|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
(a) Nothing - Thorin uses it to enhance his kingly apperance when he presents himself to the Master of Laketown.
(b) It had become hopelessly rusty in the trip down the river.
(c) It had fallen off and become lost while the Eagles were rescuing the adventurers from the wargs and goblins.
(d) The King of the Wood Elves took it from Thorin when he was made prisoner.
2. What color is Thorin's hood?
(b) Sky blue.
(c) Yellow and orange.
3. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(a) The wind.
(b) White horses.
(c) A mountain.
4. What is Beorn doing when Gandalf and Bilbo arrive at his house?
(a) Extracting honey from his hives.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Shearing sheep.
(d) Churning butter.
5. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
(a) The goblins are wearing soft shoes.
(b) The goblins have made themselves invisible.
(c) The echoes inside the caves are too confusing.
(d) The dwarves are talking too loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
2. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
3. What does Thorin take as armor and weapons from the hoard of Smaug's treasure?
4. How high is the doorway that leads into the secret tunnel in Chapter 11?
5. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)