|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ernest Hemingway born?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Seattle, Washington.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) Oak Park, Illinois.
2. Jack Gantos attended a school that was a renovated _________.
(b) Train station.
3. Where is San Juan located?
(d) Puerto Rico.
4. Who was photographing the movement of the hash in Section 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Jack Gantos.
(b) Coast Guard.
5. Hamilton forced Gantos to hold cans on yardsticks while he _____________.
(a) Shot at them.
(c) Threw rocks at him.
(d) Recited Shakespeare.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what was Gantos paid while working in St. Croix with his father?
2. What refers to preparations of the cannabis plant intended for use as a psychoactive drug and as medicine?
3. In Section 1, Chapter 4, Gantos found himself inspired by what novel?
4. Hamilton clearly understood more of life than Gantos, as he feared __________ as well as police.
5. Mr. Gantos would drive the family on trips to their hometown and spend time pointing out _______ to Jack.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Gantos's father take the family and point out criminals to Gantos?
2. Where did Gantos go after he was betrayed by Scanlon? What did he contemplate?
3. What led Hamilton and Gantos to follow the Coast Guard in Section 2, Chapter 3?
4. Where did Gantos go after being kicked out of the Bacons' home?
5. What did Gantos learn from Hamilton along the journey in Section 2, Chapter 3?
6. Where did Gantos and Hamilton find fuel in Section 2, Chapter 3? Why was it necessary?
7. What did Hamilton and the Japanese exchange as thank you gifts? How was it transported?
8. What did Gantos discover in his discussions with Tim Scanlon? What plan did the two of them hatch?
9. What did Gantos do instead of departing for St. Croix?
10. Why did Gantos take upon the job building the crate for Rik in Section 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)