|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aubrey's reaction to Stanhope's demise?
(a) He is glad to be rid of the burden.
(b) He is sad to lose his chess partner.
(c) He is optimistic that their troubles are over.
(d) He feels the voyage is for nothing.
2. What is Maturin's understanding of Stanhope's deteriorating health?
(a) He decides only surgery will help.
(b) He fears Stanhope is contagious.
(c) He thinks only a hospital can save Stanhope.
(d) He gives up on Stanhope.
3. Why is the First Lord of the Lords Commissioners not happy about allowing captured Spanish vessels to be considered prizes?
(a) Aubrey benefits from the prizes.
(b) Fortune goes to Sir Joseph Blain.
(c) Prime minister is sympathizing with the Spanish.
(d) First Lord fears a Spanish retaliation.
4. How does Maturin react to what Sir Joseph tells him at their meeting after the lecture?
(a) He determines to complete his mission,
(b) He does not believe Sir Joseph.
(c) He decides to call off his mission.
(d) He leaves for South Africa.
5. Why does Aubrey meet with the first lieutenant Stourton shortly after the ship sets sail out of Bombay?
(a) Aubrey asks Stourton about the French fleet.
(b) Stourton accounts for the ship's money.
(c) Stourton asks to discuss navigation.
(d) Aubry wants to brief him on how the ship is run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey hope to make the Port Mahon rescue appear to be?
2. Why does the swell aid Aubrey and the China fleet?
3. How long does the rescue of Maturin take?
4. How prosperous is the China fleet?
5. In chapter five, does the envoy Stanhope enjoy his voyage on H.M.S. Surprise?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)