|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My birthday present.
(b) My hiding place.
(c) My precious.
(d) My special secret.
2. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) A knife.
(b) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(c) A ring.
(d) A slice of bacon.
3. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(c) A fish.
(d) Gollum's grandmother.
4. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(b) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
5. What do the dwarves suggest that Bilbo should do when they begin to despair of being able to open the secret door in Chapter 11?
(a) Go back to Laketown and ask for more supplies and weapons.
(b) Talk to the thrushes and see if they know the secret of opening the door.
(c) Go into the mountain through the Front Gate using his magic ring.
(d) Try to capture one of the thrushes, crows or ravens and use its feathers as a disguise to sneak into the mountain through the Front Gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
2. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
3. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
4. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
5. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)