|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gantos arrive just as a tropical storm hit?
(a) Tallahassee, Florida.
(b) Key West, Florida.
(c) St. Croix.
(d) St. John.
2. What author did Gantos think of in Section 1, Chapter 4, who wrote of Hiroshima after the bomb?
(a) John Hersey.
(c) Davy Crockett.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
3. Gantos's father asked him to sign over _____________ in Section 3, Chapter 3?
(a) His stocks.
(b) His bank accounts.
(c) Insurance papers for his car.
(d) His mortgage.
4. Hamilton and Gantos were unable to reach Rik in what city?
(a) New York.
5. What did Hamilton send up to the Japanese fishing vessel as a thank you gift?
(a) Some books.
(b) Bottle of rum.
(c) Chunk of hash.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 1, Chapter 4, Gantos found himself inspired by a novel written by what author?
2. Where was Ernest Hemingway born?
3. What color was Gantos' private prison cell?
4. In Section 3, Chapter 4, Gantos was sent to a federal prison in what city?
5. According to Hamilton, how did Gantos look after the boat ran aground?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)