|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 2, Chapter 4, Gantos laments that everyone in prison has a story of __________.
(a) How they can escape.
(b) What they wish they were doing.
(c) How they were caught.
(d) Where they will go when they get out.
2. Where is Attica Prison located?
(a) Attica, Michigan.
(b) Attica, Minnesota.
(c) Attica, New York.
(d) Attica, Illinois.
3. After being stolen, where were the chest x-rays of the female hospital worker found in Section 3, Chapter 5?
(c) Warden's desk.
4. What was the maiden name of Jack Gantos's mother?
(a) Elizabeth Holloway.
(b) Elizabeth Jones.
(c) Elizabeth Weaver.
(d) Elizabeth Smithson.
5. While others slept, what did Gantos do to avoid what he believed to be certain death or capture in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Hid in the bathroom.
(b) Sneaked into the woods.
(c) Sat in a barn.
(d) Slept in the car.
6. According to the DA, who had taken aerial photos of the boat?
(b) Private pilot.
(c) United Airlines.
(d) Coast Guard.
7. Where did Hamilton and Gantos stay in New York in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) The Pines Hotel.
(b) The Aurora Hotel.
(c) The Tiffany Hotel.
(d) The Chelsea Hotel.
8. Without books, what did Gantos find himself reading during his first week at the federal prison?
9. When Gantos viewed his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6, he saw that his case worker had called him __________________.
(a) A high risk to himself.
(b) A minimal risk to society.
(c) A marginal risk to the jail population.
(d) An average risk to society.
10. What were prisoners not allowed to keep, as described in Section 3, Chapter 4?
11. When Gantos viewed his own medical file in Section 3, Chapter 6, he saw that his psychiatrist had called him what?
(a) Criminally insane.
(c) Beyond diagnosis.
(d) A situational sociopath.
12. In Section 3, Chapter 1, the DA revealed that Gantos was the _________ person to come forward.
13. What item was Gantos unable to take with him when he left prison?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His journal.
(c) His drawings.
(d) His cellmate.
14. In Section 3, Chapter 2, what did Gantos read in his spare time?
(b) Prison literature.
(c) Celebrity magazines.
(d) Sports magazines.
15. During his initial interview with his lawyer, Gantos learned he was being prosecuted federally for how many charges?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Gantos's father bring with him when he visited Gantos in prison in Section 3, Chapter 6?
2. Who was Gantos' new caseworker in in Section 3, Chapter 7?
3. What did Gantos have which caused him to be sequestered upon arriving at the federal prison in Section 3, Chapter 4?
4. In Section 3, Chapter 1, what did Gantos learn when he called home?
5. Gantos admits that after he was given his delay by the parole board, what entered his mind in Section 3, Chapter 7?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)