|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
(a) Bees, eagles and enslaved wolves.
(b) Bears, boars and oxen.
(c) Ponies, dogs and sheep.
(d) Sheep, cattle and cats.
2. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
(b) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(c) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
(d) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
3. What small creatures does Bilbo find at the top of the oak tree in Chapter 8?
(a) Moths and caterpillars.
(b) Squirrels and sparrows.
(c) Centipedes and earwigs.
(d) Black butterflies and spiders.
4. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
(a) Cheese, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes.
(b) Ale, bread, cheese and bacon.
(c) Bacon, beer, rabbit pie, and apples.
(d) Mutton bones, mince pies and sausages.
5. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
(a) The king's butler.
(b) The other guards.
(c) The Elf King.
(d) The men who guided the barrels up the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
2. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
3. How can the dwarves and Bilbo reach the third camp outside the 'doorstep'?
4. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
5. What does Gollum call the ring?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)