|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Calling down lightning and thunder.
(b) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
(c) Fire and lights.
(d) Prophecy and pathfinding.
2. What does Bilbo manage to steal from Smaug in Chapter 12?
(a) A pocketful of gold coins.
(b) A golden cup.
(c) A necklace of rubies.
(d) A sharp sword.
3. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
(a) Gandalf lights the fire to attract the attention of the eagles.
(b) A dead tree is hit by summer lightning.
(c) The goblins light it deliberately to kill the adventurers.
(d) The wargs spread it accidentally after Gandalf sets their coats alight.
4. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
(b) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
(c) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
(d) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
(a) A half moon.
(b) A new moon.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A waning crescent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes the cram that the dwarves and Bilbo eat while camping at Ravenhill?
2. What prediction of Gandalf's comes true in Chapter 9?
3. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
4. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
5. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)