|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is the onslaught of the Port Mahon prison carried out by Aubrey's men a success?
(a) They successfully take the prison.
(b) They are stalled by weather delay.
(c) They abandon plans to take the prison.
(d) They rescue prisoners but French guards escape.
2. What diet addition helps the crew of the H.M.S. Surprise combat scurvy?
(a) Calcium in cheese.
(b) Fresh vegetables and citrus fruit.
(c) More protein.
(d) More salt.
3. What is the name of the officer who witnesses the Port Mahon rescue and slips into the night?
(c) Admiral Harte.
4. When they meet, what does Diana tell Maturin about her relationship with Canning?
(a) They often fight.
(b) Canning makes her happy.
(c) Canning is running out of money.
(d) Canning still loves his wife.
5. What consumes all of Aubrey's time while the H.M.S. Surprise is anchored at Bombay?
(a) He searches for Diana.
(b) He helps Maturin with business.
(c) He takes a vacation.
(d) He supervises refitting the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maturin react to what Sir Joseph tells him at their meeting after the lecture?
2. Captain Jack Aubrey leaves the blockade when ordered to go where?
3. How does H.M.S. Lively get messages and mail while on blockade duty?
4. Who represents the East India Company in Calcutta?
5. What relationship, if any, does Aubrey have with the captain of the Seringapatam?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)