|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they have defeated the spiders, who do the adventurers discover is missing?
2. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(b) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(c) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(d) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
3. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
4. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
(a) He steals it from the stores or the table when nobody is looking.
(b) He scrounges it off the rubbish heaps of the elves.
(c) He slips out through the magic gates and goes hunting.
(d) He takes it out of the barrels sent to Esgaroth.
5. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
(a) Blue, red and green.
(b) Red, yellow and orange.
(c) Blue, white and purple.
(d) Green, black and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the final fate of the ponies?
2. What sort of tree does Gandalf take refuge from the wargs in?
3. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
4. What small creatures does Bilbo find at the top of the oak tree in Chapter 8?
5. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)