|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
2. Who is the first to see the lights from the elves' feast?
3. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
(a) The dwarves are talking too loudly.
(b) The echoes inside the caves are too confusing.
(c) The goblins have made themselves invisible.
(d) The goblins are wearing soft shoes.
4. What is the other name for Rivendell?
(a) The Valley of the Elves.
(b) The Last Homely House.
(c) The Hidden Valley.
(d) The Edge of the Wild.
5. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
(b) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
(c) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
(d) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
2. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
3. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
4. Who found the cave in Chapter 4?
5. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)