|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorin take as armor and weapons from the hoard of Smaug's treasure?
(a) Spears with the heads inlaid with gold, an emerald-studded shield and a crown.
(b) A coat of gold-plated rings, an axe with a silver haft and a belt encrusted with scarlet stones.
(c) Silver armour, a belt set with rubies and a black mace set with diamonds.
(d) A coat of silver mail, a helmet encrusted with diamonds and an ivory bow.
2. Why does Smaug react with such great fury in Chapter 12?
(a) He smells the dwarves and realizes that they are coming to kill him.
(b) He is extremely disturbed by his nightmare.
(c) He is hungry after his long sleep and his hunger infuriates him.
(d) He is outraged that someone has dared to steal from him.
3. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
4. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
(a) The Lonely Mountain.
(b) The Long Lake.
(c) The Iron Hills to the northeast of the lake.
(d) A landslide.
5. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
(a) The King of the Wood Elves took it from Thorin when he was made prisoner.
(b) It had become hopelessly rusty in the trip down the river.
(c) It had fallen off and become lost while the Eagles were rescuing the adventurers from the wargs and goblins.
(d) Nothing - Thorin uses it to enhance his kingly apperance when he presents himself to the Master of Laketown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Bilbo's front door into his hobbit hole?
2. What question of Balin's enraged the Elvenking?
3. What does Bilbo think the eagles will do to him at first?
4. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
5. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)