|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what was the third section of Gantos' journal dedicated?
(a) Vocabulary practice.
(b) Inspired ideas for books.
(c) Passages from books that inspire him.
(d) Daily entries.
2. What is the full name of Jack Gantos?
(a) Timothy Frank Gantos, Jr.
(b) John Byran Gantos, Jr.
(c) Marcus Anthony Gantos, Jr.
(d) William Harold Gantos, Jr.
3. On the flight to New York, Gantos saw a newspaper reporting whose capture in Section 3, Chapter 1?
(b) Tim Scanlon's.
(c) Jack Kerouac's.
4. After grounding the boat, Hamilton and Gantos were allowed ashore where they were able to _________.
(a) Relax and drink.
(b) Drink and sing.
(c) Walk and stretch.
(d) Eat and wash.
5. What was stashed right by the hash in Hamilton and Gantos's boat in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Fishing poles.
(b) Extra anchor.
(c) Weather radio.
(d) Life jackets.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what was the fourth section of Gantos' journal dedicated?
2. Where in Florida did Jack Gantos's parents send him so that he could finish school?
3. What is the name of the lawyer Gantos's father had contacted to work for Gantos in Section 3, Chapter 1?
4. Where was Jack Gantos born?
5. Gantos wrote in the ship's log as if it were ___________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)