|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Chapter 7 and Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Section 1: Chapter 3, Gantos dedicated the first section of his four section journal to _________.
(a) Vocabulary practice.
(b) Passages from books that inspire him.
(c) Inspired ideas for books.
(d) Daily entries.
2. Who looked on as Gantos was taken by the bailiff in Section 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Gantos's mother.
(b) Gantos's uncle.
(c) Gantos's father.
(d) Gantos's brother.
3. Gantos realized in Section 3, Chapter 6, that it was only when he was unable to __________that he was finally able to see his own worth and nurture his own writing.
(b) Blame others.
(c) Blame himself.
(d) Run away.
4. In Section 1, Chapter 4, Gantos found himself inspired by what novel?
(a) The Subterraneans.
(b) Book of Dreams.
(c) The Sea is My Brother.
(d) On the Road.
5. What did Gantos have which caused him to be sequestered upon arriving at the federal prison in Section 3, Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tim Scanlon promised to help Gantos by going in with him to buy ____________, which they could sell.
2. What kind of books did Gantos find himself reading regularly in St. Croix in Section 2, Chapter 1?
3. What refers to a cannabis preparation composed of compressed stalked resin glands collected from the unfertilized buds of the cannabis plant?
4. Gantos's attorney informed him that on the day after turning himself in he was to meet with whom?
5. What is the full name of Jack Gantos?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)