|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treasures are placed on Thorin's body and/or tomb when he is buried?
(a) The crown that had been his grandfather's.
(b) A golden statue of Smaug.
(c) The shield and sword he carried in his last battle.
(d) The Arkenstone and the sword Orcrist.
2. What is Thorin considering doing when he learns that the other dwarves are also in prison with him?
(a) Promising the Elvenking a share of the treasure.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Telling the Elvenking about the quest and the treasure.
(d) Swearing to become a slave of the elves for the rest of his life.
3. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) The autumn equinox.
(b) Midsummer morning.
(c) Midsummer's Eve.
(d) Bilbo's birthday.
4. In Chapter 14, qho does Bard ask for help in making sure that the refugees from Laketown have food and shelter to help them through the oncoming winter?
(a) Beorn and the woodsmen who hunt the Wargs.
(b) The King of the Wood Elves.
(c) The dwarves of the Iron Hills.
(d) The goblins of the Misty Mountains.
5. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
2. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
3. Who does Bilbo see first after escaping Gollum and the dark tunnels?
4. Why does Smaug react with such great fury in Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)