|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
(a) Red wine.
2. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A purse.
(c) A pony.
(d) A jug of beer.
3. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(b) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
(c) Deceptively green bogs.
(d) Avalanches and rock falls.
4. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
(a) A large, clumsy key.
(b) A knife big enough to serve him as a short sword.
(c) A long beautiful sword in a jewelled scabbard.
(d) A pot full of gold coins.
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A gibbous moon.
(b) A new moon.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A crescent moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name for Rivendell?
2. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
3. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
4. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
5. What was the name of Bilbo's mother?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)