|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what was the fourth section of Gantos' journal dedicated?
(a) Passages from books that inspire him.
(b) Daily entries.
(c) Vocabulary practice.
(d) Inspired ideas for books.
2. During his initial interview with his lawyer, Gantos learned he was being prosecuted federally for how many charges?
3. In Section 2, Chapter 4, Gantos laments that everyone in prison has a story of __________.
(a) What they wish they were doing.
(b) Where they will go when they get out.
(c) How they can escape.
(d) How they were caught.
4. When did the Attica Prison riot take place?
5. When a friend invited Gantos to smoke marijuana at a party in Section 1, Chapter 3, he arrived to find only a group of guys sitting on the floor, trying to get high from __________.
(a) Leaves and roots.
(c) Roots and seeds.
(d) Stems and seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gantos wrote stories about those around him as well as his own ordeals in prison by journaling in his copy of a book by whom?
2. What had Jack Gantos dreamed of being since he was young?
3. Gantos felt that he was a coward because he could not believe in himself enough to go to ___________ to be a reporter.
4. What was the maiden name of Jack Gantos's mother?
5. Where is San Juan located?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)