|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
(a) More like a grocer than a burglar.
(b) Little fellow bobbing on the mat.
(c) Our friend and fellow conspirator.
(d) As fierce as a dragon in a pinch.
2. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
(a) The Necromancer.
3. What is the weak point in Bilbo's plan of escape from the elves?
(a) He forgot that he couldn't swim.
(b) He forgot to leave air-holes so the dwarves could breathe through.
(c) He forgot that the elves would notice that the barrels were still full.
(d) He forgot that he had nobody to pack him inside a barrel.
4. Who does Bilbo see first after escaping Gollum and the dark tunnels?
5. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) The Bridge and Bottle.
(b) The Golden Perch.
(c) The Green Dragon.
(d) The Prancing Pony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of tree does Gandalf take refuge from the wargs in?
2. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
3. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
4. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
5. What prediction of Gandalf's comes true in Chapter 9?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)