|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Thorin's hood?
(a) Yellow and orange.
(d) Sky blue.
2. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half elf and half human.
(b) He is half elf and half goblin.
(c) He is half human and half hobbit.
(d) He is half human and half goblin.
3. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) Midsummer's Eve.
(b) Bilbo's birthday.
(c) The autumn equinox.
(d) Midsummer morning.
4. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
5. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A thrush.
(d) A raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
2. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
3. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
4. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
5. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)