|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
(a) His shadow in the torchlight.
(b) His weight presses the barrels lower in the water.
(c) His wet footprints and his sneezing.
(d) He bumps into the men quite frequently.
2. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) A knife.
(b) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(c) A ring.
(d) A slice of bacon.
3. Why is Bard astonished when the thrush lands on his shoulder?
(a) He believes the thrush is a spy of the dragon's sent to distract his aim.
(b) The thrush is the emblem on his family coat of arms.
(c) He thought all the thrushes in the area had been killed by the dragon.
(d) He can understand its speech.
4. Who makes the cram that the dwarves and Bilbo eat while camping at Ravenhill?
(a) The Wood Elves.
(b) The dwarves, using an ancient and secret recipe.
(d) The Lake-men.
5. What type of birds inhabit the area of the mountain and valleys closest to the Front Gate?
(d) None - the dragon has eaten them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
2. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
3. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
4. What question of Balin's enraged the Elvenking?
5. What color is Bilbo's front door into his hobbit hole?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)