|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: Chapter 1 and chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a friend invited Gantos to smoke marijuana at a party in Section 1, Chapter 3, he arrived to find only a group of guys sitting on the floor, trying to get high from __________.
(a) Roots and seeds.
(b) Stems and seeds.
(c) Leaves and roots.
2. What does Gantos refer to as men in prison who thrived on pain and suffering?
3. What kind of business did Jack Gantos's father run?
(b) Boat building.
4. According to Section 1: Chapter 3, Gantos dedicated the first section of his four section journal to _________.
(a) Vocabulary practice.
(b) Inspired ideas for books.
(c) Passages from books that inspire him.
(d) Daily entries.
5. Instead of construction, Gantos and his father built _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gantos drive with Scanlon to make a deal in Section 1, Chapter 4?
2. Gantos felt that he was a coward because he could not believe in himself enough to go to ___________ to be a reporter.
3. Tim Scanlon promised to help Gantos by going in with him to buy ____________, which they could sell.
4. What refers to a cannabis preparation composed of compressed stalked resin glands collected from the unfertilized buds of the cannabis plant?
5. Gantos's father believed Rik to be a __________.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)