|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 23, 24, 25, and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the warden do after telling Mr. Sir she doesn't care about his sunflower seeds?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Kicks him out of her office.
(d) Spits on him.
2. Why did Madam Zeroni need someone to carry her to the top of the mountain?
(a) She was old and weak.
(b) She was blind.
(c) She was afraid of the animals on the mountain.
(d) She had no foot.
3. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
(a) Gives Stanley a phone call.
(b) Makes a place for Stanley next to him.
(c) Gives Stanley some of the extra food he got.
(d) Has Stanley trade cots.
4. What tradition do the boys have after they finish every hole?
(a) To kick a pile of dirt back in it.
(b) To urinate in it.
(c) To name it.
(d) To spit in it.
5. What does a boy comment on that makes Mr. Sir angry and results in Mr. Sir physically abusing the boy?
(a) Mr. Sir's swollen face.
(b) Mr. Sir's broken arm.
(c) Mr. Sir's new dog.
(d) Mr. Sir's stitches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kate Barlow known for making?
2. What happened to Mary Lou after Sam was killed?
3. Where had Stanley's great-grandfather said that he found refuge when he was left in the desert for 17 days?
4. What does the warden have Mr. Pendanski do to punish him for not obeying her without question?
5. What does Armpit do when Stanley calls him by his real name, Theodore, instead of Armpit?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)