|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
(a) Their cruelty and wickedness towards dragons.
(b) Their singing.
(c) Their love of gold.
(d) Their long beards.
2. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
3. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
4. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
(a) A clarinet.
(b) A flute.
(c) A harp.
(d) A fiddle.
5. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
(a) A thrush.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
2. Who is the first dwarf to arrive at Bilbo's house in Chapter 1?
3. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
4. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)