|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, Chapter 4, Gantos was sent to a federal prison in what city?
(a) Ashland, Kentucky.
(b) Provo, Utah.
(c) Austin, Texas.
(d) Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
2. Gantos admitted he never paid taxes on ______________.
(a) The car he bought.
(b) His $10,000 payment.
(c) His construction wages.
(d) The house he sold.
3. Gantos's new caseworker agreed to help Gantos get into college as a way to prove to the parole board that he was ___________.
4. In one of his stories from the prison hospital, Gantos helped a prisoner who swallowed balloons filled with _______.
5. When Gantos viewed his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6, he saw that his case worker had called him __________________.
(a) An average risk to society.
(b) A marginal risk to the jail population.
(c) A minimal risk to society.
(d) A high risk to himself.
6. Gantos realized in Section 3, Chapter 6, that it was only when he was unable to __________that he was finally able to see his own worth and nurture his own writing.
(a) Blame others.
(b) Run away.
(c) Blame himself.
7. Where was the bunk that Gantos chose in the holding cell?
(a) In the corner.
(b) In the middle.
(c) At the end.
(d) In Cell block C.
8. Who was repeatedly raped on the first night of Gantos's imprisonment in Section 3, Chapter 3?
9. Where did Hamilton and Gantos find a docking point in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) The Bronx, New York.
(b) Queens, New York.
(c) Long Island, New York.
(d) Manhattan, New York.
10. Gantos's lawyer continued to tell Gantos he would only receive ____________.
(a) A verbal scolding from the judge.
(b) A fine.
(d) Community service.
11. In Section 3, Chapter 4, Gantos was only accosted once by a group of men who promised him protection. What was he to do in return?
(a) Wrap his head in a sheet.
(b) Pull down his pants.
(c) Put his hands in his pockets.
(d) Tie his shoes together.
12. When Gantos viewed his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6, he saw that the parole board had called him what?
(c) Mentally unstable.
(d) A danger to himself and others.
13. The DA offered Gantos a deal where he could __________ and receive a lighter sentence.
(a) Attend rehab.
(b) Plead guilty.
(c) Reveal his drug contacts.
(d) Community service.
14. Hamilton and Gantos stayed in a hotel that had previously housed a great number of _____________.
15. Gantos took the first train to ___________ after the FBI raided the hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. During his initial interview with his lawyer, Gantos learned he was being prosecuted federally for how many charges?
2. In Section 3, Chapter 2, what did Gantos read in his spare time?
3. In what state was Gantos's father when he visited Gantos in prison in Section 3, Chapter 6?
4. From what institution did Jack Gantos earn his BFA and his MA?
5. What position did Gantos secure with the medical staff?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)