|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what institution did Jack Gantos earn his BFA and his MA?
(a) Smithwick College.
(b) Madison Community College.
(c) Hope College.
(d) Emerson College.
2. In Section 3, Chapter 8, the author writes that years later, he retrieved the ship's log, but he laments he has never retrieved what?
(a) The sailboat.
(b) His car.
(c) The hash in Central Park.
(d) His prison journal.
3. As Gantos passed the hotel's lobby on the last day of the operation, who was being accosted by the FBI?
(b) Mr. Bacon.
(d) The bellhop.
4. The DA informed Gantos that _______ had been arrested in Florida before ever arriving in New York.
5. What was the name of the physician's assistant who helped Gantos find a position with the medical staff?
(a) Mr. Newman.
(b) Mr. Casey.
(c) Mr. Wilcox.
(d) Mr. Bow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gantos's new lawyer told Gantos to immediately ________________.
2. Who looked on as Gantos was taken by the bailiff in Section 3, Chapter 3?
3. Where did Hamilton and Gantos stay in New York in Section 2, Chapter 4?
4. What is the full name of Jack Gantos?
5. Once tied up, Hamilton and Gantos called Rik who had already lined up a sale for how much of the hash?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gantos's first night in the holding station described in Section 3, Chapter 3? Where did he sleep?
2. Discuss the sexual violence described in Section 3, Chapter 3. How did Gantos avoid rape?
3. What does Gantos write of "getting caught" stories in Section 2, Chapter 4?
4. What did Gantos learn from his family in Section 3, Chapter 1? What actions did he take at his father's advice?
5. How is Gantos's hearing described in Section 3, Chapter 3?
6. Describe the meeting with the first buyer in Section 2, Chapter 4. What were Gantos's fears and how did he act on them?
7. Who else was housed in the hospital unit of the prison? What performer does the author describe in Section 3, Chapter 5?
8. Where did Gantos and his peers stay while in New York in Section 2, Chapter 4? How does the author describe this setting?
9. Where was Gantos sent to serve his prison term in Section 3, Chapter 4? How does he describe his arrival there?
10. Where did Gantos go after arriving in Florida in Section 2, Chapter 4? What was his mindset?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)