|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) Gollum's grandmother.
(b) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(c) A fish.
2. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) All three of them.
3. What special ability does Beorn have?
(a) He can change from a man into a black bear.
(b) He can handle bees without being stung.
(c) He can hunt any animal alive with his bare hands.
(d) He can lift rocks as big as the Carrock.
4. What was the final fate of the ponies?
(a) The goblins ate them.
(b) They escaped back to Rivendell.
(c) They starved to death.
(d) The goblins used them to draw carts in the mines.
5. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
(a) The Long Lake.
(b) The Iron Hills to the northeast of the lake.
(c) The Lonely Mountain.
(d) A landslide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
2. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
3. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
4. What treasures are placed on Thorin's body and/or tomb when he is buried?
5. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)