|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
(a) Mincing them and boiling them.
(b) Mincing them and making them into pies.
(c) Roasting the dwarves slowly.
(d) Sitting on them and squashing them.
2. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) Midsummer morning.
(b) Bilbo's birthday.
(c) The autumn equinox.
(d) Midsummer's Eve.
3. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Fish and mushrooms.
(b) Bats and spiders.
(c) Fish and goblins.
(d) Ponies and goblins.
4. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
(a) A strange green glow given off by Gandalf's smoke rings.
(b) The magical light given off by Orcrist and Glamdring when goblins are nearby.
(c) The magical glow on Gandalf's staff.
(d) A torch dropped by a goblin when Thorin killed one.
5. Why does Bombur fall into the enchanted river?
(a) A deer knocks him in.
(b) The boat starts floating downstream so he jumps into the water.
(c) Dwalin knocks him in accidentally.
(d) He is too fat and clumsy to jump out of the boat without stumbling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction of Gandalf's comes true in Chapter 9?
2. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
3. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
4. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
5. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)