|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gantos claim to be the cause of his acne in the cover photo?
(a) Sheets he slept on.
(b) Stress and a greasy prison diet.
(c) Lack of sunlight.
(d) Chemicals used to clean the prison.
2. Where in Florida did Jack Gantos's parents send him so that he could finish school?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
(c) Key West.
(d) S.t. Petersburg.
3. To what was the fourth section of Gantos' journal dedicated?
(a) Passages from books that inspire him.
(b) Inspired ideas for books.
(c) Daily entries.
(d) Vocabulary practice.
4. When a friend invited Gantos to a party to smoke marijuana, what did he end up doing once he'd arrived?
(a) Drinking a few beers and leaving.
(b) Passing out in the bathtub.
(c) Drinking heavily until 4 a.m.
(d) Talking to a dog in the backyard.
5. What refers to preparations of the cannabis plant intended for use as a psychoactive drug and as medicine?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 1, Chapter 2, Gantos explains he was in what year in high school when he began working?
2. What led to Jack Gantos being thrown out of the house that he was staying in with an older couple in Florida?
3. In Section 1, Chapter 4, Gantos found himself inspired by what novel?
4. Where did Gantos arrive just as a tropical storm hit?
5. In Section 1, Chapter 4, Gantos decided to drive criss-cross over Florida on his way to see his family in ______.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)