|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Scanlon claim had happened to him when Gantos called in Section 1, Chapter 4?
(a) He had lost the money.
(b) He had been arrested.
(c) He had been mugged.
(d) He had met a beautiful woman.
2. Hamilton clearly understood more of life than Gantos, as he feared __________ as well as police.
(b) The weather.
(c) The sea.
3. Hamilton taught Gantos that he couldn't just defecate in the ocean, as what would likely happen?
(a) Sharks would attack.
(b) Salt would enter his body.
(c) He would attract seagulls.
(d) He would fall overboard.
4. Why was Jack Gantos unable to attend school in San Juan?
(a) He was an illegal alien.
(b) He followed the wrong religion.
(c) He did not speak Spanish.
(d) He had a rare disease.
5. After being battered by storms for three days, what did Hamilton order Gantos to follow?
(a) Coast Guard turboprop.
(b) Oil tanker.
(c) Group of dolphins.
6. What had Jack Gantos dreamed of being since he was young?
7. Rik asked Gantos to call him if he saw __________ in the harbor.
(a) An orange yacht.
(b) A red-sailed boat.
(c) Three blue rowboats.
(d) A kayaker in all black.
8. Jack Gantos's father helped secure him a job as __________ in San Juan.
(a) An electrician.
(b) A plumber.
(c) A landscaper.
(d) A janitor.
9. What was the name of Jack Gantos's father?
(a) Alan Gantos.
(b) John Gantos.
(c) Robert Gantos.
(d) Mitch Gantos.
10. Where did Gantos go to wait for Scanlon after giving him money?
(a) Hotel room.
(d) Bus station.
11. Where is San Juan located?
(c) Puerto Rico.
12. Where did Tim Scanlon claim he was picking up merchandise in Section 1, Chapter 4?
(a) In a secluded alley.
(b) A lab at the college.
(c) A mall.
(d) A factory.
13. After grounding the boat, Hamilton and Gantos were allowed ashore where they were able to _________.
(a) Eat and wash.
(b) Walk and stretch.
(c) Drink and sing.
(d) Relax and drink.
14. Hamilton was a sailor from what country?
15. What did Jack Gantos tell his family he had decided not to do right away in Section 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Attend college.
(b) Travel through Europe.
(c) Move to Oregon.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, Chapter 2, Gantos, in his stoned state, realized Hamilton was partially insane as he began to refuse to _________.
2. Instead of construction, Gantos and his father built _____________.
3. According to the author in Section 1, Chapter 3, one afternoon his entire school was send to the auditorium where they heard presentations from ____________.
4. What refers to preparations of the cannabis plant intended for use as a psychoactive drug and as medicine?
5. With what did Gantos and Rik fill the bottom of the crate?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)