him to dance.
(c) Teach him to read.
(d) Teach him to write.
4. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) X-Ray ordered the other boys to dig it.
5. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
(a) A day spa resort.
(b) Summer school.
(c) A rich kid summer camp.
(d) A sleep over.
6. What does the warden explain is the secret ingredient in her red nail polish?
(a) Scorpion venom.
(b) Snake venom.
(c) Lizard spit.
(d) Snake blood.
7. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
(a) Loving each other.
(b) Burning down the school house.
(d) Robbing a stage coach.
8. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
9. Who is staring over Stanley's shoulder while he writes his letter to his parents?
10. Why was Mr. Walker given the name "Trout"?
(a) He swished his butt when he walked like a fish tail.
(b) His feet smelled like dead fish.
(c) His lips looked like a fish.
(d) He was as bright as a fish.
11. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A pile of money.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(d) A scorpion.
12. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
(a) Mr. Sir's stitches.
(b) Mr. Sir's swollen face.
(c) Mr. Sir's broken arm.
(d) Mr. Sir's new dog.
13. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
(a) They have no money.
(b) Stanley have been in too much trouble already.
(c) Stanley needs to learn a lesson.
(d) They are out of town.
14. What does Stanley refuse from Mr. Pendanski after Stanley gets out of the first hole he dug?
(a) A piece of candy.
(b) A hand shake.
(c) A ride back to camp.
(d) A drink of water.
15. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
(a) Gives him a wedgie.
(b) Punches him in the nose.
(c) Hits him with a shovel.
(d) Dumps dirt on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
2. What does the warden have Stanley bring her in Part 1, Chapter 20?
3. Why does Zero say he did what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
4. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
5. Who does the warden pair Stanley with?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)