Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
(a) Bilbo and the Master.
(b) Bofur and Bombur.
(c) Fili and Kili.
(d) Dwalin and Balin.
2. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
(a) His economic expertise.
(b) His knowledge of the Elvish languages.
(c) His excellent memory and people skills.
(d) His love of old songs.
3. What colors is Smaug?
(a) Red and green.
(b) Red and gold.
(c) Red and black.
(d) Green and gold.
4. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
(b) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
(c) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
(d) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
5. Who killed Bolg, the goblin cheiftan?
(a) Beorn in bear's shape.
(b) Bard the Bowman.
(c) Gandalf, who called down lightning.
(d) Thorin, who got his death-wound fighting single-handed against Bolg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
2. What animals or creatures can be found near the doorstep?
3. What do the dwarves of the Iron Hills wear that is their special technological secret?
4. How can the dwarves and Bilbo reach the third camp outside the 'doorstep'?
5. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)