|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(c) Gollum's grandmother.
(d) A fish.
2. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
3. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
(a) He thinks he is too fat for the ropes and that he will get dizzy or trip on the path.
(b) He lost a bet and had to go on guard duty as a result.
(c) He does not believe that Bilbo and the others have really found the secret door.
(d) He is very fond of the ponies and doesn't want to leave them behind.
4. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
(a) Don't go near the Necromancer's tower.
(b) Don't leave the path.
(c) You must either go through or give up the quest.
(d) Keep going straight ahead, no matter what happens.
5. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
2. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
3. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
4. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
5. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)