|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
(a) Bears, boars and oxen.
(b) Bees, eagles and enslaved wolves.
(c) Sheep, cattle and cats.
(d) Ponies, dogs and sheep.
2. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
3. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My birthday present.
(b) My precious.
(c) My special secret.
(d) My hiding place.
4. What do the dwarves suggest that Bilbo should do when they begin to despair of being able to open the secret door in Chapter 11?
(a) Try to capture one of the thrushes, crows or ravens and use its feathers as a disguise to sneak into the mountain through the Front Gate.
(b) Talk to the thrushes and see if they know the secret of opening the door.
(c) Go back to Laketown and ask for more supplies and weapons.
(d) Go into the mountain through the Front Gate using his magic ring.
5. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
(b) He paddles a little boat.
(c) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(d) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
2. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
3. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
4. Who finds the 'doorstep' of the secret door in Chapter 11?
5. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)