|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Bolg, the goblin cheiftan?
(a) Bard the Bowman.
(b) Beorn in bear's shape.
(c) Thorin, who got his death-wound fighting single-handed against Bolg.
(d) Gandalf, who called down lightning.
2. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
(a) He is angry and perplexed at their greed.
(b) He is intrigued and starts becoming greedy for a share of the treasure.
(c) He is amazed at the skill the dwarves talk about.
(d) He ignores them, as he has no interest in treasures.
3. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
4. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
(a) In the trolls' cave.
(b) In a bush.
(c) Under a sack.
(d) In a tree trunk.
5. Which dwarves are killed in the battle or die because of wounds sustained during it?
(a) Dori, Nori and Ori.
(b) Thorin, Fili and Kili.
(c) Bifur, Bofur and Bombur.
(d) Thorin, Balin and Dwalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the dwarves glad to be captured by the elves (at first)?
2. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
3. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
4. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
5. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)