|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Bilbo's front door into his hobbit hole?
2. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
(a) The Day of the Thrush.
(b) The Threshold of Winter.
(c) Durin's Day.
(d) The Hunter's Moon.
3. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) A gibbous moon.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A new moon.
4. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
(b) Cunning and cryptic.
(c) Thin and spidery.
(d) Flowing and beautiful.
5. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
2. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
3. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
4. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
5. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)