|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lawyer Gantos's father had contacted to work for Gantos in Section 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Ralph C. Daniels.
(b) Joe P. Alberts.
(c) Ben D. Thompson.
(d) Al E. Newman.
2. As Gantos never had visitors, he made arrangements to clear what on visitation days?
(a) The hospital offices.
(b) The bathrooms.
(c) The exercise yard.
(d) The warden's office.
3. Who mailed Gantos's college applications from his home so that he could avoid a Department of Corrections stamp in Section 3, Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Wilcox.
(b) Mr. Casey.
(c) Mr. Bow.
(d) Mr. Newman.
4. When he entered college, Gantos worked nights as___________.
(a) A pizza delivery person.
(b) A cab driver.
(c) A security guard.
(d) A gas station attendant.
5. In Section 3, Chapter 4, Gantos was sent to a federal prison in what city?
(a) Austin, Texas.
(b) Ashland, Kentucky.
(c) Provo, Utah.
(d) Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
6. While working for the prison hospital staff, Gantos describes what performer as having visited?
(a) The Village People.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) An Elvis impersonator.
(d) Willie Nelson.
7. When Gantos viewed his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6, he saw that his case worker had called him __________________.
(a) An average risk to society.
(b) A marginal risk to the jail population.
(c) A high risk to himself.
(d) A minimal risk to society.
8. In Section 3, Chapter 6, Gantos counted off the days of his sentence, with which days being the worst?
9. Where did Gantos hide out from the FBI after they accosted one of the group in the hotel in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Local market.
(c) Car dealership.
(d) Movie theater.
10. At his first meeting with the parole board, Gantos was denied parole for how much longer in Section 3, Chapter 5?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 6 months.
11. During his initial interview with his lawyer, Gantos learned he was being prosecuted federally for several charges and each carried a sentence of _____________.
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
12. Gantos's lawyer continued to tell Gantos he would only receive ____________.
(a) A fine.
(b) Community service.
(d) A verbal scolding from the judge.
13. Who looked on as Gantos was taken by the bailiff in Section 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Gantos's brother.
(b) Gantos's uncle.
(c) Gantos's mother.
(d) Gantos's father.
14. Gantos's new lawyer told Gantos to immediately ________________.
(a) Turn himself in.
(b) Have a good time.
(c) Wire him money.
(d) Get out of the country.
15. Gantos admits that after he was given his delay by the parole board, what entered his mind in Section 3, Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gantos was taken to the solitary confinement cells where a man lay injured with what item up his anus?
2. Once tied up, Hamilton and Gantos called Rik who had already lined up a sale for how much of the hash?
3. Where did Hamilton and Gantos stay in New York in Section 2, Chapter 4?
4. Gantos's lawyer explained to him that Gantos's sentence was a youth sentence, meaning Gantos could serve how much time?
5. What was the name of the physician's assistant who helped Gantos find a position with the medical staff?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)