|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) The Golden Perch.
(b) The Bridge and Bottle.
(c) The Green Dragon.
(d) The Prancing Pony.
2. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
3. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
(a) Beorn and other bears held a meeting and a dance.
(b) Beorn, in bear-shape, tried to kill the adventurers.
(c) Beorn and Gandalf talked all night on top of the Carrock.
(d) Beorn had a great battle against a pack of Wargs.
4. What color is Bilbo's front door into his hobbit hole?
5. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
(a) It looks poisonous and unhealthy.
(b) It flows too fast to be safe if they stand on the brink and try to fill their waterskins.
(c) They are more interested in getting across it.
(d) Beorn had warned them that the water was enchanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
2. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
3. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
4. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
5. Who does Bilbo see first after escaping Gollum and the dark tunnels?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)