|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
(b) The Necromancer.
2. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) The Golden Perch.
(b) The Green Dragon.
(c) The Bridge and Bottle.
(d) The Prancing Pony.
3. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) In trees beside the path.
(b) Beside the stream.
(c) On the roof of Rivendell.
(d) Under the narrow stone bridge.
4. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half human and half hobbit.
(b) He is half human and half goblin.
(c) He is half elf and half goblin.
(d) He is half elf and half human.
5. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
2. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
3. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
4. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
5. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)