|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rik pay Gantos with in Section 2, Chapter 1?
(b) American currency.
2. What had Jack Gantos dreamed of being since he was young?
3. Where did Gantos go to interview in Section 1, Chapter 3?
(a) University of Tennessee.
(b) University of New York.
(c) University of Georgia.
(d) University of Florida.
4. With what did Gantos and Rik fill the bottom of the crate?
5. Why was Jack Gantos unable to attend school in San Juan?
(a) He followed the wrong religion.
(b) He was an illegal alien.
(c) He had a rare disease.
(d) He did not speak Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamilton and Gantos were unable to reach Rik in what city?
2. In Section 2, Chapter 1, Gantos's father's construction business was failing as a result of _________.
3. What led to Jack Gantos being thrown out of the house that he was staying in with an older couple in Florida?
4. In Section 1, Chapter 4, Gantos found himself inspired by what novel?
5. What kind of books did Gantos find himself reading regularly in St. Croix in Section 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)