|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
(a) A fiddle.
(b) A clarinet.
(c) A flute.
(d) A harp.
2. What is the other name for Rivendell?
(a) The Edge of the Wild.
(b) The Hidden Valley.
(c) The Valley of the Elves.
(d) The Last Homely House.
3. What makes Bilbo drop his torch after finding the Arkenstone?
(a) He believes the dragon is coming back and wants to hide.
(b) A bat startles him.
(c) He trips over a necklace of pearls.
(d) He is so surprised when he sees the Arkenstone that he drops the torch.
4. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
5. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A raven.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A thrush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals do the adventurers see quite frequently in the early stages of their journey through Mirkwood?
2. What gift does Bard the Bowman give to the Elvenking?
3. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
4. What does Gollum eat?
5. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)