|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special ability does Beorn have?
(a) He can lift rocks as big as the Carrock.
(b) He can change from a man into a black bear.
(c) He can handle bees without being stung.
(d) He can hunt any animal alive with his bare hands.
2. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
(a) A wagon load of silver and gold.
(b) Specially designed spurs of steel that will help them fight agains the goblins better.
(c) A golden crown for the Lord of Eagles and golden collars for his fifteen chieftans.
(d) A magnificent necklace set with rubies and emeralds.
3. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
(a) Throwing loose rocks at the cliff face.
(b) Reciting spells that can open locked doors.
(c) Using pickaxes to break through the stone.
(d) Beating on the stone and pushing at the cliff face.
4. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Cold ham and apples.
(c) Cold mutton and rabbit.
(d) Bread and water.
5. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
2. What is Beorn doing when Gandalf and Bilbo arrive at his house?
3. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
4. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
5. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)