|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) In trees beside the path.
(b) Under the narrow stone bridge.
(c) Beside the stream.
(d) On the roof of Rivendell.
2. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) Midsummer's Eve.
(b) Midsummer morning.
(c) The autumn equinox.
(d) Bilbo's birthday.
3. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
(a) A cauldron of boiling water.
(b) A branch torn off a tree.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A burning branch from the fire.
4. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
(a) The Day of the Thrush.
(b) The Hunter's Moon.
(c) The Threshold of Winter.
(d) Durin's Day.
5. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Thin and spidery.
(b) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
(c) Cunning and cryptic.
(d) Flowing and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
2. Who is the first dwarf to arrive at Bilbo's house in Chapter 1?
3. What is the other name for Rivendell?
4. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
5. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)