|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(b) All three of them.
2. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
3. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A raven.
(d) A thrush.
4. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
(a) A large, clumsy key.
(b) A pot full of gold coins.
(c) A long beautiful sword in a jewelled scabbard.
(d) A knife big enough to serve him as a short sword.
5. What was the name of Bilbo's mother?
(a) Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.
(b) Bluebell Belladonna.
(c) Rosemary Took.
(d) Belladonna Took.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
2. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
3. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
4. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
5. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)