|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 39, 40, and 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stanley do as Zero drifts off to sleep on the mountain?
(a) Digs a hole for better water.
(b) Covers Zero up.
(c) Goes in search of other food.
(d) Sings him a lullaby.
2. Where did Zero put the famous sneakers he stole that eventually got Stanley in trouble?
(a) He couldn't remember.
(b) On a bridge.
(c) On top of a car.
(d) Tied to a balloon.
3. What does Stanley's mother say her apartment smells like?
(a) "Old Woman in the Shoe."
(b) "The Muffin Man."
(c) "Old Mother Hubbard."
(d) "Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater."
4. When Stanley is sure that Zero isn't going to die on the mountain, what does he do?
(a) Begins to build a shelter.
(b) Heads home.
(c) Goes down the mountain for the jars and shovels.
(d) Goes to look for help.
5. What does X-Ray do for Stanley when the boys return from digging in the evening on the day the warden appears?
(a) Makes a place for Stanley next to him.
(b) Has Stanley trade cots.
(c) Gives Stanley some of the extra food he got.
(d) Gives Stanley a phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the warden try to get the boys to do the day after the lipstick is brought to the warden's attention?
2. How did Trout and Linda force Kate into the desert?
3. How does Zigzag say the warden knows so much about the boys?
4. What does Stanley do when Mr. Sir fills his canteen again the first time?
5. What surprises Stanley when he sees the warden for the first time?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)