|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In the Mines of Moria.
(b) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
(c) In Rivendell itself.
(d) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
2. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(b) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
(c) Avalanches and rock falls.
(d) Deceptively green bogs.
3. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
4. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
(a) Oin and Gloin.
(b) Balin and Dwalin.
(c) Fili and Kili.
(d) Dori and Nori.
5. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
(a) A purse.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A pony.
(d) A jug of beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
2. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
3. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
4. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
5. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)