|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo think the eagles will do to him at first?
(a) He thinks they will give him back to the goblins.
(b) He hopes that they will give him a meal.
(c) He thinks they plan to eat him.
(d) He is afraid they will drop him over the edge of their eyrie.
2. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
(a) Sheep, cattle and cats.
(b) Bears, boars and oxen.
(c) Ponies, dogs and sheep.
(d) Bees, eagles and enslaved wolves.
3. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) He can use it like a match to make fire.
(b) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(c) It helps him see in the dark.
(d) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
4. What small creatures does Bilbo find at the top of the oak tree in Chapter 8?
(a) Centipedes and earwigs.
(b) Moths and caterpillars.
(c) Black butterflies and spiders.
(d) Squirrels and sparrows.
5. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
(a) None - Bilbo escapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to see the lights from the elves' feast?
2. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
3. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
4. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
5. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)