|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
(a) Bows and spears.
(b) Whips and clubs.
(c) Swords and daggers.
(d) They freeze the dwarves with their magical powers.
2. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Thin and spidery.
(b) Cunning and cryptic.
(c) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
(d) Flowing and beautiful.
3. What does Bilbo deduce from seeing the smoke and steam issuing from the Front Gate?
(a) That the dragon is alive.
(b) That the dragon is watching them from the side of the mountain.
(c) That the dragon has set himself on fire.
(d) That the dragon is getting ready to come out and eat them.
4. How does Bilbo know that the gem he stumbles across is the Arkenstone?
(a) He does not know it is the Arkenstone at all and fails to recognize it.
(b) He hears the ghost of a long-dead dwarf whisper its name to him as he picks it up.
(c) Bilbo recognizes it from Thorin's description.
(d) It is written in letters of gold across one of the facets of the stone.
5. What sort of elves have taken Thorin prisoner?
(a) Deep Elves.
(b) Wood Elves.
(c) Light Elves.
(d) Sea Elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
2. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
3. What special ability does Beorn have?
4. What does Bilbo think the eagles will do to him at first?
5. What does Gollum call the ring?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)