|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the DA, who had taken aerial photos of the boat?
(a) Private pilot.
(b) United Airlines.
(d) Coast Guard.
2. What was the maiden name of Jack Gantos's mother?
(a) Elizabeth Jones.
(b) Elizabeth Smithson.
(c) Elizabeth Weaver.
(d) Elizabeth Holloway.
3. When Gantos viewed his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6, he saw that his case worker had called him __________________.
(a) A minimal risk to society.
(b) A high risk to himself.
(c) An average risk to society.
(d) A marginal risk to the jail population.
4. What was stashed right by the hash in Hamilton and Gantos's boat in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Fishing poles.
(b) Extra anchor.
(c) Weather radio.
(d) Life jackets.
5. Who helped Gantos fill out the requests for applications for several smaller colleges in Section 3, Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Hamilton.
(c) Mr. Wilcox.
(d) Mr. Bow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3, Chapter 4, Gantos was sent to a federal prison in what city?
2. What did Gantos have which caused him to be sequestered upon arriving at the federal prison in Section 3, Chapter 4?
3. During the first night of Gantos's imprisonment, the group of prisoners was driven to what facility to receive uniforms and towels?
4. Without books, what did Gantos find himself reading during his first week at the federal prison?
5. Where did Hamilton and Gantos find a docking point in Section 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gantos not return for the hash he had hidden? How does he describe this temptation in Section 3, Chapter 8?
2. Where was Gantos sent to serve his prison term in Section 3, Chapter 4? How does he describe his arrival there?
3. What does Gantos write of "getting caught" stories in Section 2, Chapter 4?
4. Discuss the sexual violence described in Section 3, Chapter 3. How did Gantos avoid rape?
5. What deal was Gantos offered by the DA in Section 3, Chapter 1? What was Gantos's response?
6. Who else was housed in the hospital unit of the prison? What performer does the author describe in Section 3, Chapter 5?
7. How does Gantos describe the drug scene in prison in Section 3, Chapter 5? Why did he choose not to use drugs?
8. What did Gantos discover when he read his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6? How did he react?
9. What was Gantos's trip to New York like in Section 3, Chapter 1? What information did he learn?
10. When was Gantos released from prison in Section 3, Chapter 7? What were the conditions of his release?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)