|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
(a) Bifur and Bofur.
(b) Nori and Ori.
(c) Oin and Gloin.
(d) Kili and Fili.
2. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
(a) A harp.
(b) A clarinet.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A flute.
3. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
(a) The Threshold of Winter.
(b) Durin's Day.
(c) The Hunter's Moon.
(d) The Day of the Thrush.
4. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
(a) Fili and Kili.
(b) Balin and Dwalin.
(c) Dori and Nori.
(d) Oin and Gloin.
5. What color is Thorin's hood?
(a) Yellow and orange.
(b) Sky blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
2. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
3. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
4. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
5. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)