|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
(a) Mushrooms and crab-apples.
(b) Hawthorn berries and blackberries.
(c) Sorrel and wild strawberries.
(d) Blackberries and strawberries.
2. What color is Bilbo's front door into his hobbit hole?
3. For whom was the armor Bilbo is rewarded with in Chapter 13 originally made?
(a) The bride of the King Under the Mountain.
(b) Thorin when he was younger.
(c) A young elf prince.
(d) Bullroarer Took as a reward for killing the goblin chieftain.
4. What special ability does Beorn have?
(a) He can hunt any animal alive with his bare hands.
(b) He can handle bees without being stung.
(c) He can change from a man into a black bear.
(d) He can lift rocks as big as the Carrock.
5. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
(a) It had become hopelessly rusty in the trip down the river.
(b) It had fallen off and become lost while the Eagles were rescuing the adventurers from the wargs and goblins.
(c) The King of the Wood Elves took it from Thorin when he was made prisoner.
(d) Nothing - Thorin uses it to enhance his kingly apperance when he presents himself to the Master of Laketown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
2. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
3. Who is the first to see the lights from the elves' feast?
4. What color is Thorin's hood?
5. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)