|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thorin considering doing when he learns that the other dwarves are also in prison with him?
(a) Telling the Elvenking about the quest and the treasure.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Promising the Elvenking a share of the treasure.
(d) Swearing to become a slave of the elves for the rest of his life.
2. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
(a) They believe that the dragon does not exist.
(b) They believe that Thorin is not the rightful King Under the Mountain.
(c) They believe that the river will flow with gold once the King Under the Mountain returns.
(d) They believe that the dragon is harmless and even friendly.
3. What prediction of Gandalf's comes true in Chapter 9?
(a) The dwarves have learned to trust Bilbo to save them.
(b) They came to disaster when they left the path in Mirkwood.
(c) They will be unable to reach the Lonely Mountain by Durin's Day.
(d) They will have to abandon their quest and return to digging coal.
4. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Prophecy and pathfinding.
(b) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
(c) Calling down lightning and thunder.
(d) Fire and lights.
5. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
(a) Fili and Kili.
(b) Dori and Nori.
(c) Oin and Gloin.
(d) Balin and Dwalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
2. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
3. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
4. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
5. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)