|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Deceptively green bogs.
(b) Avalanches and rock falls.
(c) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(d) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
2. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) The Prancing Pony.
(b) The Golden Perch.
(c) The Bridge and Bottle.
(d) The Green Dragon.
3. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) A ring.
(b) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(c) A knife.
(d) A slice of bacon.
4. Which of the following does not happen when one of the adventurers steps into the ring of lights surrounding the elves' feast?
(a) The fire erupts in a shower of sparks.
(b) The lights magically go out.
(c) The adventurers become confused and disoriented.
(d) The elves begin singing an eerie tune.
5. Who does Bilbo see first after escaping Gollum and the dark tunnels?
Short Answer Questions
1. After they have defeated the spiders, who do the adventurers discover is missing?
2. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
3. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
4. How does Bilbo kill the spiders who have captured the dwarves in their webs?
5. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)