|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo deduce from seeing the smoke and steam issuing from the Front Gate?
(a) That the dragon is alive.
(b) That the dragon has set himself on fire.
(c) That the dragon is watching them from the side of the mountain.
(d) That the dragon is getting ready to come out and eat them.
2. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
(a) Ale, bread, cheese and bacon.
(b) Cheese, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes.
(c) Bacon, beer, rabbit pie, and apples.
(d) Mutton bones, mince pies and sausages.
3. Who is supposed to ride in the boat with Bombur?
4. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
(a) A raven.
(b) A thrush.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) An eagle.
5. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
(b) That they are frauds.
(c) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
(d) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
2. Why is Bard astonished when the thrush lands on his shoulder?
3. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
4. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
5. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)