|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
2. Who is the first dwarf to arrive at Bilbo's house in Chapter 1?
3. What is the weak point in Bilbo's plan of escape from the elves?
(a) He forgot to leave air-holes so the dwarves could breathe through.
(b) He forgot that he had nobody to pack him inside a barrel.
(c) He forgot that he couldn't swim.
(d) He forgot that the elves would notice that the barrels were still full.
4. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
(a) His wet footprints and his sneezing.
(b) His shadow in the torchlight.
(c) He bumps into the men quite frequently.
(d) His weight presses the barrels lower in the water.
5. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Bilbo's mother?
2. What is the other name for Rivendell?
3. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
4. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
5. How does Bilbo know that the gem he stumbles across is the Arkenstone?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)