|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) On the top of a windy mountain.
(b) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(c) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(d) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
2. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
(a) He does not like the food that the Lake-men offer them.
(b) He has a bad cold.
(c) He still wishes he was back in his hobbit-hole.
(d) He is suspicious about the possible motives of the Master.
3. How does the Elvenking react to the sight of the Arkenstone?
(a) He is unimpressed by it.
(b) He is consumed by lust for the gem and is willing to renounce the rest of the treasure if he can have the Arkenstone.
(c) He is amazed by its beauty and questions Bilbo's right to give it to him.
(d) He rejects Bilbo's offer as treacherous and ignoble, preferring instead to fight fairly for a share of the treasure.
4. Who makes the cram that the dwarves and Bilbo eat while camping at Ravenhill?
(b) The Lake-men.
(c) The Wood Elves.
(d) The dwarves, using an ancient and secret recipe.
5. Who is the first dwarf to arrive at Bilbo's house in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
2. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
3. What special ability does Beorn have?
4. Who finds the 'doorstep' of the secret door in Chapter 11?
5. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)