|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
(a) The flames in the forest.
(b) A magical message from Gandalf.
(c) The howling of the wolves.
(d) The line of goblin soldiers marching towards the forest.
2. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
3. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) A harp.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A flute.
4. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
5. What is the name of Gandalf's cousin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
2. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
3. Why are the dwarves glad to be captured by the elves (at first)?
4. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
5. What unexpected news does Bilbo give the elves and Lakemen?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)