|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
(a) Bacon, beer, rabbit pie, and apples.
(b) Cheese, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes.
(c) Ale, bread, cheese and bacon.
(d) Mutton bones, mince pies and sausages.
2. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Thin and spidery.
(b) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
(c) Flowing and beautiful.
(d) Cunning and cryptic.
3. What color is Bilbo's front door into his hobbit hole?
4. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
(a) A burning branch from the fire.
(b) A cauldron of boiling water.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A branch torn off a tree.
5. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name for Rivendell?
2. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
3. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
4. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
5. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)