|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
(c) Instruments of torture.
2. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Avalanches and rock falls.
(b) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(c) Deceptively green bogs.
(d) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
3. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
(a) He finds the burnt wolf-glade and also forces a captive warg and goblin to tell him.
(b) The Lord of the Eagles tells him.
(c) His bees bring him the news.
(d) He finds the dead body of the Great Goblin.
4. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
(a) He scrounges it off the rubbish heaps of the elves.
(b) He steals it from the stores or the table when nobody is looking.
(c) He takes it out of the barrels sent to Esgaroth.
(d) He slips out through the magic gates and goes hunting.
5. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
(a) Durin's Day.
(b) The Hunter's Moon.
(c) The Threshold of Winter.
(d) The Day of the Thrush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
2. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
3. What small creatures does Bilbo find at the top of the oak tree in Chapter 8?
4. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
5. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)