|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
(a) The other guards.
(b) The king's butler.
(c) The men who guided the barrels up the river.
(d) The Elf King.
2. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(d) All three of them.
3. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
(a) He is angry and perplexed at their greed.
(b) He is amazed at the skill the dwarves talk about.
(c) He is intrigued and starts becoming greedy for a share of the treasure.
(d) He ignores them, as he has no interest in treasures.
4. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
(a) The magical light given off by Orcrist and Glamdring when goblins are nearby.
(b) A torch dropped by a goblin when Thorin killed one.
(c) The magical glow on Gandalf's staff.
(d) A strange green glow given off by Gandalf's smoke rings.
5. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
(a) Kili and Fili.
(b) Nori and Ori.
(c) Oin and Gloin.
(d) Bifur and Bofur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
2. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
3. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
4. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
5. What was the name of Bilbo's mother?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)