|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
2. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
(a) He does not believe that Bilbo and the others have really found the secret door.
(b) He is very fond of the ponies and doesn't want to leave them behind.
(c) He lost a bet and had to go on guard duty as a result.
(d) He thinks he is too fat for the ropes and that he will get dizzy or trip on the path.
3. Why are the dwarves glad to be captured by the elves (at first)?
(a) They know that if they promise the elves a share of their treasure, they will be set free.
(b) The elves have been friends with the dwarves for hundreds of years.
(c) They are starving, and the elves will give their prisoners food.
(d) They guess that the elves have taken Thorin prisoner and they want to be reunited with him.
4. Which dwarf is not present on the Doorstep when the door is finally opened?
5. Who makes the cram that the dwarves and Bilbo eat while camping at Ravenhill?
(b) The dwarves, using an ancient and secret recipe.
(c) The Lake-men.
(d) The Wood Elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
2. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
3. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
4. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
5. What makes Bilbo drop his torch after finding the Arkenstone?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)