|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rik pay Gantos with in Section 2, Chapter 1?
(d) American currency.
2. What did the Japanese send back to Hamilton in return for his thank you gift?
(b) Bottle of whiskey.
(c) Bottle of sake.
3. Gantos wrote in the ship's log as if it were ___________.
(a) The Bible.
(b) A textbook.
(c) A journal.
(d) A crossword puzzle.
4. Who was photographing the movement of the hash in Section 2, Chapter 3?
(c) Jack Gantos.
(d) Coast Guard.
5. According to the author in Section 1, Chapter 3, one afternoon his entire school was send to the auditorium where they heard presentations from ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a day's sail, Hamilton took Gantos to what location where the hash was buried?
2. Where was Ernest Hemingway born?
3. After locating a translator on board, what did the Japanese on the fishing vessel agree to give Hamilton and Gantos?
4. Gantos wrote stories about those around him as well as his own ordeals in prison by journaling in his copy of a book by whom?
5. Section 2, Chapter 3 shows Gantos knew little of smuggling, as he took photos of whom?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)