|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gantos go to wait for Scanlon after giving him money?
(a) Bus station.
(d) Hotel room.
2. With what was Gantos paid while working in St. Croix with his father?
(c) Room and board.
(d) Food and liquor.
3. In Section 1, Chapter 2, Gantos explains he was in what year in high school when he began working?
4. What kind of business did Jack Gantos's father run?
(d) Boat building.
5. Hamilton was a sailor from what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of construction, Gantos and his father built _____________.
2. When Gantos awoke one morning in Section 1, Chapter 4, he was covered in blisters which he began to think of as ___________.
3. In Section 2, Chapter 2, Gantos, in his stoned state, realized Hamilton was partially insane as he began to refuse to _________.
4. Who was photographing the movement of the hash in Section 2, Chapter 3?
5. What did Jack Gantos tell his family he had decided not to do right away in Section 1, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Gantos inspired by the writing of Jack Kerouac in Section 1, Chapter 4?
2. How old was Gantos when he began working full-time? How does he describe the work and his lifestyle in Section 1, Chapter 2?
3. What did Gantos do instead of departing for St. Croix?
4. Where did Gantos's father take the family and point out criminals to Gantos?
5. Describe the beginning of Gantos's journey in Section 2, Chapter 2. Where did he first sail?
6. Why did Gantos take upon the job building the crate for Rik in Section 2, Chapter 1?
7. Where did Gantos go after being kicked out of the Bacons' home?
8. What experience did Gantos have within the political revolution in St. Croix?
9. What presentation does Gantos describe at his school in Section 1, Chapter 3? What did he make of it?
10. How is Hamilton's knowledge of Gantos and his fears described in Section 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)