|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
(d) The Necromancer.
2. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
3. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
(a) Gandalf lights the fire to attract the attention of the eagles.
(b) The goblins light it deliberately to kill the adventurers.
(c) A dead tree is hit by summer lightning.
(d) The wargs spread it accidentally after Gandalf sets their coats alight.
4. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
(a) The Day of the Thrush.
(b) The Hunter's Moon.
(c) Durin's Day.
(d) The Threshold of Winter.
5. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
(a) The flames in the forest.
(b) The line of goblin soldiers marching towards the forest.
(c) The howling of the wolves.
(d) A magical message from Gandalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the 'doorstep' of the secret door in Chapter 11?
2. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
3. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
4. Who makes the cram that the dwarves and Bilbo eat while camping at Ravenhill?
5. What does Bilbo deduce from seeing the smoke and steam issuing from the Front Gate?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)