|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
(a) Bacon, beer, rabbit pie, and apples.
(b) Mutton bones, mince pies and sausages.
(c) Cheese, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes.
(d) Ale, bread, cheese and bacon.
2. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
3. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
(a) A jug of beer.
(b) A pony.
(c) A purse.
(d) A dagger.
4. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
(b) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
(c) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
(d) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
5. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
(a) Little fellow bobbing on the mat.
(b) More like a grocer than a burglar.
(c) As fierce as a dragon in a pinch.
(d) Our friend and fellow conspirator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
2. What color is Thorin's hood?
3. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
4. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
5. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)