|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What diet addition helps the crew of the H.M.S. Surprise combat scurvy?
(a) Fresh vegetables and citrus fruit.
(b) More protein.
(c) Calcium in cheese.
(d) More salt.
2. By what means does Aubrey sneak away from the Grapes in order to meet with Sophie?
(a) He hides in a hearse.
(b) He signals from the beach to the rescue boat .
(c) He hides on a gun boat.
(d) He uses a guard's uniform.
3. In chapter one, under what circumstances do Sir Joseph Blain, Admiral Harte, and various other political and military figures meet?
(a) Meeting of the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty.
(b) Ball thrown for the young hero Captain Jack Aubrey.
(c) Funeral of the King of England.
(d) Quarters of Harte on H.M.S. Lively.
4. What does Aubrey realize when he returns to the China fleet?
(a) The China fleet is not able to help him.
(b) The China fleet sumpathizes with the French.
(c) He is completely fooled the French armada.
(d) The French armada finds the China fleet as well.
5. Who leads the French Armada?
(b) French officer Dutourd.
(c) Rear-Admiral Linois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the probable fate of many prisoners freed along with Maturin?
2. With what kind of communication does Aubrey augment the initial method of light flashes at Minorca?
3. Where does Aubrey meet with Sophie when he leaves the Grapes?
4. Why must Maturin be rushed away from the duel scene?
5. What becomes of the biological specimens collected on the rocks?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)