|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apart from the dragon, what other animals live inside the Lonely Mountain?
2. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
(a) Bofur and Bombur.
(b) Bilbo and the Master.
(c) Dwalin and Balin.
(d) Fili and Kili.
3. What is Beorn doing when Gandalf and Bilbo arrive at his house?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Shearing sheep.
(c) Churning butter.
(d) Extracting honey from his hives.
4. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
(a) The Long Lake.
(b) The Iron Hills to the northeast of the lake.
(c) The Lonely Mountain.
(d) A landslide.
5. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
(a) More like a grocer than a burglar.
(b) As fierce as a dragon in a pinch.
(c) Our friend and fellow conspirator.
(d) Little fellow bobbing on the mat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dain's father?
2. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
3. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
4. Who finds the 'doorstep' of the secret door in Chapter 11?
5. What sort of tree does Gandalf take refuge from the wargs in?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)