|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Thorin's hood?
(b) Sky blue.
(c) Yellow and orange.
2. How does Bilbo know that the gem he stumbles across is the Arkenstone?
(a) Bilbo recognizes it from Thorin's description.
(b) It is written in letters of gold across one of the facets of the stone.
(c) He does not know it is the Arkenstone at all and fails to recognize it.
(d) He hears the ghost of a long-dead dwarf whisper its name to him as he picks it up.
3. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
(a) A half moon.
(b) A full moon.
(c) A new moon.
(d) A waning crescent.
4. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
(a) Sheep, cattle and cats.
(b) Bees, eagles and enslaved wolves.
(c) Ponies, dogs and sheep.
(d) Bears, boars and oxen.
5. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
(a) He realizes that the dwarves will have to steal from Smaug rather than attempt to kill him, which is what the Lake-men believe.
(b) He knows a way to kill Smaug that the Lake-men do not.
(c) He quickly realizes how the dwarves managed to escape from his dungeons.
(d) He believes in the old songs and tales that the Master of Laketown has forgotten about.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
2. After they have defeated the spiders, who do the adventurers discover is missing?
3. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
4. Why does Bombur fall into the enchanted river?
5. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)