|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
(a) A raven.
(b) A thrush.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A crow.
2. What animals or creatures can be found near the doorstep?
(a) Snakes, spiders and crows.
(b) Snails and scorpions.
(c) Thrushes and ravens.
(d) Thrushes and giant snails.
3. What sort of elves have taken Thorin prisoner?
(a) Deep Elves.
(b) Sea Elves.
(c) Light Elves.
(d) Wood Elves.
4. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
(a) He steals it from the stores or the table when nobody is looking.
(b) He slips out through the magic gates and goes hunting.
(c) He scrounges it off the rubbish heaps of the elves.
(d) He takes it out of the barrels sent to Esgaroth.
5. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Fire and lights.
(b) Calling down lightning and thunder.
(c) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
(d) Prophecy and pathfinding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
2. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
3. How does the Elvenking react to the sight of the Arkenstone?
4. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
5. Who carries the wooden casket holding the Arkenstone to the parley with Thorin?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)