|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gantos's father asked him to sign over _____________ in Section 3, Chapter 3?
(a) His bank accounts.
(b) His stocks.
(c) Insurance papers for his car.
(d) His mortgage.
2. In Section 3, Chapter 1, what did Gantos learn when he called home?
(a) The FBI was already harassing his family.
(b) His father was broke.
(c) His lawyer was out of town.
(d) The phone had been disconnected.
3. Gantos's lawyer continued to tell Gantos he would only receive ____________.
(a) A fine.
(c) Community service.
(d) A verbal scolding from the judge.
4. Who looked on as Gantos was taken by the bailiff in Section 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Gantos's brother.
(b) Gantos's father.
(c) Gantos's uncle.
(d) Gantos's mother.
5. In Section 3, Chapter 1, the DA revealed that Gantos was the _________ person to come forward.
6. During the first night of Gantos's imprisonment, the group of prisoners was driven to what facility to receive uniforms and towels?
(a) Pelican Bay Federal Prison.
(b) West Street Federal holding station.
(c) New York City detention facility.
(d) Precinct 5 State holding facility.
7. In Section 3, Chapter 2, what did Gantos read in his spare time?
(a) Prison literature.
(b) Celebrity magazines.
(d) Sports magazines.
8. Gantos admits that after he was given his delay by the parole board, what entered his mind in Section 3, Chapter 7?
9. What sentence did Gantos receive in Section 3, Chapter 3?
10. Gantos's new lawyer told Gantos to immediately ________________.
(a) Wire him money.
(b) Turn himself in.
(c) Get out of the country.
(d) Have a good time.
11. On the flight to New York, Gantos saw a newspaper reporting whose capture in Section 3, Chapter 1?
(c) Tim Scanlon's.
(d) Jack Kerouac's.
12. The DA informed Gantos that _______ had been arrested in Florida before ever arriving in New York.
13. Where did Gantos hide out from the FBI after they accosted one of the group in the hotel in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Local market.
(b) Car dealership.
(c) Movie theater.
14. Gantos admitted he never paid taxes on ______________.
(a) His construction wages.
(b) The car he bought.
(c) The house he sold.
(d) His $10,000 payment.
15. In Section 3, Chapter 4, Gantos was struck by _________ that the visit from the prisoners in high school had really told him his future.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, Chapter 4, Gantos laments that everyone in prison has a story of __________.
2. When did the Attica Prison riot take place?
3. Where was the lawyer Gantos's father had contacted to work for Gantos?
4. In Section 3, Chapter 8, the author writes that years later, he retrieved the ship's log, but he laments he has never retrieved what?
5. Gantos's new caseworker agreed to help Gantos get into college as a way to prove to the parole board that he was ___________.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)