|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) The Prancing Pony.
(b) The Green Dragon.
(c) The Bridge and Bottle.
(d) The Golden Perch.
2. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) Midsummer morning.
(b) Midsummer's Eve.
(c) The autumn equinox.
(d) Bilbo's birthday.
3. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) A new moon.
(c) A gibbous moon.
(d) A full moon.
4. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(b) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
(c) Avalanches and rock falls.
(d) Deceptively green bogs.
5. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name for Rivendell?
2. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
3. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
4. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
5. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)