Part 1: Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4
* Stanley Yelnats is sent to Camp Green Lake for stealing shoes that he didn't really steal.
* Long ago, Stanley's family had a fortune stolen by a bandit called Kissing Kate Barlow.
* Stanley meets Mr. Sir, one of the camp counselors.
Part 1: Chapters 5, 6, and 7
* Stanley is assigned to Tent D.
* Stanley and his family, who know he is innocent, try to pretend that Camp Green Lake is an exclusive camp for rich kids.
* Stanley's great-great-grandfather Elya Yelnats had fallen in love with a girl named Myra.
* Elya had a gypsy help him wed Myra, but broke his promise to the gypsy and cursed his family for generations.
Part 1: Chapters 8, 9, and 10
* Yellow-spotted lizards are poisonous and deadly to anyone they bite.
* The boys in Tent D nickname Stanley 'Caveman' because he digs himself into a hole.
* Stanley finds a fish fossil in the hole he is digging...
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)