|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of tree does Gandalf take refuge from the wargs in?
(a) A pine.
(b) An oak.
(c) A spruce.
(d) A fir.
2. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(b) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
(c) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(d) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
3. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
(a) Roasting the dwarves slowly.
(b) Sitting on them and squashing them.
(c) Mincing them and boiling them.
(d) Mincing them and making them into pies.
4. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
(a) You must either go through or give up the quest.
(b) Don't leave the path.
(c) Don't go near the Necromancer's tower.
(d) Keep going straight ahead, no matter what happens.
5. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
4. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
5. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)