|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Scanlon claim had happened to him when Gantos called in Section 1, Chapter 4?
(a) He had met a beautiful woman.
(b) He had lost the money.
(c) He had been mugged.
(d) He had been arrested.
2. With what family did Jack Gantos first live in Florida while he worked on finishing school?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Donaldson.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Bacon.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Farmer.
3. With what was Gantos paid while working in St. Croix with his father?
(b) Food and liquor.
(c) Room and board.
4. Where did Gantos arrive just as a tropical storm hit?
(a) St. John.
(b) Key West, Florida.
(c) Tallahassee, Florida.
(d) St. Croix.
5. Mr. Gantos would drive the family on trips to their hometown and spend time pointing out _______ to Jack.
(a) Cars and trucks.
(b) Ex-cons and criminals.
6. Gantos agreed to to help Hamilton sail with hash from St. Croix to what city?
(b) New York.
7. What is the largest of the Virgin islands?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Croix.
(c) St. Thomas.
(d) St. Peter.
8. In Section 1, Chapter 4, Gantos found himself inspired by a novel written by what author?
(a) Jack Kerouac.
(c) Hunter S. Thompson.
(d) John Hersey.
9. While in school, Gantos had a crush on his teacher for what class?
10. According to the author in Section 1, Chapter 3, one afternoon his entire school was send to the auditorium where they heard presentations from ____________.
11. After being battered by storms for three days, what did Hamilton order Gantos to follow?
(b) Coast Guard turboprop.
(c) Group of dolphins.
(d) Oil tanker.
12. Where in Florida did Jack Gantos's parents send him so that he could finish school?
(b) Key West.
(c) S.t. Petersburg.
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
13. Instead of construction, Gantos and his father built _____________.
14. What did the family that Jack Gantos rented a room from in Florida while working on finishing school sell from their home?`
(a) Prosthetic limbs.
(b) Patio furniture.
15. Hamilton and Gantos were unable to reach Rik in what city?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business did Jack Gantos's father run?
2. The woman who ran the hotel where Gantos lived during his senior year in high school claimed to be related to whom?
3. In Section 1, Chapter 4, Gantos found himself inspired by what novel?
4. What refers to a cannabis preparation composed of compressed stalked resin glands collected from the unfertilized buds of the cannabis plant?
5. In Section 2, Chapter 1, Gantos found himself in St. Croix, but it had changed drastically and _______were readily available.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)