|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Gantos would drive the family on trips to their hometown and spend time pointing out _______ to Jack.
(b) Ex-cons and criminals.
(d) Cars and trucks.
2. Where had Jack Gantos's father moved his business in Section 1, Chapter 3?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. Thomas.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) St. Croix.
3. Gantos wrote stories about those around him as well as his own ordeals in prison by journaling in his copy of a book by whom?
4. To what was the second section of Gantos' journal dedicated?
(a) Vocabulary practice.
(b) Passages from books that inspire him.
(c) Daily entries.
(d) Inspired ideas for books.
5. What author did Gantos think of in Section 1, Chapter 4, who wrote of Hiroshima after the bomb?
(a) Jack Kerouac.
(c) Davy Crockett.
(d) John Hersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 1, Chapter 4, Gantos decided to drive criss-cross over Florida on his way to see his family in ______.
2. How much money did Gantos give Scanlon to make his deal?
3. In Section 1, Chapter 2, Gantos explains he was in what year in high school when he began working?
4. Where in Florida did Jack Gantos's parents send him so that he could finish school?
5. Where did Gantos arrive just as a tropical storm hit?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)