|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(b) A fish.
(c) Gollum's grandmother.
2. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half elf and half goblin.
(b) He is half elf and half human.
(c) He is half human and half hobbit.
(d) He is half human and half goblin.
3. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
(a) Oak leaves and acorns.
(b) Gold and emeralds.
(c) Berries and red leaves.
(d) Silver and white gems.
4. What question of Balin's enraged the Elvenking?
(a) Balin asks if the elves know anything about Smaug's treasure.
(b) Balin asks what has happened to Thorin.
(c) Balin asks if the spiders are the elves' pets.
(d) Balin asks the Elvenking for food and drink before being set free.
5. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
(a) Whips and clubs.
(b) They freeze the dwarves with their magical powers.
(c) Swords and daggers.
(d) Bows and spears.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
2. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
3. Who finds the 'doorstep' of the secret door in Chapter 11?
4. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
5. What animals or creatures can be found near the doorstep?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)