|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
2. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
(a) Under a sack.
(b) In the trolls' cave.
(c) In a bush.
(d) In a tree trunk.
3. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
(a) Mincing them and boiling them.
(b) Roasting the dwarves slowly.
(c) Sitting on them and squashing them.
(d) Mincing them and making them into pies.
4. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
(a) Bifur and Bofur.
(b) Oin and Gloin.
(c) Nori and Ori.
(d) Kili and Fili.
5. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
(a) A thrush.
(b) A raven.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
2. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
3. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
4. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
5. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)