|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
(b) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(c) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
(d) Gollum will eat him.
2. Who attacks first and starts the war over the dragon gold?
(a) The goblins and wargs.
(b) The elves.
(c) The dwarves.
(d) The Lakemen.
3. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
(a) A raven.
(b) A crow.
(c) A thrush.
(d) An eagle.
4. Why can Bard understand the speech of the thrush?
(a) The thrush spoke Bard's native language.
(b) He has studied the language of birds and is used to it.
(c) His ancestors came from Dale, where the people had the power of understanding the speech of birds.
(d) It was a special, magical thrush that could make any human that spoke to it understand.
5. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) Midsummer's Eve.
(b) The autumn equinox.
(c) Bilbo's birthday.
(d) Midsummer morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
2. How does Bilbo know that the gem he stumbles across is the Arkenstone?
3. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
4. Who is supposed to be on watch when Bilbo steals out of the stronghold to the elves and Lakemen?
5. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)