|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
(a) He is angry and perplexed at their greed.
(b) He ignores them, as he has no interest in treasures.
(c) He is intrigued and starts becoming greedy for a share of the treasure.
(d) He is amazed at the skill the dwarves talk about.
2. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
(b) Red wine.
3. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
4. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) Hail and sleet.
5. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
(a) Cymbals and tamborines.
(b) Drums and gongs.
(c) Hammers and tongs.
(d) Footsteps and whips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prediction of Gandalf's comes true in Chapter 9?
2. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
3. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
4. What is Thorin considering doing when he learns that the other dwarves are also in prison with him?
5. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)