|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8, 9, and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the boys supposed to measure the holes that they dig?
(a) They are given rulers.
(b) With their arms.
(c) The warden comes and measures.
(d) With their shovels.
2. What is Mr. Pendanski's response to the rock with the fish fossil?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is uninterested.
(c) He does a jig.
(d) He is angry.
3. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
(a) An old shoe.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A fossil of a fish.
(d) A map.
4. Who does Stanley's family say is the cause of their bad luck?
(a) Madame Zeroni.
(b) Stanley's great-great-grandmother.
(c) Stanley's great-great-grandfather.
(d) Stanley's old girl friend.
5. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
(a) It was taken by Indians.
(b) He lost it in the desert.
(c) It was stolen by Kissing Kate Barlow.
(d) The government took it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Stanley given after he has dug his first hole?
2. What is Stanley's father's profession?
3. How many changes of clothes are the boys at Camp Green Lake given?
4. What animal does Camp Green Lake not have?
5. What reason does Mr. Pendanski give for Mr. Sir being in a bad mood?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)