|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) In trees beside the path.
(b) Beside the stream.
(c) Under the narrow stone bridge.
(d) On the roof of Rivendell.
2. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
(a) Using pickaxes to break through the stone.
(b) Beating on the stone and pushing at the cliff face.
(c) Reciting spells that can open locked doors.
(d) Throwing loose rocks at the cliff face.
3. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
(a) He is amazed at the skill the dwarves talk about.
(b) He ignores them, as he has no interest in treasures.
(c) He is angry and perplexed at their greed.
(d) He is intrigued and starts becoming greedy for a share of the treasure.
4. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
5. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
(a) Their love of gold.
(b) Their singing.
(c) Their long beards.
(d) Their cruelty and wickedness towards dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
2. How can the dwarves and Bilbo reach the third camp outside the 'doorstep'?
3. What does Bilbo see at nightfall as they travel towards Mirkwood?
4. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
5. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)