|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apart from the dragon, what other animals live inside the Lonely Mountain?
2. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
(a) Their singing.
(b) Their long beards.
(c) Their cruelty and wickedness towards dragons.
(d) Their love of gold.
3. Which of the following does not happen when one of the adventurers steps into the ring of lights surrounding the elves' feast?
(a) The elves begin singing an eerie tune.
(b) The adventurers become confused and disoriented.
(c) The lights magically go out.
(d) The fire erupts in a shower of sparks.
4. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
5. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(b) Deceptively green bogs.
(c) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
(d) Avalanches and rock falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
2. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
3. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
4. What animals do the adventurers see quite frequently in the early stages of their journey through Mirkwood?
5. What wakes Bilbo up from his sleep after he realizes he is alone in Chapter 8, after coming across the elves' feast?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)