|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
(a) Keep going straight ahead, no matter what happens.
(b) You must either go through or give up the quest.
(c) Don't go near the Necromancer's tower.
(d) Don't leave the path.
2. Why is Bard astonished when the thrush lands on his shoulder?
(a) He thought all the thrushes in the area had been killed by the dragon.
(b) He can understand its speech.
(c) The thrush is the emblem on his family coat of arms.
(d) He believes the thrush is a spy of the dragon's sent to distract his aim.
3. What animals or creatures can be found near the doorstep?
(a) Thrushes and ravens.
(b) Snakes, spiders and crows.
(c) Snails and scorpions.
(d) Thrushes and giant snails.
4. How do the dwarves manage to obtain three ponies in Chapter 15?
(a) They find that three of the ponies escaped from the dragon and were wandering down the river.
(b) They capture and tame wild ponies that were living in the area.
(c) Bilbo steals the ponies off the Lakemen using his magic ring.
(d) Dain from the Iron Hills sends the ponies to help Thorin.
5. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
(a) He is intrigued and starts becoming greedy for a share of the treasure.
(b) He ignores them, as he has no interest in treasures.
(c) He is amazed at the skill the dwarves talk about.
(d) He is angry and perplexed at their greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Smaug meet in his nightmare before he wakes up?
2. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
3. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
4. What is the other name for the Arkenstone?
5. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)