|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
(a) A jug of beer.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A pony.
(d) A purse.
2. What is the other name for Rivendell?
(a) The Valley of the Elves.
(b) The Last Homely House.
(c) The Edge of the Wild.
(d) The Hidden Valley.
3. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
(a) A cauldron of boiling water.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A branch torn off a tree.
(d) A burning branch from the fire.
4. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half human and half goblin.
(b) He is half elf and half human.
(c) He is half elf and half goblin.
(d) He is half human and half hobbit.
5. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Avalanches and rock falls.
(b) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(c) Deceptively green bogs.
(d) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
2. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
3. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
4. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
5. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)