|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
(c) The Necromancer.
2. What is the other name for Rivendell?
(a) The Edge of the Wild.
(b) The Valley of the Elves.
(c) The Hidden Valley.
(d) The Last Homely House.
3. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) Under the narrow stone bridge.
(b) Beside the stream.
(c) In trees beside the path.
(d) On the roof of Rivendell.
4. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
5. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half human and half hobbit.
(b) He is half human and half goblin.
(c) He is half elf and half goblin.
(d) He is half elf and half human.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
2. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
3. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
4. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
5. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)