|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In Rivendell itself.
(b) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
(c) In the Mines of Moria.
(d) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
2. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
3. What special ability does Beorn have?
(a) He can handle bees without being stung.
(b) He can hunt any animal alive with his bare hands.
(c) He can change from a man into a black bear.
(d) He can lift rocks as big as the Carrock.
4. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
(a) He lost a bet and had to go on guard duty as a result.
(b) He does not believe that Bilbo and the others have really found the secret door.
(c) He is very fond of the ponies and doesn't want to leave them behind.
(d) He thinks he is too fat for the ropes and that he will get dizzy or trip on the path.
5. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(a) A mountain.
(c) White horses.
(d) The wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
2. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
3. Why are the dwarves glad to be captured by the elves (at first)?
4. What nearly gives Bilbo's presence away to the men steering the barrels in spite of the invisibility conferred on him by the ring?
5. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)