|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Avalanches and rock falls.
(b) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(c) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
(d) Deceptively green bogs.
2. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
(a) Footsteps and whips.
(b) Hammers and tongs.
(c) Cymbals and tamborines.
(d) Drums and gongs.
3. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Fish and mushrooms.
(b) Ponies and goblins.
(c) Fish and goblins.
(d) Bats and spiders.
4. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
5. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
(a) The Lord of the Eagles tells him.
(b) His bees bring him the news.
(c) He finds the dead body of the Great Goblin.
(d) He finds the burnt wolf-glade and also forces a captive warg and goblin to tell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special ability does Beorn have?
2. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
3. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
4. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
5. What wakes Bilbo up from his sleep after he realizes he is alone in Chapter 8, after coming across the elves' feast?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)