|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
2. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(b) White horses.
(c) A mountain.
(d) The wind.
3. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
(a) Wargs have especially keen hearing.
(b) Wargs are magical, and the ring does not work on them.
(c) Wargs can still see the wearer's shadow, even by moonlight.
(d) Wargs can find the wearer by their sense of smell.
4. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
(a) Ale, bread, cheese and bacon.
(b) Cheese, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes.
(c) Mutton bones, mince pies and sausages.
(d) Bacon, beer, rabbit pie, and apples.
5. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
2. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
3. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
4. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
5. Who found the cave in Chapter 4?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)