|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) He can use it like a match to make fire.
(b) It helps him see in the dark.
(c) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
(d) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
2. What was the final fate of the ponies?
(a) The goblins used them to draw carts in the mines.
(b) They starved to death.
(c) The goblins ate them.
(d) They escaped back to Rivendell.
3. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A raven.
(c) A thrush.
(d) An eagle.
4. What is Thorin considering doing when he learns that the other dwarves are also in prison with him?
(a) Promising the Elvenking a share of the treasure.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Telling the Elvenking about the quest and the treasure.
(d) Swearing to become a slave of the elves for the rest of his life.
5. Who carries the wooden casket holding the Arkenstone to the parley with Thorin?
(a) An unnamed wood-elf.
(c) The Master of Laketown.
(d) Bard the Bowman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unexpected news does Bilbo give the elves and Lakemen?
2. What does Gollum call the ring?
3. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
4. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
5. What sort of elves have taken Thorin prisoner?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)