|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bombur fall into the enchanted river?
(a) A deer knocks him in.
(b) He is too fat and clumsy to jump out of the boat without stumbling.
(c) The boat starts floating downstream so he jumps into the water.
(d) Dwalin knocks him in accidentally.
2. How does Bilbo kill the spiders who have captured the dwarves in their webs?
(a) He stabs them stealthily with Sting.
(b) He throws stones at them.
(c) He uses strands of their own webs to make nooses and strangles them.
(d) He enrages them so much that they fall out of their trees to their deaths.
3. What does Bilbo see at nightfall as they travel towards Mirkwood?
(a) The borrowed ponies trying to escape.
(b) Wargs and goblins trying to sneak past Beorn's borders.
(c) Spies and servants of the Necromancer.
(d) A great black bear (Beorn in his animal shape) following them.
4. After they have defeated the spiders, who do the adventurers discover is missing?
5. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) A ring.
(b) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(c) A slice of bacon.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
2. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
3. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
4. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
5. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)