|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who volunteers to come some of the way down the tunnel with Bilbo?
2. What is the weak point in Bilbo's plan of escape from the elves?
(a) He forgot that he couldn't swim.
(b) He forgot that the elves would notice that the barrels were still full.
(c) He forgot to leave air-holes so the dwarves could breathe through.
(d) He forgot that he had nobody to pack him inside a barrel.
3. What color is Thorin's hood?
(a) Sky blue.
(c) Yellow and orange.
4. What does Thorin take as armor and weapons from the hoard of Smaug's treasure?
(a) Silver armour, a belt set with rubies and a black mace set with diamonds.
(b) Spears with the heads inlaid with gold, an emerald-studded shield and a crown.
(c) A coat of silver mail, a helmet encrusted with diamonds and an ivory bow.
(d) A coat of gold-plated rings, an axe with a silver haft and a belt encrusted with scarlet stones.
5. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Cold ham and apples.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Cold mutton and rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
2. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
3. What sort of tree does Gandalf take refuge from the wargs in?
4. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
5. In Chapter 14, qho does Bard ask for help in making sure that the refugees from Laketown have food and shelter to help them through the oncoming winter?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)