|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
2. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
(a) It flows too fast to be safe if they stand on the brink and try to fill their waterskins.
(b) They are more interested in getting across it.
(c) It looks poisonous and unhealthy.
(d) Beorn had warned them that the water was enchanted.
3. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
(a) Beorn had a great battle against a pack of Wargs.
(b) Beorn, in bear-shape, tried to kill the adventurers.
(c) Beorn and Gandalf talked all night on top of the Carrock.
(d) Beorn and other bears held a meeting and a dance.
4. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
(a) He does not believe that Bilbo and the others have really found the secret door.
(b) He lost a bet and had to go on guard duty as a result.
(c) He is very fond of the ponies and doesn't want to leave them behind.
(d) He thinks he is too fat for the ropes and that he will get dizzy or trip on the path.
5. Who makes the cram that the dwarves and Bilbo eat while camping at Ravenhill?
(a) The dwarves, using an ancient and secret recipe.
(b) The Wood Elves.
(d) The Lake-men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
2. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
3. What was the final fate of the ponies?
4. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
5. What small creatures does Bilbo find at the top of the oak tree in Chapter 8?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)