|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tim Scanlon claim he was picking up merchandise in Section 1, Chapter 4?
(a) In a secluded alley.
(b) A mall.
(c) A lab at the college.
(d) A factory.
2. What did the Japanese send back to Hamilton in return for his thank you gift?
(a) Bottle of sake.
(b) Bottle of whiskey.
3. To what was the fourth section of Gantos' journal dedicated?
(a) Vocabulary practice.
(b) Inspired ideas for books.
(c) Passages from books that inspire him.
(d) Daily entries.
4. Gantos wrote in the ship's log as if it were ___________.
(a) A crossword puzzle.
(b) A journal.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A textbook.
5. What does Gantos claim to be the cause of his acne in the cover photo?
(a) Sheets he slept on.
(b) Lack of sunlight.
(c) Stress and a greasy prison diet.
(d) Chemicals used to clean the prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being battered by storms for three days, what did Hamilton order Gantos to follow?
2. Hamilton clearly understood more of life than Gantos, as he feared __________ as well as police.
3. Hamilton taught Gantos that he couldn't just defecate in the ocean, as what would likely happen?
4. After locating a translator on board, what did the Japanese on the fishing vessel agree to give Hamilton and Gantos?
5. While in school, Gantos had a crush on his teacher for what class?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)