|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
(a) He finds the burnt wolf-glade and also forces a captive warg and goblin to tell him.
(b) He finds the dead body of the Great Goblin.
(c) The Lord of the Eagles tells him.
(d) His bees bring him the news.
2. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
(a) A wagon load of silver and gold.
(b) Specially designed spurs of steel that will help them fight agains the goblins better.
(c) A magnificent necklace set with rubies and emeralds.
(d) A golden crown for the Lord of Eagles and golden collars for his fifteen chieftans.
3. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
(a) He is amazed at the skill the dwarves talk about.
(b) He ignores them, as he has no interest in treasures.
(c) He is intrigued and starts becoming greedy for a share of the treasure.
(d) He is angry and perplexed at their greed.
4. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) On the roof of Rivendell.
(b) Under the narrow stone bridge.
(c) In trees beside the path.
(d) Beside the stream.
5. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
(a) Their singing.
(b) Their long beards.
(c) Their love of gold.
(d) Their cruelty and wickedness towards dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
2. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
3. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
4. What does Bilbo deduce from seeing the smoke and steam issuing from the Front Gate?
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)