|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is supposed to be on watch when Bilbo steals out of the stronghold to the elves and Lakemen?
2. For whom was the armor Bilbo is rewarded with in Chapter 13 originally made?
(a) Bullroarer Took as a reward for killing the goblin chieftain.
(b) The bride of the King Under the Mountain.
(c) A young elf prince.
(d) Thorin when he was younger.
3. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
(b) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
(c) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(d) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
4. What is the other name for the Arkenstone?
(a) The Heart of the Mountain.
(b) The Heart of Darkness.
(c) The Mountain of Light.
(d) The Heart of the Dragon.
5. How does Thorin learn that Bilbo was the one who gave the Arkenstone to Bard and the Elvenking?
(a) Bilbo confesses to giving it to them.
(b) Thorin finds Bilbo's distinctive footprints leading out of the stronghold.
(c) A raven who saw Bilbo going to the camp tells him.
(d) Bard tells Thorin where he got the Arkenstone from.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bard astonished when the thrush lands on his shoulder?
2. Which of the following does Thorin not threaten to do to Bilbo in Chapter 17?
3. How does Bilbo know that the gem he stumbles across is the Arkenstone?
4. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
5. What does Thorin take as armor and weapons from the hoard of Smaug's treasure?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)