|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Gantos secure with the medical staff?
(a) Lab assistant.
(b) X-ray technician.
2. In Section 2, Chapter 4, Gantos laments that everyone in prison has a story of __________.
(a) Where they will go when they get out.
(b) How they were caught.
(c) How they can escape.
(d) What they wish they were doing.
3. While others slept, what did Gantos do to avoid what he believed to be certain death or capture in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Hid in the bathroom.
(b) Slept in the car.
(c) Sneaked into the woods.
(d) Sat in a barn.
4. To what city did Gantos travel after he was released from prison?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
5. Whose wife informed Gantos that her husband was in the federal holding facility because she refused to bail him out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mailed Gantos's college applications from his home so that he could avoid a Department of Corrections stamp in Section 3, Chapter 7?
2. When Gantos viewed his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6, he saw that the parole board had called him what?
3. Where had Gantos buried the hash he still had before he had been incarcerated?
4. What is the full name of Jack Gantos?
5. Gantos took the first train to ___________ after the FBI raided the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the bust by the FBI in Section 2, Chapter 4. How did Gantos escape?
2. Where did Gantos and his peers stay while in New York in Section 2, Chapter 4? How does the author describe this setting?
3. What did Gantos learn from his family in Section 3, Chapter 1? What actions did he take at his father's advice?
4. What did Gantos learn about the charges against him in Section 3, Chapter 1?
5. What deal was Gantos offered by the DA in Section 3, Chapter 1? What was Gantos's response?
6. Describe the meeting with the first buyer in Section 2, Chapter 4. What were Gantos's fears and how did he act on them?
7. What interaction did Gantos have with this father in Section 3, Chapter 3? How did Gantos feel about it?
8. What did Gantos discover when he read his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6? How did he react?
9. How did Gantos's new case worker help him earn early parole in Section 3, Chapter 7?
10. Where did Gantos and Hamilton go upon arriving in New York in Section 2, Chapter 4? How did Gantos feel about the situation?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)