|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How successful is Aubrey's message of flashes when he first gets to Minorca?
(a) He draws attention of the French.
(b) He gets no replay from Maturin.
(c) He misreads the response.
(d) He gets Maturin's signals back .
2. Is Stanhope the only passenger on the H.M.S. Surprise who suffers from seasickness?
(a) Stanhope's entourage also suffer seasickness.
(b) Several crew members get seasick.
(c) No one else is seasick.
(d) Maturin is often seasick.
3. Captain Jack Aubrey leaves the blockade when ordered to go where?
(a) Back to England.
(b) To Minorca.
(c) To head for the Netherlands.
(d) To India.
4. How does Maturin aid in Aubrey's rescue attempt at Port Mahon?
(a) He joins in the battle.
(b) He kills an escaping French officer.
(c) He supplies disguises.
(d) He entices the French commander back to prison.
5. While in Bombay, what does Maturin learn becomes of Sophie's sisters?
(a) They both find jobs as governesses.
(b) They are both married.
(c) They move to Scotland.
(d) One sister is pregnant and the other runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the rescue of Maturin take?
2. What problems, if any, does the inspection of the H.M.S. Surprise uncover?
3. What does Sir Joseph Blain discuss with Maturin after the lecture?
4. What do the officers and crew of H.M.S. Lively think of their temporary captain, Aubrey?
5. What two men occasionally play music on the ship during the voyage to India?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)