|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 23, 24, 25, and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stanley decide to make the deal with X-Ray to give him anything he finds?
(a) Because Stanley is afraid of X-Ray.
(b) Because Stanley and X-Ray are friends.
(c) Because Stanley and X-Ray want to know what what the warden wants.
(d) Because X-Ray is the leader of the boys.
2. What is Stanley's father's profession?
(a) Camp Councilor.
(b) Bank Teller.
(c) Factory Worker.
3. Why does Zero say he did what he did to Stanley's hole while Stanley was away talking with the warden?
(a) Because he felt sorry for Stanley.
(b) Zero hates Mr. Sir.
(c) Zero loves to dig holes.
(d) Because Zero knew Stanley didn't steal the sneakers or the seeds.
4. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
(a) Has Stanley trade cots.
(b) Gives Stanley a phone call.
(c) Gives Stanley some of the extra food he got.
(d) Makes a place for Stanley next to him.
5. What does Zero tell Stanley when Stanley asks him to not read over his shoulder?
(a) Zero wants someone to write to.
(b) Zero can't read.
(c) Zero can see Stanley's future.
(d) Zero can't see that well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
2. What does Stanley notice when he sees the boys line up for water?
3. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
4. Why did Madam Zeroni need someone to carry her to the top of the mountain?
5. What did the sheriff tell Kate that he always got drunk before?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)