|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 17, 18, and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zigzag say the warden knows so much about the boys?
(a) Evil gnomes.
(b) Mr. Sir's detailed reports.
(c) Microphones and cameras.
2. What does Stanley find in the hole he is digging on the third day and gives to X-Ray?
(a) An old shoe.
(b) The fortune.
(c) A tube of lipstick.
(d) A map.
3. Why does Stanley's family not go to court to defend Stanley?
(a) They have no money.
(b) Stanley needs to learn a lesson.
(c) They are out of town.
(d) Stanley have been in too much trouble already.
4. What happens when Stanley finishes his first hole?
(a) Stanley names the hole.
(b) The other boys cheer Stanley.
(c) Stanley is allowed a phone call home.
(d) Stanley can't get out.
5. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
(a) A nickel.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A fossil of a fish.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
2. What does Zigzag do to Stanley while they are digging in one giant hole together?
3. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
4. What tradition do the boys have after they finish every hole?
5. What is Mr. Pendanski's response to the rock with the fish fossil?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)