|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(b) On the top of a windy mountain.
(c) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(d) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
2. What is the weak point in Bilbo's plan of escape from the elves?
(a) He forgot that the elves would notice that the barrels were still full.
(b) He forgot that he couldn't swim.
(c) He forgot to leave air-holes so the dwarves could breathe through.
(d) He forgot that he had nobody to pack him inside a barrel.
3. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
(a) Their cruelty and wickedness towards dragons.
(b) Their singing.
(c) Their long beards.
(d) Their love of gold.
4. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half elf and half human.
(b) He is half human and half goblin.
(c) He is half human and half hobbit.
(d) He is half elf and half goblin.
5. What type of birds inhabit the area of the mountain and valleys closest to the Front Gate?
(a) None - the dragon has eaten them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
2. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
3. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
4. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
5. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)