|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
2. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
(a) The Threshold of Winter.
(b) The Day of the Thrush.
(c) The Hunter's Moon.
(d) Durin's Day.
3. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
(a) He is intrigued and starts becoming greedy for a share of the treasure.
(b) He ignores them, as he has no interest in treasures.
(c) He is amazed at the skill the dwarves talk about.
(d) He is angry and perplexed at their greed.
4. What was the final fate of the ponies?
(a) They escaped back to Rivendell.
(b) The goblins ate them.
(c) The goblins used them to draw carts in the mines.
(d) They starved to death.
5. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
(a) They believe that the dragon does not exist.
(b) They believe that the dragon is harmless and even friendly.
(c) They believe that the river will flow with gold once the King Under the Mountain returns.
(d) They believe that Thorin is not the rightful King Under the Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dain's father?
2. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
3. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
4. What animals or creatures can be found near the doorstep?
5. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)