|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was repeatedly raped on the first night of Gantos's imprisonment in Section 3, Chapter 3?
2. Once tied up, Hamilton and Gantos called Rik who had already lined up a sale for how much of the hash?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
3. What was the name of the physician's assistant who helped Gantos find a position with the medical staff?
(a) Mr. Newman.
(b) Mr. Wilcox.
(c) Mr. Bow.
(d) Mr. Casey.
4. After how many months into his sentence was Gantos taken to see the parole board?
5. When Gantos viewed his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6, he saw that his psychiatrist had called him what?
(a) A situational sociopath.
(b) Criminally insane.
(c) Beyond diagnosis.
6. While others slept, what did Gantos do to avoid what he believed to be certain death or capture in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Sat in a barn.
(b) Sneaked into the woods.
(c) Slept in the car.
(d) Hid in the bathroom.
7. What was the maiden name of Jack Gantos's mother?
(a) Elizabeth Jones.
(b) Elizabeth Weaver.
(c) Elizabeth Smithson.
(d) Elizabeth Holloway.
8. The DA offered Gantos a deal where he could __________ and receive a lighter sentence.
(a) Plead guilty.
(b) Reveal his drug contacts.
(c) Community service.
(d) Attend rehab.
9. When Gantos viewed his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6, he saw that the parole board had called him what?
(c) Mentally unstable.
(d) A danger to himself and others.
10. What color was Gantos' private prison cell?
11. As Gantos passed the hotel's lobby on the last day of the operation, who was being accosted by the FBI?
(a) The bellhop.
(d) Mr. Bacon.
12. While working for the prison hospital staff, Gantos describes what performer as having visited?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) An Elvis impersonator.
(c) The Village People.
(d) Willie Nelson.
13. In Section 3, Chapter 7, Gantos points out that every prisoner has what kind of story, as well as a getting caught story?
(a) Facing a pedophile.
(b) Getting out.
(c) Killing a guard.
14. In Section 3, Chapter 3, Gantos attended his hearing and the judge was read Gantos' own admission from what source?
(a) His sworn statement.
(b) His arrest warrant.
(c) His cellmate's affidavit.
(d) Ship's log.
15. In what state was Gantos's father when he visited Gantos in prison in Section 3, Chapter 6?
(c) Coked up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Gantos' new caseworker in in Section 3, Chapter 7?
2. The DA informed Gantos that _______ had been arrested in Florida before ever arriving in New York.
3. The hotel where Jack went to hide out from the FBI was the same one he had lived in during what other time in his life?
4. To what city did Gantos travel after he was released from prison?
5. In Section 3, Chapter 1, the DA revealed that Gantos was the _________ person to come forward.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)