|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8, 9, and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Pendanski's response to the rock with the fish fossil?
(a) He is uninterested.
(b) He does a jig.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is angry.
2. What is said to be true if a person can see the yellow spots on a yellow-spotted lizard?
(a) You can smell them.
(b) You are looking at their belly.
(c) You are already dead.
(d) You need to run.
3. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
(a) A nickel.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A fossil of a fish.
(d) A map.
4. Why did Madam Zeroni need someone to carry her to the top of the mountain?
(a) She was blind.
(b) She had no foot.
(c) She was old and weak.
(d) She was afraid of the animals on the mountain.
5. What have the boys nicknamed Mr. Pendanski?
(d) Warden's puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Sir has a tattoo of ________.
2. What happened to Barf Bag, aka Lewis, the boy who had previously occupied Stanley's cot?
3. What happened to Stanley's great-grandfather's fortune when he went out west?
4. Who is staring over Stanley's shoulder while he writes his letter to his parents?
5. What is not true about the yellow-spotted lizards?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)