|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the dwarves and Bilbo reach the third camp outside the 'doorstep'?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By floating along the river.
(c) Either by a narrow path along the edge of a precipice or by ropes.
(d) Only by ropes - no other way is possible.
2. What does Bilbo deduce from seeing the smoke and steam issuing from the Front Gate?
(a) That the dragon is watching them from the side of the mountain.
(b) That the dragon is alive.
(c) That the dragon has set himself on fire.
(d) That the dragon is getting ready to come out and eat them.
3. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
4. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
5. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half elf and half goblin.
(b) He is half human and half hobbit.
(c) He is half human and half goblin.
(d) He is half elf and half human.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
2. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
3. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
4. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
5. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)