|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A thrush.
(d) A raven.
2. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
3. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Deceptively green bogs.
(b) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
(c) Avalanches and rock falls.
(d) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
4. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
(a) Little fellow bobbing on the mat.
(b) More like a grocer than a burglar.
(c) As fierce as a dragon in a pinch.
(d) Our friend and fellow conspirator.
5. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
Short Answer Questions
1. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
2. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
3. What color is Thorin's hood?
4. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
5. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)