|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high is the doorway that leads into the secret tunnel in Chapter 11?
(a) We are not told.
(b) Five feet high.
(c) Six feet high.
(d) Three feet high.
2. Which dwarf is not present on the Doorstep when the door is finally opened?
3. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
(a) He is amazed at the skill the dwarves talk about.
(b) He is angry and perplexed at their greed.
(c) He is intrigued and starts becoming greedy for a share of the treasure.
(d) He ignores them, as he has no interest in treasures.
4. Why are the dwarves glad to be captured by the elves (at first)?
(a) They know that if they promise the elves a share of their treasure, they will be set free.
(b) The elves have been friends with the dwarves for hundreds of years.
(c) They are starving, and the elves will give their prisoners food.
(d) They guess that the elves have taken Thorin prisoner and they want to be reunited with him.
5. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Flowing and beautiful.
(b) Thin and spidery.
(c) Cunning and cryptic.
(d) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
2. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
3. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
4. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
5. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)