|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
(a) The Lord of the Eagles tells him.
(b) His bees bring him the news.
(c) He finds the burnt wolf-glade and also forces a captive warg and goblin to tell him.
(d) He finds the dead body of the Great Goblin.
2. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
3. How can the dwarves and Bilbo reach the third camp outside the 'doorstep'?
(a) Either by a narrow path along the edge of a precipice or by ropes.
(b) By floating along the river.
(c) On horseback.
(d) Only by ropes - no other way is possible.
4. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
(a) Ponies, dogs and sheep.
(b) Bears, boars and oxen.
(c) Sheep, cattle and cats.
(d) Bees, eagles and enslaved wolves.
5. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) On the top of a windy mountain.
(b) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(c) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(d) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
2. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
3. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
4. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
5. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)