|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
(a) Specially designed spurs of steel that will help them fight agains the goblins better.
(b) A magnificent necklace set with rubies and emeralds.
(c) A golden crown for the Lord of Eagles and golden collars for his fifteen chieftans.
(d) A wagon load of silver and gold.
2. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(b) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
(c) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
(d) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
3. How does Bilbo kill the spiders who have captured the dwarves in their webs?
(a) He uses strands of their own webs to make nooses and strangles them.
(b) He throws stones at them.
(c) He stabs them stealthily with Sting.
(d) He enrages them so much that they fall out of their trees to their deaths.
4. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
(b) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
(c) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
(d) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
5. In Chapter 14, qho does Bard ask for help in making sure that the refugees from Laketown have food and shelter to help them through the oncoming winter?
(a) Beorn and the woodsmen who hunt the Wargs.
(b) The goblins of the Misty Mountains.
(c) The dwarves of the Iron Hills.
(d) The King of the Wood Elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bombur fall into the enchanted river?
2. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
3. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
4. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
5. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)