|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of elves have taken Thorin prisoner?
(a) Sea Elves.
(b) Wood Elves.
(c) Deep Elves.
(d) Light Elves.
2. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My birthday present.
(b) My special secret.
(c) My hiding place.
(d) My precious.
3. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) Gollum will eat him.
(b) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(c) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
(d) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
4. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
(a) Balin and Dwalin.
(b) Dori and Nori.
(c) Oin and Gloin.
(d) Fili and Kili.
5. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
(b) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
(c) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
(d) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
6. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
(a) Nori and Ori.
(b) Oin and Gloin.
(c) Kili and Fili.
(d) Bifur and Bofur.
7. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
(a) It flows too fast to be safe if they stand on the brink and try to fill their waterskins.
(b) They are more interested in getting across it.
(c) Beorn had warned them that the water was enchanted.
(d) It looks poisonous and unhealthy.
8. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
(a) Wargs have especially keen hearing.
(b) Wargs can still see the wearer's shadow, even by moonlight.
(c) Wargs can find the wearer by their sense of smell.
(d) Wargs are magical, and the ring does not work on them.
9. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
10. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
11. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
(b) The Necromancer.
12. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
13. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
(a) The echoes inside the caves are too confusing.
(b) The goblins have made themselves invisible.
(c) The goblins are wearing soft shoes.
(d) The dwarves are talking too loudly.
14. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
(a) Red, yellow and orange.
(b) Green, black and white.
(c) Blue, white and purple.
(d) Blue, red and green.
15. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Fish and goblins.
(b) Fish and mushrooms.
(c) Bats and spiders.
(d) Ponies and goblins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
2. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
3. Why are the dwarves glad to be captured by the elves (at first)?
4. Who does Bilbo see first after escaping Gollum and the dark tunnels?
5. What is the other name for Rivendell?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)