|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
(a) A dead tree is hit by summer lightning.
(b) The goblins light it deliberately to kill the adventurers.
(c) Gandalf lights the fire to attract the attention of the eagles.
(d) The wargs spread it accidentally after Gandalf sets their coats alight.
2. What did Smaug meet in his nightmare before he wakes up?
(a) An army of archers.
(b) Thieves stealing from his hoard.
(c) A brave warrior with a sword.
(d) A bigger, stronger dragon wanting to steal his hoard.
3. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
(a) His love of old songs.
(b) His excellent memory and people skills.
(c) His economic expertise.
(d) His knowledge of the Elvish languages.
4. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
(a) He steals it from the stores or the table when nobody is looking.
(b) He scrounges it off the rubbish heaps of the elves.
(c) He slips out through the magic gates and goes hunting.
(d) He takes it out of the barrels sent to Esgaroth.
5. Who is the first dwarf to arrive at Bilbo's house in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Smaug react with such great fury in Chapter 12?
2. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
3. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
4. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
5. What is the name of Gandalf's cousin?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)