|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
(a) Using pickaxes to break through the stone.
(b) Beating on the stone and pushing at the cliff face.
(c) Reciting spells that can open locked doors.
(d) Throwing loose rocks at the cliff face.
2. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My birthday present.
(b) My special secret.
(c) My hiding place.
(d) My precious.
3. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A gibbous moon.
(b) A crescent moon.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A new moon.
4. Who does Bilbo meet unexpectedly in the camp of the elves and Lakemen?
5. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
(d) The Necromancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
2. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
3. What sort of tree does Gandalf take refuge from the wargs in?
4. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
5. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)