|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
(a) That Gollum wanted to eat him if he lost the riddle contest.
(b) That his little sword is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(c) That he now has a ring that makes him invisible when he puts it on.
(d) That he had pity on Gollum and did not kill him when he had the chance.
2. What does Bilbo think the eagles will do to him at first?
(a) He thinks they plan to eat him.
(b) He hopes that they will give him a meal.
(c) He is afraid they will drop him over the edge of their eyrie.
(d) He thinks they will give him back to the goblins.
3. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
(a) Some of the treasure came from Dale and belonged to Bard's ancestors.
(b) The people of Laketown helped the dwarves when the dwarves were in need, but are now in need themselves.
(c) Bard was the one who actually killed the dragon.
(d) The dragon had a lot of treasure, so there is plenty for all to share.
4. How high is the doorway that leads into the secret tunnel in Chapter 11?
(a) Three feet high.
(b) Six feet high.
(c) Five feet high.
(d) We are not told.
5. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
(b) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
(c) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
(d) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to ride in the boat with Bombur?
2. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
3. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
4. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
5. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)