|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
(b) Warden's puppy.
2. What is Stanley's original reply when Zero asks him to teach him to read?
(b) We don't have time.
(c) You can't learn.
3. Who did something to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) X-Ray ordered the other boys to dig it.
4. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
(a) A letter from his girlfriend.
(b) His attorney.
(c) A letter from his mother.
(d) A new cot to sleep on.
5. Where did X-Ray get his nickname?
(a) It is a joke among the boys.
(b) X-Ray correctly guessed what was in a metal box.
(c) Pig Latin.
(d) His mother.
6. What did Hattie Potter tell Sam and Kate that God will punish them for?
(b) Robbing a stage coach.
(c) Burning down the school house.
(d) Loving each other.
7. How did Stanley's great-grandfather make his fortune?
(a) Stock Market.
(d) Livestock Market.
8. What does Stanley notice when he sees the boys line up for water?
(a) They are in the same order as the day before.
(b) They shove to get to the front.
(c) They aren't concerned about getting there.
(d) They are giggling.
9. What does the warden poke Armpit with while he is on a bathroom break?
(a) A wooden Stake.
(b) A pitchfork.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pencil.
10. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
(a) Cook dinner for the boys.
(b) Act as a step stool.
(c) Walk back to camp.
(d) Dig Stanley's hole.
11. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
(a) It was taken by Indians.
(b) It was stolen by Kissing Kate Barlow.
(c) The government took it.
(d) He lost it in the desert.
12. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
(a) Stanley have been in too much trouble already.
(b) They have no money.
(c) They are out of town.
(d) Stanley needs to learn a lesson.
13. What does Stanley nearly step on while walking back to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) A yellow-spotted Lizard.
(b) A pile of money.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A rattlesnake.
14. What happens when Stanley finishes his first hole?
(a) Stanley names the hole.
(b) Stanley is allowed a phone call home.
(c) The other boys cheer Stanley.
(d) Stanley can't get out.
15. What does Stanley find odd about his hole when he returns to the dig site after Mr. Sir took him to get in trouble with the warden?
(a) Someone started filling it back in.
(b) The other boys threw trash in it.
(c) Someone has already dug it.
(d) There is a yellow-spotted lizard in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the bag of sunflower seeds Magnet stole is thrown to Stanley?
2. What feeling does Mr. Sir tell Stanley that Stanley will have for the next eighteen months?
3. Why doesn't X-Ray inspect the fossil Stanley found?
4. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
5. What does Stanley pretend Camp Green Lake is to make it more enjoyable?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)