|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The DA offered Gantos a deal where he could __________ and receive a lighter sentence.
(a) Attend rehab.
(b) Plead guilty.
(c) Community service.
(d) Reveal his drug contacts.
2. What does Gantos refer to as men in prison who thrived on pain and suffering?
3. Where in Florida did Jack Gantos's parents send him so that he could finish school?
(b) Key West.
(c) Fort Lauderdale.
(d) S.t. Petersburg.
4. What did Gantos begin doing with books to occupy his time?
(a) Acting out scenes.
(b) Drawing on the pages.
(c) Ripping out the pages.
(d) Crossing out words.
5. In Section 2, Chapter 1, Gantos's father's construction business was failing as a result of _________.
(a) Racial tensions.
(b) Bad publicity.
(c) A ruined economy.
(d) A tropical storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Section 1, Chapter 3, one afternoon his entire school was send to the auditorium where they heard presentations from ____________.
2. Gantos took the first train to ___________ after the FBI raided the hotel?
3. What did Rik ask for Gantos to build for him in Section 2, Chapter 1?
4. While in school, Gantos had a crush on his teacher for what class?
5. Where is Attica Prison located?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)