|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
(b) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
(c) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
(d) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
2. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Thin and spidery.
(b) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
(c) Cunning and cryptic.
(d) Flowing and beautiful.
3. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) On the roof of Rivendell.
(b) In trees beside the path.
(c) Beside the stream.
(d) Under the narrow stone bridge.
4. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
5. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
(a) Oin and Gloin.
(b) Bifur and Bofur.
(c) Kili and Fili.
(d) Nori and Ori.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
2. Who made the map that Gandalf gives to Thorin?
3. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
4. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
5. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)