|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
2. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
3. Who is the first dwarf to arrive at Bilbo's house in Chapter 1?
4. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
(a) The Lonely Mountain.
(b) A landslide.
(c) The Iron Hills to the northeast of the lake.
(d) The Long Lake.
5. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
(a) A wagon load of silver and gold.
(b) A golden crown for the Lord of Eagles and golden collars for his fifteen chieftans.
(c) A magnificent necklace set with rubies and emeralds.
(d) Specially designed spurs of steel that will help them fight agains the goblins better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bard astonished when the thrush lands on his shoulder?
2. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
3. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
4. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
5. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)