|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
(a) Bears, boars and oxen.
(b) Sheep, cattle and cats.
(c) Ponies, dogs and sheep.
(d) Bees, eagles and enslaved wolves.
2. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
(b) Flowing and beautiful.
(c) Cunning and cryptic.
(d) Thin and spidery.
3. What question of Balin's enraged the Elvenking?
(a) Balin asks if the spiders are the elves' pets.
(b) Balin asks what has happened to Thorin.
(c) Balin asks if the elves know anything about Smaug's treasure.
(d) Balin asks the Elvenking for food and drink before being set free.
4. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
(a) Green, black and white.
(b) Red, yellow and orange.
(c) Blue, white and purple.
(d) Blue, red and green.
5. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
6. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
7. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
(d) The Necromancer.
8. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My hiding place.
(b) My birthday present.
(c) My precious.
(d) My special secret.
9. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
10. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
11. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(b) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(c) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(d) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
12. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
(a) Kili and Fili.
(b) Nori and Ori.
(c) Oin and Gloin.
(d) Bifur and Bofur.
13. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Cold ham and apples.
(c) Cold mutton and rabbit.
(d) Bread and water.
14. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
(a) A long beautiful sword in a jewelled scabbard.
(b) A large, clumsy key.
(c) A knife big enough to serve him as a short sword.
(d) A pot full of gold coins.
15. Who does Bilbo see first after escaping Gollum and the dark tunnels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
2. What small creatures does Bilbo find at the top of the oak tree in Chapter 8?
3. What does Gollum eat?
4. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
5. What color is Bilbo's front door into his hobbit hole?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)