|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
(a) A new moon.
(b) A waning crescent.
(c) A half moon.
(d) A full moon.
2. What is the other name for Rivendell?
(a) The Hidden Valley.
(b) The Last Homely House.
(c) The Valley of the Elves.
(d) The Edge of the Wild.
3. How high is the doorway that leads into the secret tunnel in Chapter 11?
(a) Five feet high.
(b) Three feet high.
(c) Six feet high.
(d) We are not told.
4. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
(a) Beorn and Gandalf talked all night on top of the Carrock.
(b) Beorn and other bears held a meeting and a dance.
(c) Beorn had a great battle against a pack of Wargs.
(d) Beorn, in bear-shape, tried to kill the adventurers.
5. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(b) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(c) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(d) On the top of a windy mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
2. What is the weak point in Bilbo's plan of escape from the elves?
3. What is Beorn doing when Gandalf and Bilbo arrive at his house?
4. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
5. What does Gollum eat?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)