|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(a) The wind.
(c) White horses.
(d) A mountain.
2. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(b) He hears goblins going fishing.
(c) He blunders into a dead end.
(d) Gollum catches him.
3. How can the dwarves and Bilbo reach the third camp outside the 'doorstep'?
(a) By floating along the river.
(b) Either by a narrow path along the edge of a precipice or by ropes.
(c) On horseback.
(d) Only by ropes - no other way is possible.
4. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) Under the narrow stone bridge.
(b) In trees beside the path.
(c) On the roof of Rivendell.
(d) Beside the stream.
5. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Bread and water.
(c) Cold mutton and rabbit.
(d) Cold ham and apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
2. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
3. What question of Balin's enraged the Elvenking?
4. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
5. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)