|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 42, 43, and 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley do for Zero to keep him moving and his mind off the pain when they are in the desert alone?
(a) Gives him words to spell.
(b) Sings him a song.
(c) Tells him about his home.
(d) Tells him stories about his great-grandfather.
2. When Stanley returns to the camp after digging his second hole, what does he find happening?
(a) The swat team tearing apart the rec room.
(b) Mr. Sir yelling at Zero.
(c) Mr. Pendanski counseling the boys.
(d) The warden punishing X-Ray.
3. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
(a) Apple dumplings.
(b) Grape jelly.
(c) Spiced peaches.
(d) Fig preserves.
4. What does X-Ray tell Stanley to do when they line up for water in Part 1, Chapter 13?
(a) Go back to work.
(b) Go to the front of the line.
(c) Take X-Ray's cantine and fill it.
(d) Move ahead of Zero.
5. Why does the warden lose interest in the digging project?
(a) The digging is too hot.
(b) The boys are digging too slow.
(c) She gets tired of being dirty.
(d) Nothing else is found.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
2. What is Brian sent to Camp Green Lake for?
3. What surprises Stanley when he sees the warden for the first time?
4. What do X-Ray and Zigzag offer Stanley mockingly?
5. What encourages Stanley on through the desert when he is alone?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)