|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
(b) Prophecy and pathfinding.
(c) Fire and lights.
(d) Calling down lightning and thunder.
2. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
(a) Footsteps and whips.
(b) Hammers and tongs.
(c) Cymbals and tamborines.
(d) Drums and gongs.
3. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
(b) He paddles a little boat.
(c) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
(d) He rides on the back of blind fish.
4. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Cold ham and apples.
(b) Cold mutton and rabbit.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
(d) Bread and water.
5. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
(a) Ale, bread, cheese and bacon.
(b) Bacon, beer, rabbit pie, and apples.
(c) Mutton bones, mince pies and sausages.
(d) Cheese, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
2. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
3. What is the full name of the grim-faced man who habitually predicts disasters like floods and poisoned fish?
4. Which of the following is not a change that the adventurers notice after encountering the hunt and the white deer?
5. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)