|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
2. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
(a) Reciting spells that can open locked doors.
(b) Using pickaxes to break through the stone.
(c) Throwing loose rocks at the cliff face.
(d) Beating on the stone and pushing at the cliff face.
3. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
(a) A crow.
(b) A thrush.
(c) A raven.
(d) An eagle.
4. Apart from the dragon, what other animals live inside the Lonely Mountain?
5. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
(a) Sitting on them and squashing them.
(b) Mincing them and boiling them.
(c) Mincing them and making them into pies.
(d) Roasting the dwarves slowly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
2. Who is supposed to ride in the boat with Bombur?
3. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
4. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
5. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)