|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first dwarf to arrive at Bilbo's house in Chapter 1?
2. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) On the top of a windy mountain.
(b) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(c) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(d) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
3. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) The autumn equinox.
(b) Midsummer morning.
(c) Bilbo's birthday.
(d) Midsummer's Eve.
4. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
(a) He is very fond of the ponies and doesn't want to leave them behind.
(b) He does not believe that Bilbo and the others have really found the secret door.
(c) He lost a bet and had to go on guard duty as a result.
(d) He thinks he is too fat for the ropes and that he will get dizzy or trip on the path.
5. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
(b) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
(c) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
(d) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
2. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
3. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
4. What did Smaug meet in his nightmare before he wakes up?
5. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)