|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorin take as armor and weapons from the hoard of Smaug's treasure?
(a) Silver armour, a belt set with rubies and a black mace set with diamonds.
(b) A coat of silver mail, a helmet encrusted with diamonds and an ivory bow.
(c) Spears with the heads inlaid with gold, an emerald-studded shield and a crown.
(d) A coat of gold-plated rings, an axe with a silver haft and a belt encrusted with scarlet stones.
2. What did Smaug meet in his nightmare before he wakes up?
(a) A bigger, stronger dragon wanting to steal his hoard.
(b) Thieves stealing from his hoard.
(c) A brave warrior with a sword.
(d) An army of archers.
3. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) On the top of a windy mountain.
(b) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(c) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(d) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
4. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
5. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
(a) He does not like the food that the Lake-men offer them.
(b) He is suspicious about the possible motives of the Master.
(c) He still wishes he was back in his hobbit-hole.
(d) He has a bad cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
2. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
3. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
4. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
5. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)