|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Bard understand the speech of the thrush?
(a) The thrush spoke Bard's native language.
(b) His ancestors came from Dale, where the people had the power of understanding the speech of birds.
(c) It was a special, magical thrush that could make any human that spoke to it understand.
(d) He has studied the language of birds and is used to it.
2. What is the name of Gandalf's cousin?
3. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
(a) We are not told.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A fortnight.
4. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
(b) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
(c) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
(d) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
5. What does Bilbo deduce from seeing the smoke and steam issuing from the Front Gate?
(a) That the dragon is getting ready to come out and eat them.
(b) That the dragon has set himself on fire.
(c) That the dragon is watching them from the side of the mountain.
(d) That the dragon is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
2. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
3. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
4. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
5. After they have defeated the spiders, who do the adventurers discover is missing?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)