|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors is Smaug?
(a) Red and green.
(b) Green and gold.
(c) Red and gold.
(d) Red and black.
2. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
(a) He realizes that the dwarves will have to steal from Smaug rather than attempt to kill him, which is what the Lake-men believe.
(b) He quickly realizes how the dwarves managed to escape from his dungeons.
(c) He knows a way to kill Smaug that the Lake-men do not.
(d) He believes in the old songs and tales that the Master of Laketown has forgotten about.
3. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
(a) Bears, boars and oxen.
(b) Ponies, dogs and sheep.
(c) Sheep, cattle and cats.
(d) Bees, eagles and enslaved wolves.
4. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
5. After they have defeated the spiders, who do the adventurers discover is missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
2. What does Bilbo see at nightfall as they travel towards Mirkwood?
3. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
4. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
5. What does Thorin take as armor and weapons from the hoard of Smaug's treasure?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)