|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gandalf's cousin?
2. What prediction of Gandalf's comes true in Chapter 9?
(a) They will be unable to reach the Lonely Mountain by Durin's Day.
(b) They will have to abandon their quest and return to digging coal.
(c) The dwarves have learned to trust Bilbo to save them.
(d) They came to disaster when they left the path in Mirkwood.
3. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In the Mines of Moria.
(b) In Rivendell itself.
(c) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
(d) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
4. What is the other name for Rivendell?
(a) The Hidden Valley.
(b) The Valley of the Elves.
(c) The Edge of the Wild.
(d) The Last Homely House.
5. Who finds the 'doorstep' of the secret door in Chapter 11?
(a) Bifur, Bofur and Bombur.
(b) Bilbo, Fili and Kili.
(c) Thorin, Bilbo and Balin.
(d) Nori, Dori and Ori.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
2. What does Gollum eat?
3. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
4. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
5. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)