|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(b) Deceptively green bogs.
(c) Avalanches and rock falls.
(d) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
2. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
(d) None - Bilbo escapes.
3. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) A ring.
(b) A knife.
(c) A slice of bacon.
(d) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
4. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
(a) Bifur and Bofur.
(b) Nori and Ori.
(c) Kili and Fili.
(d) Oin and Gloin.
5. What wakes Bilbo up from his sleep after he realizes he is alone in Chapter 8, after coming across the elves' feast?
(a) The hunting horn of the elf king.
(b) The shouts and cries of the dwarves.
(c) A spider, which is trying to wrap him up in sticky thread.
(d) A high-pitched buzzing noise made by a fly attempting to escape from the spiders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
2. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
3. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
4. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)