|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley find in the hole on the second day?
(a) An old shoe.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A map.
(d) A fossil of a fish.
2. What does Stanley find waiting for him when he gets back to camp in Part 1, Chapter 16?
(a) His attorney.
(b) A letter from his girlfriend.
(c) A letter from his mother.
(d) A new cot to sleep on.
3. What does Stanley notice when he sees the boys line up for water?
(a) They are in the same order as the day before.
(b) They are giggling.
(c) They shove to get to the front.
(d) They aren't concerned about getting there.
4. Who does the warden have fill the canteens after Mr. Pendanski hesitated?
(b) Mr. Sir.
5. What tradition do the boys have after they finish every hole?
(a) To urinate in it.
(b) To kick a pile of dirt back in it.
(c) To spit in it.
(d) To name it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Stanley's great-grandfather make his fortune?
2. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
3. What does the warden tell Mr. Pendanski to do that he has already done?
4. Why did Madam Zeroni try to dissuade Elya from trying to marry Myra Menke?
5. Why does Stanley have a harder time digging the second day?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)