|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jack Gantos born?
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Marquette, Michigan.
(c) Buffalo, New York.
(d) Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
2. After being battered by storms for three days, what did Hamilton order Gantos to follow?
(b) Group of dolphins.
(c) Coast Guard turboprop.
(d) Oil tanker.
3. Where did Tim Scanlon claim he was picking up merchandise in Section 1, Chapter 4?
(a) In a secluded alley.
(b) A factory.
(c) A mall.
(d) A lab at the college.
4. What did Gantos begin doing with books to occupy his time?
(a) Acting out scenes.
(b) Drawing on the pages.
(c) Crossing out words.
(d) Ripping out the pages.
5. Why was Jack Gantos unable to attend school in San Juan?
(a) He followed the wrong religion.
(b) He was an illegal alien.
(c) He had a rare disease.
(d) He did not speak Spanish.
6. What did Rik ask for Gantos to build for him in Section 2, Chapter 1?
(a) False-bottomed crate.
(d) Dog house.
7. How much money did Gantos give Scanlon to make his deal?
8. What was the name of Jack Gantos's father?
(a) Alan Gantos.
(b) Robert Gantos.
(c) John Gantos.
(d) Mitch Gantos.
9. When a friend invited Gantos to a party to smoke marijuana, what did he end up doing once he'd arrived?
(a) Talking to a dog in the backyard.
(b) Drinking heavily until 4 a.m.
(c) Passing out in the bathtub.
(d) Drinking a few beers and leaving.
10. Section 2, Chapter 3 shows Gantos knew little of smuggling, as he took photos of whom?
(a) Tim Scanlon.
(d) Mr. Gantos.
11. Hamilton is described as being between ___________ years of age.
12. In Section 2, Chapter 2, Gantos, in his stoned state, realized Hamilton was partially insane as he began to refuse to _________.
(a) Brush his teeth.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Wear clothes.
13. After a day's sail, Hamilton took Gantos to what location where the hash was buried?
(a) Little Dog Island.
(b) Black Dove Island.
(c) Orange Iguana Island.
(d) Big Bear Island.
14. What did Hamilton send up to the Japanese fishing vessel as a thank you gift?
(a) Chunk of hash.
(b) Some books.
(c) Bottle of rum.
15. Where had Jack Gantos's father moved his business in Section 1, Chapter 3?
(a) St. Thomas.
(b) St. Croix.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is San Juan located?
2. The woman who ran the hotel where Gantos lived during his senior year in high school claimed to be related to whom?
3. According to the author in Section 1, Chapter 3, one afternoon his entire school was send to the auditorium where they heard presentations from ____________.
4. Gantos agreed to to help Hamilton sail with how much hash from St. Croix in Section 2, Chapter 1?
5. Jack Gantos's father helped secure him a job as __________ in San Juan.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)