|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
(d) The Necromancer.
2. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
(a) Don't leave the path.
(b) Don't go near the Necromancer's tower.
(c) You must either go through or give up the quest.
(d) Keep going straight ahead, no matter what happens.
3. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) All three of them.
4. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
(a) They believe that Thorin is not the rightful King Under the Mountain.
(b) They believe that the dragon is harmless and even friendly.
(c) They believe that the river will flow with gold once the King Under the Mountain returns.
(d) They believe that the dragon does not exist.
5. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
(a) Gold and emeralds.
(b) Berries and red leaves.
(c) Oak leaves and acorns.
(d) Silver and white gems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
2. Apart from the dragon, what other animals live inside the Lonely Mountain?
3. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
4. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
5. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)