|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
(b) In the Mines of Moria.
(c) In Rivendell itself.
(d) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
2. What animals or creatures can be found near the doorstep?
(a) Snails and scorpions.
(b) Thrushes and ravens.
(c) Snakes, spiders and crows.
(d) Thrushes and giant snails.
3. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My precious.
(b) My hiding place.
(c) My special secret.
(d) My birthday present.
4. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
(a) Wargs can still see the wearer's shadow, even by moonlight.
(b) Wargs are magical, and the ring does not work on them.
(c) Wargs have especially keen hearing.
(d) Wargs can find the wearer by their sense of smell.
5. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
2. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
3. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
4. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
5. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)