|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Bilbo's mother?
(a) Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.
(b) Belladonna Took.
(c) Rosemary Took.
(d) Bluebell Belladonna.
2. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
(a) Under a sack.
(b) In a tree trunk.
(c) In the trolls' cave.
(d) In a bush.
3. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
4. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
(b) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
(c) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
(d) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
5. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(b) He blunders into a dead end.
(c) Gollum catches him.
(d) He hears goblins going fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
2. After they have defeated the spiders, who do the adventurers discover is missing?
3. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
4. What was the final fate of the ponies?
5. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)