|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) Bilbo's birthday.
(b) The autumn equinox.
(c) Midsummer morning.
(d) Midsummer's Eve.
2. What wakes Bilbo up from his sleep after he realizes he is alone in Chapter 8, after coming across the elves' feast?
(a) A high-pitched buzzing noise made by a fly attempting to escape from the spiders.
(b) The shouts and cries of the dwarves.
(c) A spider, which is trying to wrap him up in sticky thread.
(d) The hunting horn of the elf king.
3. What colors is Smaug?
(a) Green and gold.
(b) Red and black.
(c) Red and green.
(d) Red and gold.
4. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
(a) He is amazed at the skill the dwarves talk about.
(b) He is intrigued and starts becoming greedy for a share of the treasure.
(c) He is angry and perplexed at their greed.
(d) He ignores them, as he has no interest in treasures.
5. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
(a) The echoes inside the caves are too confusing.
(b) The goblins have made themselves invisible.
(c) The goblins are wearing soft shoes.
(d) The dwarves are talking too loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
2. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
3. What is the first hint of the dragon's presence that Bilbo notices as he descends the tunnel?
4. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
5. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)