|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
(a) Fili and Kili.
(b) Oin and Gloin.
(c) Balin and Dwalin.
(d) Dori and Nori.
2. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Prophecy and pathfinding.
(b) Fire and lights.
(c) Calling down lightning and thunder.
(d) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
3. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
(a) They are more interested in getting across it.
(b) It flows too fast to be safe if they stand on the brink and try to fill their waterskins.
(c) Beorn had warned them that the water was enchanted.
(d) It looks poisonous and unhealthy.
4. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(b) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
(c) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
(d) He paddles a little boat.
5. What does Bilbo see at nightfall as they travel towards Mirkwood?
(a) A great black bear (Beorn in his animal shape) following them.
(b) Spies and servants of the Necromancer.
(c) Wargs and goblins trying to sneak past Beorn's borders.
(d) The borrowed ponies trying to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
2. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
3. How old is Roac the raven?
4. Who is the first to see the lights from the elves' feast?
5. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)