|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do most of the arrows shot at Smaug have no effect on him?
(a) Smaug flies so high and fast that no arrows can reach him.
(b) Smag has a magic of his own that makes him invulnerable.
(c) The wind from Smaug's wings makes all the arrows miss their targets.
(d) The arrows either bounce off his scales and diamond encrusted underbelly, or he incinerates them with his fiery breath.
2. Who is the first dwarf to arrive at Bilbo's house in Chapter 1?
3. What wakes Bilbo up from his sleep after he realizes he is alone in Chapter 8, after coming across the elves' feast?
(a) The hunting horn of the elf king.
(b) A high-pitched buzzing noise made by a fly attempting to escape from the spiders.
(c) The shouts and cries of the dwarves.
(d) A spider, which is trying to wrap him up in sticky thread.
4. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) In trees beside the path.
(b) On the roof of Rivendell.
(c) Under the narrow stone bridge.
(d) Beside the stream.
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A new moon.
(b) A gibbous moon.
(c) A crescent moon.
(d) A full moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weak point in Bilbo's plan of escape from the elves?
2. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
3. Who finds the 'doorstep' of the secret door in Chapter 11?
4. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
5. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)