|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
(d) Red wine.
2. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In the Mines of Moria.
(b) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
(c) In Rivendell itself.
(d) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
3. What is the other name for Rivendell?
(a) The Edge of the Wild.
(b) The Hidden Valley.
(c) The Last Homely House.
(d) The Valley of the Elves.
4. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) Midsummer's Eve.
(b) Bilbo's birthday.
(c) Midsummer morning.
(d) The autumn equinox.
5. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
(a) Roasting the dwarves slowly.
(b) Sitting on them and squashing them.
(c) Mincing them and boiling them.
(d) Mincing them and making them into pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
2. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
3. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
4. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
5. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)