|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high is the doorway that leads into the secret tunnel in Chapter 11?
(a) We are not told.
(b) Six feet high.
(c) Five feet high.
(d) Three feet high.
2. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
(a) The people of Laketown helped the dwarves when the dwarves were in need, but are now in need themselves.
(b) Bard was the one who actually killed the dragon.
(c) The dragon had a lot of treasure, so there is plenty for all to share.
(d) Some of the treasure came from Dale and belonged to Bard's ancestors.
3. How does the Elvenking react to the sight of the Arkenstone?
(a) He rejects Bilbo's offer as treacherous and ignoble, preferring instead to fight fairly for a share of the treasure.
(b) He is consumed by lust for the gem and is willing to renounce the rest of the treasure if he can have the Arkenstone.
(c) He is unimpressed by it.
(d) He is amazed by its beauty and questions Bilbo's right to give it to him.
4. What prediction of Gandalf's comes true in Chapter 9?
(a) The dwarves have learned to trust Bilbo to save them.
(b) They will be unable to reach the Lonely Mountain by Durin's Day.
(c) They will have to abandon their quest and return to digging coal.
(d) They came to disaster when they left the path in Mirkwood.
5. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
2. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
3. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
4. Which of the following is not a change that the adventurers notice after encountering the hunt and the white deer?
5. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)