|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
(a) The Iron Hills to the northeast of the lake.
(b) The Lonely Mountain.
(c) A landslide.
(d) The Long Lake.
2. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
(a) They believe that the dragon does not exist.
(b) They believe that the river will flow with gold once the King Under the Mountain returns.
(c) They believe that Thorin is not the rightful King Under the Mountain.
(d) They believe that the dragon is harmless and even friendly.
3. Who is the first to see the lights from the elves' feast?
4. Who does Bilbo see first after escaping Gollum and the dark tunnels?
5. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
(a) That he had pity on Gollum and did not kill him when he had the chance.
(b) That Gollum wanted to eat him if he lost the riddle contest.
(c) That he now has a ring that makes him invisible when he puts it on.
(d) That his little sword is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Roac the raven?
2. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
3. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
4. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
5. What animals do the adventurers see quite frequently in the early stages of their journey through Mirkwood?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)