|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other name for Rivendell?
(a) The Valley of the Elves.
(b) The Last Homely House.
(c) The Hidden Valley.
(d) The Edge of the Wild.
2. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(b) Gollum catches him.
(c) He blunders into a dead end.
(d) He hears goblins going fishing.
3. What sort of elves have taken Thorin prisoner?
(a) Deep Elves.
(b) Wood Elves.
(c) Light Elves.
(d) Sea Elves.
4. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
(a) He takes it out of the barrels sent to Esgaroth.
(b) He slips out through the magic gates and goes hunting.
(c) He scrounges it off the rubbish heaps of the elves.
(d) He steals it from the stores or the table when nobody is looking.
5. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
(a) The men who guided the barrels up the river.
(b) The king's butler.
(c) The other guards.
(d) The Elf King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
2. How does Bilbo kill the spiders who have captured the dwarves in their webs?
3. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
4. Who is supposed to ride in the boat with Bombur?
5. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)